Much More

By Zuu_47

The story continues after Geralt's and Yennefer's wedding 7 years later. Their lifestyle has changed which me... More

Reunion
Life
Tavern
Celebration
Again
Stranger
Hire
Clues
Friendship
Betrayal ~ part 1
Betrayal ~ part 2
Mistake
You & I
Back to normal
The past
New Wolf
Denial
Treasure ~ part 1
Treasure ~ part 2
The way out
Found something
Having fun
Drunken night
Consequences
Wakes
Raven
Journey - part 1

Quite an entrance

88 2 0
By Zuu_47

PHILIPPA'S HOUSE - Oxenfurt

"Can I go with you?" Jaskier said with excitement.
"No." Geralt stated. A week passed since Philippa came to visit them. Geralt fully recovered and Ciri and Gabriel got all the details they needed about Elf's ruins from Yarpen. They were in the dining room and almost ready to go. They were just waiting for Yennefer when she will come back from her lesson on Oxenfurt's university.
"Why not?" Jaskier frowned.
"Because it's you Jaskier and I don't have time for saving your ass." Geralt answered calmly.
"I think you should take him with you Geralt. We can finally get rid of him, we shouldn't pass this opportunity." Lambert smiled and drank his beer while he was sitting to the table.
"Why do you think I wouldn't make it alive from there?" Jaskier was offended.
"Look bard, I'm not that drunk that I wouldn't be thinking clear. Only putting you on the horse's back it's one hundred percent chance that you will fall off and hit just one stone laying on the ground with your head, which in your case means you're dead.." Lambert burped. "And letting you go into old unknown ruins full of monsters.. I can start digging your grave right know." Lambert laughed.
"Thank you for your lovely imagination but I would like to spend here some more years so I can make them miserable for you." Jaskier faked his smile.
"You don't know how to have fun Jaskier.." Lambert was teasing him. Jaskier gave him angry look.
"Oh, and you don't know how.." Geralt interrupted the bard.
"I wonder why you don't want to go with us Lambert?" Geralt changed the topic before Lambert would twisted Jaskier's neck because he would definitely lost his nerves very soon. Everybody lose their nerves with Jaskier.
"Well, somebody needs to take care of this house and your little son who still needs babysitting." Lambert smirked.
"Eskel can do it as well." Geralt added.

"Maybe I decided to help him for once." Lambert faked his smile.
"No, I still don't buy it. I know you wouldn't miss this kind of adventure. You like the danger, that's why I'm confused you wouldn't sign as first.." Geralt looked at him suspicious.
"What a about I have enough of hiding and running? I really don't need to go on another suicide mission where I don't know what to expect. I'm tired of it. Satisfied?" Lambert said strictly. Geralt got surprised. He didn't know that Lambert feel this way.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know about it." Geralt told him honestly.
"I don't need your pity Geralt." Lambert retorted.
"I didn't ask you to be here." Geralt said calmly.
"No, of course you didn't. But if I wouldn't be here you would tell me that I don't care about our family at all, that I'm selfish.." Lambert started to be irritated.
"That's not true, you know that." Geralt looked at him sadly.
"Every time I'm with you Geralt something fucks up.. I don't want to cause more problems." Lambert looked straight to his eyes. Geralt stood up from his chair and came to him.
"You're my brother, every problem of yours is my problem. I'm gonna cover your back even if you would end up in the greatest shit of all. I don't care, I'm gonna always be here for you my brother." Geralt made it clear and offered him his hand to stand up.
"Through thick and thin?" Lambert looked at him unsure.
"Through thick and thin." Geralt nodded and smiled at him. Lambert then grabbed his hand and Geralt helped him to stand up.
"Oh'God.. I hate when you make me emotional, witcher." Lambert said with laughing then wrapped his arms around Geralt and petted his back.
"And I hate when you make scenes for no reason.." Geralt laughed.
"I've learned it from your wife." Lambert was teasing him. They pulled from each other.
"Hey, I'm glad we're good for now, do not make me to take it back." Geralt laughed. He was honest. Suddenly they heard steps.
"I'm here, we can go." Yennefer smiled when she appeared on the doorstep.
"You're just in time." Geralt smiled at her kindly. She then noticed it.
"What did I miss that his whole face is wet from the tears?" Yennefer raised her eyebrows and pointed on the bard with her finger. In that moment Geralt and Lambert looked at him confused. They didn't noticed it at all.
"Not much.. just a little family drama." Jaskier sniffed and tried to smile.

"Jahve watch also your left side." Eskel commanded him. They were on the garden behind the house.
"I'm trying." Jahve answered honestly and moved away just in time from hit of Ciri's wooden sword. Then he repelled quick following hits from Ciri. She's offered herself to help them with training.
"You're not trying enough." Ciri made a fox's smile and managed to hit Jahve's hand where he was holding his sword.
"Ouch.." Jahve let down his sword because of strong pain in his hand.
"You've lost little brother." Ciri winked at him.
"You're cheating." Jahve frowned.
"No, I'm not. I'm just preparing you on unfair fights. Believe me when it's about life and death situations, nobody fights fair." she explained.
"But.." Jahve wanted to protest. He turned to the witcher. "Uncle Eskel.. tell her something. She's.." Eskel interrupted him.
"She's right Jahve." Eskel laughed. "Come here, you must drink water too." he offered him a glass with fresh water. Jahve didn't protest this time and went towards Eskel.
Ciri turned around because of some noise. She noticed him. He must been standing there the whole time while they were training. But she didn't care, especially when it was about Gabriel. She turned again to Jahve and Eskel and pretended that she didn't see him.
"So, young man can we continue?" Eskel told him and in that moment he hit him with wooden sword but Jahve managed to repelled it.
"Very good." Eskel told him proudly. They continued in fighting.
Ciri stood up further from them and started watching them. She smiled because she could see that Jahve was enjoying this a lot. She was proud of him.

"Ciri.." well known voice called on her.
"Matt?" she said confused and then she turned to him to see if it was really him. She smiled. It was him. He came towards her.
"Matt.." she gave him a honest smile.
"Hi.." Matthew smiled back. He leaned to her and was ready to kiss her on her lips but in this moment she moved her face away and he only kissed her on cheek. Matthew gave her confused look.
"I.." she realized what she did. "I.. missed you." Ciri murmured and immediately hugged him to cover that embarrassing moment. She didn't know why she did it. She's never done it before.
They pulled away from each other.
"Ahm.. what are you doing here?" Ciri gave him surprised look and she was trying to act normally.
"I wanted surprise you and I haven't seen you for a while, so.." Matthew smiled and caressed her face. "And you look beautiful." he gave her kiss on her lips. This time she didn't manage to pull away but she knew her mind wanted to do it. She was feeling really uncomfortable because of this. She looked on the place when she saw Gabriel standing before but he wasn't there anymore. She looked at Matthew again.
"I'm really happy that you're here." Ciri was trying to smile and then she softly touched his face. This time she enjoyed touching his skin.
"Me too." Matthew answered honestly and then kissed her passionately. She returned the kiss. She almost felt butterflies in her stomach.
But her mind was still racing. She couldn't feel comfortable until Gabriel left. What dump effect that guy has on her?
"Ciri we're leaving! Come." Yennefer interrupted her from her thoughts.
"Going somewhere?" Matt smiled at her.
"I'll explain everything later. I promise." Ciri smiled. She could already feel excitement in her veins.
"I think we should go. They're waiting on us." Gabriel appeared from nowhere next to them. Ciri didn't even noticed him but this wasn't the biggest problem.
"Where did you get that horse?" Ciri gave him angry look. Gabriel was sitting on beautiful black horse.
"What horse?" Gabriel said calmly.
"God damn it, why I am even trying.." Ciri rolled her eyes.
"I'm sorry, we haven't had a chance to introduce each other but who are you?" Matthew gave him a confused look.
"Well, that is a question which I would like know an answer too." Gabriel made a cocky smile. Ciri shaked her head because of his smile but she also couldn't unnoticed it either. He again meant something more with his words.

SOMEWHERE ON THE PATH - Redania

"How far from now?" Yennefer asked Geralt while they were going on horses.
"Just couple of minutes." Geralt said calmly.
"Can't wait." she said sarcastically.
"What about more excitement?" Geralt was teasing her.
"I don't like when I don't know what to expect." Yennefer frowned.
"Well, I feel that way all the time when I'm with you." Geralt was honest.
"I beg your pardon witcher." she hit him strongly into his arm.
"Hey, that hurt." Geralt frowned and caressed his arm with his hand to erase the pain.
"Oh, c'mon, you fight with the scariest monsters but my hit is too much for you?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow. In her eyes were amusement.
"No monster is hitting me from love.." Geralt said seductively and gave her pure smile.
"Thanks God." Yennefer shaked her head and laughed. They both looked at each other in love.
Ciri smiled under her nose. She adored how they can be teasing and loving each other at the same time.
"Why are you smiling?" Gabriel took her off from her thoughts. They were riding on horses right behind them.
"It was nothing." she answered quickly.
"They have really interesting relationship." Gabriel admitted.
"Yes, they have.." she gave him confused look. She wanted to ask him something about his family but he started riding faster and went more forward. She shaked her head. She didn't understand him at all.

After couple of minutes they came to the place. There were big old ruins in the middle of the meadow which was surrounded by forest.
"So, those are the famous Elven's ruins?" Yennefer jumped down from horse. The others did the same.
"It should be.. if the map is correct." Geralt explained.
"I expected something more.." Yennefer said a bit disappointed.
"I like it." Ciri said honestly and went to look closer on the ruins. The ruins were creating the circle and in the middle of this circle were quite preserve stairs which lead to some altar covered with old runes.
"Ciri, wait. We don't know what to expect from this place." Yennefer warned her.
"Somebody should find out first, right?" Ciri told her calmly without looking at them and continued to the stairs.
"Geralt, you promised me something." Yennefer gave him angry look.
"I know, but I can't bind her so she wouldn't go there. I can't protect her like that." Geralt was defending himself.
"Then do something else." Yennefer commanded him. Geralt rolled his eyes and went after Ciri. Yennefer decided to look around on ruins in the circle.
Ciri put her foot on the first stair when someone jumped in front of her. She immediately raised her sword and was ready to hit.
"Hey.. it's me!" Gabriel put his hands instinctively in front of him.
"Really?" Ciri sighed.
"What? I'm having some fun." Gabriel laughed.
"It wouldn't been so funny if I cut your head accidentally." Ciri was serious.
"Then I'm glad you're not making any mistakes Cirilla." Gabriel told her calmly.
"It's a pity I didn't this time." Ciri said sarcastically.
"Good reflex by the way." he gave her a cocky smile. Ciri rolled her eyes and went to the altar. He followed her. Ciri started looking at the runes on the altar. The runes surprised her because she recognized them.
"What do you think?" Geralt asked her when he appeared next to her.
"I saw them once. I was reading a book with Vesemir about Elf's prophecies." Ciri explained.
"Do you remember something what was written about them?" Geralt looked at her.
"Not exactly, I only remember meaning of these." she pointed on one line of runes.
"In amore omnia possibillia sunt.." Ciri read them loud.
"What does it mean?" Geralt asked her.
"With love everything is possible." Ciri and Gabriel said at the same time. Then they looked confused at each other.
"How did you know it?" Ciri was surprised and confused at the same time.
"I also read books." Gabriel smirked. The tension between them could be cutting. Geralt just smiled. So young, so blind, he thought.

"Did you find a treasure?" Yennefer returned to them and stood up next to Geralt. He turned to her.
"Yes, it came to me now." Geralt whispered to her ear.
"Geralt.. I'm serious." Yennefer smiled at him.
"Me too." he laughed and kissed her on her lips.
"Do you recognize those runes?" Geralt asked her when they pulled from each other. Yennefer came closer to the altar and she started reading them loud.
"May Ye All Wail, for the Destroyer of Nations is upon us. Your lands shall they trample and divide with rope. Your cities razed shall be, their dwellers expelled. The bat, owl and raven your homes shall infest, and the serpent will therein make its nest..
If our brothers will fall, never forget to revenge, never forget there is power in clamp, never forget with love everything is possible." Yennefer told them.
"Elder Elven's prophecies.." Geralt said thoughtfully.
"And very old ones." Yennefer added.
"That means this had to be a tomb of Elder Elfs before the Conjunction of Spheres." Ciri said with excitement.
"Yeah, but where is the entrance?" Gabriel was confused.
"Maybe there is somewhere a hidden cave or something." Ciri answered him. Geralt started smiling.
"Why are you smiling?" Yennefer asked him confused.
"Because he definitely knows what we don't." Ciri was certain.
"Do you see that thing?" Geralt smiled at Ciri. Ciri looked that way. Her eyes started shining. A crystal.
"There is no entrance. It's a portal!" Ciri laughed. "How long did you know that?" Ciri looked at Geralt again.
"I noticed it immediately when I came after you here." Geralt smiled.
"You could tell us sooner." Ciri crossed her arms.
"And miss an opportunity to see all yours confused faces? No, it was worth it." Geralt said with laughing.
"Let's try it then." Ciri went to the crystal. She took it into hers hands.
"Put it down Cirilla. Immediately." Yennefer told her seriously.
"Why? It's our only way to get in." Ciri protested.
"Unprotected portals are dangerous. We don't know where are they heading. It could kills us." Yennefer explained calmly but her face was still serious.
"Can't you do a protect spell?" Geralt asked her.
"No, because I haven't created those portals." Yennefer explained. She started to be irritated. Geralt noticed it.
"Yen, calm down please." Geralt told her kindly.
"Geralt is right. There is nothing to worry about." Ciri smiled at her.
"I am calm!" Yennefer sighed. "I'm just upset that you don't want to listen to me." she said strictly.

Suddenly they heard a weird noise next to them. They all turned to that sound.
"What did you do Gabriel?" Geralt told him angrily. That noise was from portal. Gabriel activated the crystal while they were arguing. They didn't even notice what he was doing.
"No one will cry after me if I die and I would like to see these ruins from inside." Gabriel smirked and then he jumped into portal. But Ciri in that moment jumped after him and managed to catch his hand. They both disappeared in the portal.
"Ciri, no!" Geralt screamed but it was too late. He was ready go after her but hers hand stopped him.
"Geralt, stop!" Yennefer stated. Geralt looked at her worried.
"I won't let you go alone. I'm not ready to loose you too." Yennefer said honestly. Geralt nodded and kissed her forehead. Then they jumped into the portal holding their hands.

Gabriel and Ciri hit the ground strongly when they landed. The place seemed like a very huge cave crossed with corridors. Everywhere was dark, only the small light was created by torches on the walls. Gabriel managed to stood up first.
"What the hell Cirilla!" Gabriel told her angrily. Ciri was still a bit puzzled after a strong hit to the ground. She slowly looked at him.
"Stop calling me like that!" she almost shouted at him but then she coughed the dust in her mouth which stayed there from the falling to the ground.
"Oh, sorry to call you by your own name. Should I rather call you a princess then?" Gabriel retorted.
"You know what? Go to hell." Ciri told him strictly.
"Gladly." he said without emotions. Ciri ignored him. She tried to stood up but her leg slipped because she felt strong pain in it and she fell down to the ground again. She sighed painfully. Gabriel hesitated for a second but then he instinctively moved towards her.
"Hey, are you alright?" he asked her a bit worried and put his hand on he back.
"Let go off me!" Ciri removed his hand from her and gave him angry look. She then tried to stand up and this time she succeeded.
"What the hell you were thinking?" Gabriel crossed his arms.
"Me? You were the one whom headlessly jumped into portal." Ciri smirked.
"And you're the one who followed me." Gabriel frowned.
"I wanted to stop you." Ciri explained angrily.
"Well, it wasn't the best idea, obviously." he smiled sarcastically.
Ciri in that moment without saying anything turned around and started walking away from him.
"Where are you going?" Gabriel stayed confused.
"Far, far away from you." Ciri stated and continued in walking.
"Finally, you have nothing to sa.." in front her eyes suddenly appeared a sword which repelled two arrows going straight into her head. The time froze for her in that moment and she was speechless. Couple of seconds later someone caught her chin with hand and turned her head to him which returned her back to the reality.
"You can hate me as much as you want but I need you to trust me now." Gabriel told her seriously. Ciri didn't even blink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 536 19
The life of a 𝓦𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 is a lonely one. A woman travels the Continent, helping those in need wherever she goes. Those lucky enough to me...
12.1K 382 13
I left my home and completely disappeared. Changing my appearance with the aide of a crystal , so no one could find me. I changed my name, How I act...
64.8K 2.6K 50
#68 in Romance (12/21/2017) What happens when you find you are pregnant on your wedding day and the man you are about to wed isn't the father but a r...
158 2 2
Count Julian Pankratz, a chronically ill man who has more love than he knows what to do with with his short life. That was until he met his new nurse...