By Your Side

By Kayyy-Chan

*currently editing* Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain --- This is the 3rd book in my Luffyx... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
A/N
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Special Chapter
Question for my readers
New Book!

Chapter 17

310 8 8
By Kayyy-Chan

When we went through the mirror, we appeared in a room, with a table full of sweets. "Is that you Brûlée?" A voice asked, trailing through the room.

"Yes mama, and I brought the girl like you asked me too." Brûlée replied, smirking as she turned around to face where the voice came from.

There, in all her glory, was Big Mom... one of the Emperor's of the Sea.

That wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was all the sweets dancing around and singing. Uh... okay. I glanced from the sweets to Big Mom, taking in her appearance.

And boy, did she live up to her name...

"Oh good job Brûlée, I knew I picked the right person for the job. Tell me, how is Cracker doing?" Big Mom asked, smirking down at the two of us. I can feel my neck breaking just having to look up at her.

"It's going according to plan. He, along with the Seducing Forest, are keeping Straw Hat Luffy at bay along with one of their crew mates. Plus I caught two others and trapped them in my mirror world. "Brûlée explained as I could hear the pleased sound in her voice.

"Good, we don't want him ruining the wedding I have planned for my daughter and Vinsmoke's son, Mamamama!" Big Mom laughed.

I felt the color drain from my face as she laughed. She knew we were here the whole time. Does she know about Pedro and Brook?! I began to worry as the two had set off on their own to steal a copy of the Poneglyph for Robin.

"What's the matter my child, you look pale?" Big Mom taunted, faking her worry with a mischievous grin on her face.

I snapped out of it, shaking my head before sending a glare in her direction. "When?"

"When?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "When what?"

"When did you find out we were here?" I asked, locking my gaze with hers. We were tricked from the moment we stepped foot on this island... it couldn't have been Pudding, could it?

I began to question everything since we entered her territory, including when we met Pudding in Chocolate Town, plus we still don't know what happened to Pekoms.

"I've known all along that you guys would show up, in fact, I was counting on it." Big Mom replied, a crazed look in her eye.

"Counting on it...?" I was now confused. Why? I remember hearing about Luffy picking a fight with her when we were on Fishman Island. It couldn't be because of that, could it? "What for?"

"To speak with you, of course." She simply stated, grabbing a handful of sweets and eating it.

I felt Brûlée release her grip on me, and sat down in a nearby chair, confusing me even more. Why are they not restraining me? I couldn't help but wonder, even though I knew that if I tried to escape, I couldn't.

"Ever since your debut in the war of the best two years ago, I've been intrigued by your abilities." Big Mom began to explain.

"Well you aren't the only one apparently..." I grumbled to myself more so than her as I thought of all the trouble I've had since then.

"I can't wrap my head around it. You are able to bring people back while they are on the brink of death, is that correct?" She asked me, eating more sweets.

I let out a sigh, nodding my head. It's not like no one knows already. "Yeah it is."

"How is that? I've never heard of a devil fruit possessing such an ability as that before." She pushed, leaning forward slightly, giving me a look that tells me to answer her question.

"Simple. It's because I never ate a devil fruit." I replied without hesitation.

"Hmmm?!" I heard her let out a shocked hum, eyes widening at my words. She leaned back in her chair again, raising a hand to her chin in thought. "You have that ability, though you didn't eat a fruit...?"

"As far as I know, I was born with it." I shrugged, carefully rolling my eyes around the room, looking for some sort of distraction.

It was silent for a moment as I began to fidget in my spot. The silence was interrupted as Big Mom began to laugh. "It's exactly as I thought." I blinked a few times, not understanding what's going on. "This is better than I expected."

"Uhh... I'm confused." I stated, slowly.

"(Y/N). (Y/A) years old, born in (H/T), father unknown and raised by a navy soldier." Big Mom stated, causing my breath to hitch.

"H-How do you know all that...?" I stuttered. As far as I know, the public doesn't know where I was born, only my 'mother' knew.

"It's simple, because I was the one who dropped you off on that island all those years ago." Those words shook me to my core, a shiver running down my spine. I saw her smirk, knowing her words affected me. "You were the daughter I left behind, Charlotte (Y/N)"

Those words echoed through my head as I tried to process everything. "You're lying."

"Mamamama! Believe it or not, but your power alone is undeniable proof." She replied curtly, grinning down at me.

"How so...?" I whispered out.

"My devil fruit is the Soul-Soul Fruit, allowing me to manipulate human souls and steal part of their life span." She began, eating a piece of cake, glancing down to me out the side of her eye. "And if I recall correctly, you can manipulate a person's soul as well."

I thought over what she said, realizing she was right. I can exchange what life I had left for someone who is dying. "If I really am your daughter like you claim, then tell me..." I clenched my hands, staring down at my feet. "Who was my father?"

"Hmm, your father?" She asked, surprised that was what I asked. "If I recall, he was just another pirate." I frowned, thinking I was going to get an answer. "Although, he had an interesting power that caught my eye."

I brought my head up as she placed a finger on her chin in thought. "Yes, he was able to restore a person's body from injuries... an Ancient Fruit that shows up every 500 years I believe."

My eyes widened at what she said. Ultimate Healing...! I thought back to the day I read that journal I had Law buy two years ago.

...

'For those who read this journal, on the last island we went to, we found something extraordinary! There was a Poneglyph and we managed to translate part of it. On there, there was mention of a Ancient Devil Fruit... the Revive Revive Fruit.

At first we brushed it off, thinking it was just the fruit who brought the user back from the dead. No. No, this fruit was able to bring others back from the brink of death and has another ability... Ultimate Healing.

Ultimate Healing, used on one who is badly injured. The technique allows the person to reverse the body's condition to before the injury ever occurred. Only limitation... is that it cannot be performed on one's self.'

...

That journal. It couldn't have been...

"Shame that he died, he would have proved useful in the future." I was brought back to reality by Big Mom's sentence.

I frowned. So he's dead already...

"Now that I know what you are capable of, my child... you won't be leaving this island." I was about to shout at her when I heard the sound of a click and something around my neck.

"What the-!" I gasped, yanking at the collar on my neck. "What did you do?!"

"You are familiar with the Celestial Dragon's slaves? This is insurance that you won't run away." She explained, laughing. "After all, we have guests coming soon."

"Guests?" I grunted, as I dropped my arms to my sides.

"Yes. After all... the wedding is in a few hours." She threw her arms above her into the air with a smile.

We're out of time.

———
Published: 08/20/2022
Updated: 04/05/2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 10.7K 32
| SLOWLY EDITING | | THE SEQUEL HAS BEEN RELEASED: Prologue + Chapters 1-6) This book has a few grammatical errors but read if you please. It is said...
689 60 7
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ After defeating a nearby boss in the last island they encountered, Luffy and his crew were forced to wander around in the sea sinc...
25.5K 888 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
113K 3.7K 80
[ Reincarnated ff] " One Piece ? Seems like i have heard that words before ?" Cha y/n who had an accident is now reincarnated to a world of an anime...