The Only Thing I Fear Is

"Alright, I think I remember where Niall lives" Y/n said putting on her jacket. Even her dad was getting ready to leave the bedroom clean before they left. Y/n never really understood why her dad had the urge to clean when he was nervous but she couldn't complain. She liked to work out or do something active when she would get all anxious. Maybe thats why she was pacing back and forth at the moment.

"Seems like it's pouring rain. I'll pull the car around so you wont have to be exposed to the rain and get more sick." Elijah said. He looked around her bedroom one more time, seeing the empty yet full space. He loved that y/n's master bedroom had 2 levels.

The first one was like its own living room area. With a huge tv and all of her game consoles on the side of it. Couches and other things around it. Bookshelves behind it, running along the entire back wall until it made space for the stairs which only had about 5 steps leading to the next level.

The second level where they were currently at had the king size bed, and of course the walk in bathroom and closet. But what he really loved most was the panorama window that took up the entire side of the room. You were able to see the beautiful L.A mountains covered in rain.

What caught his eye was the picture of young y/n. It was fairly large, and of black and white. This one was different then the one in the living room. This was a picture of the both of them, walking the red carpet to her very first event. He remembered that day fondly because y/n was the one to ask him to be her date. That was the first and Last time they walked the red carpet together. It hurt Elijah a bit, but understood.

"I thought you were going to get the car" Y/n said fixing the last button of her jacket. She looked at what her dad had been staring at, and smiled going to stand next to him.

"You know I wanted to invited you to more events... but mom-"

"I know bud. You dont have to explain to me" he said. "I was just thinking about something else"

"and what's that" she asked.

Eliaj looked at his daughter and back at the picture of when she was a child. A knot in his throat burned but tried to force his words out. He reached his hand placing it on the side of her head, gently rubbing his thumb along side it.

"Everything is going to be okay" he said. "And I'll be by your side until then. I wont leave you alone anymore." he smiled.

"Dad, I didn't tell you about my sickness so you could get all sentimental on me. I told you because... because I wanted you to know that everything i'm doing... I'll able to live a good rest of my life. Spend it that way I want. Be happy until then" y/n said. "Come on we cried about it a lot. Can we please go get hailee now. I really want you to meet her" y/n said pulling her dad towards the door.

She reached for the handle but noticed it didn't side open. She tried again and again but it wouldn't budge.

"Let me try. Maybe its stuck." Elijah said. He placed both hands on the handle and tried to slide it open but nothing. He used more strength feeling as though if he were to use more force it would break off. He looked at y/n who only shrugged. Taking off his coat he tossed it onto one of the couch and began to try and open it once more.

"It's locked from the outside" they heard an all too familiar voice say. Both Elijah and y/n's eyes went wide when they heard Isabelles voice from the other side.

Y/n pushed her dad away and started banging on the door harshly. Elijah pulled y/n back.

"Isabelle what is the meaning of this" Elijah calmly said. "Open the door"

"Sorry uncle, but aunt Caroline made a strict order that y/n is not to be out from this point on" Isabelle said hesitantly.

"How did they get into my house." Y/n said placing her hands all over her body in search of her phone. Surly she would of gotten a notification if someone even stepped foot on the outside gates. But she felt nothing. It wasnt until she remembered she had left her phone in the kitchen. Downstairs. 'Fuck' y/n mentally cursed.