Why Him? || Steddie

By creative-circles

As Eddie goes into his second round of Senior Year, he finds himself caught into a situation he would have ne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 14
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The RV
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Finale
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 34

866 35 28
By creative-circles

"Okay. One more time. Let's go over what happened one more time." I clasped my hands together while looking at Eleven with a determined face.

"God...no Steve. No. This would be her fifth time explaining it." Mike leaned between me and El with an annoyed smile. "Here's the basics. Eddie's in there. Woohoo. But he can't hear Eleven at all. She tried. He's basically just living his life like...well like he's still living his life."

"I wanted to make sure I got every detail...but alright." I sighed before crossing my legs "the important question now is...does he know that it's only in his mind?"

"I don't know. It's hard to know when he isn't listening." Eleven sighed before looking down.

"Do you think he's just avoiding you?" Robin cut in from behind me while placing her hands on my shoulders.

"He didn't even acknowledge me." El sighed again "either he's good at avoiding or he can't hear me."

"Well...can't you just like...snap him out of it?" Robin suggested while squeezing onto my shoulders.

"Guys...she isn't Jesus or something she can only do so much." Mike rolled his eyes before grabbing Elevens hand. "I'm sure she tried when she was in there."

Eleven stayed silent as Mike squeezed her hand. It was a lot to ask of a 15 year old. I knew that. But she was our only hope.

"Did you try...touching him?" I awkwardly ask after the pause of silence.

"Last time I did that it didn't work for me well." Eleven looked at Mike as he smiled at her "but I didn't try that"

Mike slowly let go of El's hand as a spark of hope lit his eyes. "El...would you be willing to try again? I mean...last time Billy was attached to the mind flayer. This time it's just Eddie."

"Please Eleven. We've lost so much. It would be nice to have Eddie back if this worked out." Robin let go of my shoulders before stepping in front of me and squatting down to the sitting Eleven's height. "It would help Harrington out a lot." She pointed her thumb towards me.

"Robin!" I yell out on accident.

Robin turned her head over her shoulder and gave a shrug. She's so lucky that they think what I feel for Eddie is friendship otherwise she'd be in so much trouble.

She went for Eleven's free hand and held it. "We'd be there for you every step of the way. I promise."

"Really?" El softly smiled at her.

"Really."

El looked up at me with a larger smile. "I'm going to try. For you, Steve."

Mike leaned his body between El and Robin quickly. "Are you sure, El? Like it would be super cool if you got it to work but I also want you to want to."

El nodded slowly before looking over to Eddie on his bed. "I'm sure."

I felt my heart begin to race. I could possibly see Eddie again. "Is there anything you need?" I quickly got up from my seat "like a water or something?"

El laughed lightly before covering her mouth with her hand. "No, Steve. Thank you for the offer."

"Well if you change your mind just uh...let me know. I'll go running after it." I smiled before running my hand through my hair.

Robin looked at me quickly before breathing out and lowering her hand from her face to her knee. She was trying to discreetly tell me to calm down.

I took a deep breath and sat back down in my chair. "So uh...when are we doing this?"

"I can do it now." El smiled while looking at Eddie. "It's not...sure that you're going to get him back if I do this."

I sighed before smiling at her. "I know...but any chance of him coming back...I have to take."

El nodded before turning her attention to me. "If you wanted to leave the room again, now's your chance before I start."

I nodded before getting more comfortable in my chair. "Thank you but I'm staying here this time."

El slowly brought her attention to Eddie's hand and grabbed it before closing her eyes.

Please work...

-Eddie's perspective-

"No no no! Gareth you keep hitting A when I need you to hit D!" I sighed before face palming myself and running my hand down to my mouth. "I can even show you if you need."

Gareth sighed before tilting his head back. "I know! It's just...so close to the other string. It doesn't sound...bad with the other string."

"But that's not the song!" I sighed before placing my guitar down and taking a seat. "It's gotta be perfect. This is our first gig in a while. We gotta have them come back for another show."

"And we will!" Jeff stepped in with a smile. "It's just a matter of practice, Eddie."

"Yeah...alright." I sighed before picking my guitar back up. "From the top then."

Gareth nodded before mouthing "thank you" to Jeff and hitting the first cord of the song.

As the song started to play, I couldn't help but feel uneasy. It was a band practice like any other day...why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?

The chords kept playing before it was closer to my cue to come in vocally. Whatever this was, needed to take a break while we practiced. The chords came naturally. The vocals? Not so much.

I took a deep breath in before starting to sing.

🎶End of passion play, crumbling away
I'm your source of self-destruction
Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear
Leading on your death's construction
Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you🎶

I looked behind me to the boys and smiled. It was going great. We'd never played it this well before. Third times a charm I guess.

🎶Come crawling faster
Obey your mas-🎶

I felt something grab onto my arm. As I turned to face whatever it was, I saw a girl with a shaved head. The chords came to a dead halt as everyone stared at me and the girl.

"How'd you get in here? The garage door is closed...did you come through the house?" I whispered to her.

The girl shook her head slowly before grabbing onto me even tighter. "We need to talk, Eddie."

I felt my eyebrows furrow before squinting at her "do I know you?"

The girl shook her head again. "We just need to talk."

I sighed before looking over at the band. "Keep practicing, alright? This shouldn't take too long."

The group nodded as the chords and drums continued to go from behind me.

I quickly pulled her over to the corner of the garage. "What is it? I mean you kinda cut off my band practice, kid."

"You need to wake up, Eddie." The girl squeezed even tighter onto me.

"You're hurting me...can you ease up a bit?" I put my hand on top of hers trying to pry it at least off a little.

The girl's eyes widened before slowly letting her grasp loosen.

"What do you mean, Wake up? I'm wide awake. See?" I widened my eyes at her before pointing to them.

She shook her head. "You've been asleep since you last saw Vecna, Eddie."

The song slowly faded behind me.

Vecna...why does that name sound so....

As I turned to make sure the boys were still practicing, there was nothing behind me but a black empty slate.

"What did you do?" I yell trying to make her let go of me by yanking my arm roughly towards me.

"I didn't do anything. That wasn't real, and you realized that...didn't you? You got rid of it."

I shook my head slowly "no. There's no way. It was real. If anything this Vecna guy isn't real. I practice with my band every other day. There's no way in hell I could dream that so vividly."

"But you did, Eddie." The girl sighed. "Steve really wants you to wake up."

Steve...

My memories hit me like a truck. "Did I die? Is this hell?" I still tried to yank her off of me but she had the firmest grip.

"You didn't die, Eddie. You're just...here. Steve needs you to wake up."

I slowly started to smile. Steve...needed me? "We haven't gone to the park again, huh?"

The girl showed a confused look on her face. "I don't know what that means...but yes...if that gets you out of here."

"Who even are you? If this is my 'mind' then how did you get here?"

The kid smiled softly "I'm Jane."

That didn't answer my question at all...I mean I haven't even heard that name before.

"Okay then...Jane. How do you propose we get out of here then?"

Jane shrugged her shoulders before sliding her hand towards mine. "That's not something that I do, Eddie. That's your battle."

"My...battle?" I would just be waking up. There wasn't anything special to it. What would I fight for?

She nodded before grabbing onto my hand tight. "You'll be in a lot of pain when you wake up. It will be hard to want to stay."

Pain? That was real? Could I even move if I woke up?

"Jane...do you think I should? Would I just be a burden?" I felt my heart sink. "Should I just...stay here?"

Jane sighed before starting to let go of my hand. "That's up to you to decide Eddie. If you do wake up...I'll be there. So will Steve."

She slowly faded away before my eyes. I had...to choose? Why couldn't they choose for me? It would be...so much easier.

Should I just...fade away as well? I mean...I'm most likely a cripple due to what happened. I'd inconvenience my uncle with every day I was awake. I'm a wanted criminal still. I wouldn't be able to live my life until I was cleared.

But Steve...

We still had so much to do. We hadn't gone to the park. I haven't told him how I feel...was that enough to wake up for?

Maybe not but... I needed to see him. At least one more time.

I took a deep breath and started to close my eyes.

"So he's not awake?" I heard a voice similar to Mike's ask coming from my right side.

"No..." a voice similar to Jane's responded.

There then was a sigh from my left side. Who was that?

"Thank you for trying, El. It means a lot to me."

Eve...

I slowly opened my eyes to still see nothing but pitch black.

I guess I'm still-

"OH MY GOD." A voice similar to Robin's yelled out. "HE OPENED HIS EYES"

A gasp came from my left "OH MY GOD! Eds?! Are you awake?" It was Steve. There was the feeling of someone sitting near my legs.

I felt my eyes move towards the feeling, but I couldn't see anything. Nothing. Nothing at all.

I let out a small laugh. They didn't need to know. Not when they were so...happy to see me. "Yeah... ya miss me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
216K 7.6K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 30.2K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...