Pasoori

By alnaffs

| • 𝙈𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 - 𝙏𝙤 𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙪𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 • | - Serina Ban... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 9

410 28 36
By alnaffs

I have changed the book's cover. I just want to ask.. is it better now? Or before? // thank you for reading 🙏

Recap :

Not another second went by before the weak girl who sat with her body stiff and frail, fell to the ground as her eyes rolled to the back of her head. The double oak doors of her safe haven blew open with the blunt force of someone's shoe as the notorious man stepped in with full rage.

//

HE was furious and beyond common sense at this point, she cowardly hid in her room, as he banged harshly on her doors continuously. After having had enough of getting no response he took some calm steps back before lifting his left leg, and thrusted his large foot against the strong doors. They didn't budge even after the extensive force he applied so Dawar plunged against the poor door again and again with his hard shoe, unaware that the poor girl sat right behind them. One after the other, the attacks become more menacing when suddenly one shove was so hard that the doors lock broke and they went flying open. Dawar fuming with rage entered her room as he ferociously ran his eyes from one corner to the other but found her no where, suddenly his eyes fell on the floor and he found her on her stomach fallen and pretty much unconscious.

Without another thought, worry took over his senses and he quickly squatted using his big calloused hands to turn her over. Her eyes were shut and face pallid with her lips turning purple. Her body temperature was below normal as he furiously tried to wake her up by tapping her arms and gently shaking her shoulders. She gave no response and Dawar had no other option but to pick her up in his arms and lay her on the bed. He found a jug of water on her side table so he poured some in his hands and sprinkled it on her face. She blinked her eyes a few times when suddenly her eyes opened lazily. Her face  colour was pale as her eyes seemed blood shot.

Dawar took a back seat and stood a few feet away giving her a few minutes to regain conscious. He was confused why she had lost it in the first place. Was she really that scared of him? She looked around her room left and right as if lost and not able to comprehend her current situation.

"You fainted", he bellowed, sitting on a seat beside her. Her eyes crashed towards his and they widened noticeably. She instantly sat straight but her head was probably spinning which caused her to fall back on her bed. Before her head could bash against the wooden bed frame Dawar ran to her aid and supported her frame with his arms. He gently placed her against the head board and sat back down. "I didn't mean to scare you", he tried to justify. He stared at her, an almost disquieted look on his face. Serina gazed back at him silently with expressionless eyes. Her hands though, we're quivering violently which gave away her façade. Everything now seemed to be a question to him... why had she fainted?, why did she look so afraid of him? And most importantly why does he feel like the bad guy?

"Nobody ever means to", she whispered quietly. Her eyes stared at the bedsheet which had such intricacies that her mind became occupied with tracing them. "But seriously, why did you run from the library?", he asked calmly, in such a soft tone that it left her bewildered for a few moments. Was he the same guy who had just chased her up here a few moments ago? "Because I thought..", she stopped. Trying to gauge his reaction. Was it reasonable enough to tell him that she was afraid he would physically assault her? "What?", he impatiently asked. His foot which had just committed a grave act was no tapping on the marble floor of her bedroom. "I thought", she stopped, gathering strength again. "I thought you were about to punch me in the face", she flatly let out without hesitation the second time. He stared at her wide eyed in response. She noticed the growing anger surging though his orbs and her heart picked up speed. "Why?", he asked. So calm.. so gentle... even him being gentle with her seemed to be a red flag. Like red sirens everywhere shouting at her too take a run yet again. "I don't know", she honestly told him in a low voice. Serina wished in that moment that she hadn't admitted to why she ran from there. He could have thought anything it wouldn't concern her.

"You think so lowly of me?" He asked. His tone etched of hurt and Serina had the biggest urge to roll her eyes but refrained from doing so. If she actually told him how lowly she thought of him, he'd commit Suicide. "No, it's just you looked so angry that-"

"That I'd Hit a woman?", he asked. Disbelief painted in vibrant Colours across his face. She quickly shook her head. "N..no, I didn't mean that", she did. But what would she say to him? "Then what did you mean?", he was pushing her buttons now. She remained silent at this question, thinking better to not answer to any of his questions than rather answer, because she found herself in a worse situation after she answered in comparison to when she didn't. "Than what do you mean Serina?", he asked this time up in her face. She visibly trembled, as her heart exploded, she was bound to get a heart attack soon.

The fuming man took a step back. "You know what?", he paused. His dirty eyes roamed all across her face and by God she had never felt this uncomfortable. His eyes drank in every one of her features from hairline to jawline everything. "I think I would have!", he silently said. This caused Serina to snap her head up and stare at him with disbelief. "You fucking cunt", Dawar was biting his teeth and his jaw was clenched. What pained more were his words which caused a pang in serina's chest. "No", was all she could muster as she shook her head in denial. Before she was merely confused. But now this man had confirmed everything.

"Oh yes. Yes I would. Because I don't like women who pry into men's business", he said with a wicked smile, his hands going doing something. She furrowed her brows in confusion, when her eyes took in what he was doing.

He was undoing his belt.

Her heart stopped. Her crazy erratic heart was not beating. Her stomach had dropped to it's pit as her legs felt like jelly. "Wh-what are you doing?", she asked trembling. "Nah, don't worry. I won't try anything on you... yet". He stopped to study her reaction. His grin widened probably because he was satisfied by her reaction. "I just want to tell you what you get for prying into my conversations", he rasped. "I.. I wasn't I swear", she rushed quickly but he was in no mood to listen. " I want what's best for you love". He had said the last word like acid in a sickening tone. She felt so bad, a really awful feeling was creeping up inside her and she knew either of the two things would happen today.

Either he'd slash her with his belt or he would rape her.

And she didn't know which one she preferred. He took slow steps towards her and Serina completely froze. Giving no response at all, this didn't stop him though, as he continued taking those agonisingly slow strides. Suddenly he was all up in her face looking down at her with a menacing look. His eyes screeched of evil and Serina didn't know how her breaths were still intact. Out of pure instinct she lifted her left knee up and shoved it against his shin making him momentarily freeze. This gave her time as she quickly scrambled out of her bed and out her room. Not before picking up her shawl. She needed that dammed shawl cause she was leaving this whole dammed mansion.

His heavy footsteps could be heard behind her as she hastily made her way to the mansion's entrance. Wrapping her shawl around her body in the process it slowed her down which made him even closer. All she could think of was where all the house maids had gone in time of need? Her quickening pace and his treading footsteps one after the other caused her breathing to heighten as she furiously tried to Make it to the front gate. The big brown doors came into view and a silent sigh escaped her lips. She knew he was so close, but all she needed to do was get to the gates. That's all. The gate was further and Dawar was closer. Serina didn't know what to do, her pace was only slowing down for God knows what reason but the door was coming closer and closer. Soon it was just at arms length when suddenly the doors handle was in her reach. She jingled it open but it wasn't opening and she felt her feet give away any second. He was in the courtyard now and the scenes from the afternoon played through her mind. Tension filled her brain when suddenly the doors opened and she rushed out bashing them behind her.

Once in the free air she began to sprint. He would definitely catch up but that wasn't something she needed to worry about. Her strides had taken over her mind to the point nothing in her line of vision was visible to her. Her hair whipped before her when Suddenly a strong body collided with hers and two arms instantly shot to grab her elbows to steady her. Serina looked up and who she saw was the last person she'd think she'd run into outside her house.

"Serina? Are you okay?".

Whatever his parents had told him wasn't settling right with him. He had this weird sense of unsettling feeling in his chest and Faris just wished to brush it off, but in all honesty he couldn't, as he sat in his office chair, all decked up in his suit with his specks complimenting his face making him look like the business tech he was. He sported nothing else other than a loosely made hairstyle which looked messy right now as he had apparently brushed his hands though then multiple times. He took of his specks after he had read what the document had said and set them to a side.

Whatever was happening right now made no sense to him as his mind was busy else where. He looked out his office room window, the sun was just about to set making the sky the object of the hour. Everyone probably leaving all chores to simply gaze at how it would transform into its hues and do something which no other creation of God has.

He also stared at the sinking sun, hopelessly and utterly dismal. His heart felt heavy in his chest and he didn't know what to do with it. The only thing constantly running through his mind was his mother's forlorn words and his father's melancholic eyes. "Usko bacha lo Faris", she had said with pain erupting in everyone of her veins. After his little chat which his parents he immediately rushed to his office to rid his mind of any intrusive thought and to offer his brain else where, but that seemed impossible at the moment. He gave up all work and shut of his laptop.

Getting up from his chair he made his way out his office building and finally back home. He was done being so worried and uptight about nothing, he'd simply go back home and take a stress relief tablet, or drink a hot cup of tea in this chilly weather. He didn't know, all he knew was that he had to think of calming things in order to rid his mind of the hurricane that awaited its turn to take over his thoughts.

He drove along the busy streets of his city and his mind wandering to places he wished didn't. The familiar route to his house came in view, but something just wasn't letting him take that route. He didn't know what, or why? All he knew that he needed to switch routes and in an instant steer of the steering wheel he was going the opposite direction. To a place where he hadn't been in a really really long time.

The Daudzai haveli.

Certain memories with a certain someone rushed to his brain as he quietly drove alongside the familiar path. The sun was down but the sky was yet to go dark. A lone road came into view which lead to the mansion who's residents he despised. Yet somehow he had come here. He Parked his car at the front of their drive way, making it accessible to rev out whenever he needed. Being in the enemies house did that to you.

He quickly got out, and took fast paced steps towards the house. He felt jittery for some reason he was unaware. Suddenly his eyes caught a female figure running out of the house. If he hadn't seen the colour of her hair a thousand times he wouldn't have recognised her. But he did, because that girl had such a unique hair colour which was engraved in his head since they were children. He quickly made his way upto her and she bumped into him. Her body was shaking and so cold. He understood in that moment that something wasn't right.

"Serina... are you okay?", he asked in a rushed tone. Her hair were covering her face from his view which made it hard for him to read her expression. He knew she had seen him tho and was now looking up at him. A sigh escaped her lips and he didn't understand, in relief of what?

He quickly brushed her hair away from her face and her angelic face finally came into his view.

She hadn't changed

Was his first thought, but as he looked closer and closer he noticed that she had. She had grown up, but still the hint of youth was still present. Although her current state looked very Poorly, her clothes rumpled, her hair down and her eyes glassy. His brows furrowed as she didn't respond and he realised her lips were quivering so much she was unbale to form any coherent sentences. "What has gotten you like this?", he asked knowing she wouldn't be able to respond but still. The ache in his heart increased. Suddenly a commotion resounded and his head shot up. The whimpering girl clutched his jacket and pushed close to him. His heart roared with an unknown feeling but what angered him was an angry looking Dawar taking long steps towards her. Like a predator to its prey. Fairs quickly pushed Serina behind him as he shielded her from his view. Dawar caught sight of him and he growled louder.

"Oh this is getting worse by the second"his nostrils flared. They stood a few feet apart and Dawar knew he couldn't take any more steps further because this was Faris they were talking about "nice to meet you Dawar", He bit but at that moment even a blind man could tell that Faris felt anything but nice. His intuition had been correct and he didn't know whether to be happy about it or desolate. "What are you doing here... in MY house", Dawar spat and Faris studied the renowned business man for a second. His hair disheveled his shirt not tucked, bare feet. What made him enraged though was noticing the belt hanging loosely form his hand. Faris took a daring step towards him still keeping a protective hand on serina's back. "I came to check up. But seems like you were having a different circus", he grit his teeth. Faris felt Serina flinch behind him from his harsh tone which made him bite back another remark he had in store. "Give her back Faris", Dawar warned with clenched teeth as tho it were a task in itself to ask for the indignified girl back. "No", Faris bit but in a much lower tone.

"Faris", Dawar exhorted but Faris didn't seem phased by any of it. "What?", he asked almost impatiently. "This is my personal Matter. You better stay out of it" Dawar had gotten close but due to their hight it seemed they were closer than they actually were. "Really? It doesn't seem like a personal matter to me. To me it seems like a case of harassment", Faris said In a matter of fact tone. "Oh don't act like your any bette than me. I know it was you behind the cancellation of my shipping", he mocked and then accused. Which in turn made a wide grip appear on Faris's face. Dawar lunged at him but was too slow as Faris ducked alongside Serina with a swift movement. "I was always better at martial arts, Dawar", Faris mocked proudly as he dodged attacks one after the other. "Not anymore" Dawar plunged deeply this time, bruising Faris's face. A big gash cut its way through his cheek but before he could think of anything another loud sound resonated but this time he didn't feel the impact of the hit.

Faris quickly positioned himself for the jab, but instead saw Serina holding a huge flower pot in her hands, smashing it against Dawar's head. "He'll be knocked out for a while. We need to go before he gets up" she hastily informed, with her wide eyes and quivering hands. Dawar's unconscious body lay on the ground all because Serina had quietly creeped away from their little combat and had been the smart one in the situation even though she was baring most of the wrath. Faris rose his brows appreciatively as he studied serina's stance. Without another second he grabbed her hand and took quick and calculated steps towards his car. He didn't know what he was doing or where he was taking her, all he knew was that she needed assistance and he was here for her.

As they sat in his jeep, the quite atmosphere was full of tension as Serina could sense that Faris was confused. She didn't say anything but just sat quietly staring outside her windshield. She wasn't in the state of answering and thankfully he wasn't prying. Although if he did she wouldn't mind opening up, it's just her current state wasn't conscious enough to inform him about the current situation. They drove across the busy roads, an awkward silence erupting between them. She fidgeted with her hands her eyes now downcast, praying he asked her at least something to demolish the awkward silence but he remained hushed. "I", she began but stopped right after. She didn't know what to verbalise yet there was so much for her to say. Not knowing what to do, she did the only thing she was best at. "I'm sorry",

She apologised.

His head swivelled in her direction to take in her expression before he had to turn back to look at the road. "For what?", he asked confused. This girl couldn't be serious if she was asking for an apology for God knows what. "For putting you in difficulty?", she asked him precariously, because maybe that wasn't why she needed to say sorry and maybe this was a test from his side and if she responded with a different answer she'd get punished. He shook his head exasperated. Serina fumbled, afraid that her answer was probably wrong and it was something else she needed to say sorry for. "Umm... for making you help me?", she asked him again with uncertainty. She was on the edge of her seat, and had another answer formulated in her brain for if he shook his head again.

The car suddenly halted at all he curb of the road and Serina furrowed her brows. Worry Suddenly overcame her sense. He couldn't possibly be angry on her for merely answering wrong to a question. But now she really did think that People could get angry with a mere word. Faris took a good look at her, and noticed her squirming beneath his gaze, he himself felt uncomfortable the way no words formulated from his mouth. He was just too stunned to.

"Serina", he began in a gentle voice. "You don't have to say sorry for anything. Whatever I did was my own will, and I should be saying sorry for not coming earlier", he said ruffling his hair, even though he knew that even now he had come from mere intuition and this had merely been a coincidence. He sighed when he noticed her wide eyes staring back at him curiously. Her head tilted to the left slightly as if The man sat before her was a mystery she needed to solve. He sat there underneath her inquisitive gaze letting her calm down. "You shouldn't be having to say sorry, for getting help against someone abusive", he told her with a low tone. He knew if it weren't her sitting before him, he would never have spoken in such a soft tone. Faris was surprised how tears weren't gushing down her eyes and how calm she had gotten in the span of mere minutes. He didn't know whether this was something to be happy about or worried.

"Thank you for being there", that was all she responded with and he gave her a curt nod. After that he began his vehicle again but realised the way he stared at her mere minutes ago wasn't healthy and he needed to keep his gaze away from her face. There was a reason she wore niqaab. He realised now.

The rest of the journey was spent in silence as neither of them knew what to utter to the other. Both were lost in their own thoughts.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 2.5K 44
#2 in the desi medical romance series He couldn't get over his ex-fiancé who had unceremoniously broken off their engagement just five days before th...
517K 20.6K 31
A collection of short stories which are cliches, euphoric, dark, crazy and what not. Make yourself comfortable and share this gamut of emotions with...
9.4K 652 26
""Back at the temple, I wore my favorite kurti. We both bowed to the God in front of us. Suddenly, my dupatta got too close to the flame! But he save...