The Way We Fell

By SaraMaine004

Adeline Rose is joyous, kind and beautiful she's every mothers dream. Adeline returns to the new school year... More

C H A R A C T E R S
N O T E
P R O L O G U E
P A R T Y
F R I E N D S
L I E S
D I N N E R
M I S T A K E
T R U T H
D A R E
G E T IN
T H O U G H T S
B R U I S E D
M U S I C
C O L L A P S E
B R E A T H E
A P O L O G I E S
B L O N D I E
F E E L I N G S
H U R T
F A I N T
D O C T O R
S A Y I T
S Q U E E Z E
H A N G O U T
T O O F A R
D A D D Y I S S U E S
H A U N T E D H O U S E
C U T E
S A M
K I S S
B E T R A Y E D
P I T Y P A R T Y
O V E R
G U I L T
S K A T E
P A I N
A S K ?
J E R K
S P E C I A L
L E T T I N G G O
Q U E S T I O N
M Y L O V E
T R U S T
M I N E
G E N T L E
P R E T T Y

C L O W N

1.9K 40 1
By SaraMaine004

I CRAVE A LOVE THAT DROWN OCEANS.
♡♡♡

Adeline

This carnival's set up was amazing.

The layout of games and rides all over the open field had me wanting to grab Kenna's hand and try every single one. The area was being lit up by ferry lights and bright spotlights.

The setting was truly out of a movie.

I walked beside Elias as we made our way to the end of the carnival to meet up with Kenna and JT since they parked at the wrong side.

I knew this because of the conversation Elias had on the phone with JT to figure out what was taking them so long but the phone call instead consisted of Kenna yelling at JT while JT yelled at Kenna all while trying to figure out where they were.

I burst out laughing in that moment at that ridiculousness of JT and Kenna.

We kept walking in silence but I didn't mind. It was my first time at a carnival and I was having fun observing everything.

I smiled at the little kids who were arguing over a stuffed animal in front of one of the game stands.

The little girls lip starts wobbling her eyes tearing up a little and the boy holding the stuffed animal notices this and hands her the stuffed animal a defiant look on his face. The little girl immediately halts her crying and takes it from his hands and pulls him into a deep hug.

Oh my god...that is so adorable I couldn't help the squeal that escaped my mouth.

Crap...

I forgot that I may or may not have been walking with someone that someone being Elias...

I slowly turned my head towards him to meet his gaze.

Well i'm not apologizing this time...my reason was quite explainable.

Cuteness equals squealing.

Yeah

Except as I open my mouth to do just that I feel a flutter across my back and scary whisper...

"How are you beautiful ? Would you like a balloon ?"

I scream out and immediately jump back into Elias. I face the cause of my outburst and find a clown holding a bouquet of balloons in his hand looking all scary.

His smile is persistent as I let out a long breath of relief and look around at the bystanders laughing at my sudden eruption. I felt myself turn red and shrink.

The only thing that's worse is the fact that I threw myself at Elias and now im sort of leaning into him while is hand is wrapped around my waist and i'm gripping his arms.

Great...just great.

I look up at Elias and see he's already looking at me. My breathing quickens as I continue to stare at him.

I let out a soft breath and shake my head out of my sudden trance. I straighten myself so i'm no longer leaning and gather myself and then find it in me to snort and let out a soft laugh at the scene.

I see the that the clown is still standing there I guess waiting for a response.

"Um No thank you Mr.Clown...guy" I smile awkwardly.

He simply walks away with no response. I take in a deep breath and then stop when I realize Elias's hands are still wrapped around my waist.

I look down at his hands and then hear a throat clear off somewhere in front of us and Elias removes his hand and I try not to feel too upset at the sudden coldness.

I look up and meet Kenna's stunned face that slowly morphs into a huge smile showing off her pearly whites.

She speed walks up to me and stands there just stands there while that smile stays plastered on her face.

She suddenly reaches up to touch my forehead as though she was checking my temperature.

"Kenna...ahaha what are you doing ?" I say slowly stepping out of her touch scared for my life.

"Oh nothing! I'm rooting for this okay I really am." Kenna says then she takes a deep breath and slowly begins to step into place next to me.

I node unsurely at her cryptic words.

"Okay where too first..."Cameron says running his hand through his hair clearly frustrated at having to wait so long for Kenna and JT.

"I was thinking we go on the rides and then haunted house and then lastly the games." Kenna says laying out the plan for the group as always.

"Sounds good" JT says and the rest of us nod in agreement.

We begin walking towards the rides and I can't help but think how odd it is. I never would've thought that I would be walking with someone who considers me their best friend and a group of actual friends.

Well that parts debatable I don't know exactly how Cameron and JT perceive me but they don't seem to mind my presence...I hope.

♡♡♡

"Holy shit that ride is fucked" Cameron yells out clearly high off the adrenaline.

Kenna and I still laughing so hard at the reaction all the boys had to being on the ride which flips you around in a 360 degree motion.

"You should've seen JT's face after getting off the ride" She says tears coming out of her eyes as she grips onto my forearm from laughing so hard.

I snort and Kenna laughs even harder hitting Cameron on the chest repeatedly.

"Sorry Cam It's just a habit...."Kenna says giggling.

"Yeah well watch it you almost dented this killer body" Cameron says making a show of his muscles.

This only throws Kenna into another fit of laughter at Camerons attempt at a cringe joke and I couldn't help but see the way Camerons eyes lit up immensely at her giggles.

Strike number two Mr.Cameron.

I decided to keep these subtle observations to myself for now. Some things just need time.

JT walks up next to me and bumps my shoulder with his and I look up at him giving him small smile.

"You enjoying yourself love ?" JT asks me.

I look forward with a small smile.

"Yeah I am...you ?"

"Yeah it's been okay. So quick question." JT says softly.

"Yeah ?" I say hesitantly.

"You seeing someone ?" JT questions.

I ponder for a second wondering why he would be asking me such a question until i realize it's most likely a normal thing friends ask friends.

"No I'm not" I say lowly almost embarrassed.

"That's fucking unreal...but good to know" JT says smiling down at me.

I stare straight ahead of me and decided to

Before I can even ask him why it would be good for him to know I hear JT groan in what seems to be pain and I quickly look over to him to find him hunched over gripping his stomach and Elias with satisfied look on his face.

"Fucking ass" JT calls out.

Cameron only stands to the side laughing and Kenna walks up to me a bored look on her face.

Um...

What just happened ?

She interlocks her elbow with mine and tugs me forward.

"Come on let's get to the haunted house before them" Kenna says smiling.

I glance back behind me and see JT being consoled by Cameron resting his head on his shoulder while he sarcastically rubs his head. I smile and let out a soft laugh.

I move my gaze to the other tall figure standing beside them.

Elias rolls his eyes clearly annoyed at the situation. His face sobers and returns to its cold state and he turns a little and meets my eyes.

I whipped my head around and continued walking with Kenna ignoring the sparks that lit in my stomach.

Word count: 1282

Thank you guys so much for reading hope you enjoyed this chapter.

DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE NEW UPDATE!!!

I REALLY LIKE IT and I hope you guys do too.

Anyway byeeee beauties ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 24 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
127K 3.5K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...
23.2K 742 24
"It feels like tasting poison, the more my tongue discovers her flesh the more addicted I become." Adeline seeks comfort in her studies, she...
84.9K 3.7K 69
Hide who you are so they can't see your vulnerable side. Hide your beauty so you know how they act when you have flaws. "I hate it!" I hate this s...