The Bookstore || A Percabeth...

By Adri-Pearl

After her mother, Athena passed away, Annabeth had to run her mother's bookstore all by herself. But with no... More

Aesthetics
This was not going to end well for me
That was confusing
Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad
I was not taught to sleep on command
Is this a bookstore or restraunt ?
I refused that she refused my help
One day
But here I was, in the exact same situation
When will my life beginnn
This was going to be fun
I was glad to have my bestfriend back
Nope Nope Nopity Nope
He must think I was weird
Stupid fates of Greece
Thank the fate's of Greece
My mom was the best
Maybe I had something to worry about
Nameless
I'm in trouble
Ugh Drew
*Bonus Chappy*
The return to Miami
Glass bottle
Lucky little baby
Percy finally stopped being clueless
A chill night
Pt 1: Oh no
Pt 2: Oh no no
Best of luck
Aunt Hera's making my ears bleed - Pt 1
Aunt Hera's making my ears bleed pt-2
Running the bookstore, again.
Never having coffee, again.
Something permanent
Mom needs to realise that I'm not a baby anymore
Hospital conversations are absolute HELLen
The worst timing in the history of my world
New Years Day
Bonnie and Clyde
My lovable fool
Its a love story
•Epilogue•

Baby just say yes

1.9K 32 156
By Adri-Pearl

(11th July- 10ishpm )

The sounds of fireworks filled the air,yet everything in the world felt quiet as I looked at Percy in front of me, my hand in his as he stood on one knee.

"Will you do my the honour of being my wife, wise girl?" he whispered, "You're my best friend and my whole world. You own my heart, completely and irrevocably. I love ever single part of you, your darkest scars to your lightest laughs. I promise to treat you like the queen you are every single day and spend my entire life watching your eyes light up after I've done something stupid. I love you, Annabeth Chase. Will you marry me?"

My world tilted, every cell in my body filling with pure elation as I stared at my sea-green eyed boy.

I loved him, with every part of me.

I wasn't able to speak, the shock still rocked my body.

When I finally managed to open my mouth, the words that came out were, "what if I say no?"

Percy's face fell, his hand tightening ever so lightly around mine, "I....I respect your choice. But that doesn't make anything I said any less true and I hope that-"

One glance at my face and he could tell I was joking, his eyes lighting up with amusement.

"You...you are diabolical!" he laughed, getting on his feet in a huff

"Yes yes yes! I do! I will marry you," I laughed with him, jumping into his ever ready arms.

I kissed him for what felt like eternity and I still couldn't get enough.

The pull between was sacred, and I would spend every day of my life honouring it.

I opened my mouth to tell him that, but he cut me off with another kiss before screaming out towards the ocean.

"SHE SAID YES GUYS!"

"Percy," I laughed, "I'm sure the fishes are asleep"

"Oh I wasn't talking to the fishes," he said, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

He turned me around and for the second time in an hour, I was completely stunned.

Everyone I loved was there.

The Argo, Sally, Paul, Estelle, Tyson, Thalia and Luke, my younger brothers, Percy's stepmother, Aunt Aphrodite....even my stepmother and Chiron!

"I-"

"COME ON GUYS! GET TO WORK," screamed, her voice working her magic as everyone ran to retrieve some stuff, "MY GIRL IS GETTING MARRIED"

"What's going on?" I asked Percy, my heart still thumping wildly in my chest.

"I kinda forgot to mention this part," he chuckled nervously, running a hand through his hair, "I was hoping....you would marry me right here and right now. I don't want to waste another second worrying that someone's going to rip you away from it"

"First of all, no one is ever going to take me away from you," I smiled, kissing the tip of his nose, "And yes, Percy. I will marry you...right here and right now"

"Oh good," he laughed, spinning me around until we were both dizzy, "I wouldn't have it any other way"

"Annabeth..." I felt a tap on my shoulder,.

I turned around and faced my stepmother, bracing myself for another beating down.

But with Percy standing beside me and just...being in his embrace, it didn't make me feel alone. It made me feel strong, confident even.

"I suppose you're here to tell me you sold the bookstore and how I should not throw my life away?" I asked her, attempting not to roll my eyes, "Cause if that's the case, you can leave. As sweet of it as it was for my fiancé to invite you here, I have no intention of letting you spoil my perfect day"

"I was just...hoping we could talk," Helen said, her tone oddly soft.

I looked at Percy, who gave me an encouraging shove.

"You have five minutes," I tapped my foot. Out ahead, I could see a flurry of action but I couldn't discern anything.

"Percy....I'm very happy for you. He's a wonderful boy, absolutely heads over heels in love with you," she smiled, "He...made me realise that I was never honest with you"

"What do you mean?"

"Annabeth...you have no idea how much I value you. I love you, believe it or not. I was just....so guilty of taking away your childhood that I pushed you away, which just took up most of your childhood and I just...let it happen"

"Helen-"

"No...let me finish please," she sighed, "I am sorry. I am so so sorry for the way I treated you. I'm your mother and it was my job to provide for you, not yours to provide for us.

Helen let out a long breath, patting her hands on her knees, "We'll...have this conversation another day, If you want to. You're right, this is your special day and you should enjoy it"

"I-" I was too stunned to speak. Whatever conversation I expected to have with Helen, this was not it.

"I do hope we can start fresh. I brought a peace present," she said, gesturing Matthew and Bobby, who were holding a huge box over.

"I found it a while ago while cleaning the attic," she said, placing the box in my hands my hands, "I believe it was your mothers"

I let out a small gasp when I opened the box.

It was a beautiful, wedding gown, clearly belonging to my mother because it screamed her taste and style.

With light beading that interlaced the entire thing and a surprising neckline, I couldn't hope for a better dress. The sleeves on it were a thing of glory.

"Thank you," I said, giving my stepmother a genuine smile. I let my brothers topple me in a hug as I stared at the masterful dress.

I hadn't even thought about my wedding dress for today. Though in my defence, I had no time to think about it.

I suppose fate does exist

I was ushered away by my friends soon after, having a gala of a time as we caught each other up on our lives.

Helen, surprisingly did my hair in an intricate bun, which sat atop my head in a graceful manner, perfectly matching the dress.

Aunt Aphrodite was besides herself when she saw the dress.

I even got a moment to spend with Sally before Jason popped his head into our motel room and told us it was time.

"Are you ready?" asked Aunt Aphrodite, "any more makeup? How about some contour or blush?"

"She looks beautiful ," Luke grinned as he interlocked my arm in his, with Thalia alongside him.

"I think Thalia's getting a little emotional," Luke teased as we made our way down to the beach.

"I'm not," she sniffled, "it's just cold," she said, though her eyes looked like a dam that was about to break.

"I love you guys," I laughed, looking around the beach.

Whatever my friends and family did.....it was absolutely stunning, filled with fairly lights leading us to a colum, right under the dazzling moon where Percy stood, clad in a suit, looking as gorgeous as ever.

I had to fight back tears.

Never in a million years did I except to be loved this deeply. Or feel a love so true.

"Just the usual threats," Thalia winked at Percy as she deposited me at the makeshift altar. He nodded as If in affirmation.

"Dearly beloved, we're all gathered here today to witness a union between....." Chiron, our officiant,continued.

"I love you, seaweed brain,"I whispered under my breath, only loud enough for Percy to hear.

"I love you too, wise girl"

The rest of Chiron's eulogy melted into the sound of the waves as I dived into Percy's eyes, full of emotion and a promise of a future.

I didn't realise I was supposed to speak until Chiron cleared his throat, signalling that I should say my vows.

"Percy....for once in my life, I'm absolutely and utterly unprepared for a situation," I laughed, gazing out into the crowd of all my nearest and dearest, "But I will tell you this. I am ready to face anything, as long as I have you by my side. You're my soulmate, my one and only and I love you so so so so much," I smiled, fighting the urge to kiss him.

"Annabeth....I...You're the reason I get out of bed in the morning and the reason behind all my happiest thoughts. I've never met a soul as beautiful as yours, or seen a face as gorgeous," he chuckled, "I love you. So so so much too."

"Pretty good for improvised vows," Chiron chuckled, placing his sheet on the table in front of him.

After we exchanged rings, he said a few more words and then the actual questions.

"Do you, Perseus Jackson, take Annabeth Chase to be your lawfully wedded wife " for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do"

"Do you, Annabeth Chase, take Perseus Jackson to be your lawfully wedded husband for as long as you both shall live?"

"In sickness and in health, I do"

"Then you may..."

"Hold on!" A voice called from the crowd. I immediately spotted a tuft of red hair making its way through the crowd, "Wait!"

"Rachel?" I asked, my insides turning in fear. What if Poseidon had found us?

"Wait!" she said again, tapping her watch as if in annoyance.

Then I heard it. The first light whistle of a firework, lighting up the sky.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNABETH!" she screamed, throwing the 12am news in my face, alongside a fistful of confetti.

I was finally legally old enough to get married

Various iterations of happy birthday emanated through the crowd as I turned towards Chiron, who needed no prompting.

"You may kiss the bride"

"Don't mind if I do," Percy laughed, pulling me into an earth shattering kiss.

"My husband," I whispered, throwing my hands around him.

"My wife," he said, holding me in a tight embrace, "Happy birthday"

"Thankyou," I chuckled, gazing up at his troublemaker grin, which still sent my heart into a frenzy.

"How about a first dance?" he chuckled, pulling apart.

"That sounds marvellous" I laughed, as he took my hand, leading me down to the beach where Leo had set up a sound system, blasting all our favourite tunes.

I met all my friends, supirised to find my father and Malcom among the crowd. That was a tearful reunion to say the least.

"I'm so proud of you, Annabeth," Chiron smiled, kissing my cheek as he approached, "I wish you all the happiness in the world"

"Thankyou for everything, Chiron," I replied, giving him a hug, "how about a dance? My father twisted his ankle and I can't think of anyone else to dance with"

"Your first dance?" Chiron's eyebrows rose up, "I would he honoured, my dear"

Chiron guided towards the shimmering sand, leading me into a simple waltz, explaining the steps along the way. Then he  passed me off to Great-Aunt Aphrodite, who was a less wonderful teacher, but still as bubbly as ever.

"Excuse me, Miss Aphrodite, might have a dance with my wife too?" Percy asked, looking extremely handsome under the twinkle of the fairlylights.

"Hello, husband," I smiled as he took me into his gentle hands, carefully leading me away from the crowds towards the secluded-vegetation

"Do you think they'll notice we're gone?" he whispered, eyes twinkling conspiratorially.

"I don't care," I smiled, allowing myself to be caught up in the moment.

"Gods you look beautiful," he whispered, brushing a strand of hair from my face,"fancy hair"

"Helen did it," I explained, "I so desperately want to remove it. It's beautiful but it's kinda giving me a headache," I admitted, fiddling with it the back of it.

"Well then...do it," Percy chuckled, reaching to undo the knot at the back of my hair. My hair came tumbling down, providing an almost instant relief.

"Thankyou," I laughed, massaging my scalp.

"I have a confession too," he admitted, taking my hand as we headed towards the sea.

"Where are we going?" I laughed, struggling to keep up with him in my gown.

"You shore are going to find out," he winked as I realised my wretched fate too soon.

"Percy no!" I screamed, as the shore met us, happily brushing up against my legs, soaking my dress.

"My gown! Your tux! It's going to cost a fortune to clean!" I chided, slapping Percy's shoulder.

I did have to admit. The cold water was the perfect remedy for my tired feet, sore from dancing.

"But...I wanted this to be the place where I gave it to you. It's where we first kissed," he pouted, and I immediately fell for his seal-eyes.

"Give me what?" I asked, "you've already given my everything, my husband."

"Well...I wanted to give you two things," he admitted, pulling me towards him, into a deep kiss.

It reached the depths of my soul, all the fear and worry that resided there evaporated as I wrapped my hands in Percy's hair.

No more did we have to run. No more did we have to be without each other.

No more we're we alone.

"I love you....so so so much," I breathed as we pulled back, "you're my idiot. And no one else's"

"All yours, ma'am," he chuckled, kissing my hair.

Percy pulled back for a minute, shuffling inside his tux jacket as he procured a thick envelope.

"What is this, seaweed brain?" I asked him, taking it from him.

"Your wedding gift," he grinned.

"But what is it?" I asked as I slipped the documents out of the envelope, sliding into into my hands.

"Percy!" I gasped as I skimmed through words, "is this what I think it is?"

"Yes," Percy grinned, reaching down to kiss my temple, "it's the bookstore"

————————————————————————-

Ahh!!! I can't believe I'm done with the story!!
(Posted 23/10/22- 11:32pm)

Thank you all for putting up with me throughout this story!

Stay tuned one last time...for the epilogue next week

—-S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 1.6K 51
5 years It's been 5 years since Percy or Annabeth have talked to each other. And the entire time, Annabeth hated him more every day. He did leave h...
266K 4.5K 48
For the past year, Perseus Jackson has been a worldwide phenomenon, a singer who has taken the world by storm. And has a crush on humble, aspiring, j...
9.7K 131 22
WARNING- High amounts of both sass and fluff in the form of percabeth, may follow. Proceed with caution- WARNING Cover says it all, updates whenever...
90.1K 1.3K 24
Percy and Annabeth meet at a cafe. Their parents form an arranged marriage to save their businesses. They begin to fall in love. How will fate turn o...