where I should've been (EDITI...

By 6ixtsix

UNDER MASSIVE RECONSTRUCTION BECAUSE THIS BOOK BADLY NEEDS IT Promised a total turn around in her life.vaness... More

authors note
chapter 1**
chapter 2**
chapter 3**
chapter 4**
chapter 5**
chapter 6**
chapter 7**
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
author note

chapter 45

233 17 0
By 6ixtsix

Petra's pov:

     I held her tightly as she cried. Tears rolling down my own cheeks. I can't beging to imagine what she went through in here.

   "Baby I'm here now, I'm here to take you home. Away from this place." I said patting her back.

    She pulled away from the hug and cleaned her eyes. She turned facing the dpo. She was staring Daggers at him with so much fire in her eyes. Why is she staring at him like that?

    "Baby, why are y-" I was interrupted by a gunshot
followed by several other's. Vanessa was shooting the sheriff with teary eyes. Wait, that's my gun. How did she collect it without me knowing?

    The dpo's screams filled the room as Vanessa continued shooting every inch of his body. I didn't even bother stopping her. I looked over at Red who had a surprised look on her face.

   The officer that brought her here was watching the scene  with an amused look on her face.

    Vanessa kept shooting the man even after he had stopped moving. I had to step in. Because the other officers would soon arrive here if they were not deaf. I'm surprised they still hadn't got here with all the noise coming from this room. Unless it's soundproof? Im sure it's not

   I walked closer to Vanessa "baby, please hand over the gun to me. He's dead now." I said cautiously. Not wanting to scare her.

   "No, I have to make sure he is actually dead." She said still shooting the dead man.

   "Baby, he's dead. Please give me the gun. Please" I begged touching her shoulder a little.

    She immediately stopped and handed me the gun.

   "I- I just killed a man." She said finally realizing what she has done. She dropped to the floor crying. I immediately picked her up.

   "Sir, is everything alright in there?" A voice outside the door said.

    The police officers that brought Vanessa eyes widen, when she heard the voice from outside. I looked over at red who had a wide smile on her face. I know that look. I know what she's thinking. She nodded her head at me and walked over to the door to open it.

    I took vannesa to the corner,cos it's about to get bloody.

      "Why don't you come in and check for yourself." Red said as she opened the door.

   The guy walked in and gasped loudly when he saw the sheriff on the floor. Before he could pull his gun out. Red shot him in the head and smiled widely.

   "I'm gonna have so much fun today" red said clapping and smiling happily.

   "Do I have to kill you also?" Red ask the officer who seemed to be in shock.

   "No, I won't get in your way." She said raising both her hands up.

    "Good..."

   "Tunde what's taking you so long?" Another officer said popping out from nowhere.

   Red immediately shot him. He let out a loud scream. Officers started running towards us shooting us from different direction. Red started shooting them one after the other.

  I put Vanessa behind me and helped her out. I began shooting the once that was out of Red's range.

   Soon different bodies started dropping.

  "You guys should leave this place right now. I'm sure they've called for back up." The female officer from earlier yelled out. I nodded and went to where Red was and told her we needed to leave.

    We started running towards the exit, shooting anyone that was in our way. I held Vanessa tightly, not wanting to lose her for the second time.

     We finally got to where our car was. Red was about to go in the driver's seat when I spotted the blood on her left hand.

  "Red, you got shot. Gimme the keys." I said pointing to her hand.

  "There's no time for that just get in.we will switch seat when we're far away from here." She said getting in.

  The officers were still shooting. I helped Vanessa in the backseat, ducking some of the shots from the officers.

   I aimed my gun at them and shot  three of officers that was still firing shots at us.

    Red drove out of the place in speed. I didn't expect this whole mission to go sideways. But I'm happy we are all alive.

     Red was driving at an unearthly speed Right now. I just pray we don't die. Vanessa was curled up to my side. Whimpering. She looks so scared. I held her tightly. Kissing her head.

         The police car was following behind us, but they were far behind. Red's car is faster than their run down police car.

       We drove into the parking lot of a restaurant. "Are you insane?! We are being chased and you're stopping at a restaurant?!" I yelled at Red who is way too calm.

   "Here, get down. There's a car waiting for us here." She said throwing me a key.

   I immediately got down and helped Vanessa down. Red pointed the car and we ran towards it.

    I helped Vanessa into the back seat.she can't even move properly due to the shock. I got in the driver's seat while Red got into the passenger seat.

   We drove out of the restaurant towards Faith's house. We've already lost the  police. I'm not even surprised we lost them.

        We go to Faith's house. I helped Vanessa out. Red is holding up pretty well, but I will have to remove the bullet from her hand once we get into the house.

   "Red are you okay?" I asked just to be sure.

  "Yes I am. I just need to get this stupid bullet out of me." She groaned.

    Everyone was waiting patiently in the living room for us. "Mommyyyy..." Dami yelled running towards Vanessa.

      The entire Lagos police force is looking for y'all. Faith informed us.

   "That can be taken care of.... In the meantime, Red follow me to the bathroom so I can take the bullet out." I said taking Red to the bathroom.

     She sat on the counter. While I removed the bullet from her. Apparently she was shot on the shoulder. I cleaned the wound and wrapped it up with a bandage.

    We walked out of the bathroom. To the living room, Laurel was having a deep conversation with Vanessa, who was seated with her knees pressed to her chest.

      "I know the inspector general. We will meet up with him tommorow and have him call off the search." Red said patting my shoulder.

   "Great.....what would I have done without you?"

   "You would probably have been dead" she said shrugging.

   "You're not going home right?"

   "I am. My girlfriend will kill me if I don't return and also kill me when I return with an injury."

   "You have a girlfriend?!" I asked surprised. I know she does give off gay vibes, but I didn't actually know she would actually be the type to be in a relationship.

  "I don't like repeating myself.....now bye. Goodnight lovelies." She waved everyone and even ruffled Dami's hair.

   I walked her to her car and hugged her. "Thank you so much Red."

   "Oh, it was nothing. Im actually happy you called me. I haven't had so much fun in a while. I should be thanking you." She said and got in her car.

   I got back into the house and was met by Dami.i picked her up kissing her cheeks making her giggle.

   "Daddy you came back like you promised."

   "Yes,baby. I never break my promises."

  "So we can now go back home?"

  "Yes, after Im done taken care of some stuff." She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. I've really missed this kid so much.

   I looked over at Vanessa, who was in Laurel embrace making me smile.

     Finally, I got my girls back.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1K 31
For a long time, I've always seen couples and wondered when it would be my turn for my gay love story. I wondered about it as I drank my coffee. I be...
2.3K 220 16
Book three of Country Core Series. From birth, Trinity saw the world differently than her peers. Not that she knew much of her peers in her childhoo...
106K 4.8K 18
They were only supposed to be acting, it should all have been pretense, so how dare she fall in love. Falling in love wasn't part of the agreement...