Song For My Lady

By HayleeMikaelson

(Y/n) is the biggest superstar actress and singer, who has everything she ever wanted, and what others only d... More

Sick of This
Someday Soon is Today
Bucket List
What I Want Is?
What A Mess
Just Being Honest
Light Rain
All I Need To Know
Colorful
Play A Song
Chernobyl In My Head
One Need Only Ask
It's Okay?
Look At Me
I'm Not Here
A Wish A Heart Makes
Feeling All to Feeling Nothing
The Game
UnFriendly
Daddy's Girl
The Only Thing I Fear Is
Suffocate
Told Me You Knew Me?
I Don't Really Mind 'Cause I Love You
I Found You
Space Ships and Dinosaurs
Please Give Me A Better Day
I choose You
Pretty Girl Who Cares The Most
Night of Tribulation (pt 1)
Night of Tribulation (Pt 2)
The Apathy and Urgency
Spoke The Cowards Phrase
She Wears Her Loneliness Just like A Crown
Tragedy Is Not The End
Back and Forth
I'm Really Not Okay
All figured it Out
Let's Hurt Tonight
It's Like Knives To The Throat
What Should I Do?
Just Like We Were Kid
Let's Go Together
Song For My Lady
Stay Alive For Me

Somebody Set The Truth On Fire

811 40 2
By HayleeMikaelson

Y/n was never cold under her hoodies. But something about the interrogation room made the young celebrity shiver. While she had never been in an actual police station or being interrogated, she had certainly played detectives and criminals in various shows. But today she didn't feel like acting. She didn't feel like being strong, or putting up a strong front.

Mainly because at the very moment, y/n wasn't scared. She was nonchalant, unbothered by the situation she had found herself in.

"We have all these witnesses. Are you going to continue denying it?" The detective said. He opened his folder, flipping through pages before pulling out a single sheet. "Model Cara Delevingne and movie actor Dave Franco and singer Justin Bieber have testified that they all did drugs with you. The distributor, Allen Walker also stated that from last year till now, he'd had a total of eight transactions with you through the Hollywood club."

y/n couldn't help but laugh, covering her mouth just a bit.

"Also in Mr. Walkers ledger, all the dates and prices of your transactions are all--"

The detective was cut of when y/n could no longer hide her laughter. Bending down and holding her stomach, y/n laughed, gently pressing her forehead onto the table.

"Mrs. Y/Ln what are you doing right now!" the detective shouted, slamming the folder onto the table. The loud bang filled the room echoing, y/n stopped laugh looking up at the man who's face looked like it might melt of from the heated anger.

"It's called laughing" y/n chuckled.

"What are you doing?" her lawyer asked.

"What do you mean? I'm just laughing because its funny. Isn't his facial expression funny? Am I the only one who finds it funny?" Y/n reached over snatched the folder out of the detectives hands.

"What are you doing, give it back" he demanded. Y/n raised a brow, reading the things on the paper.

"What is this? It looks like a dictation." she rolled her eyes. "How embarrassing.. How can you spell "Commit crime" with one 'm'? there are two 'm's.

"Please give It back" the detective shouted, taking the papers back. "This kind of behavior will not be advantageous to you."

"I'm really curious. By any chance, is this some kind of 'hidden camera' joke?" Y/n smiled. Before y/n could say anything else the doors opened. Despite her sharp hearing, she had trouble differentiating the voices that began to speak one after another.

She looked up seeing the blond woman, take a seat in front of her. She wasn't as stand offish as the other people that walked into the room, and she looked much smarter then the detective she was talking to not that long ago.

This was boring.

She began to claw on the table with her finger nail, trying to get the tape that had been stuck on its surface for who knowns how long.

"Gah!" she finally said, tearing herself from the chair and pacing the small room. She pressed her ear against the 2 sided mirror. Nothing. Then she walked towards the door and did the same. But again their was nothing. Surprised, she gentle opened the door but it was quickly closed by the blond woman. Y/n cautiously walked back towards the chair, sitting down.

Panicking she rested her head on the table, shaking her leg trying to play a song in her head, or think about the only person that could calm her. Hailee.

"Y/n, what has gotten into you" the woman softly spoke. She took her seat in front of the young girl, and took her hand, but y/n snatched it away.

"What are you doing here, mom" y/n spoke.

"I'm here to help you, why else. When you decided to come back to L.A I was worried, yes but I never thought you'd be arrested"

"You read the articles, you heard what people are saying. Ever since I came back you wanted nothing more then to take me away from hailee, again"

"But you went and married her. " Caroline took in a deep breath, pressing her palm to her forehead. "How are we going to handle it. The rumors have spread that hailee was the one that leaked your newest song, and now drugs"

"It's because you dont know that just one article can make someone into a fool" y/n rolled her eyes, leaning back into her chair. "You should've at least talked to me first."

"It was urgent. Handling it was the priority."

"To handle our situation, you want me to make someone into a fool? How long do I have to live with the lies by pretending to be a good person and pretending to be someone special? To keep scarfing hailee who has nothing to do with me being a celebrity. She doesn't deserve to be fed to the shake fans so I can swim unscathed"

"Do you think it's only you that hates it?" Caroline enunciated as clearly as she could. "Who am I doing this for? Once the fans turn their back on you... Well... that's that. What about your dream as a international superstar. Can you give it up? You're going to give up everything just for a girl?"

"THAT'S YOUR DREAM" y/n shouted slamming her hand on the table, feeling the throbbing in her palms from the harsh impact. Still she kept her gazed looked onto her mother.

"Starting with that girl... I'll live happily, putting it all down. Hailee is the only one who can tell me what to do, and I will get on my hands and gravel while worshiping the ground she walks on. Because she is the only whom I love. For hailee I will throw my entire career away, take her hand and run away to a place no one can find us."

"what?" Caroline said with as much calmness as she could muster. "Did she ask you too? I knew she wasn't a pushover when she talked back to me."

"Did you meet with her? What did you threaten her with? Money, like last time." Y/n said with frightening patience. Y/n had been talking back to her mother long enough to be able to completely understand the otherwise unintelligible words coming out of her mouth.

"I told her to stay quiet for you" the older woman sighed.

"So all this time... you took care of everything by threatening people?" y/n asked.

"Listen people may think I'm someone with power in the industry. You're attacking me after I made you this famous? And I'm the one who knows everything about you, from top to bottom. Who do you think you are threatening?"

Y/n swallowed a cry. Outside of her movies, and music she had never been in the presence of some so terrible... so evil before. Bullies, yes. Idiots with barbaric ideas about women and social norms gender roles, yes. But never anyone so calmly vile, who spoke of cruelties as casually as if they were talking about a game of cards.

But she refused to give in. Mainly because she knew her mother wasn't that heartless. The high life just got the better of her, and took her down with every other washed up celebrity in L.A who are no longer well known, or has ruined their career so much they are either a laughing stalk or just a pitied has been. She knew her kind mother that she loved was still in there somewhere.

"You're a very smart girl, y/n. You just do as you're told and everything will be fine."

"Do what you want. I'm not scared of anything. Mother, since when did you work by exploiting people's weaknesses, huh? To save ourselves, you don't care about hurting others?" Y/n said holding in every once of emotion that wanted to come out. A scream far more terrifying than her own war cry; something that came from the heart, as if it were being ripped out of someone while they were awake. Y/n held that feeling, that burning lump down in her throat. "My whole life and the only time ive been to jail was in tv shows, until now" y/n murmured, trying to see the humor in the situation. At least then she could think of something else. Keep her feelings in check. "In the past 2 month I've been in two. This... and in hell" she whispered the last one. "Though I don't think I'll ever get out of that one"

"Y/n, do you think this is funny. Do you think i'm doing this... for myself? I'm doing it all for you. Nothing's wrong."

"Okay" y/n nodded her head. "It's all because of me. Hailee doesn't say a single word because she's worried I have it tougher. Yet you're not even sorry to me. You just lie again to get us through it. At least the mom I use to know and love... was an innocent and good person. I remembered how you struggled to get me additions and... waisting the last of your money so I can eat, The sleepless nights, and stress you had on your shoulders. I was a kid, and I knew... I knew we were struggling. Until I finally got my big break, getting more roles, more sponsors and more people wanting to sign me for their projects that I became Y/N Y/Ln. I told myself you were lying for me. That you wouldn't do it next time... That it must be hard on you, too. I as a 5 year old felt so sorry inside. But looking at it now, it wasnt for me. it was for you."

"For me" Caroline was taken back. "It was for us. For our trust in one another."

"Then why did you leave dad, huh" Y/n cleaned her throat sitting up. "it was because of him, we ate everyday. Yes his job was very low income, but we ate and had a roof over our heads. But then one accident happens, one were my career gets wash away and suddenly everyone is your enemy. Dad... hailee. Mom... You're fired."

"Y/n"

"The contract is over between you and i. You are no longer my agent, or manager or anything..."

"Y/n"

"This is the last chance, mom. Don't make me cut off our relationship as mother and daughter." Y/n stood up letting out a sigh. She stood in front of the 2 way mirror, looking at her reflection carefully. She looked-- well, not quiet as terrible as she should have. There were bags under her eyes, and she moved poorly, but there was also a pinkness to her cheeks and a fire in the depth of her pupils.

"I heard from hailee, grace is behind this. Apparently it was her way of getting revenge after you rejected her" Caroline cleared her throat. "The girl said if you wanted to get out of here then you either leave hailee, and date her instead, or stop being y/n y/ln. If you decided to leave I'll make sure both you and Hailee are taken care of"

"I have enough money myself" she laughed.

"I know... I just came here to tell you... that I'm on your side y/n. Not because you are you, but because you are my daughter. I'll find a way around this"

"What if I dont leave?" y/n turned around, leaning on the glass. "Do I automatically become a junkie? Where the next show they make of me is in one of those where are they video's"

"We shouldn't let things get to that. With your wise decision..."

"People really have amazing power" the young star took a breath. "Sometimes its like they are gods themselves. Gaces has it with her dad as a DA, Niall has it and torments me, Becky has it and clings to me, you have it and made hailee leave... When do I get to become god, huh" Y/n spoke so soft, so low that she didn't know if her mom really heard the words coming out of her mouth. "Why do I get to be the one who gets punished. What did I do so wrong, that this is my hell."

"Y/n"

"If I let myself be used as a puppet, and gave in when people told me to... Sell out, would I have this amazing power? My dad didn't leave you on his own... And I didn't leave hailee, either."

"I really am trying to help" Caroline said sadly, holding her hands together, hey eyes locked on to the table where y/n once sat. Then she looked up at y/n and smiled ruefully. But then she dropped her smile, seeing y/n grab her head. Her feet slipped from under causing her to fall.

Caroline stood up, pushing the chair back rushing towards y/n's side. Holding her unconscious daughter as she called for someone, anyone to help.

Hailee sat on the couch, watching as the news began to report on the lates information that they had gathered. All day she had been fighting with herself trying to find a way, anything to help y/n but nothing.

Her ears peaked when she heard y/n's name being mentioned in the media.

"It has been revealed that The International superstar who had won many grammies last month Y/n Y/Ln has been fighting a terminal illness. Top star has visited the hospital over a severe headache. She was diagnosed with a brainstem glioma. To her close friends and family... Y/n Y/lN, SHOKCING NEWS. She's been fighting her illness alone drawing regrets from others."

hailee grabbed the remote, turning up the volume as the new channel played clips of y/n walking around, doing shows, and meeting fans.

"Y/n Y/Ln's movies, shows, concerts and schedule are all cancelled. Y/n who got her big break in the movie---'

Hailee sat down, the remote falling from her hands. Suddenly everything became muffled. Tears streamed down hailee's eyes feeling lost.

So much so, she didn't notice griffin. She run to her hugging his sister in his arm.

"Is it true?"Griffin asked. "Is our y/n really dying?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
303 84 19
After being an absolute loser at her old school, Taylor's parents make her switch schools after finding out about Tay being bullied. Taking the oppor...
36.8K 769 18
In the quaint city of Thousand Oaks, California, Y/N is a well-known college-athlete with a desire to discover herself. Devoting her energy to academ...
19.4K 429 34
Y/N is a young 22 years old woman born in Montreal, Canada. As her and her family move to another country, Y/N has to go through many challenges, lik...