Papercuts || Empires S1 - HIA...

By iwrote_book

Sausage was finally back in Brooksville, a place his parents had ripped away from him. More specifically, he... More

Author's Note
1: Shadows
2: Different
3: Worse
4: Detention
5: False
6: Xornoth
7: Auditions
8: Jerk
9: Volunteer
10: Prophecies
11: Combat
12: Promised
13: Plans
14: Jimmy
15: Lockdown
16: Closet
18: Library
19: Kiss
20: News
21: Public
22: Suspicions
23: Act
24: Jealousy
25: Flowerhusbands

17: Letter

231 13 13
By iwrote_book

"Everyone, I'm sure many of you have been anticipating this trip. This class will have it in November, the other gr11 general history will have it in the third semester." Fwhip flicked his pencil over to Jimmy, who sat in front of him, the blonde turned around and picked up the pencil, about to flick it back.

"Care to tell the class what you're doing as I'm explaining your overnight trip, Mr. Shadow?" Jimmy turned back to face the chalkboard, "I was giving Fwhip his pencil back, it seems like he dropped it." Fwhip could tell Jimmy was hinting at something, not that it mattered much. "Yeah, thanks, Jimmy." Fwhip backed the blonde up, something the other didn't really expect.

Jimmy turned around, glaring into his soul, very angry. "You're... welcome." He spoke through gritted teeth, shoving the pencil back to the dragon hybrid. "Alright then... as I was saying, Mr. Bruno and I will be the ones choosing your roommates. I do not want any complaints about grouping. Please stay after class for a bit, Fwhip, we need to discuss maintaining your admin bracelet outside of school grounds. The rest of you are dismissed."

Fwhip put all his things together into a pile, hugging them to his chest as he stood up. He walked down to the front of the class to talk to the teacher, a bunch of his classmates left the classroom to head to their lockers. "Mr. Bruno will let you wear the activated admin bracelet outside of school grounds when the class goes on the trip. But, if you lose or break it, you will have further discussed consequences. Do I make that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am..." Fwhip spoke unironically, he sounded sarcastic. Not that the teacher picked up on his sarcasm. "Great! Further information will be given as we make the decisions, have a nice day, Mr. Spark." Fwhip turned on his heels, heading outside of the classroom to his locker.

The male's locker was near the cafeteria and the entrances to the arenas. That's where most the older students lockers were. Fwhip found his quickly, unlocking his spin-lock with one hand as his other carried all his things.

Before Fwhip was able to put his textbooks back, he found a letter that was on the brink of falling out of the slim locker. Someone had given him letter, slipped it through the vent in his locker, probably.

The admin grabbed the letter, taking a quick look at his phone, he had a few minutes. It wouldn't hurt to read... would it? The male but his textbooks away, unravelling the perfectly folded paper. "Dear my puffe— they got the wrong locker didn't they?" Fwhip clicked his tongue as he read out the first line.

The male continued reading the rather scribbly and rushed letter, the handwriting seemed familiar, but he couldn't place it. 'I've been wanting to confess for an extremely long time, and I've finally built up the courage to do so. Please meet me on the hill after school, I'll be waiting! Anonymous.' Fwhip found himself scoffing out of pure cringe.

What was this? The 1700s? Just have the guts, there's no way this handwriting was one of the girls in his grade. This handwriting looked a bit more like chicken scratch if he was being frank. Just be confident and confess!

Realistically the male didn't know how it felt to 'be in-love' but it didn't seem that hard did it? Before he could think further, the bell rung. Now it was either ponder on this or attend hybrids I — year 3. Hybrids was a relatively easy course, not that he had the choice to have the class. It's mandatory for all Hybrids.

Fwhip put it back into his locker before taking out all his things needed for that class. Which is just a water bottle. Hybrids is just learning about yourself, your capabilities, weaknesses— it's like astrology but more accurate because it's not based off your birthday but instead what you were born as.

When you weren't talking with the teacher, you were making a presentation about yourself. It's a good class for narcissists, Fwhip noticed how most his classmates were not in fact narcissists. The male jogged a bit to the Hybrids I room. There were 2 categories for Hybrids, Hybrids I and Hybrids II.

Hybrids I was for most people who had Hybrid features but it didn't majorly affect their day-to-day life, like Fwhip himself. The only issues with being a Dragon hybrid is that they sometimes have trouble producing their own heat when in the cold, but that can easily be solved with more layers.

Hybrids II is for people like Jimmy. Cod Hybrids physically need to drink water hourly otherwise they may pass out. Basically, their hybrid features affect their life majorly. The blonde also can't digest hot foods, personally to Fwhip, a large inconvenience. Not that he thinks Jimmy cares much anyway.

He was met with Katherine, Scott, and... the stealing panda-looking kid from detention. That 'kid' was talking to Gemini, his sister seemed to be happy about the conversation. "Hey, Fwhip!" He walked over to his sister, eyes locked on the dirty blonde.

"This is Ollie, he's a new student. Have you gotten his profile yet?" Gemini asked, Fwhip nodded, staring at the taller who stood in front of them. The boy seemed to also understand Fwhip's feelings toward him, opting to look away from the ginger.

"Yes... I have. He's the one who took my bracelet."

Fwhip wasn't normally nosy, he had other things to do. But, he was interested in who was in love.

The male stood, peaking around the corner of the school to try and find anyone standing alone on the infamous hill their school had. He couldn't see anyone on the hill, maybe he just needed to wait?

"Hey! What're you doing, Fwhip?" The male jumped a bit and turned around to face Sausage, who was oblivious to his plans. "I... I lost a dollar here this morning. I was just looking for it." The male lied through his teeth, Sausage sighed. "Really? I think it'll be gone by now. Aren't you rich now?"

Fwhip couldn't believe the taller actually bought his bullshit. Maybe he got a lot better at lying within the past 5 years, that felt good. "I still wanna have it, that's a whole 100 cents." The ginger was aware at how cheap-skatey he sounded, but it was his excuse and he couldn't change it now.

Sausage laughed, kneeling down to look at the ground. "I'll help you as I wait for Jimmy, I guess." Fwhip furrowed his eyebrows, Jimmy didn't have anything after school. So why is Sausage waiting...? "Why're you waiting for Jimmy? He's usually quick in leaving."

"He said he needed to talk to someone briefly before leaving, he said it shouldn't take too long so I've decided to wait for him!"

Fwhip's mind clicked. 

The male took a brief look back on the hill, sure enough, a certain loud blonde was standing on it, looking like a lost puppy. He snickered quietly, thinking how the blonde confused his locker with his 'crush's.'

"What's so funny...?" Sausage asked, standing up straight as the ginger giggled to himself. "Oh, nothing... it's just— did I get better at lying?" Fwhip smiled innocently, the brunette laughed along. "You really got me there! Yeah! I was so fooled!" Sausage walked over to look around the corner, "Ooh it's Jimmy! He's alone so that means he's probably done his talking!"

The taller, with no warning or anything, sprinted to the blonde with no hesitation. Fwhip ran after him, he still wanted to ask about the Build Club things. "Jimmy! You're done?" The blonde jumped a bit, but nodded slowly as Sausage swung an arm around him, Fwhip couldn't really help the dumb smirk on his face. It was just amusing to him.

"Why is he here?" Jimmy asked, motioning to Fwhip, who just smiled eerily at him. "We were just talking while I was waiting for you, who were you talking to?" Jimmy shuddered, Fwhip could tell that meant bad news. "I was just talking to... Pix! Yeah I needed to ask him about the homework!"

"Your tutor's right here! If you need help, Fwhip's really good at explaining concepts and stuff! He used to help me all the time with Science! Granted it was only about the human body, it was still very helpful." Fwhip nodded slowly at Sausage's compliments, he personally didn't have that much confidence in how he talks and explains subjects.

Fwhip took one look at Jimmy, "Oh yeah, speaking of which, you forgot to take something back from my things last session. I have it on me." The ginger swung his backpack around onto one shoulder so he could unzip his backpack, taking out an envelope. "Ooh, what is it?!"

"I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't be very keen on sharing his horrid note-taking methods. Here, I've already taken a photo of it so I can help you redo it later." He watched as the blonde's realization hit, the sheer horror on his face. Fwhip held the plain white envelope up, face down so Sausage or anyone else wouldn't be able to tell what it was exactly without opening the envelope.

"You... took a photo?" Fwhip nodded, keeping his composure and a smile. "Here, take it." He shoved it harder in the taller's direction, Jimmy accepted the envelope, a glare being shot at the dragon. "Be more responsible with your things, I won't be so nice next time, idiot."

Omg we reached 900+ reads! Thank you guys so much ✨🎉🥳🎊

also I ran like 3km for something at school today. I got last in the team, but ppl were nice abt it so its finee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 11.2K 61
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
1.7M 98.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
817K 32.8K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
733K 20K 74
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...