Just Between Us

By ofcshesstraight

"She can cook and be a good host, double score," I sarcastically made an enthusiastic statement and ate dilig... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
96
97
98
99
100
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120

101

2.2K 85 16
By ofcshesstraight

Lillian's pov

Stefani's kind of worked up. She shouldn't be but I know it's because she cares about me and that I should be treated with respect. However, I have no romantic interests with Kent. I can easily use the number of times things got ugly between him and Stefani as a reason why because it really does make me uncomfortable on how down low things will get within a blink of an eye.

I don't care who he sleeps with because I haven't slept with him since me and Stefani first started sleeping together. She probably think I'd be paranoid to hold off on sex again until I get tested after realizing how many women Kent's slept with.

Probably not and would support it by getting tested along with me too. Then pay extra as hush money to keep the clinic from going public- and if they did, it'd be a lawsuit for not enforcing the privacy policy and then she'd get her money back plus the money from the suit so she can reinvest the profit into making more future profits- sounds about right.

Just thinking about Stefani makes smile at random times.

"Lillian," my mom's voice caught my ear as I finished getting ready.

"Yes mom?" I opened the door and her eyes widened taking me in.

"Just beautiful as always," she warmly smiled as I let her in.

"Stefani's eating along with everyone else. But I couldn't turn a blind eye towards the small bickering between her and Cheryl," she caught my eye.

"I planned to talk to Cheryl about that," I softly laughed.

"Stefani's very insightful about things and I don't wish to stir the pot anymore than what is," she went on.

"Any chance you know about Kent walking in through the front door rather than this one?" I couldn't look away from her as she spoke.

"I wish I knew but I already talked to Stefani about it and made sure it was clear that she shouldn't take matters into her own hands- not over the holidays... let alone her birthday. She should be able to enjoy herself," I softly smiled and she smiled back as well.

"Probably for the best, she knows how to rile up a crowd," my mom made me laugh.

"Among other things," I couldn't help myself.

"Speaking of other things... I love you very much. Merry Christmas," she takes in my hands.

"I love you too, and Merry Christmas," I kissed the top of her head and we headed downstairs together.

"You gave her how much?!" Chase was losing it.

"I gave your sister a $700 shopping gift card as a Christmas present," Stefani rolled her eyes.

"That's so uncool! After all the effort I pu-

"Your gym membership has been paid two years advanced. Literally shut up unless it's a 'thank you' I'm hearing next," Stefani yawned out of boredom.

"I- uh- I...." Chase's uncertainty made Stefani's brow cock back with a subtle smirk.

"You're welcome," she walked behind him and planted a kiss to the side of his cheek making him turn a light shade of pink and her hands linger as she walks away from him as he self reflects.

"The girls at his school are going to eat him up alive," she greets my mother and the two are laughing.

I couldn't help but shake my head with a smile but it quickly faded with this lingering thought.

"Stefani, a word please?" I gently placed my hand on the back of her left shoulder and guided her away.

"No chance to respond?" She joked.

"What's wrong? I couldn't possibly just whip out seven hundred dollars for chase," she comforted me and I let out a small laugh.

"No, it's not that... it's something stupid- really, I'm so happy everyone is getting along with you today," I assured her.

"I can be the one who determines such things, tell me," she remained calmed as her words and eyes promised with sincerity.

"I- I kind of wanted to hold off on sex until I get tested... considering how many women Kent's slept with- god, this is embarrassing," I almost walked off in a hurry but Stefani had a small grip on my forearm as she pulls me back into the hallway.

"We'll go to a secluded clinic in Vermont, away from the public eye," she was serious.

"We?" I was thrown off with one word.

"Yes because we're together and as a couple we should show interest and express concern with and in regards to our significant other? Lillian, I can't control how you currently feel uneasy. I understand where you're coming from and your reasonings, I hear you. but I can show you all the more reasons why you shouldn't feel embarrassed. It's endearing knowing how much it means to me that you're comfortable with telling me what's on your mind," her eyes never once left mine as she spoke.

"I-I'm sorry," i hiccuped and she leans against my head with her lips touching my forehead.

"Don't be. Sex and everything else was the least of my concerns; having you in my life has always been my focus. Whatever will ease your mind, I will make time to provide. Is there anything else?" She softly whispered in a tone I wish I could hear forever.

"The way you make me feel right now, Stefani. I feel conflicted. I was scared of your reaction to me asking to hold off on sex until I get tested and here I am fighting the urge to fuck you right now," I shrugged trying to pull away.

"I don't like repeating myself," she leaned up against me and pressed my back into the other side of the hallway with her finger lifting my chin as her leg goes in between my thighs.

"But this is serious," I turned my head away.

"Our relationship is serious," she gently holds my throat in place.

"Stef-

"We can go upstairs," she whispered.

"It's not like they're going to notice. The younger kids will be causing too much commotion to let anyone question," Stefani continues to taunt as she places soft kisses below my neck.

I fought the urge to let her know I'm enjoying this more than I should be.

"Not to mention, you should be in the holiday spirit. We don't need a mistletoe for what we could be doing," her eyes dilated as they met mine and I couldn't break free of the trance.

"I forget how horny you can be," I finally found the strength to resist.

"You forget how dedicated I am to your needs," she purred.

"And sex is your answer?" I pouted and almost bit my lip the way she was smirking at me.

"Wasn't sex the problem?" Her lips gently brush against the back corner of my jaw before they pursed together as she planted a kiss right in the corner of my ear lobe.

"I- yes," I got more flustered and frustrated.

"Hmmmm what time do you have?" She randomly changed the topic.

"Stefani, why would you- oh my god- how long have we been- Stef!" I whisper yelled at her and shoved her off of me as she laughs care freely for a brief moment and the house went quiet briefly.

I've never heard such a innocent and beautiful thing... is that her real laugh?...

Foot steps started becoming louder and Stefani remained to herself on the other side of the hallway.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that in ages," Kent's eyes were so soft and sincere. He looked shocked to even acknowledge the laugh he heard was his daughter's.

"Whatever," I can feel her walls build back up as kent becomes more present.

"Are you going to keep standing here waiting for me to laugh again because any minute longer, you're gonna be the punch line considering how big of a joke you already are," she spat.

"I-

"I- I just had to witness it for myself.." kent was soft spoken.

"The things id love to witness from you today," she rolled her eyes.

"When do you leave? Er- I mean the both of you, correct? Lillian's mom is kind of hard to talk to when her husband is glaring at me less than a yard away," he scratched the back of his head.

"In a few hours around noon, honey," I assured him.

"Please look out for one another," he smiled and Stefani gagged.

"It's a very vulnerable time for Stef and I hadn't realized how much this trip would make her reflect on family. Where you're going is very sentimental. Please keep an eye on her," his eyes were sore and practically begging.

"Why the sudden concern, Kent? Is everything fine?" I was curious.

"I'm not the best human being. I know that but hearing her laugh like that made me realize how absent I've been in her childhood... it's the same pain free and cheery laugh but maturity cannot be overlooked... not even the fact that she's been through so much that hardly laughs like that. Thank you," he actually looked torn.

"I didn't really do anything," I nervously chuckled.

"You gave me a gift I didn't know I wanted," he smiled softly.

"Aweeeee you do care about me," Stefani butts in sarcastically and he sighs shaking his head.

"Please, a truce? I'll even take a temporary one from you," he laughed.

"Ask me in January," Stefani walks over to quote on quote play punch him in the shoulder but even I heard him wince before he attempted to laugh it off.

"This is the side I've been wanting to see from you," I softly smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek before walking off.

Stefani decides to shoot me a wink while Kent wasn't looking and it took heaven on earth not to laugh.

She took it as an opportunity to follow me and she nudged me.

"You're pushing it," I briefly leaned in her ear still fighting the urge to laugh.

"I thought you could take it," she smirked at me and wandered off to go sit next to Chase and he immediately took the opportunity to show her the gifts he got her.

"This year was surprisingly a good one," Cheryl approached me with hot cocoa.

"Hmmmm for better or for worse, I don't mind," I sighed.

"I can see why," she teased and I looked at her confused.

"Your eye fucking your supposed step daughter," she winked at me before walking off.

AN: hopefully this will satisfy majority of you, I'm really sorry again that it's taken me such a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 359 13
WARNING: Sensitive content and strong language ahead. 1st chapter excerpt Well, fuck. I royally screwed up this time. Just like my grandma said I wou...
1.2K 50 17
๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’๐’๐’‚-๐‘ต๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’‚ (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
421 1 14
A child was born inside a living hell household, forcing to change her name and gender by her impulsive father. Nothing as of much catches the child'...
2.3M 64.7K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...