Kings In Love (BoyxBoy)

By FrozenEscence

(Book 3 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Kaden didn't know what a happy ending would me... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

164 14 14
By FrozenEscence

-Adam's POV-

How can my mate be so fucking tempting? I was quickly learning enough about him to realise just how much of a tease he really could be, but every time it still catches me by surprise, I always expect the more reserved Kaden, so seeing this whole other side to him was exhilarating.

And to go as far as to do that at school, Luna, have mercy on my soul, before I drag this boy back to my room and keep him there until we're both completely spent.

"What are you thinking about?" Kaden asked from his seat beside me, the question almost made me laugh, was that a question I could ask him now? Would he even tell me?

"You," I smiled simply, but it quickly morphed into a smirk on seeing the slightest hint of a blush coat his cheeks, a rare sight to see with Kaden so I treasured it, burning the image into my head before he could quickly recover.

"What about you?" I then asked, hoping if I gave him an honest answer, he would do the same for me. Of course, at this point he knew lying would be futile, but he also just didn't have to tell me if he didn't want to.

"I'm not sure it's appropriate for class," he said with no sign of shame, regret, or remorse.

But naturally, because it was the last thing I was expecting him to say, the surprise had me laughing quite loudly, and in turn that caught the teacher's attention.

"Is there a problem Adam?" The aging lady that was currently teaching our lesson asked, don't ask me what lesson we're in because I have no clue. The second I stepped into the room and saw Kaden already sitting at his desk, my lesson had already been laid out for me, and there was no way I would be paying any attention to what the old bag was saying.

Thankfully, this was the last class of the day, but that meant I also had to be careful, I didn't want my exit from the school to be prevented by an irrelevant detention, even if I was blatantly not paying attention.

"No, ma'am," I smiled politely, hoping she'd turn back to teaching but of course, she didn't.

"Would you like to share with the class what is so funny?" She asked, with a raised eyebrow, she really thinks she got me there, I could almost see the satisfaction in her eyes already at thinking she had succeeded in embarrassing me.

"It's my fault," Kaden interrupted before I could get a word out, my head snapped to him, watching with wide eyes as I wondered what the hell he was doing. "I was joking about the Carina Nebula," he smiled, rubbing at the back of his head in feign embarrassment.

That seemed to do the trick, the excitement lit up in her eyes as she rushed to pull up pictures of some cosmic cliffs or something.

"Nice save," I smirked, to which he returned, and I swear every damn time he looked at me like that, I felt like my heart was going to stop.

I kept up some small talk with Kaden after that, but not as much as I would have liked, being careful not to be caught by the teacher, who had clearly been keeping a closer eye on us after my first slip up.

I was already bored though, if my mate wasn't in this class, I had no doubt in my mind that I would have left by now, but alas my mate was here, and that kept me glued to my seat until the final bell rang.

"What are you doing now?" I asked Kaden as I followed him to his locker, I didn't bother going to mine, or looking around for any of my friends, my full attention was on him.

"Well, I have some work to do," he spoke slowly as if thinking over his words before speaking, I knew what kind of work he meant, but he couldn't say that in the middle of a crowded corridor, even if most of the students were too busy trying to grab their stuff and leave.

"You work a lot," I chuckled, even being the Alpha of a werewolf pack, I feel like I didn't work as much as he did.

"And you have a meet." The hint of a smirk ghosted over his lips.

"Oh shit..." I completely forgot about that, the pack meeting tonight was pushed to the back of my mind, and was honestly the least of my concerns, it wasn't even an important one anyway.

"Maybe if you're free later we could do something?" I asked, praying to Luna that he would say yes.

He seemed to think about it, his eyes gazing through the hallways at the students that lingered around, caught up in conversations with their friends.

"I'll text you if I get some time," he finally answered, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Sounds good!" I tried to play it off as cool, but my heart pounded against my chest, hoping Kaden would find some free time later, the need to see him, to spend time with him, only grew stronger as the days went on, and just knowing there may be a chance he was feeling the same way filled me with a happiness I couldn't explain.

Kaden took his leave back to Galtolga and I met up with my friends, we hurried back to the pack house, getting everything ready for the meeting I would have to conduct.

It all went smoothly, thankfully, like I had said it wasn't an important one, so after I had given out all the general updates the pack needed to know, as well as updates on training and such, leaving out the part about me meeting my mate, even if I so desperately wanted to tell them, I knew I couldn't yet, we were soon piling out of the meeting room and back to our usual doings.

I checked my phone quickly, pushing down the feeling of disappointment from having received no messages from Kaden, and instead decided to kill some time by socialising with some of the pack members.

At around 9PM I finally received a message from Kaden, it was embarrassing how quickly I pulled out my phone as soon as I heard the notification, but nobody batted an eyelid as I quickly opened the chat.

From Kaden<3: Hey, are you okay?

His message confused me, but I was quick to respond, trying to ignore the rising anxiety in my chest.

Adam: Hey, I'm good, is everything okay?

It felt like forever until he finally replied, even though it had only been a couple of minutes, but in that time my eyes never left the screen, waiting to see those annoying bubbles popping up on the chat.

From Kaden<3: Yeah, everything is fine. Sorry, didn't mean to worry you. Things just seem to keep piling up here, I was hoping to get away for a while, but that's seeming more unlikely as time goes on.

I could almost hear his sigh through the text and chuckled to myself, my eyes drifting to the window, the forest was in clear view, though it was quiet this time of night, a light rain trickled down the glass that only appeared to pick up the more I stared.

Adam: That's okay, maybe we can do something tomorrow. I hope you get some rest soon, take care of yourself, okay?

When it came to Kaden, I was always worried of coming off too clingy, I kept having to remind myself that I'm his keeper as well, there was no real limits with us, though I knew nothing could be public just yet, if I ever did anything he didn't like, I'm sure he would tell me.

From Kaden<3: I'll reserve tomorrow for you. I'll rest soon, thank you, take care of yourself too <3

My heart only sped up as I reread his message, unable to stop the wide grin from pulling at my lips.

I'll reserve tomorrow for you.

-Kaden's POV-

The rain never did settle from last night, though it wasn't heavy, it just sprinkled above, leaving a light coating over everything in sight.

The sky, however, was eerily dark, no sign of any sun in sight, the normally blue sky for this time of year completely forgotten behind the darkening of clouds, noticeably dampening everyone's mood, well everyone except for Adrian.

"Rainy day, you know what that means! So, what are we doing today?" He asked with a wide grin, his eyes glistening as he looked over all of us.

"I have plans with Adam today," I instantly input, knowing if I didn't say it soon enough, they would make plans including me, and I already promised Adam.

Adrian's grin only seemed to widen, and I already knew he was dying to say something, but he couldn't, we were in the middle of the corridor, surrounded by other students, I'm pretty sure his tongue would bleed from how hard he had to bite down on it.

Cameron and Gabriel shared a look, before Cameron turned to me hesitantly.

"Um...Luke and Remy asked if we wanted to hang out after school, but we can always rearrange for another day," Cameron quickly rambled.

"No, it's okay, if you want to hang out with them it's fine, Adam and I will probably end up going out anyway," I shrugged. I'd mention it to Adam anyway, but I doubt he'd mind either, I had other plans for us.

I found Adam near his locker, talking with Michael and Remy, it didn't take him long to notice me, and his smile lit up the corridor.

"Hey, Adam. Have you got a minute?" I greeted Michael and Remy, before addressing Adam with a soft smile.

"Of course," Adam excused himself from his friends, following me to the front doors of the school, normally I would step outside, but the weather didn't look too inviting right now, even if the rain didn't bother me much, I didn't think Adam would want to go through his day wet because of me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, once we'd finally stopped walking, I could see how he tried to hide the concern on his face, but I saw right through him.

"Yeah, everything's okay, sounds like our friends might be hanging out tonight, so I just wanted to make sure you're still okay for after school." I forced myself to talk less formally when around him, knowing it wasn't necessary and was a habit I would need to get out of when around my friends.

"Definitely! Luke mentioned asking Gabriel and Cameron, so I wasn't sure if you wanted to hang with them or if you wanted to do something together," he worded it like a question, almost asking if this would become a group meet up or something more. I smiled, ignoring the bell as it sounded above me.

"I thought we could do something with just the two of us, if that's okay with you." I couldn't help the smirk that rose on my lips, knowing he would be more than okay with that.

"Of course, I was hoping you'd say that," he flirted, his shoulders easing as the tension left his body.

"Can't wait, I'll catch you later then." I winked, finally walking away from the boy I so desperately didn't want to walk away from.

After that, the school day suddenly appeared to drag on longer than usual, as if someone knew I wanted the day to go faster, already awaiting the night ahead.

*

"I've got to run home really quick, but after that I'll head straight to yours," I told Adam as we walked out of the school, the rain had picked up a bit during the day, but not enough to soak us too quickly.

"We're gonna head straight over if that's okay?" Adrian asked, sharing a look with me, wanting to know if I needed his help or not.

"That's fine, I shouldn't be long," I nodded in conformation, before racing back to Galtolga, hoping nothing was wrong and I'd be able to leave quickly.

Everything was quiet in Galtolga, it was just the way I liked it, there was still no news about the ambush at school, and whereas usually no news was good news, I knew this still wouldn't be the end of it, we had to find Amelia and fast, but it was like she didn't exist.

There was still no news from the guards and everyone for quite content for the time being, so I pushed those worries to the back of my mind for another day and started my journey to Adam's.

A part of me was tempted to just use a portal to get their quickly, but werewolves or not, and King or not, it still wasn't exactly permitted for us to use our powers while in the human world unless absolutely necessary.

And since I had already broken enough of our rules, I decided to drive, using that time to clear my head, but instead I found myself spacing out and it felt like only seconds had passed before I was driving up a familiar dirt road.

It was then the rain started pounding down onto my car, the closer I got the more aggressive the rain got, I had hoped we'd get the chance to go into the forest again, but I'm not sure even the vast amount of trees would be able to protect us from this downpour.

With my window wipers on full, I drove slowly down the dirt road, watching on as the sky on seemed to get darker.

Finally parking my car in front of the pack house, I sat back in my seat, watching the rain aggressively attack my window.

Looks like a storm is coming.

A sigh left my lips, knowing I would have to make a break for the door, but even then, I doubt I'd be able to make it inside without looking like I'd just stepped out of the shower, fully clothed. I was starting to think I should have used a portal after all.

Before I could dwell on it for much longer, the door to the pack house was thrown open, I could just about make out Adrian waving at me wildly through the blurry vision of my windscreen.

Here goes nothing, I guess.

I quickly threw open my car door, pushing it closed behind me. I pushed myself through the rain until I was finally under shelter, before then turning around to lock my car, grateful it wasn't too far away so it would reach.

"The sky is angry!" Adrian laughed, Zach held him back, telling him it would be a stupid idea to go out in it, and I couldn't help but agree.

A few seconds at most I was under the downpour, yet my clothes were already sticking uncomfortably to my body.

Adam approached from behind the boys with a chuckle of his own, his grin widening as he approached me.

"Yeah, I don't think any of us were expecting this," he commented, looking up at the sky from where we still stood in the doorway, the door open and letting the inside slowly gather water.

"We should probably close the door," I warned, making the boys aware of the mess they were making on the floor.

"Oh shit, sorry!" Adrian chuckled embarrassed, before he finally closed the door, the sound of the rain instantly quietening.

Adrian pulled Zach back into the other room, leaving me and Adam alone. I could hear the chatter from the living room softly drifting towards us, but my attention was quickly taken by Adam as he stepped forward and placed a small kiss on my lips.

"Hey," he whispered, his lips hovering just above mine with a soft smile.

"Hello," my voice was low but not quite a whisper, and the urge to kiss him soon took over, but I never got the chance.

"Uh...guys..."

It was almost comical the speed in which our heads turned towards the boys now stood in the doorway watching us, but before I could even allow the anger to show on my face, I took in the looks of panic that faced us.

"What's wrong?" I demanded, getting more annoyed that they didn't speak fast enough.

"Alpha!" Luke cut in before anyone else could speak. "Something's happening outside," he finished, looking panicked and unsure.

It didn't take me a second to pull the front door open, as I tried my best not to let my eyes widen at the event unfolding in front of me.

I could feel everyone closing in, getting closer to us. Adam's hand grabbed my shoulder, I could feel his tension, but his touch only calmed me, this was not the time to be calm, however.

"What the fuck is that?" Adrian asked, cutting through the silence that had fell among us.

"I was hoping you'd know," Adam replied, his worried gaze finding me, but my eyes never left the sight in front of me.

The rain never once settled, only got more aggressive, but this time it was joined by clashes of thunder that rumbled so prominently it shook the ground ever so slightly, lightening flashed in the sky but luckily made no attempt to hit the floor.

We were in the middle of the storm, literally, but it wasn't just us, we weren't alone.

"Kaden Hendrix. The King of Galtolga. We have orders to remove you from these lands."

"You're on my territory, you have no say in this matter," Adam growled from beside me.

"Under who's orders?" I asked, having to shout over the sound of the rain.

"That is not of importance, you will leave now, or we will make you." It was a lady who stood in front of me, I didn't recognise her, and she didn't hold the aura of a Soul Waker, in fact none of them did, but they didn't heed to Adam either.

I didn't like being told what I can and can't do, I was rather stubborn when it came to that, and maybe at times it could cause more trouble than it was worth, but I am the King of Galtolga and I will not bow down to anyone, and I certainly will not take orders from someone who wouldn't even tell me who's orders they were following.

"I guess you will have to make me then," I replied coolly, finally stepping out into the rain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 490 26
(Book 2 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Gabriel is broken and believes he can't be fixed. He's a rare kind of soul waker, a sou...
24.2K 743 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
889K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
1.4K 43 17
Imagine a world where mythological creatures exist. From the beings living in the heavens, the supernatural creatures on Earth, to the horrifying dem...