Planted in my mind

By ChxrryMK

Sparkling's working at his bar as usual when a cookie walks in one day. Herb. He's new to the kingdom and met... More

Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
🎃 Halloween special 🎃
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
⛄Christmas Special🎄
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note

Chapter 4

386 6 2
By ChxrryMK

Sparkling's pov

Oh. My. GOD. Here I was, talking to the cutest guy on EarthBread. I think I can faint from happiness. 

"So what places do you like to go to?" Herb asked, "Like, which places should I go to first in the kingdom?"

"Oh, well, I'd say Cherry Blossom Park is a great place for walks. Their are Cherry Blossom trees, and is good for picnics as well," I informed him, oh god was I talking too much though?

"Cookie Cliff is also a good place to visit as well. It overlooks a beach, and I really like looking at the Sunset there."

"Cool, I also enjoy watching the Sunset sometimes, maybe I'll check it out tomorrow night. Usually I'm above the water and on a moon though," Herb murmured thoughtfully.

"Hm?" I hummed, confused to the last part.

"Nothing heheh," He said shyly, so I decided not to ask farther.

I nodded and then said, "By the way, do you have any hobbies?"

"Yeah, I enjoy planing, taking care and playing with little kids, taking walks, and drinking tea while reading," He said nervously, "What about you?"

"I mostly stay here at my bar at night, but during the day I like hanging out with my friends," I replied, "I also enjoy going to concerts, parties, and I'm a healer in missions sometimes. Though, I do enjoy reading a good book, taking walks, and chilling."

I left out the flirting with costumers, since I didn't know how he would react. He would think I'm playing with his heart, but I'm not! He's different..

"That's cool," He blushed slightly.

I smiled and I suddenly had an urge to pat him. For a while I just stared at his soft green hair, until Vampire broke me from my trance.

"Sparkling, can I hev another cop?" Vampire whined, drunk, "Pleaase?"

I rolled my eyes, then turned to Herb and winked at him, "I'll be right back~."

A couple moments later, I heard Herb say quietly, "Uhm, it's getting really late. My construction should be done now. Bye!"

"W-Wait!" I called, and quickly turned around only to find in dismay that Herb had left leaving only an empty seat with cash on the counter.

"Sorry bro," Mint said sympathetically, "Although, it is almost 12, and it's starting to get kind of dark."

I sighed and handed Vampire the Grape Juice which he immediately started sipping. I had really wanted to have him stay and chat with me, even if it was just for a little longer. Wow, time sure flies when you're interested.

"Well, you'll see him again next morning. You're visiting his shop, right?" Cocoa piped from besides Mint, "So, don't worry!"

"Right," I said dully.

I couldn't wait, but what if I looked too tired or bedraggles? Well, Latte did offer to help out from 6-7. I'm pretty sure she'll also close it up too. I'll just take a nap then, and freshen up before.. around 9. Wait, Latte doesn't even drink, does she? Arghh did I just realize that she struck that deal so that she could help for free? Though I am grateful. Wait no, focus. I'll visit his shop at 9ish. I wonder if his plants are as pretty as him..

"Can i have a Cherry-Kiwi Cocktail?" A girl with black eyes and green hair asked me bubbily.

"Sure, anything for you," I winked and she giggled.

As I worked to finish her drink, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was just like the previous nights, but harder. Probably since I'm so excited for my work to be over and then to meet him. I could cancel the schedule to open my bar anytime, considering I'm the owner, but I don't want to let cookies down. I need to cancel at least a couple days ahead of time. Maybe I should, so I could spend time with him.. 

I sighed, but I felt a bubbly warm and fuzzy feeling inside of me.

He was Planted in my mind.

Herb's pov

I left the bar in a flustered mess. He winked at me! Eeeeek. He does that while serving and taking orders for everyone though. I think. What if he was only teasing me? Argh, don't be a pessimistic.

I can't believe he heard me saying I watch sunsets above water. I didn't want to tell him Moonlight and Sea-fairy were my parents, cause I don't want the attention. Or fake love, and friends.

I hurried back to my garden to see Espresso sitting on the grass giggling over his phone. When I sidled closer, his eyes darted up and he quickly turned off his phone. 

"O-oh, hello," He greeted me, his face still a bit red but cooling down, "I hope you enjoyed going wherever you did. Let me explain how this fountain works."

"Oki, thanks," I nodded my head, "Also why were you on the grass anyways?"

"I did not know if I was allowed to sit on the benches," He said dismissively.

"Oh, next time if I need your help on anything, you can sit anywhere. Well except for the plants I'm going to plant or in the fountain," I smiled.

"All right, now, since it's getting quite dark, and we may have trouble seeing things. Let me just.." he said and the fountain lit up.

Well, at least the leaves at the bottom of the fountain, rings, and circles inside lit up. Which was good, since even though the summer night wasn't too dark, it was still kind of hard to see.

"Woah, that's cool!" I exclaimed in awe.

"Glad you think so," he grinned a tiny bit, "See these three buttons?"

He moved over a bit revealing 3 buttons on the fountain The first was the color of a summer sky. The second was the color of pearls. The third was a mixture of sea-green, sapphire-blue, autumn orange, pearly white, cotton pink, lavender purple, and sunny yellow.

"Mhm," I nodded.

"Well to turn on the light of the fountain, just click this button," He pointed to the first button, "Click again to turn it off."

"Like this?" I asked and pushed down on it.

Immediately the lights went out and we were wrapped in darkness.

"Can you turn it on?" Espresso asked, "I need it to show the next two things."

I clicked it, and the fountain lit up once again.

"The next button turns the water on," He explained, "and the last will change the color of the lights. Simply click it to go to another color option. Afterwards it will change back to white."

"Really?" I said interested, and clicked the second button.

The water soon gushed out, nearly splashing us in the face. Whoops. Next, I clicked the rainbow colored button. I went through all the colors, from cotton pink to lavender purple, ending in plain white.

"Thank you so so much!" I exclaimed, and hugged him.

"Please refrain from hugging me," Espresso mumbled, "But your welcome."

He disloded himself and started to walk away, when he turned around.

"Also, goodnight!" He waved and headed off.

"Bye!" I called before heading back to my house.

Hmm, maybe I can ask Sparkling and his friends over. I thought. 

Perhaps at night, once I finish the garden completely. Oh well, let's get some sleep.

-------------------------

Word count: 1171

Yay! Finally done this chapter <3

Btw school starts for me in two days, so I might post less often, but I'll try not to! After all, I don't like participating in after-school sports anyways XD

Have a good day/night, and I hope you enjoyed! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176 1 19
This is a remake of my newest Cookie Skills story. This new story is for you @Acrobaleno-Pop
1.4K 72 11
In the realm where coffee beans dance, There lived a Cookie, in a scientific trance. Mochaccino by name, a mind so bright, Invention and innovation...
2.5K 20 13
I want to introduce everyone the cast of my Cookie Run series that way everyone will get to know who is who.
11.1K 388 37
Basically about how Espresso goes on a date with many different cookies, and socializing for once. He would find his soulmate at the end... guess who...