Even More Protective Colby

By JaiMcc

Part 3-You know the drill ;) More

Alone
My Little Cheerleader
Something To Protect
Always
The Deal
What Really Happened
Did What I Had To
Nothing Without You
Protect Your Heart
Sam and Colby vs. The World
A/N
Choose Yourself
A/N Please Read!!!
Lost Love
As Long As I'm Around
One True Friend
The Empath
Until The End
Until We Meet Again
Until We Meet Again (Alternate Ending)
A Price Paid
Forever Grateful
The Promise
I'll Always Come Back
The Power Of Love
Let Me Love You
Unbreakable
Crazy In Love
Annoucement!
Part 1: No Matter What
Part 2: No Good Deed
Part 3: Everything I Have
MINE
Not This Time
Never Over
Carry On
Brotherly Bond
Riled Up
Stay Close
Best Part Of Me
Onward and Upward
The Beginning Of The End
Whatever It Takes
The Answer
You Don't Know Crazy
Paranoid?
For Love
The Countdown
The Choice
The Consequences
Lingering
Loud And Clear
Under Pressure
Face Your Phobia
At All Costs

Don't Leave Me

741 20 23
By JaiMcc

This was a request from a follower on my AO3 profile. Her name is Lily, so shoutout to her. Enjoy everyone. :) -JM

Sam and Colby had decided to take Manny and Larray on a haunted experience with them to an abandoned mansion in the woods. Everything had been going well, all they had to do now was cross a metal pole over a gap in order to finally get to the mansion. Sam had decided to go across first.Sam gently jumped on the pole, checking to see if it was sturdy, hearing it creak beneath him.

"Dude, no!," said Colby.

"It's fine, it'll be fine," said Sam. He began gently walking across. It wasn't a long way across so Sam was confident.

"Oh, he's got it, he's got it," said Manny.

"Yass Samuel," said Larray.

" This guy literally broke his back six months ago," said Colby.

" Slay," said Manny.

Sam carefully inched forward across the metal pole, it was night and Sam hadn't noticed that the pole was still a little wet from the rain the night before. He suddenly lost his footing, but caught himself.

" Holy shit, dude," said Colby, as he held the camera steady.

"That was close," laughed Sam, looking back at the other 3 boys. He continued, nearly at the end of the pole bridge, when he suddenly slipped again and this time he wasn't so lucky.

Sam plunged down into the gap below them. Even though the fall wasn't super high, the way his body turned made him fall at a bad angle.

Colby dropped the camera and sprinted towards his best friend. Colby saw him sprawled out on the ground.

"Sam!!!" shouted Colby. " Guys, call an ambulance, get help please," gesturing towards Manny and Larray. The two boys were already calling 911.

Colby didn't care about the scrapes and bruises he would get from rushing down to his best friend. He quickly reached him, and gently cupped the back of Sam's head, feeling a wet and sticky substance on his hand. When Colby pulled his hand away, it was covered in blood and Colby instantly noticed the rock Sam had hit his head on.

"Oh God!" Oh My God!" said Colby.

Sam's eyes were open, but Colby could tell he was struggling to stay conscious, his eyes fluttering open and shut.

" Col-Colby?" said Sam.

" I'm here," said Colby, he took off his hoodie and placed it at the back of Sam's head. " We're gonna get help, you'll be fine."

" How bad is it?" asked Sam weakly.

" Not bad at all," said Colby, putting on a fake smile. " You're gonna be fine, there's an ambulance on the way."

"Colby, please...stay with...me?" asked Sam. " I'm scared...please don't leave me."

" I'm not going anywhere," said Colby. " I'm staying right here, okay Sam?"

Colby gently took Sam's hand, clasping it in his. He noticed Sam's eyes roll to the back of his eyes and flutter shut, he was falling in and out of consciousness. Colby tried to keep him awake.

" No, Sam don't!" said Colby. " Stay with me, Sam."

"Colby," said Sam, looking into his best friend's eyes. " I just wanted to thank you for being my best friend, in case I don't get a chance later."

" Don't say that," said Colby, panicking. "Of course you'll get a chance, you're not going out like this. You're not allowed to die without me, remember?"

Sam laughed. " Can you please tell Katrina..." he said.

" Whatever you need to tell her, you're gonna tell her yourself," Colby interrupted. Colby could hear the sirens in the distance.

"I'm glad you're...here...with me," said Sam.

" I'll always be here," said Colby, grasping Sam's hand tightly. Tears had started rolling down Colby's face.

Sam smiled and suddenly slipped out of consciousness. This time his eyes didn't open again. The paramedics suddenly arrived, they quickly rushed down to the two boys, followed by Larray and Manny. The paramedics were able to get Sam to the ambulance and they did everything they could to help him. Colby quickly gave his keys to Manny and Larray. They would drive his car and meet them at the hospital while he rode with Sam in the ambulance. He also told them to see if they could get a hold of Kat, to let her know what happened.

Colby watched in tears as the paramedics attempted to cover Sam's wound. His blood stained several cloths and bandages. He still hadn't woke up.

" Don't leave me," said Colby in tears. " Don't you leave me, Sam."

Once they reached the hospital, Sam was immediately rushed into the ER. Colby was suddenly stopped by another doctor. Colby was still really shaken up. The doctor attempted to calm him down, got a statement from him and then had him wash up. He shuddered as he washed Sam's blood off of his hands.

He met Manny, Larray and Katrina in the waiting room. Kat was in tears, and Colby gently hugged her. They had waited several hours for any news about Sam. It reached a point where Colby and Kat were the only ones left in the hospital. Manny and Larray had decided to return home, but asked Colby to text them as soon as he got an update. He promised that he would.

Colby was pacing up and down the waiting room, while Katrina sat quietly crying in one of the chairs. She shot a glance towards Colby.

"Can you please stop that?" asked Kat. "It's not helping."

" I'm sorry," said Colby. " I'm just nervous."

Colby could feel Kat's gaze on him. He stopped and looked at her. She was staring at him.

"What's wrong?" asked Colby.

" Do you know how many times Sam has gotten hurt exploring with you?" asked Kat.

" I've lost count," said Colby.

" I have too," said Kat. " Does that not bother you at all?"

Colby shot her a confused gaze. " What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

" Nothing," said Kat.

" No Kat, if there's something you want to say, then say it," said Colby, defensively.

Katrina looked at him, Colby couldn't tell if it was hurt or anger on her face. Maybe both.

" You're his best friend, you're supposed to look out for him," explained Kat. " Yet, every single time you're together, he gets hurt."

" You think I don't feel bad about that?" asked Colby. "I do, everytime."

" If you feel bad, why do you keep letting it happen?" she asked angrily.

" I never, ever want Sam to get hurt," said Colby raising his voice. " How could you think that?"

" How many times does he have to get hurt under your watch?" asked Kat angrily. She stood to face Colby. "You should've tried harder to stop him from going across! You knew it was dangerous and you still let him do it! I thought you cared about him!! You're supposed to protect him!!"

" I do care about him!!" said Colby. " He's the most important person in the world to me!!"

" Then start acting like it," shouted Kat. " Next time, let it be you! It should've been you!!"

Colby stared at her in disbelief. Kat had realized what she just said, and Colby saw the apologetic look on her face.

" Colby, I-," said Kat, softly. " I didn't...I'm sorry." She sat back down, her head in her hands, sobbing.

Colby sat beside her and brought her in for a gentle hug. She was distraught and sad,he understood that.

" It's okay," said Colby, rubbing her back. " I know you didn't mean it. You're right, I should've had his back. I should've tried harder."

" No, I was wrong to say anything," said Kat. " You always have his back, you've also saved him more times than I can count. He's lucky to have you, and I know that you'd never hesitate to switch places with him in a heartbeat if you could, and that's so admirable, and so brave."

" He's a fighter," said Colby. "He'll pull through."

" I know he will," said Kat.

Kat gently laid her head on Colby's shoulder. Colby and Kat hadn't even realized that they fell asleep. They were awoken by the doctor, and both of them jumped up immediately.

The doctor explained that Colby's quick and immediate reaction to stop the bleeding fortunately saved Sam's life. If Colby hadn't been there, Sam definitely would've died.

Kat shot him a look of gratitude and a small smile. Colby smiled back at her. The doctor explained that Sam was stable for now and that they could go see him.

" You need to give him time, take it slow," explained the doctor.

" What do you mean?" asked Colby.

"Follow me," said the doctor. Colby and Kat looked at each other curiously and followed the doctor to Sam's room.

The doctor walked into Sam's room and Colby and Kat filed in behind her. Sam was alert and awake, sitting up in his bed and looking around the room. He had a bandage around his head. He looked over at Colby and Kat when they walked in. They stepped closer to his bed.

" Hey, Sam," said Colby. "How are you feeling?"

Sam looked at him curiously. " I'm fine," said Sam. " Do I know you?"

Colby's smile instantly turned to a frown. " You don't know who I am?" asked Colby.

" Sorry, no," said Sam.

Colby shot a look back at Katrina. She stepped closer. " Do you remember me?" asked Kat.

Sam looked her up and down, smiling when he saw her coloured hair. " You're Katrina, my girlfriend," said Sam.

" Yes, that's right," said Kat, she walked over to give Sam a gentle hug. She smiled at Sam, who smiled back at her. Sam gave her a small kiss on the cheek. Kat looked back towards Colby, she frowned when she saw the look on his face. She suddenly turned back to Sam.

" I'm gonna go get some coffee, but I'll be right back, okay babe?" said Kat.

" Okay, " said Sam. " I love you."

" I love you too," said Kat. She had needed an excuse to leave Sam and Colby alone.

Kat gently rested her hand on Colby's shoulder as she walked past him to exit the room. He nodded to her. He then turned his attention back towards Sam, who still looked at him curiously.

"You need to take things one step at a time with him," explained the doctor. " Anything you can think of to help bring back his memory, even the smallest thing, a phrase, a photo, a symbol, whatever you think will work. Just keep trying. Give it time."

" Thank you," said Colby.

" I'll give you two some space," said the doctor, as she walked out of the room. Colby turned his attention back to Sam.

" Who are you?" asked Sam.

" Oh, I'm Colby," replied Colby, " and well, I'm your best friend."

Sam tilted his head. " I have a best friend?" asked Sam.

" Sure, everyone does," explained Colby.

" Have we been best friends for a long time?" asked Sam.

"Since highschool," said Colby.

" How long ago was that?" asked Sam.

" 10, 11 years," said Colby.

" Oh, that's a long time," said Sam. " and I don't remember any of it. Some friend I am, right?"

" It's okay," said Colby. " I'll try and help you remember. You're from Kansas, and so am I. We moved to Los Angeles years ago and we started a YouTube channel together."

"What's YouTube?" asked Sam.

" Here, let me show you," said Colby. He pulled out his phone and pulled up the Sam and Colby YouTube channel. Colby clicked on one of the videos. Sam watched as he and Colby explored The Conjuring House. He watched patiently and curiously.

" Does this help jog any memories?" asked Colby.

" Not really," said Sam. " But you're right about us being friends. Have we done a lot of these videos together?"

" You could say that," laughed Colby.

Colby didn't want Sam to see how devastated he was. It was almost as if he was meeting Sam again for the first time. He would have to show Sam every video to jog his memory, which he knew would help. But Colby was sad at the thought that Sam would never have the memories they shared together off camera. The late night deep conversations, the laughs, the hugs, everything.

" Are you okay?" asked Sam, when he noticed Colby crying.

" Yea, I'm fine," said Colby, wiping tears away. "I'm just happy you're starting to remember."

Sam looked to the ground past Colby. "What's that on the ground?" asked Sam.

Colby looked behind him and saw the black XPLR sticker that had fallen out of his pocket. Colby picked it up and handed it to Sam. Sam studied it carefully, and Colby saw a shift in Sam's facial expression, almost as if a lightbulb had gone off in Sam's head. Sam looked over at Colby.

" Colby," said Sam.

" Yes?" asked Colby

"Colby, I remember!" said Sam, as he smiled widely. " I remember everything, all of it dude."

" Really?" asked Colby. "For real."

" Yes, I do," said Sam.

Colby rushed to Sam. Sam hugged Colby tightly, both of them now crying.

" Don't ever fucking scare me like that again," said Colby.

" Thank you for not leaving me, back there," said Sam happily, through the tears.

" Never," said Colby. "After all, it's...

"Sam and Colby vs. The World," finished Sam.

" That's right," said Colby. "No matter what."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 1.9K 15
Jordan Bardella et Gabriel Attal, anciens amants et désormais rivaux politiques, se retrouvent lors de débats télévisés. Leur rupture douloureuse les...
59.2K 5.7K 63
Tous les personnages (ou presque) vivent dans le même immeuble. Entre les voisins qui font du bruit toute la nuit, ceux qui ne sortent jamais de leur...
37.1K 2.1K 48
Hello, Petite histoire Helenie. Ce passe durant la tournée. C'est vraiment une petite histoire, des dramas mais uniquement entre Helenie. Je garde...
7.4K 414 67
Stalk, vol, possession d'armes illégaux, agression, enlèvement, séquestration, torture, homicide et meurtres. Hwang Yeji surnommée Yeddeong, est une...