Ordinary Acts of Bravery [A D...

By CiljeBilje

If I could give you but one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The first meeting
Chapter 2 - A new faction
Chapter 3 - I'm not a fan of Eric
Chapter 4 - A New Life begins
Chapter 5 - New training methods
Chapter 6 - Capture the flag
Chapter 7 - Victory, or defeat
Chapter 8 - A day without training
Chapter 9 - Coward or not
Chapter 10 - The first rankings
Chapter 11 - The fear simulation
Chapter 12 - Driven by jealousy
Chapter 13 - The coward way out
Chapter 14 - A new addition
Chapter 15 - An equal reaction
Chapter 16 - A new side to Eric
Chapter 17 - The lost star
Chapter 18 - Georgiana's legacy
Chapter 19 - A place to stay
Chapter 20 - A punishment
Chapter 21 - I was drawn to you
Chapter 22 - The turning point
Chapter 23 - The fear-landscape
Chapter 24 - Preliminary rankings
Chapter 25 - Revenge
Chapter 26 - Another night at Eric's
Chapter 27 - Supervised
Chapter 28 - Protector
Chapter 29 - A game of dare
Chapter 30 - The final test
Chapter 31 - The final rankings
Chapter 32 - The mask we wear
Chapter 33 - A part of dauntless
Chapter 34 - I made you a promise
Chapter 35 - Erudite
Chapter 36 - Eric's walls
Chapter 37 - Greeting the new initiates
Chapter 38 - Crossing the line
Chapter 39 - Alternating events
Chapter 40 - I love you
Chapter 41 - Unrevealed truths
Chapter 42 - You were mine
Chapter 43 - Wordless pain
Chapter 44 - Mine again
Chapter 45 - On the verge of change
Chapter 46 - Innocents becoming murderers
Chapter 47 - Doing what's right
Chapter 48 - Amnesty
Chapter 49 - The brother I chose
Chapter 50 - Amity
Chapter 51 - Fight or run
Chapter 52 - Candor
Chapter 53 - Truth serum
Chapter 54 - New leadership
Chapter 55 - Another promise
Chapter 56 - The return of Valentine
Chapter 57 - No longer seperated
Epilogue
Author's note
A/N - Chapters: Alternative Ending
Chapter 56 - The return of Valentine, and Eric.
Chapter 57 - Erudite's invasion

Chapter 58 - Cleaning up

1.6K 29 9
By CiljeBilje

"You're bigger than your fear, stronger than your doubts, and more capable than you could ever imagine."

Eric winced for the third time and recoiled away from the healer binding his wound. He had been bleeding badly enough for me to demand a healer to look at him. "Thank you." I quickly said, dismissing the healer before Eric would snap at her. She smiled weakly before collecting her stuff from the floor. It was a brave Candor that had tended to both Eric and Valentine.

I crouched down next to Eric and rested my hands on his thighs, both to center him and to let him know I wanted to speak with him but not with the healer so close. I kept my eyes on her as she left, the small woman hurried past the big brute in the door. He looked miserable and not like he wanted to be there at all.

He had his arms crossed, hands wrapped around his elbows and rested against his chest. He even carried an unapproachable expression on his face. He was heavily tattooed, bald and to the older side. Eric noticed where I was looking and scoffed. "He's all bark but no bite." He whispered after he had lowered his mouth to my ear. I shivered because I hadn't been prepared for that proximity.

Eric grinned and placed a kiss on the soft spot behind my ear. I shuddered again and clasped a hand over the spot to keep him from doing it again. "Stop it!" I sneered. "Don't go starting something you can't finish—" I warned but trailed off when seeing his raised eyebrow.

"Who said I couldn't finish it?" He asked and grabbed onto me, his hand resting against the back of my neck. I was yanked closer and forced to brace myself against the armrests of the chair. Eric chuckled and kissed me longingly. He was definitely feeling better.

I raised an eyebrow before standing up, but Eric followed and that alarmed the man in the doorway. He stared at us from the corner of his eye before he grunted and turned away, ignoring our existence again. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Eric who smiled carefully. "I really want to get you cleaned up—" I sighed and cupped his face, examining some of the bruises underneath the dried blood.

Eric groaned and moved away while removing my hands from his cheeks. "I wouldn't mind getting cleaned up either—" He concurred and looked at the man in the doorway again.

"There's a bathroom on the other side of this room—secluded and not often used." I explained and turned to the man. "Excuse me, could we perhaps be allowed to go the the bathroom at the end of the hall—" I smiled and gathered my hands behind my back.

"You know what will happen if you help him escape. There's no way you're going to be able to leave this building unseen." The man continued, eyes liking me up and down a few times before he stepped aside.

I blinked at him. Extremely surprised it was that easy. "You've the only leader that didn't abandon us—so I will give you this one thing." He added when I reached a hand out to Eric, intending to call his name as well. All bark but no bite, Eric had been right.

"Thank you." I smiled before I turned to Eric. "Eric?" I reached my hand out to him. Offering it to him again and expected him to take it right away but he didn't. He raised an eyebrow at me before he took it after a few seconds of hesitation. When he slid his hand into mine, entwining his fingers with my own, I felt a bit happier. I guided him out of the room and into the hallway.

This entire floor was only for the dauntless faction. And I needed to get him cleaned up. He was still not looking particularly well after the beating he had received.

I guided him down the corridor, towards the lesser used bathroom at the end of the hall because of two things. I wanted him alone and the cold atmosphere there always were whenever people noticed him, was not something I enjoyed particularly much.

Once inside the bathroom I stationed him next to the sink and went to grab a few towels. Once wet, I returned to him. Eric had lent his hip sideways against the table, crossed his arms and attained an annoyed expression. I frowned at him but began cleaning his face anyway. He didn't like my fussing but kept still for most of the time.

It really did something, and I was glad to finally see more of his face instead of the battered and bruised, bloody face I had been looking at up until now. I turned to wet the towel again, but when I did, Eric embraced me from behind, forcing me to place my hands down onto the table for support because he pressed himself against me. "Let me finish what I started." He almost begged after he had lowered his head to my ear.

Eric then buried his nose in my hair and inhaled deeply before he began tracing his lips down against the back of my neck, all the way to my shoulder. I moaned and lent into him with my eyes tightly closed. "Not now—" I exhaled, sounding more defeated than I should have and raised my hands to his cheeks, trying to push him away again. It was a weak effort and Eric chuckled before he kissed the palm on my right hand and moved away, allowing me to turn around and eventually face him again.

Then he claimed my lips and kissed me longingly before I climbed up into the countertop next to the sink and tried to clean the last part of Eric's face, with a kinder touch this time. He groaned at my fussing before taking the towel from me. He then spread my legs and stepped in between them to reach my face. I raised an eyebrow when he began fussing about my small wounds.

I enjoyed it and allowed him to clean my face, just enjoying the attention. When he stopped and stepped away, it took me a moment to pull myself out of the daze. I blinked a couple of times and tired to center myself. A small groan of dissatisfaction left me because I had enjoyed this moment with him. A moment I had not dared hope for.

Then there was a click and my attention was brought to the door. Eric stood there, hands behind his back and a mischievous smile on his lips. When his hands dropped to his sides I understood he had locked the door. I raised an eyebrow when he slowly stepped closer. His intentions was not hard to guess and I welcomed it. I also wanted him.

Eric returned to stand between my legs, grabbed my thighs and yanked me closer to him. I wrapped my legs around his hips and arms around his neck when he claimed my lips. I inhaled sharply at impact and arched against him to accommodate the height difference.

Hands explored my body, moving over the familiar areas he already knew so well. When we broke apart to breathe Eric was over me again before I could fill my lungs properly, trailing kisses down my neck and back up again, before claiming my lips again. It was overwhelming but I wanted it all, all the attention he showered over me.

Before I could act or even react, I was pulled down from my place on the countertop I had been seated on. A small yelp escaped me when he flipped me around and pinned me against it. It forced me to put my hands on the countertop now in front of me for support.

"Eric!" I gasped when he ground his groin against me, letting me know exactly what he desired. "Eric—" But he wouldn't let me finish when his hands were planted on top of mine on the countertop. Our fingers entwined and he gently nibbled at my right ear. "Enough—" I shuddered when my knees went soft. He chuckled into my ear before he allowed me a little more room, but it was only to open my pants.

My eyes were fixed on his hands as they moved to my waist, fingers playing with the edge of my trousers and when they had worked my pants open, he yanked them down below my knees, leaving me completely exposed to the mirror in front of us. It was strange seeing me standing like this but I didn't protest when he stood up again and pushed my hair to one side, exposing the back of my neck to him. He gently trailed kisses there while struggling with opening his own pants.

Once they had been opened he bent his knees, and positioned himself. Within seconds I felt him position the tip of his cock at my entrance. When he pushed inside, there was pain. Tears formed and I clenched, making him stop. Eric groaned before he slammed his hands down on top of mine. "Tavia—" He groaned and lent his chin against my shoulder. I understood and stopped tensing.

When I relaxed he slowly pushed inside, and soon the pain was replaced. There was a slight burning heat as I adjusted to him. I closed my eyes and blinked the tears away, it had surprised me. But also Eric.

When a hand moved to my chin, I opened my eyes and saw Eric's worried expression in the mirror. His eyes had went wide and he stopped moving, but I grabbed his hand on my chin and moved it to the table top in front of me. "It's okay—just go slow." I insured and arched against him. Eric groaned and lent forwards, slowly sheathing himself completely inside me. Slowly, excruciatingly so, he began rolling his hips to meet me and within seconds the heat evaporated.

I moaned when he hit just right spot. He chuckled and stilled his movements only to look me directly into the eyes through the mirror. I knew exactly what that look meant and I braced myself. Eric then slammed his hands down on top of mine again when he thrusted inside me.

The snapping motion of his hips were more desperate this time. He needed this, he needed me. I rose to my toes and arched to let him hit just the right spot. Desire pooled in between my legs and I needed more. The pleasure was indescribable. I moaned out loud, the sound loud in the small room but I didn't care. All I worried about was this stupid man behind me.

When my arms became weak, I lowered myself down over the tabletop, Eric followed, leaning his forehead against my shoulder while his thrusts became desperate. He was close. Then he forced me back up and a cold hand tracked in between my legs, cupped my heat and found my most sensitive spot as he continued the brutal snapping of his hips.

"Eric—" But it was to late. He came before I could finish the sentence. He groaned loudly behind me and stilled completely for but a second before he continued thrusting through his release, knowing it would push me over the edge as well. I shivered when my own orgasm tore through me right after. I had even cried out when it happened, quickly forgetting every worry that had filled me in the seconds before it happened

It had been more than a month since I had gotten the birth control injection. I had first realized when I got back home after last time and this could end badly.

Eric slowed down when I clenched around him, only to lean heavier against me and entwine his fingers with my own. They were still pinned down against the tabletop beneath us. After a few deep breaths, Eric slowly pulled out of me and pushed away. I shivered at the loss and tried to remain on my feet but had to crouch down. My legs were still shaking and the worries that had briefly occupied my mind, now flooded me again.

"Octavia—" Eric spoke softly. There were clear worry to trace in his voice when he knelt down behind me. "What's wrong?" He asked. His ability to clearly tell if something was wrong annoyed me sometimes. Eric helped me up and I was quick to reach for something to clean myself with.

Eric waited patiently but knew something was wrong as he packed himself away. "It's been more than a month since I got the birth control shot—I only realized after last time when I came back to candor. I should have told you, we shouldn't have—" I whispered and Eric sighed, apparently relieved that it was only that. He quickly embraced me and tried to comfort me. It worked and I melted into his embrace.

"Then we'll take it from there." He sighed and rested his chin on the top of my head. His calm nature annoyed me in the moment but I was glad that he remained calm about it. Eric kissed the top of my head before he took my hand and guided me out of the bathroom. The hallway was deadly quiet.

When we passed the guard again he raised an eyebrow at us, looking like one who knew exactly what we had been doing. Eric chuckled when my cheeks got redder. I was impressed and had not been prepared for it at all. "Let me go get some clothes you can change into and also something warmer for me in case I need to stand here all night." I kissed Eric before turning back to the door before he could protest.

"I expect him to still be alive when I come back, or I'll become the worst fear in your fear landscape." I half threatened, half joked when passing the older dauntless. He looked semi impressed before nodding once.

It was not really threatening at all but it was all I could do. I sprinted down the hallways, burst into the room with my shirt already halfway over my head. I yanked it clean off and discarded it on my bed before digging out Eric's sweatshirt, a fresh shirt and a smaller sweater for myself.

I shivered because it was a bit cold. When I turned away I noticed the stares I was getting while stepping out of the room again. I felt unwanted for the first time in years and had to raise an eyebrow at them before exiting the room. Outside I shivered and ignored the nagging voices in my head as I ran back the way I had come.

Eric and Valentine was having a hushed conversation when I entered the room again. It ended the moment I arrived and made me raise an eyebrow at them. Val chuckled at my mistrust before he hit Eric's uninjured shoulder. "Go get her." He smirked. Eric rolled his eyes and stood up. His eyes dropped to the hoodie in my hands before he yanked his t-shirt clean off and discarded it to the floor.

He almost vanished in the sweater after he had taken it on. I smiled at the sight. It was as if a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I could finally relax a bit. I knew deep down the worst wasn't over yet but some of it was and now I had Eric back at my side again.

"Thank you." He muttered before returning to the chair again. Eric sat down and finally allowed me to see how exhausted he actually was. This was going to become a long night, and I knew it because none of us would sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 129 16
||Set pre-Divergent. I own nothing except for Tempest (Storm) Eaton, her plotlines, and some side characters that don't belong to Veronica Roth.|| ||...
1.7K 28 11
Imogen Walker is a 16 year old girl from abnegation. She doesn't feel like she fits into abnegation very well, she can't understand why she should a...
577K 15.3K 63
Riley Eaton was the daughter of Abnegation leader Marcus Eaton. Her father is a terrible man to both her and her brother Tobias. His ways worsen when...
2M 49.9K 48
BOOK 1 of 2 All Vanessa Eaton had ever wanted was to start over. Most of all, she wanted to be free. When the opportunity to rid herself of her abus...