The Cursed. (Thranduil Fanfic)

By CabbagePineapple

"What happen to me?" Thranduil felt something in his chest, bubbling in his blood. A terrible desire washed o... More

Incident
Imladris
The nightmare begun.
Encounter with the dragon.
Encounter with the dragon-Part 2.
❇The discussion❇
✖Bitter Truth✖
My nonsense note...
Longing (Part 1)
Longing(Part 2)
The sweet...
Turn Out.™
Sanity
Meal
Pretender
Fight
Who are you?
Vessel
Lurking in the shadow.
I came to collect you~
I came to collect you~2
◀Dark Reveries▶
Mirkwood.
Twisted Lie.
Searching
sorry
Journal
Journal( Part 2 )
Journal (Part 3)
Journal(Part4)
Journal(Part 5)
Journal (Part 6)
Journal(Part 7)
Elves of Lothlorien
∆Connection∆
€ Depart €
Welcome to Dale
Dale
puppet
Violate
Betrayed?
¶Regret¶
Trip
Removed
Accepted
Fate
Not an update! Chasing
Battle
Now
Not an update!!!!
Mischief Manager part 1
Mischief Manager part 2
Mischief Manager part 3
Mischief Manager part 4
I miss you~
Caged
The answer
Dol Guldur
Adar
not update
One shot
my precious
What if...
Never doubt I love you

At his end...

657 17 12
By CabbagePineapple

My strength is now slipping away from me.

<cite>"Aran Nin!"</cite>

Feren

I turn around to see such a familiar faces. My people is here. What are they doing here?! I doesn't sent any message to them.

<cite>"Mankoi naa lle sinome?!"</cite> (Why are you here?!)

"We got a message about the rises of the Master of Evil. So we came to help you"

"Who?"

"Mit..."

"Thranduil!"

A voice that I known too well. Maia.

"Mithrandir"

The Maia walked toward me using his staff. His eyes seem so sunken with his shabby white grey beard. Hair unruly. What happen to this man?

"What are you doing here with my people?!"

"You can't defeated this forces with only six people!"

"But you're not the king! And I don't want to endanger my people life! I'm not Oropher!"

"Yes,you are not your Adar but still,you need help"

I snort. Adar,adar,adar. What a greatest lies I lived in. I bet all of them already knew it.

"Adar? Adar you said Mithrandir?!"

"Thranduil?" Galadriel come beside Mithrandir. Putting an arm on his shoulder.

"I bet you already knew this right Galadriel?"

Her eyes widened. That's mean I already hit a mark. That's true...I-I can't belief it . I am a spawn of monster. I am a monster.

"So it's true..that's why he never love me. I'm just a spawn of a monster" I spat disgustingly.

"Thranduil..it's not like that! I..I want to tell you but,but..."

"But what?! Why are you waiting for a time to break it to me? Why don't you tell me sooner?!"

"Because your are my clever <cite>ion-nin</cite>. We love you..."

"S-so all of the already know?!"

"N-no...it's only me and Mithrandir"

Tears strike down from my eyes. All the pain I endure all this broke in front of my people. Feren just look at me sympathies. Not sure what he should do. They never saw their<cite> Aran Nin</cite> broke down. Not even when his queen gone. He always stay strong.

Tears still streaming down my eyes. Looking over Sauron I made a vow. I will never let him escaped,even if I had to die.

Taking a deep breath,I turn around and face my people. Savouring their faces. Maybe this is the last I can see them. We both could die here.

"Feren,you take the wing defences. Use the most suitable strategy with this landscape. You Irwen,bring your party to the upper tower. Shoot your arrows at my command. Azdalin,let us kill some orcs.<cite> Quel Marth </cite>(good luck)"

"<cite>Rima ten'ta!!!</cite>" (Run for it!)

All of us charge to the point we need to be. The archers all climb the stair in a full speed. Feren and his party already form a formation. We,are going to kill all those orcs!

"<cite>Ndengina ho</cite>!!!(kill it!!!)"

I point to the orcs. We all separate. We fight with all my might. Where is Legolas?! I loose my sight on him! Where is he?! The orcs keep coming and increasing in number. Hordes after hordes swarming at us. Filthy creature!

My strength slipping again. Lessen and lessen with every swing of my swords.

Thrust and strike the orcs,the grace of my movement that I famous with now seem not helping. The orcs is too much. Keeps attacking me after another. I fight with exhaustion and weariness. I wish this curse never came to me.

I keep fighting but they seem not to lessen. Just keep increasing. Tired...that word already shown clearly on my face. The spell seems to take toll on my spirit. This is too much for me. Maybe...maybe I could take a rest. Yes,sleep should help.

No! No!

A quest to destroy this evil now turn to a quest to survive.

<cite>CLANG!</cite>

What is that?

I looked to my surrounding. That is the around of my fallen people. Sacrificing themselves to protect their king, their cursed Aran Nin.

Their blood wetting the ground. Staining it red. No...my people. I knew them,I love them so much,I knew every single of them. Most of them have family waiting for them at home. But now,they aren't going to see their beautiful home again,not going to see their love one.

My heart now shattered beyond repair.

My breath hitched due to crying. This is too much. They don't have to die! My core shakes so hard.

Then I saw you in a distant. Slashing with your strong little hands with your favourite blades. A gift from me. I didn't knew you still used it.

My beautiful <cite>ion nin.</cite>

You battling with the orcs. Your own battle. I still can't belief that you've grown up. I still thought you as my little greenleaf. The way you fight sent a pride to my heart. My son is a good fighter. An excellent one. But fear keep striking my heart. That's why I kept you and my people behind our border,in our strong wall. Treated all of you like a prisoner in their own home. I afraid of losing you,afraid of losing my people. Our population is hard to increase due to our long live life span. I don't want any of my people endure a long grieve like I am.

I can see weariness in your beautiful blue skies eyes. How much I want to protect you and my people from the pain and violence of the world until I not aware that I created a darkness in our halls to.

A big,huge massive fail I had been.

A fail as a son

As a king

And utterly

As a father

Then I see something that I really want to escaped from. My worst fear is not happen in front of my eyes. An orcs slammed it's mace to your chest and slamming it to your head. Sent you flying a few metre before you drop to the hard ground. You not making any attempt to wake up. You are unconscious.

No.

I ran to you. It's better for me to hurt than you. You are young to feel such pain. I bolted and yelled to attract the orc attention. The orc growled to me and swing his mace to me. I ducked and thrust it's gut. You're safe penneth. I will shield you from the pain whenever I can. If the one is going to die is them <cite>ion nin</cite>,not you.

Unaware of my surrounding,I felt a pain on my side. An orc plunged his sword deep in my side.

Searing pain make me out of my side. I pulled the sword out and beheading the orc. Three more orcs managed to strike me at my back. Digging their swords at my back. One protrude my stomach the other buried in my back. I too focused on beheading the first orc. Another orcs leap up to me. I deflect their attack using my swords.

My hands already shaken because of the pain. Blood soaking my garment. Staining the orcs swords. Before I could pulled out all the swords ,one of the orc twisted it inside me. I groan in the unbelievable pain.

I slash my blade at the orc neck. Head rolled on the ground. Pulled out all the swords. I try to stand up. even though shakily. My vision blur. The pain..the pain still can't compare with the pain watching my son laying unconscious.

I turn to The Ring Bearer. They fight bravely against Sauron. Sauron can't escaped their attack. He is outnumber. He can't fight three ring bearer at the same time. Another blade made it's way into my chest. I let out a small deep scream. Blood began to pool in my mouth. Using my last strength,I stab the orc in the gut. I saw some movement from Legolas. You are aroused from unconsciousness.

Praise to the Valar,you are safe son.

Another horde of orcs now coming to you. Another come to me. I can't move. My body now tremble with pain, such agony. Unconsciously my hand touch my wound on the stomach. Pressing it gently to stop the bleeding. My robes now slick with my own blood. My vision blurred even more.

I saw one of the orcs raised it mace to hit me on the head. Shutting my eyes and wait for the coming blow, but it never come. The orc fall to the ground with an arrow in his head.

Tauriel.

Ah,how I watch you grow along with Legolas. Such a sweet child you are. So much care with Legolas. Such a good companion. You too,I held too tight in my grip. Afraid of losing you as much as Legolas. You like a daughter to me. But you realise of the world outside and demand to be set free.

That's why you tried so hard to be released from my gripped. I held you too tight until it suffocate you. Unaware of my desire. You not a thing that I can posses. I saw her mouth form <cite>'Aran nin'</cite>but I can't hear it. I can't hear a thing.

No.

I have to stand up.

To be stronger.

My people need it's king to stay strong.

I shakily stand up and continue fighting. I can't hear anything than my own rapid heartbeat. My knees almost gave in but the sight of Legolas make me stronger.

The world seems have to change,but I know that it's only my state of mind. I can't leave you behind <cite>ion nin</cite>. Not yet. I have to fight. I have to make it right. I can't say goodbye. Have to fight. I know it's worthwhile.

Now I understand why the men always said that the time is precious. We can't do all the thing we want even though we are immortal. A new lesson for me. Then I Sauron is running toward you. With a spear in his hand. He want to kill you.

Oh,this day is too long. I have no strength to go on. But I must save you my son. Seeking the last help from the nature. I hold my hand and a strong root pulling me. I managed to land a few feet away form you and stop the blade from touching your skin.

The time seem to freeze around me. I look at the blade which stuck in my chest. Buried in my heart. I chocked blood and Sauron just stood there.

"<cite>Ion...nin/cite>..why?"

"He need me Adar...he..need..me"

Then a strong force from Galadriel,Mithrandir and Elrond pushed Sauron away from me. Banished him from Middle Earth for a time.

The pain seem to fading away. Replace by the numb feeling. And I know that,

I was dying.

My knees finally gave in. I see you running to me with a teary eyes. Mouth agape open when you saw the wound I pressed. Oh <cite>ion nin</cite>,don't make such face. You're going to make me laugh. Your mouth moving to form a word, or rather scream. What were you saying? I can't hear you. Kneeling in front of me. You tries to staunch the wound but it was useless. Stop <xi ion nin. Stop those tears. I tries to raise my hand,to wipe those precious tears. Your hand meet mine in the half way. You bring my hand to your cheek. Staining it with my blood.

I could see your eyes still wet. You plead to me but I don't know what. Your hand tremble against mine face. What are you doing my son? No meed to search for the warmth that already seeping away from me. Your hand feel so warm against my face, like a fire on a ice.

The pain that I feel slowly fade away. Trust me Legolas,it will be alright. Everything will be alright. At least I can say it now. Namaarie. (Farewell) the word sound so calm to me.

Forgive me Legolas. I can't be a good father to you. The most people I disappoints is you. You my son. I never been a good father to you,not even a bit. All I do is ruining your life.

Amin hiratea Legolas. A'maelamin.

(Forgive me Legolas,my beloved)

I saw Tauriel and Feren sprint toward at the corner of my eyes. They drop by my side. Her face stain with dreid blood and a thin slashed wound. Her eyes wide in fear when she looked at me. Putting a hand above my chest she start chanting. I feel a bit of strength come into me.

"S-sttop...Tauriel.." No need to spend so much on this elf.

"Adar,please. Adar forgive me"

Ai Legolas. There is nothing to forgive. You done nothing wrong.

"Aran nin. Please stay awake. The healer will come in a few minutes. Just keep your eyes open"

"Fer-fereen...cccan y-you hheelp me?"

He nod. Ah,such a gentle youngling. He bowed his head close to me and I whispered. He then look at me in the eyes unbelivable. Then nod rapidly to me with tears drop on my face.

I turn to Tauriel. She too is crying.

"Ttauriel...en-enough"

She shakes her head. Crying all over me. Why? I can't see my love one cry. Not the best sight to be held when you dying.

"Sstay with me...a.aran nin. Live" she said. Her voice broken. Fresh tears streaming down her face. I raised my other hand and wipe those stray tears. She hitched against my touch. Then she held my hand in her small hand.

"Live Adar"

But I tired ion nin.

"Everything will be alright"

But we both knew that was a lie.

My eyes start to feel so heavy. The pain I feel slowly fade away. No more pain,I'm fading away. Through the blur I can see your face my son. An angle who calls my name. I remember you're the reason I have to stay. But now...the reason is useless, you've grown my son. I afraid that my eyes will keep open,evenfor you. I can heard Elebereth now singging to me. I drink the sight of you,my beautiful Greenleaf. Capturing the warm you hand give me on my cold hand.

The pain is gone penneth. And I know,it's time. And you know it too. This is the end.

"N-no...A-adar please!"

I really want to tell you,that I ...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for bpnot being a father to you. The father you want, I was being more a King than a father.

Thank you for being the light in my darkness. Which I always clung to you. The stars in my life. I never deserve you ion-nin. Never. But I'm grateful for having you in my life. As much as I grateful for having the others.

I apologize for the pain I cause to you. Please don't grieve for me. Dry your tears. You too Tauriel. I love both of you. I am proud of you ion-nin. I'm proud of you Tauriel.

Be a great king,be a great elleth.

Rise where I fall,strong where I weak.

Oh how much I want to say those words. But words fail me. Forgive me.

"Strenght,both of you. Ddon't cry. Feren"

He nod to me.

Farewell ion nin.

________________

Legolas P.O.V

Adar hand became cold and cold like an ice. His eyes unfocused. He smile weakly to me. Caressing my arms. But his gripped became more and more weak. No! No! No! Adar! Please!

It's hury to see him like this. I can't live without Adar. No!

"Strenght,both of you. Ddon't cry. Ferren" his voice weak. I struggled hear it.

Then...his hand slipped away from me.

"Adar!!!!!"

Feren wrapped his hand tightly on my waist, preventing me from come near to Adar.

No...Adar. I cry. Thrashing. Wailing. Screaming.

Tauriel slumped on the floor,crying. I can feel my shoulder wet. Feren is crying too.

"F-f-orgive me Ir-nin(my lord). But it's you father wish"

A sudden pain flare on my head. And I loose my concious.

________________

I woke up in a sweat. What a nightmare. I hurrily down the hall and ran to Adar's room. Why is all the servants look so gloom. All of them wear a white robes. When I arrive at Adar's chamber,something make me scare. No,no. It can't be true.

I burst into Adar's room. Waiting for a yelling. But it doesn't came. I opened my eyes and see what before me. Elrond,Mithrandir,Celeborn,Galadriel,Tauriel, Feren and Glorfindel is standing side by side. It's true....

Adar laid on his bed. Face so calm like he was asleep.

Adar is no more. He's gone to the Mandos Halls.

I walked slowly to him and say

"I love you Adar"

_______________

I'm crying when making this last chapter. It so sad to make Thranduil die. It so tragic. With he leaving Legolas...it so...unbearable. Thank you for staying with me my beloved reader. I hope you guys still with me in the next work!! I'm stil crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.2K 13
"I curse you." A mewled whisper erupted her throat steadily raising her shaken up gaze. The man who had her jaw held in a terrific grip gave her a tw...
54.8K 1.7K 16
An account of the last days of the ElvenQueen. Lairiel of Lorien was a Telerian elleth, and guardian of the Valar's creation. A chance encounter, on...
264K 8.7K 20
Cursed elleth. Dragon. Thranduil. You finish the puzzle. residenthobbit49 :) Note: I am in the midst of editing the final couple of chapters - just i...
2.2K 129 19
(Under heavy editing due to dyslexia misspelled Thranduil's name.) Running from a monster can be a bad thing, especially when it wants to devour a ch...