Undercover Desires (Completed)

By chubblebunny

With her new identity as Arya Cane, and a drive to prove everyone at her precinct wrong, Zeanna Mitchell take... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Bonus)

Chapter 20

2K 117 27
By chubblebunny

It was a absolute pleasure meeting and spending time with Adriano's mother. It was unexpected but pleasant. She's been here for about 2 weeks and today is her final day, she left this morning.

I was getting ready to head back to work. Ever since the incident happened, I haven't been back. Karla insisted I take some time off but I was starting to miss the shop and my colleagues.

I know this job is a disguise but I'm starting to build a real relationship with these people. I can almost call them my family.

"Are you sure amor." Adriano hands rested on my shoulders. He looked concern as he scanned my face. Most likely searching for any emotion that would suggest I'm not okay.

"Yea, I'm sure." I reassured him.

"Okay," He leaned down and kissed my lips. He then turned around and kneeled waiting for me to get on his back. "Let's go."

I was giggling like a fucking idiot. I loved these moments with him. Everything almost felt normal.

He walked us out to his car, he opened the door and put me inside. It was at this time that I started contemplating if I should go to work. I really just wanted to stay and be in his presence.

The drive to shop was calm. Adriano drew circles in my leg as he drove.

I was excited to see everyone, it's been a while.

Once we got to the shop Adriano walked me inside, his hand on my lower back. I could see a few of Adriano's men in the distance. They're here because he doesn't want the same incident to happen.

"Hi Darling, you look so radiant." Karla greeted me.

"How is it possible you look so freaking good all the time?" Camilla commented. "She's so hot without even trying." She said to Lucas.

"I'm literally wearing jeans and a t-shirt." I replied.

"Exactly!" Camilla smiled. She came over to me and pulled me in a warm hug. "We missed you here."

"I missed you guys too. I'm glad to be back."

In the corner of my eye I saw Karla and Adriano move to a corner. They looked to be having a serious conversation.

Camilla and I fell into light conversation as we packed out everything. Lucas was in the back prepping the pastries.

"So, I'm sure with everything that you know now, you have questions."

"That obvious?" I answered.

"Hit me."

"Well by everyone's reaction to the night I got attacked I'm sure you all know Adriano's business."

"We do."

It didn't surprise me that everyone in the shop knew the truth about who Adriano is. Especially with how close they are.

"How did you all react when you found out?"

"We worked for Adriano actually."

"Wait what?"

"Well we worked for his father back when he was alive and in charge. When Ade took over he became our boss that's how he and I got close. He and Karla had a relationship way before, when he was a child."

"Very true," Karla chimed in. "Roberto DeLuca and my husband were old friends. My husband wasn't a big part of his organization. He would just help out here and there. Roberto would always come to our shop with his two boys to have lunch everyday when they'd visit the states. Alice didn't visit very often but when she did it was always a pleasure."

"Yea their history go way back to diaper days." Camilla said.

"As the boys got a bit older, Roberto started teaching and training them so they'd be ready when it's time to take over the business. I was their caretaker whenever they came to the America."

"I'm hearing a lot about his brother but I have no clue who he is." I said a little confused.

I know Adriano said they weren't on good terms but I wonder how bad it was.

At the mention of his brother Karla's face fell. She wore a sad facial expression.

"Those two were inseparable growing up but unfortunately after their dad died they drifted apart. Adriano will tell you more when he's ready."

As I was about to comment I heard a upbeat voice coming through the door.

"Did y'all miss me?" A tall brown haired guy walked in with the cheesiest smile on his face.
Another guy walked in behind him, he was more reserved. They had similar features so I assumed they were siblings.

"Dario! Alessandro!" Karla said in joy. "I haven't seen you boys forever, come here you two." She walked over to them and gave them hugs.

Lucas and Camilla both went over to greet them as well.

"Where's Lorenzo?" Camilla asked.

"With the wife and kids." The brown haired younger one said.

"Wife and kids!?" Karla exclaimed.

"Yes, he has a girl and a boy. Luna and Luca." The older guy said.

"You three have no manners, who's gonna introduce us to the lovely lady?" The younger one said and Camilla rolled her eyes.

"Arya, this is Dario and Alessandro, really good friends of Adriano and ours. There's a third one, Lorenzo but apparently he's living the dad life now. Alessandro and Dario this is Arya, she's our new worker." Camilla introduced.

"Hi, it's really lovely to meet you both." I waved.

"Arya you are breathtaking." Dario complimented.

"Thank you Dario." I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Arya." Alessandro greeted. His phone started to ring and he excused himself to go answer it.

"So, Arya..." Dario started to smirk.

Lucas just shook his head with a smile and went back to the kitchen.

"Don't even bother, she's taken." Camilla said.

"Oh yea? By who? I bet I can take him."

"You can try." Came a voice I knew all too well. Adriano and Alessandro came inside together.

"Wait..." Dario turned to look at Adriano then to me. "Damn."

Adriano came over lifted my chin and gave me a kiss.

"Alright now, it wasn't that serious. Nobody's taking her." I heard Dario's voice behind us.

I snickered against Adriano's shoulder. I liked him, he's funny.

"I'll be home late today, but at the end of your shift I'll be coming to pick you up, get you some food and take you home."

"You don't have to go out of your way, I know with everything that's going on, you need to give more attention to your business."

"You're a big part of my life amor mio and I'm going to spend as much time with you as I please." He kissed my forehead.

"Yuck! I don't know who's worst. You or Lorenzo." Dario gagged.

Adriano flipped him the bird as I giggled.

"I hope I get to meet the third man of your trio one of these days." I commented.

"Our third man comes with his own army. A bounty for a wife and assassins for kids." Dario replied.

Alessandro was eyeing me the entire time. Like he was trying to figure out something. I won't lie and say I'm not nervous because I definitely am.

Ale tapped Dario's shoulder and pulled him for a chat. My stomach was doing flips in my ass.

Is my cover blown?

Did I get caught?

As Ale and Dario were conversing, they looked at me from time to time.

"What's happening with those two?" I asked Adriano.

"If you try to understand Dario And Ale, you'll drive yourself mental."

Just then, they both walked back over to us.

"Arya, may I ask your last name?"

"It's Cane, why?" I asked curious to know what the fuck was happening.

"Do you have any Johnson's in your family by any chance?"

My mother's maiden name is Johnson but I definitely wasn't going to let them know that. I'd risk getting caught.

"Do you know someone named Samai Johnson?"

"No, I don't."

"Lorenzo's wife?" Adriano was the one who looked completely confused now. "What's going on?"

"Arya and Samai have a strong resemblance." Ale spoke. "Maybe they could be related or something."

"What?" Adriano asked. "She does not-" He stepped in front of me and accessed my features. "Oh..., a slight resemblance."

"They could be related, Samai was an orphan."

"And so was Arya." Adriano mentioned.

Alessandro and Dario perked up hearing that I was also an orphan.

"I don't think me and this Samai person are related, lots of people have similar features. Doesn't mean they're related. It's just a coincidence."

Plus I'm not an actual orphan.

"Ale and Dario drop it, this might be too much right now." Adriano said to his friends then wrapped his arm around me. "I'm sorry if we overwhelmed you amor."

"We apologize for coming on too strong." Ale said.

"No it's okay," I reassured them.

Dario walked behind the counter where Camilla stood. He opened up the glass case and started filling a small tray with baked goods.

He slapped two hundred dollar bills on the counter and walked back around. He picked up a muffin and took a bite.

When he noticed all eyes were on him, he stopped in his tracks.

"What!?" He asked everyone. "Want some?" He held out the muffin he was already eating.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 83.5K 42
Assistant during the day, and a stripper by night. With loans that needed paying off, Samai had to work two jobs to make ends meet. Recently catching...
9.3M 335K 46
[COMPLETED] Ava Spencer, a young woman struggling to find a job and pay off her student debt decides to become a babysitter to the daughter of single...
501K 19.7K 51
-Book 1- The Normal Rules of Love Don't Always Apply, especially when the circumstances around those falling into it are far from normal. Facing a li...
Dance for you By Jaycee

General Fiction

168K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...