Open Heart One Shots (Choices)

By phoebsummers

This is a series of one shots based on Pixelberry's Open Heart, featuring Dr. Ethan Ramsey and Dr. Cassie Val... More

Meet Cassie Valentine
Intern Year
The Doctor Is Almost In (edits)
First Impressions
Only a Crush
First Day Jitters (text fic)
Happiness is...
Lullaby
Delaying the Inevitable
Coffee (text fic)
Neurochemical Responses (text fic)
Unfortunate Misadventures
Doubts
Becoming Sienna
Double the Fun (text and pic fic)
Thankful (text and pic fic)
Project Christmas Wish
So Over It
Not Over It
Out of Control
SOS -- a text fic
Words We Never Say
Dolphin Adventures (text and pic fic)
Roll With It
The Unexpected Valentine
Zodiac Fun (text fic)
A Week to Forget
Operation Fight Back (text and pic fic)
Passing Time
Never Let Go
Waiting for Dr. Ramsey
Labyrinth
Come Back to Me
Counting the Minutes
Rock On
Stop The Clock
Secret's Out
Heart First
Residency Year 2 Begins...
Second Impressions (text and pic fic)
Sleeping Beauty
Strictly Professional
Foodies (text and pic fic)
Closure
Private Celebrations
Spill the Tea (text fic)
Date Night (text fic)
Summer Romance
Me Before You
Playing to Win
Sunday Brunch
Sugar and Spice (text and pic fic)
The Game (text and pic fic)
Lost and Found
Forevermore
Last Night On Earth
Underneath the Tree
Wrapped in Red (text and pic fic)
Paper Anniversary (text fic)
Operation Cupcake (text fic)
Rumor Has It
All About Tonight
Black
Cassie's Day Off (text and pic fic)
A Time and A Place
Begin Again
Cheap Thrills
Try My Patience (text and pic fic)
Kiss Me Better
Too Late for Regrets
Residency Year 3 Starts...
Throwback Thursday (text and pic fic)
Memories (text and pic fic)
Self-Care Date (text and pic fic)
Broken Dreams
Surrender (NSFW)
Not Ready to Make Nice
Checks and Balances (text and pic fic)
Reunions and Resets (text and pic fic)
It's a Match
Truly, Madly, Deeply
Two Birthdays
Reflections and Renewals
A Love Like Ours
Begging for Attention (pic fic)
Full Circle
Fairy Dust
The Elf Affair
My Christmas Wish
Private Jets and Public Moments (pic fic)
Roomie Road Trip (text and pic fic)
Yoga Fun (text and pic fic)
Best Laid Plans (text and pic fic)
Study Session (Mature/NSFW)
Gemini Calling (text and pic fic)
Girls Day Out (text and pic fic)
Animal Farm (text and pic fic)
Crossing the Bridge (text and pic fic)
Much Tattoo About Nothing (text and pic fic)
Last Shift
Residency Ends, Attending Duties Begin...
Love I Found In You
Staycation (pic fic)
Antiquing Adventures (pic fic)
Date Night Under the Stars (edit)
The Great Friends Bake-Off (pic and text fic)
Fun at the Fair (edit)
Lazy Afternoon Fun (text fic - mature)
The Prize
Moonlight (Mature)
Epilogue
Masquerade (Mature/NSFW)
Picta Problems (prose + text and pic fic)
Dinner For Two (text and pic fic)
Roses Are Red
TBT: First Time For Everything (pic fic)
Family Dinner (edit)
Return to Dagger Mountain
New Year's Eve (text and pic fic)
Old Habits
Little Things
Valentine Memories
Spice (text fic) NSFW
Random Collection
The Engagement Promise (pic and text fic)
The Intern
Only Me. Only You. (Mature)
All This Time (Bryce x Kyra)
Second Chances (Bryce x Kyra)
Kindred Spirits
Can't Help Falling (AU)
Que Sera Sera (AU)
You Weren't Meant For Me (AU)
Beautiful Stranger (AU)
Open Heart: Marriage Editon

The Negotiation

66 1 0
By phoebsummers

Summary: Ethan has a huge favor to ask of Cassie. But it's going to cost him.

Dr. Ethan Ramsey hated putting on a show as much as he did talking to interns when he didn't have to. It's not that he hated interns, although there were moments. He didn't have the patience to deal with their incessant questions and subtle (and not so subtle) hero worship.

Only one intern had managed to hold his attention long enough for it to not matter. And now she owed him. At least that was his reasoning for the favor he was going to ask one Dr. Cassie Valentine.

He looked up when the Diagnostic Team's office doors slid open. He peered at Cassie from above the rims of his reading glasses, setting them aside when she took the seat across from him. He smiled when she handed him a cup of coffee while she sipped from her own.

"You paged, Dr. Ramsey?"

She sat back and crossed her legs. The movement had her skirt rising. Ethan's eyes drifted to the bare skin visible above her knees. When she loudly cleared her throat, he blushed and quickly looked away. Her wicked grin told him she knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Ah, yes. I need a favor," he said. When his laptop pinged a notification, he closed the lid to avoid distractions.

"Naveen has asked me to speak to a group of sub-interns today during lunch. I want you to do it instead," he said matter-of-factly.

"No dice. Naveen didn't ask me," she smirked. "You're on your own, babe."

He leaned forward, steepling his fingers. "As a third-year resident, you are required to mentor and train interns. And that includes sub-Is. It's part of your training and will help prepare you for attending-hood."

"Uh-huh," she said dismissively, finishing her coffee. "What's the real reason?"

"You owe me," he countered severely.

She scoffed. "How do you figure that?"

He got comfortable, leaning back in his chair and locking his hands behind his head. "If you must know, you ruined my reputation among interns. Everyone thinks I've gone soft. They want the Ramsey Touch, as Naveen called it; lessons to survive an internship."

Cassie burst out laughing. "The Ramsey Touch? I love it. Is that when you call an innocent intern an amateur even before they attend orientation? Or when you assign them a PITA that burps in their face and questions their every move? Or how about...."

"Very funny," he cut in impatiently. "You know you love a challenge. If I hadn't pushed you as hard I did, you wouldn't have been the top-ranking intern for so long."

"Huh. I expected a better argument than that?" She mused, tapping her index finger against her lips thoughtfully. "Maybe you are going soft."

He quirked one eyebrow. "If we didn't have a team meeting in ten minutes, I would take great pleasure in proving you wrong about that."

"Well, there's always tonight," Cassie said, giving him a lascivious look. "I look forward to seeing how hard you can get." Her expression turned shrewd. "I have a counteroffer for you. I will take your place at the intern luncheon today, but I need something from you. A quid pro quo."

"I see," Ethan said cautiously. "What do you need?"

"I want to go dancing with my boyfriend," said Cassie. "Pick an evening; wear that dark suit with the blue tie that makes you look hunky." She waggled her eyebrows suggestively, making him roll his eyes. "I'll wear that red dress you like and drive you crazy all night. And then you'll take me back to your apartment and...."

The doors behind her slid open before she could finish her thought. Ethan silently groaned, hiding his frustration as the rest of the team filed in.

"To be continued?" He whispered before speaking in his normal voice. "So, Dr. Valentine, it's confirmed. I'll let Naveen know you'll speak at the intern lunch today in my stead."

"Sounds good, Dr. Ramsey," Cassie told him in the same professional tone before dropping her voice.

"I think I deserve a kiss for this, and I plan to collect." She smiled and winked at him before joining the others at the conference table.

Ethan watched her walk away until he caught Tobias staring at him, a knowing smirk on his lips. Instead of rising to the challenge, Ethan sighed and grabbed the patient files on his desk.

"Okay, team," he began, coming to stand at the head of the table. "Let's get started."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 35 9
Charlotte Greene has never been this low. All she has ever dreamed of was a career in medicine, but after one mistake, her career is on the line. Sus...
36.9K 751 21
Blue Hunter's first year as an intern at Edenbrook did not start as quite as she hoped. Experiencing hardships, deaths, friends, and love, Blue's per...
32.3K 823 45
A medical Drama AU series based on Pixelberry Playchoices popular story Open Heart. It follows the relationship between 26-year-old Doctor Valerie Va...
3.3K 178 10
With Edenbrook's inevitable closure drawing near, Blue and Ethan, along with their friends and family spend the holiday season together while treatin...