You Are My Heartbreaker

By nelenawritesxoxo

How does it feel to fall in love again? To fall in love with your ex? Your first love? The person that shatte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 16

613 25 2
By nelenawritesxoxo

"Demi, is this another party?" I walked into my room to continue the conversation.

I hear Demi laugh through the other line, "Of course silly! C'mon you barely even partied the last time we went, you gotta come! Plus this dude has a mansion!"

"Don't you have a beau you gotta attend to?" I sighed, staring out to the sun that just came up not too long ago, "Plus these parties are so high school."

"Yes but who says a girl can't have fun? C'mon just come! I'll come get you at 7," Demi continued to beg.

"Last time you ditched me for some hunk at the party," I pointed out, plopping down onto my wingchair.

"I promise I wouldn't, but please come," I already hear her pouting on the other line.

"Alright fine," I gave in, whatever. I mean summer is so short, Demi and I would be having such little time together, I might as well use it to the max.

"YAYYY!" She screams through the other line, it made me giggle.

"Alright, mom is gonna yell if I'm not back down for breakfast, catch you later," I say before hanging up. I race back down to join my parents.

My dad was practically done his breakfast and mom was finishing up her last bite. They were already dressed too, I wonder where they were heading today.

"Are you guys going somewhere today?" I asked, both my parents looked over.

"Oh we were just thinking of golfing with the Stefensens," my mom said as she was dishing up the table.

"Did you wanna join in honey," my dad asked, bringing his plate to the counter.

"Golf? Again?" I asked sounding so out of it, because I was. I swear this town has a fetish for golfing. "Nah, I think I'll possibly just hang out here."

"But honey Connie will be there," my mother bashed her eye lashes in a flirtious manner.

I furrowed my eyebrow, "Who's Connie?"

"She forgot," my dad whispers, "Conrad, he's an honor student from Columbia. He flew in the same day as you, I'm shocked you don't remember him. You guys used to play together when you were kids."

"But their family moved out of town when you were in grade 6, so you probably don't remember. It's just recent years they've came back." My mother added.

"Ohhh Conrad, right..." I nodded, that kid was cute as hell since he was born. Of course I would remember him, he was my "first love" plus how could I forget, I asked him to our school's Valentine dance and he was sick that day so we spent the entire day watching Cat in the Hat at his house.

Oh childhood memories...

"Well if you're coming better get change," dad says as he cleans up the rest of the table, "we're leaving in 15 minutes."

"Got it," I picked up three pancakes and shoved them in my mouth as I ran up to my room to find an outfit.

"Don't choke!" I hear mom yell from the kitchen as I raced up the spiral staircase.

My closet was surely big and I had a lot of clothes but when it comes to choosing something good to wear I feel like my closet became empty. Should I wear a polo shirt?

Ugh for God sake, I don't even golf where will I find a polo shirt? I changed into a pair of white skorts that go with my sleeveless white polo shirt. Last time I wore this was in high school with my parents and I can't believe I still fit it.

As soon as I was ready I met up with my parents who were already in their car. They took the white Mercedes Benz today, it was more comfortable than the big car we had. The Ford just wasn't as good.

We were back at the same golf club that we went to for the tea the other day. It was a nice golf club and was known to be one of the cleanest too. Just annoying how almost the entire town's committee would come here for their tea parties. Like totally good for this golf club's banquet hall that they have, but jeez, too many parties run through here.

My parents took out their golf bags and brought them over to their golf cart. We met up with the Stefensens that were already on the field golfing. Mr. Stefensen was a in an ocean blue polo shirt that correlated with Mrs. Stefensen's which was a baby blue. And I believe the young man standing next to them would be Conner.

"David," my father calls, smiling as he waves to the Stefensens with his free hand as the other one was holding my mothers.

"How have you been?" they asked each other exchanging hugs. But my attention was only on Conner who I still admire up to this day. He got more handsome just like how I had predicted.

He had hazel brown hair still and some side bangs, his eyes were hazel too and they were gorgeously big. There would be a tint of gold in it if you see it near the sun. And his smile was gorgeous, his lips were thin lips that I consider big when he smiles. The kiddy sweet innocent look he once had was was replenished by an arrogant face. Yet I find him handsome and attractive.

"Is this Selena? You look beautiful sweet heart," Mrs. Stefensen smiles, bringing me in for a hug. Her smile was sweet just like how she speaks, I bet Conner got the sweet innocent looks from her and the arrogant face today from his father. Because his father was arrogant.

And still is...

I took her compliment shyly, "Thank you, you haven't aged much just like my mom says."

"Ohhhh," she touches her chest, gesturing the appreciation with a grin, "Your mother always had the sweet mouth."

"Stop Samantha," My mom laughs patting her on the shoulder, then turning to me, "Selena this is Conner, he's grown up so fast."

"Only on the exterior, inside he has the mind of a five year old," his father rolls his eyes and takes another swing at the golf ball.

I look at Conner who was hesitant to speak up and defend himself, he was obviously annoyed. Everyone was still for the minute, his father's words were always harsh and how he treated Conner was harsh. Despite he's the only son, Conner had the life where nothing he does is ever appreciated by his father.

"Oh, Connie, how 'bout you take Selena around?" Conner's mother suggests, obviously trying to bring down the tension.

"Yes please do, our Selena loves the French Macarons and I heard they had some in the banquet today," dad adds in giving me the hint to pull him out.

"Really?" I said, trying to sound shocked. I tugged on Conner's arm, "Hey let's go!"

He gave me a soft smile, "Alright."

Thank God we weren't too far from the building, so it was within walking distance. Our walk was silent until we reached the banquet where they had a table layed out with fresh pastries and dessert. Both of us picked up a plate and my dad was not lying about the French Macarons I picked up one of each colour which made Conner laugh. He only got a slice of blueberry cheesecake and some fruits on the side.

We picked a table by the patio since the AC was too cold inside the restaurant. A waitress came by to get our drinks, and was totally trying to hit on Conner and he was not shy to flirt back.

I stared at him with a smile of complete adoration.

He turns to me with a grin, "What's with you quirky smile?"

"Oh," I gasped, "my smile is not quirky."

He laughs taking a bite out of his cake, "How's Harvard?"

"How's Columbia?" I asked him back eating a pistachio macaron.

"I asked first, but I'll be a gentlemen and answer you," he chuckles, putting his fork down, "Columbia is an interesting place, a lot of kids with a background like us and there's a small population of kids that are VISA students from Canada, Europe and Asia."

"Interesting," I nodded, "Well Harvard is full of smarties and I'm just a fish swimming by."

That got me another charming smile from him as he laughs, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well they're all smart, and I just can't catch up with them," I frown, picking on my macaron, then I lightened up, "But you... an honor student?"

"Ah..." he blushed in embarrassment covering his face with his hand, "My parents just love to brag, I wish I had a sibling like you to split the attention."

I laughed out loud, "There is nothing to brag about two barrister's daughters, one is a housewife and the other is doing fairly well in Harvard."

"Still, like you just saw my dad back there," his mood changed and now he was frowning a bit as he fidgeted with his watch.

"Hey at least you know you did your best, I mean damn... honor student? I wish I was that."

He looks up and grins, "I miss you Selly."

"Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 152 18
Sometimes we find the person that we love without even trying. For Joe and Demi that's exactly what happened when Hazel Met Brown. They will face ma...
626K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...
27.4K 1K 51
What happens if one day your loved one is no longer who they are? It's only been two years, how can a marriage coming tumbling down so fast? Maybe lo...
34.2K 1.2K 25
Why does it always have to be the one that you love the most hits you the hardest,Love doesn't hurt, Keeping the thought of my lost out of my mind is...