Kings In Love (BoyxBoy)

Από FrozenEscence

(Book 3 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Kaden didn't know what a happy ending would me... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty

136 14 8
Από FrozenEscence

I would just like to clarify that this is a work of fiction and the accuracy with Gods and Greek Mythology is manipulated for the story, therefor I know some things I write aren't politically correct, but they are intended to be this way for the story. Just a heads up for anyone that might get confused with the lore, it's more of my own twist on things.

With that being said; please enjoy!

-Kaden's POV-

I couldn't figure out the physics of the portal, the connected one on the other side lay upon a wall, not on the ground, it was easy enough to step through, but knowing where it led to was confusing to say the least, I guess you would have to climb out.

It was a stupid thought, but a thought none the less.

And I used every thought I could muster to distract me from the situation I had gotten myself into, this definitely wasn't the wisest idea I've ever had, but in such short time I guess my options were fairly limited.

A sigh slipped past my lips as I forced myself to turn around and meet the consequences of my actions, not at all eager.

My eyes took in the vibrant icy colours, blues, and whites, greys and greens, all different shades among the floor that looked like crystals and the sky that was overwhelmed with clouds, but to my surprise, it wasn't raining here.

The clothes on my body still stuck uncomfortably to my skin, and any attempt I made to pull the thin fabric away turned out to be futile, my hair lay wet and flat against my head, you could say I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion, but who's fault was that exactly?

I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched as I forced my legs to move, trying to ignore the heavy wet denim that clung to my legs, at least now it was no longer raining, I could dry off a little.

The silence was painfully loud as I walked, my eyes glancing over everything, where on Earth am I? Well, I had a feeling I wasn't on Earth anymore.

I tried to reach out to Adrian and Cameron, but if they could hear me, I didn't get a response, I couldn't even feel their auras anymore, neither could I Adam's and I was learning his well, but it was like we were so far away I couldn't feel him at all, I found I didn't like that.

Hopefully, Adrian and Cameron would be able to handle things for a while, or at least hold them off long enough for me to get back, which means I should probably be quicker than I was being, I caught myself tripping off into the thought the more I stared at the frozen walls.

The corridor I followed felt like it went on forever and eventually I just got impatient, my people were waiting for me, I didn't have time for this.

And so, I used my speed to race down the hall, no longer caring to be quiet and cautious, he knew I was here anyway, there wasn't much point, and finally I reached a different area.

The colours changed around me, from blues and whites to reds and yellows, multiple large gold pillars lined the room, the floor a sleek mahogany. The room was long and tall, but empty.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what they would put in a room like this, although the longer I stared and the further I walked I did get an idea.

The pillars lined either side of me, leading down the room until I got to the front where there was a more open space, a chair would sit here, or more so a throne, maybe two.

From the front of the room, looking back towards the door I had entered from, I could imagine a wedding ceremony taking place in this room.

"So, what do you think?" A voice boomed around me, circling the room, and practically scribbling his name along the wall. A man who enjoyed the attention a little bit too much.

"It is beautiful," I commented, the sound echoed wonderfully in here, I wondered how it would sound with music.

"Tell me, what would you do with this room?" He questioned, amusement clear in his voice.

"It would be prefect for a wedding reception," I told him, scanning the walls of red and yellow in wonder.

The man laughed, pulling me from my own curiosity, did I say something funny?

"So, you're in love then?" He asked, more taunted.

"I'm sorry?" I raised an eyebrow, not letting the surprise show on my face, but instead looking mildly irritated, I sighed. "It would be a lot easier to coerce with you if I could see you." I was already getting tired of his games, which could never be a good thing.

"I said," he started, stepped out from behind one of the thick golden pillars, "you're in love then?" He smirked, stalking towards me ever so slowly.

"Why do you say that?" I cleared my face of all emotions, trying to control my racing heart.

"Call it a test if you will, realistically this room could be turned into whatever you want, but I use this room to get to know someone a little bit, to see the world from their perspective, you'll be surprised how much you can learn about someone from a single question. For example, someone who is out for vengeance could imagine this place as an arena."

I could actually imagine that; a fighting ground with the watchers at the front of the room, or maybe even at the sides with stands leading upwards, the pillars being the barriers they couldn't tread past.

"Or someone who is in pain, or mourning could see a tomb."

Perfectly placed in the middle, the same material as the pillars, it would be a beautiful tomb, cascaded with the roses of their loved ones.

"But somebody in love could see a wedding ceremony, blinded by the colours red and yellow, am I right?" I blinked at him, trying to process this new information.

The room in different for each person, it is perceived from whatever it is you are thinking.

"That is brilliant," I spoke, glancing more around the room, far too fascinated that I was going completely off track.

"Isn't it?" He grinned, way too happy for somebody that had just sent people to attack my friends.

"Call your people off." My plan was to ask politely but it came out sounding more like a demand.

"And why would I do that? They gave you a command, you refused to listen, you brought this upon yourself." Jupiter leant back against one of the golden pillars, his eyebrows raised as he watched me in pure amusement.

"I honestly did not think you would act so quickly, surely you have more important things to take care of. I simply wish to spend some time with my Keeper," I sighed.

Jupiter's laughter echoed around the room, though there wasn't much humour in it, I almost cringed from the volume it hit my ears, but I forced myself not to flinch.

"Your Keeper," he sneered. "What the hell was Luna thinking with that one?" He was clearly talking to himself when he said that, but it was loud enough for me to hear him anyway. My nails dug into the palms of my hands, my teeth biting down on my tongue as I forced myself not to do or say anything stupid.

I couldn't get angry, not with him, I wasn't stupid, I knew he was stronger than me, and I knew that if he wanted to, he could eradicate me himself. No, I had to be careful with this one.

"Jupiter," I spoke loud and clear, "I would like to propose a truce."

Again, his laughter boomed around the room, holding more amusement than last time.

"And why would I do that? You have nothing to offer me," he smirked.

"Oh, but that's where you're wrong." I couldn't help but smirk back, did he really think I'd come to gamble with no cards on the table?

"Oh, really? And what, exactly, do you have that I would ever want?" He sneered, so sure of himself.

"We are strong, you know that. A truce between werewolves and Soul Wakers would be just as beneficial to you as it is to us. I'm also the King of Galtolga, I have access to records dating back centuries with all kinds of useful information, potions, and spells. And has it really been that long that you have forgotten the true power of a Soul Waker?"

Jupiter snarled, and I had a feeling I really would have to remind him.

"Then show me your true power, your highness," he mocked, his hand flying up, but before his attack could hit, I took cover behind one of the pillars near the front of the room, my back hit the cold metal, I was already freezing from being soaking wet, and it took a lot of effort just not to shiver.

"A God verses a King isn't exactly what I would call a fair fight," I bit through clenched teeth, using my other senses to try to determine his next move.

"Hmm, maybe you're right, should we call your friends as well?"

"No!" I dived out from behind the pillar as his attack practically shattered through the golden beam.

"Leave them out of this," I demanded, someone clearly needed to teach me how to talk to a God, because I think all these years of being King have rubbed off on me. I was always kind and polite to people though, no matter their ranking, maybe that was my problem, I treated everybody the same, no matter who it was, you gave me respect, I gave you respect.

Mock me, disrespect me, or anger me, and I'll make sure you regret it.

I sent an attack back at Jupiter, though he easily dodged it, his laughter filled the room.

"I like you Kaden, you've got balls," he smirked.

We met in the middle of the room, I could hear a distant storm approaching, I knew he could make it rain in here if he wanted, but he didn't.

The pillars helped to block attacks, and I was fast enough to dodge practically all of his, though it was clear he was testing me, his attacks weren't as strong as they could be, his command not as threatening, and so I fought with him, for what felt like hours.

My body ached, my movements slowing the longer it went on, my wet clothes feeling heavier than before, I may be a King, and I may be strong, but the only person strong enough to take down a God was another God.

A sigh left my lips as my body pressed into the final fully intact pillar in the building, too much time had past, my friends would be worried, I could only hope and pray they were okay, and Adam, I don't know what I would do if anything happened to him, too much time had passed, I had to get back there.

"Getting tired, your highness?" He mocked, with a laugh that sounded nothing but pure evil.

Damn it. What do I do? I had to think of something quickly.

My back left the hard surface as I felt the bolt strike into the pillar, breaking it apart behind me, and just like that, all the pillars were useless, they wouldn't block anymore attacks, I was out in the open, and I was breathing hard from the tiredness that took over my body.

And so, when he used his powers, bringing his hand up into a clenched position, I felt the air leave my lungs, as my throat was squeezed, I tried to grab at the invisible threat, trying to free my restricted throat so I could breathe.

I choked, desperately trying to grasp at any ideas my oxygen deprived brain could think of, until I was left with just one decision left.

And I had to do it, or this man...this God would probably be the death of me.

My hand grasped in front of me, my movements sloppy but I forced myself to concentrate.

The real power of a Soul Waker, it would almost drain me completely, without being complete with my Keeper, even as a King I was only at half of my strength, but it will do, it would have to do.

I felt around in the darkness, grasping for the right person, for the right soul, I could feel my consciousness growing weaker, my actions getting more desperate.

Somewhere...somewhere...

I choked.

My hand grabbed tightly, refusing to let go until the soul was pulled towards me, being pulled between worlds, I couldn't let go, I couldn't breathe.

With a lot more roughness than I had originally intended, I pulled the soul towards me, her imagine coming to stand in front of me, between me and Jupiter, who's hand immediately dropped.

I gasped for air as I fell to the ground, my throat killed and I choked a few times before my breathing came back to me fully, and I appreciated the feeling a lot more than I usually would, the aching in my throat didn't numb though, and I had a feeling I would have some nasty marks showing up fairly soon.

"Juno..." Jupiter whispered, the shock evident on his face.

"What happened to you, Jupiter? He's just a boy..." Juno gestured to where I was still trying to recover.

"But...how?" Jupiter stared wide-eyed; his gaze quickly flickered to me. "H-he broke our rules, I warned them what would happen-"

"As if you didn't break a few hundred rules to be with me, Jupiter...he's just a boy who is in love, you know you can't keep him from his Keeper, if would be unfair to do so. The rules were made with the old King of Galtolga, an evil man who betrayed us. Surely, you can tell by just looking at him that he has no ill intensions."

I felt like I was interfering on a private conversation, they were talking about me like I wasn't there, but I didn't dare speak.

"After all these years, why now? Why is it now a werewolf is mated to a damn Soul Waker? What is Luna thinking?!" Jupiter clearly wasn't happy, but his defences fell as soon as his mate was standing in front of him.

"Maybe Luna thinks it's about time to put an end to this feud, so much time has past, don't you think it's time to bring this war to an end?" Juno's voice was so soft, barely a whisper in the wind, but her words were clear, and the more she spoke, the more I liked her.

Jupiter bit his tongue, I knew he wanted to say no, it was written all over his face, but who are we to reject our Keeper's or our mate's words?

"I don't know if this can just be forgiven and forgotten, but maybe we could come to some sort of arrangement." Jupiter scratched at the back of his neck, clearly uncomfortable, but the smile that touched Juno's lips eased him instantly, and I felt myself release a breath of relief, as I finally gathered the strength to pull myself from the ground.

"But Juno...my love...how-how are you here?" He stepped hesitantly towards his mate, almost worried if he got too close, she would disappear. My energy was constantly draining from keeping her here, I just hoped I'd be able to hold up long enough.

Juno smiled. "Don't tell me you have never wondered why they are called Soul Wakers."

Jupiter glanced between the two of us in shock.

"You can touch her, she won't disappear. I will be honest though, I am not sure how much longer I can keep her here, your battle really took it out of me," I explained, not bothering to hide my weaknesses from him, he already knew he was much stronger, and his clear vulnerability in front of his mate was sure to take a hit on his ego, the least I could do was return the favour.

Jupiter stepped forward hesitantly, his hand barely grazing Juno's cheek and when she didn't disappear-just as I said-he embraced her.

I turned away, giving them their moment, and wondering what exactly it was I had gotten myself into. This was progress though, he said we could come to an arrangement. It wasn't a lot to go off, but I'll take it.

The worry of being gone too long came back the second I had a moment to think, I had enough faith in Adrian and Cameron, but I wasn't stupid, I knew how strong Jupiter's people had been, and I still didn't know who they were, not quite Soul Wakers, but not quite Werewolves. The icy blue eyes would mean something, I would need to check our records for anything I could find on them, asking Jupiter might not be the best move right now, I was clearly on very thin ice.

"Kaden." My name leaving Jupiter's lips pulled me back into the conversation, as I turned back to face them.

"You may let her go," he instructed, though the words were half-hearted, he didn't want her to go, who would?

"Thank you, Kaden," Juno smiled brightly. "You're a good, King."

I bowed my head in respect, silently thanking her for her kind words before I finally let go. I knew it wouldn't be long before the effects of bringing back a soul would kick in, but I didn't let myself worry about that just yet, my people still need me, my Keeper needs me.

"How much does that cost?" Jupiter asked me, his defences back up as he addressed me, but his eyes never quite met mine.

"I am sure you do not care what it does to me, but to her it can be painful at first, being pulled between worlds like that, I am afraid the longer she stays the worse that pain will become, it is sensible to only do so for short periods of time," I explained, truly hoping he would heed the warning.

Jupiter nodded.

"Go, I will call off my people." He didn't need to tell me twice; with a bow of my head, I went to walk the now debris covered floors.

"Oh, and Kaden."

I turned back to him, but he was facing away, his shoulders tense.

"I'll be in touch."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

579 73 24
[Completed] [Edited] A girl having confusion finding her sexuality. But then comes her two male mates. She rejects them after finding her true power...
3.1K 21 48
A werewolf BxB story. (Trigger Warning: Rape, abuse and others) (Book 1) Nathan Skye was not accepted as a pack member. After the various hell that...
8.1M 355K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
11.7K 912 28
The Bonded by Blood Trilogy : Book 2 - Revenge It wasn't his fault, none of it was. He was caught up in a war he didn't start, didn't want, one that...