Only Love Can Hurt Like This

By ShrazyMe

This book is about a married mother battling with her husband's infidelities, identity issues and learning to... More

Cast
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Instagram
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 1

986 51 3
By ShrazyMe

JasmineHunter: Morning swim

3,000,000 likes ~ 12,000 comments

---

The toughest thing about being in the limelight is that you always have to maintain composure when everything is going to shit. I recently found out that my husband has been cheating on me for the past year and I'm pregnant with our second child.

I'm trying to act as if everything is ok for the sake of our daughter and unborn child but it's killing me on the inside. We rarely have fights since welcoming our first child together but now we're fighting everyday because I never expected this from him.

The media are not aware of the infidelity but I know that the story will leak at some point, it always does.

"Darius." My voice cracks at the mention of his name and I look away to stop myself from breaking down. "You have never hurt me more than you have now. We haven't always been the perfect couple but this ain't it. How do we overcome something like this?"

"The same we always overcome things." He sighs. "With trust, love and God."

I scoff while shaking my head, "We've never had to overcome anything like this before. This is different because your actions show that I mean nothing to you and that's what hurts so don't bring God into this."

"It wasn't personal." Darius runs his hand through his hair while sitting back in his seat and it angers me because he won't take responsibility for his actions.

"You've broken this family." I tell him while fighting back tears. "When the media gets a hold of this, our whole lives will be over and it will be because you wanted to be a hoe. You wanted to not only cheat on me with multiple women who have come forward with their stories but you had a whole affair and everybody knew. You're a fucking asshole and soon the whole world will know of your sorry ways."

"Now don't go around calling me out of my name." He snaps at me. "And if I hear you trying to defame me to the media-"

"It's not defamation if it's the fucking truth, you weak ass motherfucker." I start jabbing him in the head with finger and he just sits there with an unbothered expression on his face. "You fucking disgust me, cheating on your pregnant wife."

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!" Darius grabs me by the jaw which forces me back. "I have been nothing but patient as you mouth off to me but I will not tolerate you calling me out of my name. Pregnant or not, I don't deserve this shit."

"AND I DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE CHEATED ON!" I scream back at him as he stares at my face and I scrunch my face up as I feel the tears fall from eyes. "I didn't deserve none of this when I've been nothing by loyal to you."

"I'm sorry." He rests his forehead against mine as we both cry. "I'm so sorry."

"We have a family, Darius." I sniffle as I feel my nose begin to run. "I have given up so much to be with you and you've broken my heart."

---

SportsWives: Multiple sources come forward with claims that the Warriors' Point Guard #DariusHunter cheated on his wife of 3 years #JasmineHunter. Several images have surfaced of the basketball player locking lips with women who resemble his wife while attending different sporting events.

10,000 likes ~ 210 comments

The media reported on the affair as I expected and the whole situation has turned into a media circus. My second pregnancy is one that I have yet to announce so in effort to calm this whole thing down, I plan to announce my pregnancy tomorrow. 

This is not the way that I planned to do it but things are really rocky now but I do appreciate all the love and support being sent my way. Flowers have been sent to our home but I haven't taken the time to read the cards as it makes this whole thing seem even more real.

Everybody is asking about the big D word that I would have never associated with our marriage and it is something that I am strongly considering. I don't want to divorce my husband but I also don't want him thinking that he can get away with this because I forgave him the first time around.

"Hey." I barely glance up at Darius who walks into the kitchen as I feed our two year old daughter. "I'm heading to practice."

I wave him off.

"That's childish." He kisses his teeth before bending down to our daughter who throws her arms around his neck, "I love you Lei-lei."

"Love you daddy." She smiles big as he pecks her lips.

"Jasmine." Darius looks over at me and I stare up at him with a blank expression on my face. "I love you."

"Text me when you're on the way home." I respond before turning my attention back to my daughter who is watching some kids show on my tablet. 

Darius was first signed to the Philadelphia 76ers when he was eighteen years old and we met shortly after at a rooftop bar in West Hollywood. He was in a relationship at that time so nothing happened between us but we were able to form a friendship which would end up being long distant since we lived in different states.

The first time that we hooked up was at his 21st birthday party in Vegas which was everything and he started playing for the Golden State Warriors that year. Darius moved to Los Angeles to be closer to me and we lived together as a relationship blossomed between us.

While Darius' career was flourishing, mine was going down the drain as I was failing to get my dream job in TV so he got me a position as a reporter. I had to do a lot of training and studying before I began interviewing the basketball players post match.

I held that job for five years which put my name out there and as much as I loved the job, it wasn't my true passion. I'm about to begin production on my own reality show and I have some acting projects lined up for once I've given birth.

"Hey sis." I smile as my younger sister walks into my kitchen with our Starbucks order. "You are all over the Shaderoom and every other gossip site out there."

I roll my eyes, "As expected."

 "I saw Darius on the way out." Isabella gives me the side eye. "Where's he off to at a time like this?"

"Practice." I purse my lips while cleaning my daughter who is not paying us an attention as she drinks from her bottle. "You would think that he would lay low considering that the whole world knows of his mess up but he wants to act as if nothing happened."

"He's an a-hole." Isabella mutters while sliding my drink and cake pop over to me. "You should just divorce him, take his money and keep the house because he obviously doesn't give a damn."

I bite down on my bottom lip, "I don't want to be a single mother."

"Being a single mother is better than being a disrespected one." Isabella responds before taking a sip out of her drink. "You've had five different women reach out to you about him and he confessed to having an affair with some other hoe. That's plenty of disrespect in my eyes and I would not want to raise any of my children around someone like that."

Tears start to form in my eyes as I realise that I have a tough decision to make. 

Do I break up my family or endure the suffering caused by my husband?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 33.3K 36
book 3
6.4K 204 11
READ Teach me how to love(My abusive boyfriend )First or else you want understand anything.
114 90 77
The suburbs simmer with violence and passion. Juliet, a new mother in a troubled marriage, feels suspicions of infidelity gnawing at her core, leavin...
269K 15.6K 38
𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 & 𝐈 .. (2 books in 1)