I Don't Really Mind 'Cause I Love You

The two looked at one another, for what felt like an eternity. Hailee was lost in the words that were spoken, her eyes fixated on y/ns bright eyes, glistening a little in the moonlight.

Entranced, Hailee reached for y/n's cheek, wiping away a tear that seemed to have escaped without being noticed by the older girl. She wiped it away, feeling y/ns lips on her palm. Hailee had never seen y/n like this before--vulnerable, but determined nonetheless. How was the trick accomplished?

And even stranger, there was something familiar about her smile. Something about the way the corner of her lip curled upward, reaching her eyes so calmly, beautifully... comforting. Like she had seen it somewhere before.

Then she remembered. It was the same smile she would give her when hailee herself would run away from home. The smile that told her everything was going to be okay now. That she didn't have to worry, anymore. Because there was nothing that would hurt her as long as she was by y/n's side. God how she missed that smile, that feeling.

She was a kid then, not really understanding her feelings. But she knew, even then, and most certainly now how much she loved the girl in front of her.

"I wasn't... but after what happened, I realized I still loved you. Everyday I was falling more and more in love with you, and I was trying to push you away because I was scared. But im not scared anymore. You deserved everything good that happened in your life, and you deserved so much loved, real love. And I wanna be the one to give you that," hailee said in a whisper. Y/n, still lost in thought playing with the young girls fingers.

"Do you not want to see me that much?" y/n asked

Hailee only hummed, her eyes leaving the girl for a second.

"My fans wish to see my face for longer than a minute. If they heard you say this, they'd probably want to kill you" y/n laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. She didn't want to be sad, and think about the dark thoughts in the back of her mind.

"I mean, after all the times you kidnap me. Whos to say you haven't locked me up by now... Speaking off. Your dad said you were stuck somewhere, but you managed to get out"

"Im good... at getting out of situation by simply getting lost. I'll get lost quickly and cleanly without even leaving a trace of dust behind. However not right now."

"What?"

"Minimum, three months. Maximum, after six months."

"Y/n"

"My goal here hailee is to see you happy. It doesnt matter who you like. Niall, Taylor, that kid from the football team sheen or Shawn. I dont even have time to waste by upholding my pride or being jealous."

Hailee looked at y/n, but the older girl just laughed softly. "I only ever wanted you back."

"I wasn't going to tell that I remembered you." y/n said ignoring Hailees confused and hurt expression. She wanted to change the subject but didn't know what else to say, so she continued with her thoughts. "I wanted a clean slate in our relationship. Pretend nothing happened between us. Pretend there was no hurt, being pulled apart by a dumb mistake."

"Dumb mistake... Y/n I could of killed you"

"Sometimes I wished you had... And that you died with me"

"Y/n"

"Maybe then I wouldn't be suffering like this. Unless this is my punishment for sacrificing you to the wolf... Hurting you the way I did." y/n said, her voice getting quieter and quieter until she wasnt sure if she was still talking or thinking.

"You thought you were protecting me by forgetting me... I thought I was protecting you by staying away. We both sacrificed each other... sacrificed our relationship" hailee calmly said.