After Solitude

By BabyGurl5119

Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 33

9.9K 292 40
By BabyGurl5119

Jett's POV

That bitch. He didn't say bye or anything, just hung up on me.

The new witch seemed friendly enough, I don't know if I fully trust her yet.

I'm surprised Nik would bring her here without testing her loyalty first. I sigh. I'll rip her limb from limb if she screws us over.

As soon as we get to the sunroom, we see Zoey working on something.

"What're you doing, baby?" I ask her as she uncrinkles the crease between her eyebrows.

She smiles, "I'm upcycling, I found this really old book," she lifts it to show me, "the words are really diluted. I couldn't read a word in it so I figured it'd be okay?" She answers in more of a question.

"Perfectly fine, baby." I walk closer with Nik and Brina following behind.

"Hi, Zoey. My name is Brina." She introduces herself.

Zoey adverts her eyes from the paint brush rubbing across the book, "oh, hello. I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was coming over." She wipes her hands on her paint splattered jeans.

It's early in the morning, I'm surprised she's already started a project. She usually likes to sleep in a little more, perhaps when a woman is on her period, she doesn't sleep as much.

"She's going to help us, love. We have to stop you from bleeding before tomorrow." Nik explains.

Brina looks at the three of us, "well, I'm not exactly sure I can stop it, but I know I can hide the smell of her blood to others."

I roll my eyes. Of course, she's incompetent.

"No, it needs to stop." Nik states with crossed arms.

I notice Zoey's fingers rubbing into her arm. She's nervous about something.

Don't be scared, baby.

"What's wrong?" I approach her, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles.

"Is magic like it is in the books?" She asks.

I'm dumbfounded. What do books know about real magic? You have the things like Harry Potter, but that's not a good representation of magic, not that I've read the books, I just assume since a human wrote it.

As I hold her hand, I give it a small squeeze of reassurance. I don't understand why she's nervous, but it only matters that she is and I need to help.

"What do you mean?" Brina asks, just as confused as I am.

Zoey's eyes shift around the room, "like... I don't know. Never mind." She shakes the thought from her head.

"No, love. Go ahead, ask your question." Nik instructs.

She clears her throat, "What are the risks?" She asks slightly more confident.

Brina displays a warm smile. Some worry lifts off my shoulders as she seems to be trying to make Zoey feel safe.

"Magic comes from the user. It can drain my energy but I come from a family of witches so my energy is more than someone who is just practicing." Brina explains.

Zoey's eye find Nik, silently asking if she's telling the truth. Nik nods, confirming Brina's story.

I can't help but remember Brexley. Nik told me what was going on but to me it still seems fishy, Dahlia was very good at what she did, and she said Tammy killed Brexley. Even if she didn't turn Poppy into a newborn, I'm still fully convinced Tammy has something shady going on.

"If I have to stop her period, I need to look into how to do that. I'm good at cloaking, but I've never tried this." Brina pulls me out of my thoughts.

"We need this to be resolved by tomorrow morning. Guests will begin to arrive late afternoon." Nik comments, giving Brina all the information she needs to know.

Nik leads her out of the sunroom, leaving Zoey and I alone.

Her chest heaves as she takes a sigh of relief.

"Why're you so anxious today, baby?" I ask as she sits back on the floor, grabbing her paintbrush.

She dips the brush into the grey paint and strokes the soft color onto the book, "I always get more anxious when I'm...being visited by mother nature." She beats around the bush.

I guess period talk embarrasses her.

How could I not have noticed?

Her cheeks are stained pink along with her neck and ears. She was fidgeting the whole time while we were talking about what to do with her being on it and we had a total stranger come in and she probably felt like the conversation was too personal.

We're just trying to keep you safe, baby. I can't say I'm sorry for that.

I kneel to the ground to get a closer look at what she's making. So far, she's only got the front cover painted grey and now she's working on the backside of the hardcover book.

"Help?" She hands me the papers she's ripped out.

"What do I do with these?" I take the papers into my hand.

Her eyes shift to the side in thought, "rip them up. I need all different shapes and sizes so make it," her eyes grow wide for effect, "messy."

As I rip up the pages, I catch her looking at my forearms. I glance down, seeing nothing.

She sucks in air as she catches me noticing her stare. I don't bite, baby. Not yet at least.

"What're you looking at, baby?" I tease, wanting to hear her say she was looking at my muscles.

What can I say? I love the ego boost.

A small mischievous grin forms on her pink lips, "Nothing, daddy." She says boldly.

Bold was the best way to describe it because it's bold of her to assume I won't rip her clothes off her body and fuck her right here in the sunroom. I don't give a damn about her period.

My eyes darken at the thought, her moaning, begging for more as I plunge inside of her.

I know we all agreed Nik would go first, but holy hell he's taking his sweet ass time.

"Alright," Nik claps as he walks back into the room with Brina, "she knows what to do."

Zoey straightens her back, looking at them curiously.

"In order to make your menstrual cycle stop, the spell is kind of...odd. But it works and I need you to trust that for me, can you do that?" Brina asks Zoey to which she is met with a simple nod.

Nik looks at Zoey with dilating eyes. What's got him all hot and bothered?

"Odd in what way?" Zoey asks, completely enthralled by what Brina is saying.

Brina looks at me then back at Zoey while Nik's expression grows even more...hot and bothered.

"Well, you uh-," Brina clears her throat, "you have to drink something...then have an orgasm. The bleeding should stop right after you drink the concoction, but the orgasm seals it in place for the rest of your cycle.

Zoey chokes on air, coughing up at least one of her lungs in the process.

This whole situation seems like something out of a bad porno.

"Does the drink taste yucky?" She asks, throwing me off guard.

I expected her to protest, or to at least be utterly embarrassed about having to cum. Her cheeks blush up, but she is more worried about the drink tasting bad.

Brina snickers, "it's kind of fruity, but the aftertaste is a little bitter." She turns to Nik, "bring me to the kitchen?"

Nik nods and looks to me, silently telling me to follow behind with Zoey.

I grab her hand, feeling the clammy skin, "don't be nervous, baby. Nik will take care of you." I whisper in her ear, knowing Nik will grasp what I said, but Brina wouldn't catch.

Her face turns an even more beautiful shade of pink as she nods, understanding my words.

"Where is Poppy? She asks as we walk to the kitchen.

"She asked if it would be okay if she took a walk outside. We gave her permission, I think she's still fighting off wanting to feed on you so it's best she makes like Wyatt and split." I laugh at my own joke to which she giggles.

I sit Zoey on the counter as Brina looks for all the ingredients she needs. She pulls out Belladonna, Cinnamon, Fire Seed, Gurdyroot, Honey, Morning Dew, Strawberries, and an Orange.

Where the fuck did we get all of this? Why the hell do we have witchy shit in our home?

Zoey taps my arm that is closing her in on the counter.

Once I look at her, she lays her head on my arm.

So fucking adorable.

"Let me just boil these things together, then it'll be ready to drink." Brina says as she puts the glass into the microwave.

The fucking microwave.

"Doesn't that have to be boiled?" I raise an eyebrow at her, knowing damn well she said it needed to be boiled.

"The microwave boils just like any fire or stove does. It's just faster." She shrugs.

I glance down and see Zoey's shining diamond blue eyes looking up at me, like a puppy begging for a treat. Just looking at her takes my mind away from the witch using the microwave.

"Are you in pain, love?" Nik asks, rubbing her back.

She nods against my arm, breaking my already black, ice cold heart.

"It'll all be over soon, well, for this week at least. Your next cycle should come as it normally would." Brina says, taking the potion out of the microwave and sliding it towards Zoey, "bon appetite."Brina smiles.

Zoey takes the glass into her small hands and begins to chug. 

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 51 8
A dark romance, vividly grotesque, morally questionable, fate-defying, vampirically induced tale of happily ever after. With a little bit of dark hum...
74.5K 2.6K 51
BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a Hybrid on her own. A very rare and spec...
1.7M 46.1K 27
What if I told you those fairytale creatures were real? That werewolves and vampires really do hate each other? You would say that I was crazy right...
238K 4K 29
Tia Swan younger sister of Bella Swan. They have the same mum but different dad. She has been living with her Charlie. When she was younger she used...