Promised Love ~ Dramione

By hh_2000

"You said it yourself, you're a Death Eater, and correct me if I'm wrong but that's worse than being a Mudblo... More

The Beginning - Ch.1
Hogwarts Express - Ch.2
Hogwarts - Ch.3
Dorms - Ch.4
Marriage Law - Ch. 5
Letters - Ch.6
Pairings - Ch.7
Morning - Ch.8
Trust - Ch.9
Slytherin - Ch.10
Owls - Ch.11
Classes - Ch.12
Azkaban - Ch.13
Vial - Ch.14
Birthday - Ch.15
Tower One - Ch.16
Whiskey and Wine - Ch.17
Black Shirt - Ch.18
Narcissa Malfoy - Ch.19
Work - Ch.20
Granger - Ch.21
Tub - Ch.22
Halloween - Ch.23
November - Ch.24
Viktor Krum - Ch.25
Them - Ch.27
Winter Break - Ch. 28
Dinner (Part 1) - Ch.29
Dinner (Part 2) - Ch.30
Week one - Ch.31
Winter Reunion - Ch.32
Home - Ch.33
The Ball - Ch.34
Christmas (Part 1) - Ch.35
Christmas (Part 2) - Ch.36
Back to Hogwarts - Ch.37
Surprise - Ch.38
Saint Mungos - Ch.39
Us - Ch.40

Jealous - Ch.26

15.6K 298 164
By hh_2000

The next day, they managed to sleep in. The deadly cold remained and that morning, it was snowing as well.

Hermione had taken his side of the bed, sleeping on the left and him on the right. She had her back to his chest, her head resting on the arm he had stretched against the pillows. His other arm was around her waist and his head buried in her hair.

Draco woke up first, having forgotten to close the drapes the night before. He unconsciously pulled Hermione closer to him as he hid his face against her neck, trying to block out the light. She shifted beside him, moving her head when she felt him against her neck.

He stayed there for a minute before his eyes got used to the light, then lifted his head to look at the clock on the bedside table. 11:20.

He glanced down at the hand on her waist, only now realizing she was holding his hand. He rested his head against hers, his eyes not leaving their intertwined fingers.

Though it had been a bit over a month since they began sleeping together, he still found it odd on how comfortable she was around him. On how much she trusted him, even after everything he had done.

It surprised him when her trust managed to infect Ginny Weasley, who was less wary around him. He noticed that now even Potter had stopped staring at him suspiciously. Weasley was still annoyed by his every move, but Brown seemed to tolerate him.

Macmillan had been decent to him whenever they were forced to speak and Lovegood acted like they had been friends for years, acting as though Malfoy Manor hadn't happened.

And maybe it was because of the amount of times he had apologized to her every time he had to drag her out of the dungeons to be tortured. Maybe that had caused Dean Thomas to forgive him as well.

But he hadn't exactly done the same with Hermione. He hadn't apologized enough for what happened at Malfoy Manor. He couldn't bring himself to talk about it. At least not while sober.

He was pulled from his thoughts when Hermione moved again. She had turned onto her other side, her head finding comfort between his shoulder and neck. Her arm was thrown across his waist and the other was between them, her hand on his chest.

At that same moment, there was a knock on the door. "I need help, Malfoy"He heard Theo's voice. Draco groaned and turned his head to glare at the door. Hermione stirred and he used the arm under her head to pull her closer and then covered her ear. "Stupid Nott"Draco huffed as the knocking continued.

He grabbed his wand with the hand on her waist and unlocked the door, having it open slightly. Theo peaked in, and then his gaunt expression changed in an instant. "Well, well, well"He grinned, his eyes drifting over Hermione and him.

"What do you want?" Draco snapped.

"I can come back later-"

"What do you want, you bloody arse?"

Theo pouted and entered the room, closing the door behind him. "Daphne's mad at me"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Well you and Granger fight everyday! And look, now she's all cuddled up to you" Theo said, gesturing to them. "You know, you obviously forgot to mention this"His lips quirked up.

"Lower your voice, you idiot. She's asleep"Draco demanded. "And me and Granger aren't like you and Daph. How the hell did you make her mad?"

Theo's frown returned. "I promised her we'd go on a date last night but I forgot to get permission from McGonagall. And you know how the wards are now, we can't sneak out as much"

"Take her on a date today then?" Draco rolled his eyes. His hand was pressed firmly against Hermione's ear, hoping she wouldn't wake up to Theo's obnoxious voice. He'd never hear the end of it.

"I can't, she already went to Hogsmead with Astoria and Tracey and all their lot"

"You can have a date at noon, Theodore" Draco drawled.

"Yes but-"

"No buts, Nott. Ask McGonagall and go have a date at noon in diagon alley. It's extremely simple"

"It is not! Tracey has convinced her that she shouldn't talk to me until I make this overly romantic date and fuck her the rest of the night!"

Draco scrunched up his nose, "I do not need to know that"

"Malfoy! Help me!"

"Go ask Blaise! He's the romantic one in the group!"

"Blaise is on a 10-hour-something-no-disturbance-Luna-time break. I can not speak to him without... endangering myself" Theo said.

"Why don't you follow Daphne to Hogsmead, ask her out in front of all her friends, and then get her the cherry whiskey she's in love with and go on a little date in your room? It is not hard to think, Theodore"

"You are rude"

"I am when I'm woken up for no reason"

"You were already awake. You're just upset I interrupted you and Granger's cuddling" Theo smirked. "This would've been nice to mention, you know. I could've used this to back up my argument yesterday"

"Mention this to anyone and I will be drinking cherry whiskey with Daphne at your grave" Draco narrowed his eyes. Hermione's hand twitched against his chest.

"You can't stop me. She has you wrapped around her finger, you won't be able to leave for the next 10 minutes. Which is enough time for me to tell everyone"

"Nott" Draco snapped, aiming to sit up when Hermione's arm around his waist pulled him closer. Theo grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Well, aren't you quite the couple? Aw, she's even wearing your clothes again"

"Theodore Nott, you have 5 seconds to leave this room before I tell Daphne that you were the one who broke the balcony door with your obnoxiously large head"

Theo gaped at him and stepped back. "You are rude!"

"Get. Out"

Theo huffed and turned on his heel, storming out of the room but gently shutting the door to not disturb Hermione.

Draco slipped his hand away from Hermione's ear and into her hair, his hand tightening on her waist. He let out a sigh, not having been able to enjoy his morning as he wanted.

"Would you mind explaining why Theo was in our room?"

Her voice was tired and distant, but he didn't find an annoyance in her tone. He glanced down at her and found her eyes still closed.

He hummed in response, his hand rubbing circles against her scalp. "He needs help with Daphne"

"I figured that part out myself, thanks"

He rolled his eyes, "Must you be rude at all times?"

"Must you be clueless? I heard half your conversation and you didn't realize I was awake"

"Well, as you saw, I was preoccupied"

"Mhm" She tucked her head more comfortably under his chin, also attempting to block out the sun. "Close the drapes"

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Manners?"

"You have none"

"I'm not closing them unless-"

"Please" She snapped, pinching his hip.

He smirked but swatted her hand away from his waist, grabbing her by the wrist and holding it against her other hand at his chest. He tugged her closer so she couldn't get her hands free and she pulled her head back to glare at him. "Close them"

He waved his wand, still in his left hand at her waist, and the drapes around their bed were pulled shut. Hermione put her head back where it was and Draco rested his on top of hers. His brows furrowed as his mind wandered.

They weren't about to sleep, he'd gotten an 11 hour rest. But she was still here, cuddled up against him and finding comfort in his body warmth. Why?

Did she do it with everyone? She had spent months with Potter and Weasley alone... maybe she was treating him like how she treated them. That this little comfort and trust they had formed was normal to her. That she did this with everyone. The thought of her with Potter or Weasley... or anyone other than him-

"Malfoy, you're digging your fingers into my hip"

He glanced down at his hand, and indeed, he had a tight grip on her. He flattened his hand and slid it down to her lower back, a little safer if he got lost in his thoughts again.

From her spot at his neck, she could see his hand around her, confused when he attempted to pull her closer than she already was. She wondered if something had happened for him to be this attached. He had let Theo in instead of leaving to talk with him outside. He stayed with her while he was talking to Theo. And he was now cradling her head and was trying to mold her into him.

She wondered if it was alright to ask if something was wrong, but thought maybe it was a bit too personal for them. She pondered on the thought for a minute. She had to try... She pulled her head back, about to ask when there was a knock on their door.

She groaned, dropping her head against his chest. He chuckled and shrugged his shoulder under her. She moved away and he got up, his hands pulling away from her. She sat herself up on her elbows, watching him walk to the door.

He felt her eyes on him and hid a smirk, knowing she was just as attached to him as he was to her. He opened the door and raised an unamused brow at Ginevra Weasley. "May I help you?"

"Theo has said something interesting"Ginny grinned, going up on her toes to look over his shoulder at Hermione. "I'm just checking if he's telling the truth"

Hermione narrowed her eyes at her. "Close the door"

"Hey- hey, no!" Ginny pushed at the door as Draco attempted to close it lazily with his foot. "You've been asleep for hours! I've been stuck with Ron and Lavender since 7 and all they do is... gross. Please, just wake up"

Hermione huffed, turning on her side and muttering something about a few more minutes, and then the drape at the end of the bed drew shut, hiding herself away from view.

"You have 10 minutes, Granger!"Ginny told, turning on her heel and going down the stairs. Draco scoffed and pushed the door closed again with his foot.

She reopened the drapes as he walked to his dresser, grabbing his things before heading out of the room. With one last huff, she reluctantly got up.

-:-:-:-

"So? How is Viktor?"

Hermione glanced over at Parvati, not amused. Ginny grinned and Lavender hid a giggle. Of course, why should she expect lunch to go normal. "I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him"

"Oh come on, it's so sweet he came to visit you"

"He didn't come to visit me. I've told you, he's not my partner"

"Hermione, honestly, we all know now. There's no point lying"Parvati said, rolling her eyes.

Hermione narrowed her eyes but returned to her food. Ginny seemed disappointed, as if she had wanted a fight and Lavender continued her conversation with Ron.

"Why are you still saying it isn't Krum?" Dean asked curiously.

"Because it isn't"

"Then why is Krum here?" Seamus asked.

"Because he and his wife were raided by paparazzi"

This seemed to shock them. Like she hadn't been telling them for days. They stared at her. Dean, Seamus, Parvati, and practically every Gryffindor listening in on their conversation, unashamed.

"He's here... with his wife?" Parvati drawled.

"Yes"

"But you're his wife"

"Parvati-"

"It was announced-"

"Rumoured"

"-on the daily prophet" Parvati finished. "If it's not him, who else would it be?"

"Malfoy" Ginny said.

Hermione snapped her head to look at Ginny, who, surprisingly, was staring behind Hermione, a grin on her face. She turned to look and found Draco behind her, raising an eyebrow at Ginny. He had heard their conversation and understood what Ginny had meant to do by saying his name.

"What?"Hermione questioned, wondering why he was standing behind her.

His gaze shifted to her and she watched him fight off a smirk. "Where are your manners, Granger? I thought we had discussed this this morning"

She glared at him, "What do you want?"

She didn't pay attention to her friends around her. Ginny was interested and sipping her pumpkin juice with a grin. Parvati was glaring at Draco, along with Seamus. Dean rolled his eyes and spoke to Neville quietly. Lavender was not-so-secretly listening in as she ate. Harry scrunched his nose in disgust, hoping he wasn't right about what he had interpreted from his words. Ron was glaring at Draco as well, a tight grip on his fork.

Ginny leaned towards her, muttering "You" in her ear. Harry, who was sitting beside Ginny, heard and groaned, burying his head in his hands. Ginny grinned and patted Harry's knee, raising an eyebrow as Hermione glared her.

"Ginger's correct. I need assistance" Draco smirked, his eyes drifting to Ron.

"I told you not to call me Ginger" Ginny scowled at him.

"You don't listen to what I say" He shrugged as he looked back to Hermione.

"Yes, because I simply don't like you"

"Alright Ginger. I don't see anyone else buying cakes"

"You bought that for Harry"

"But who ate it?"

"Hermione"Ginny smiled as Hermione's glare hardened. Draco's eyebrow raised a notch before scanning over the Gryffindor table, stopping at the great hall doors.

Hermione followed his gaze and instantly found out why he had came. Viktor was at the doors, being raided by a bunch of his fans.

Something fluttered in her chest at that and she hid a knowing grin as she got up. "I'll see you guys in the later then"She said.

"Why're you going with him? What would he need help with?" Seamus asked suspiciously.

"He's head boy... I'm head girl. There's plenty of things that could fall under that category"Hermione drawled.

"But what could it be?"

"Your marks, Finnigan. They're falling dramatically and I offer the choice of a tutor. I've been searching for one that will tolerate you long enough without extra payment"

Hermione spun around to elbow him, eyes wide. Seamus got to his feet and fumbled for his wand. Oh she knew exactly what he was doing. And before she could snap at him, Seamus got his wand up and Draco smirked.

"10 points from Gryffindor for attempted assassination"

The group gaped at him, Ron even getting to his feet. "Assassination?"Hermione questioned.

"Yes. Any curse could lead to death. There for, assassination" He looked so bloody confident.

"Is there a problem?"

Hermione and Draco turned and saw McGonagall behind them. Hermione opened her mouth to speak but Draco beat her to it. "Of course not, Professor, Granger and I just have a few things to deal with. If you don't mind, we'll get going" He told. He stepped around McGonagall before she could answer, his hand coming to her lower back to lead her with him.

She glanced at Ginny, completely bewildered but Ginny only responded with a wink and went back to her food. Hermione huffed and elbowed him again for doing his... scene in front of McGonagall.

He didn't seem effected and didn't move his hand until they reached the door. As they passed Krum, his hand slid farther, now around her waist and pulling her to his side as they passed.

The second they were far enough from Viktor, Hermione pushed him away, grinning. "You're jealous!"

"I am not"

"You appeared the second Viktor did" She smirked.

He raised an eyebrow, "Coincidence"

She scoffed, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You know, you keep risking everyone finding out about us just to be petty- just because you're jealous"

"How exactly? And I am not, Granger"

"Last month with Adrian Pucey. Don't think I didn't notice, Malfoy. When Harry had taken my essay and we were arguing in front of the stairs. You were ready to risk everything because he looked at me for too long"

He scowled, "I did no such thing-"

"Then again with Viktor. Ever since the daily prophet, you've made it your job to be with me at the library whenever you can" She said, leaning back against the wall behind her. She had her arms crossed across her chest and looked too proud for her own good.

Draco glared at her, unconsciously taking a step forward as he opened his mouth.

"And with what happened in the great hall yesterday? Even McGonagall noticed-!"

He was suddenly in front of her, hands by her head. Her taunting smirk fell as his own spread across his face. He spoke quietly. "Maybe I want everyone to know, Granger"

-:-:-:-

"You ditched us yesterday" Adrian said.

"Second time this month, Malfoy" Gavin Pike added.

Draco scoffed as he closed the doors of the room of requirements behind him. "You could've searched if it mattered that much" He said, walking to their beloved whiskey table.

"Tracey did. Came back an hour later in tears"Blaise smirked, knowing exactly who Draco had ditched them for. "Care to explain why you came to the tower near midnight, Draco?"

Draco's hand paused on the bottle of whiskey he was reaching for. He hadn't had a portkey to return them to Hogwarts and had to floo back with Hermione through McGonagall's office. But he was sure that the common room was empty when they returned. Draco cleared his throat, realizing he had been quiet for too long. "I was busy"

"I could see" He grinned, "with what exactly?"

Draco tossed a glare at Blaise, "I believe you know"

"But we don't"Adrian piped in. "Care to tell us, Drakey?" Theo asked, a knowing smirk on his face.

"Don't call me that"Draco scowled. "And no, I don't have to explain myself to you lot"

"You do when you're crashing our common room in the middle of the night" Ah, their lie.

Draco poured himself a glass, cursing Blaise as he walked toward their seating arrangement. He sat in one of the faded brown armchair before speaking. "I was checking out the Malfoy apartment"Draco stated, glaring at Blaise.

Blaise's smirk was knocked off. "What?" He questioned. "The one with the portraits of your bloody ancestors? The ones that scream murder at night?"

"I got rid of them two weeks ago"Draco shrugged, somewhat glad he had gotten Blaise's attention somewhere else.

"You're planning on living there?" Theo asked.

"It's... unique"He made up.

Unfortunately, Blaise's eyes lit up and he grinned. "Oh? I must say, the location is unique"

Fuck. Theo squealed. "Blaise, you wouldn't believe what I walked in on this morning-!"

Draco had his wand out in a second and silenced Theo instantly, his cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink. "I will drag you into the depths of hell, Theodore" Draco snapped.

Blaise sat up straight in his seat, Adrian, Pike, Graham Montague, Miles Bletchley and Noah Urquhart following. Fucking Nosey bastards.

"Malfoy, undo that spell" Blaise demanded, a mad grin on his face.

"No."

"Do it"

"Or what?"

"Or I'll go interrogate her myself"

Draco's glare switched from Theo to Blaise. "I'll break your arm and send it to Lovegood as a gift"

Theo snuck his wand out of his pocket and wordlessly casted the counter-curse. "They're so fucking adorable-"

Draco leapt out of his chair, grabbing Theo by the head and slapping a hand over his mouth. But Blaise had gotten the damned idea into his head and had burst out of his seat.

He was grinning from ear to ear, cheering soundlessly as he threw his arms around in the air. The other 5 in the room were confused but even more eager to find out who their friend had gotten.

Theo tried to wrestle Draco off but it was no use. "I'm going to kill you"Draco promised him, glaring at Blaise as he bounced around the room.

Blaise snapped his head toward them and rushed over. He grabbed Draco's hand and attempted to get Theo's mouth free but Draco only raised his leg and kicked him. Blaise didn't so much as flinch as he kept tugging at Draco's hand. Theo was struggling to breathe now.

And that was how Hermione Fricking Granger found them.

They didn't even notice her until Adrian cleared his throat. They all paused and turned to look where Adrian was staring. Blaise froze. Draco froze. And Theo waved.

Hermione blinked and turned her head to face Blaise. "Your mother sent Luna a howler and now Luna won't leave her room"

Blaise visibly paled and his arms dropped to his sides. "What'd she say?"

"Luna went to her room before we could hear anything other than the name. She won't open the door and we've been trying to talk to her for at least 10 minutes now" She told.

Blaise was already grabbing his things before she finished, thanking her as he sped out of the room. She then turned to Theo, and her pitied expression hardened. "Daphne is looking for you and 'demands' you get back to the tower before she breaks you into bits"

Theo pried Draco's hand away and grinned at her. "Apologies for waking you, Granger"He said as he stood. He waltzed past her, winking as he opened the door. She elbowed him in the arm and walked in front of him. He threw a smirk at Draco and then followed after her.

And, for fucks sake, it would be the last thing Draco would think of to leave Theodore Nott alone with Hermione. Nott didn't look like it but he was certainly a gossip and would end up interrogating Hermione for the sake of it.

"It surprises me how many times she's stumbled upon us and never questioned anything" Noah Urquhart said.

"Why don't we find out?" Adrian smirked, standing up from his seat. He wobbled slightly, having had a few drinks before Draco arrived.

Draco stood, shaking his head. "You're going to fall on your face before you leave the room. I'll go- and I'll see what happened with Lovegood too. And Daphne" He excused.

He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. He took the only route to their tower and saw them half way there. Hermione was glaring at Theo and he was grinning.

"There's nothing"

"There is"

"Liar"

Theo scoffed. "Seriously Granger, if Potter's blind, I don't know what to call you"

Hermione's fist struck his arm, "You Slytherins really have no remorse when it comes to Harry! Especially when you pick on his eyesight"

"I take it Draco's mentioned him as well?"Theo smirked. "What do you and Draco do during all those hours trapped in your room? For people who fight everyday, you seem quite close, if what I saw this morning meant anything"

"Nott"Draco snapped.

Theo spun around and his grin was wicked. "Good day, Lovebirds" He whistled before sprinting off, leaving them alone in the corridor.

Hermione glared at Theo's back until he turned the corner. Bloody git. She had been trying to keep some distance between her and Draco after that morning. She had bickered with him for a few minutes before she slipped up with her words.

She didn't even remember what she had said but he had paused at her words. She knew it had to be something important and couldn't understand why she couldn't remember. His face- his eyes had twisted with emotions. And then he was leaning in and just as she had tilted her head up, they heard voices and sprung apart. It had been Seamus, Harry and Dean.

She didn't want to discuss it, not until she remembered what she had said. And maybe she had been too focused on his lips to actually listen to what she had said.

Hermione glanced behind her when she heard him walk over. He wouldn't talk about it. He hadn't when the same thing had happened at her parents house.

His eyes were on her as he walked closer. "How did you know where to find them?"He asked, slightly suspicious to why she hadn't reported them. She had walked in on them drinking more than once, according to Blaise.

"They always meet there. Blaise tried to get me to go last month"She answered softly.

Little shit. Of course he would. "And you haven't reported them?"

She raised an eyebrow, "We do the exact same thing in the tower. I can't report them for something I do myself"

He paused. Her response didn't satisfy him. "You can report them for using the room of requirements. You know you can. McGonagall has put that off limits"

She sighed, turning away and beginning to walk back to their tower. "I use the room of requirements from time to time" She shrugged, aware he was following behind her.

"But you don't like them" He stated. "You have the right to get them into trouble"

Hermione scoffed. "I'm not like you, Malfoy. I don't give everyone I don't like a detention and hope McGonagall doesn't find out"

He didn't drop the topic. They bickered the whole way back to the common room but had the decency to stop as they entered their tower.

Everyone was sitting in the common room, other than Luna and Blaise. "Did you figure out what happened?" Hermione asked as she walked closer.

Harry blinked very slowly before turning his head to look at her. "I am so confused"

That seemed to wake the rest up.

"She didn't have to send a bloody howler-"

"Why would she send it to Luna-"

"It's so stupid-"

"Got us worked up for absolutely nothing-"

"Stop"

They silenced themselves. They went quiet in a second. Hermione glanced back at Draco, slightly fascinated at the power in his voice.

Ginny spoke before Draco could question anything. "Zabini's mother is only upset because he wouldn't answer her letters and wouldn't visit again with Luna"

Draco's jaw went slack, wondering if this was the same woman he had known all his life. "She likes Lovegood?"

Hermione elbowed him sharply, tossing a glare over her shoulder. "She sent a howler because Blaise doesn't answer her?"

"Yup"Ginny sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. She dropped her hands to dangle by her knees, shaking her head.

"I agree with Draco"

They all turned to stare at Theo, most glaring. "Look, Lovegood isn't bad- she's nice to be around. But Mrs.Zabini liking her? Liking anyone? It's... surprising" He shrugged.

Pansy cleared her throat and sat up straight, bringing the attention to her. "Um. My father as well... has done something surprising. And I think they're ganging in on us"

"What?"Daphne questioned, furrowing her brows. "You think they're plotting something?"

"Do you believe that my father would randomly stop trying to get N- Longbottom killed and accept it?" Pansy asked. She turned to look at Astoria. "and are your parents still protesting about you and Macmillan?"

She rounded on Draco and Hermione next. "If I know your parents, I know they aren't going to stay quiet. Especially Lucius. There is something going on in their minds"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 25.4K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
211K 7.3K 42
Five years after the war, Draco and Hermione meet by chance as she wanders into a French vineyard just hoping to re-live a trip she took there with h...
486K 12.1K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...
139K 4.2K 35
This is a sequel to Wrong Number (You can read this book without reading it but you may not understand all the references) 5 years after graduation...