𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… 𝐒𝐄𝐋...

By sadgirlzera

Selina Aakifah Maxwell was just like her mother. At the age of 16, she was the Queen of Pengry Private School... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
TOUR DATES
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Epilogue
Book Four: The Rules of Lorenzo

Twenty Two

5.7K 155 42
By sadgirlzera

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

The morning came rather shortly, I must have been in a deep sleep. After putting my dress back on, I walked down the stairs, a pleasant smile on my face. Ricardo sat in his kitchen, pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"Morning," I said, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. He was dressed in a white dress shirt, the selves rolled up at his elbows, exposing his tattooed and veiny forearms. As usual, he looked incredible.

"I went to the store before you woke up and bought you some cereal,"

I blushed, he was thinking of me.

"Thanks," Grabbing the cereal, I pour it into a bowl before pouring some milk. Taking the bowl, I sit next to him and take his glass of orange juice. He was unfazed by it, almost as if he knew I was going to steal his drink.

"So," I said, his brown eyes landing on me. "What are you doing today?"

"I have some business regarding the races and then, I'll be at the shop. What about you?"

"Just some promo stuff with my manager and publicist. How about we meet up again later?"

Before he could answer me, the doorbell rang and my eyes followed him as he opened the front door.

A woman stood on the other side, her hands in her back pockets. His eyes ran up and down her attire and he frowned gently. "Anisa?"

"Ricky," She smiled, with a thick Spanish accent. Black shorts and a black leather jacket clung to her body, a collar secured around her neck. She wore ripped fishnet tights on her toned thighs, that traveled down to her combat boots. A piercing sat on her nose, along with a few tattoos on her arms. I even notice the motorcycle that was parked on the driveway.

She looked completely different from me, and I wondered how he knew her.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Spain?" He asked, confusion laced in his voice. I looked between them, noticing the way their eyes were only trained on each other.

"Just because I couldn't move to America with you doesn't mean I couldn't visit," She asked, tilting her head to the side. "And this is the house we decided on together, so I just wanted to see it in person,"

What the fuck?

He didn't move his gaze away from her, and I swore I felt a knife stab my stomach once again. Slowly I made my way over to them and crossed my arms. She finally noticed me and produced a tight smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had company. I'm Anisa," She held out her hand, gesturing for me to take it. "His ex-girlfriend,"

Slowly, I shook her hand, feeling anger deep through my veins. On her shoulder was the same crescent tattoo I had seen on Ricardo yesterday, the same exact design.

I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe, my emotions were all over the place. Anisa was his first love, I was just a placeholder and someone for him to fuck. His heart belonged to her, it was obvious.

"You're Selina Maxwell, right? I've heard about you. You're quite famous in Spain. Your music is very alluring," I nodded, failing to produce any words. I could feel my heart breaking once again, causing my eyes to grow blurry.

"I think I'm going to head home," I said, trying to hide my tears. All I wanted to do was go home and cry to my mother, she always knew exactly what to say to make me feel better.

Anyone could hear the pain in my voice.

My body felt drained, emotionally empty to the point where I didn't know if I ever wanted to love again. How was I so heartbroken over a person that never even dated me?

"Dove," I heard from behind me, and I closed my eyes, lowering my head. Slowly, I turned around and faced the man that I wished I had never met.

"You're upset," Ricardo said, confusion laced in his orbs. It was shocking, he had no idea the effect he had on me.

"Why wouldn't I be? Your ex-girlfriend is here and you two look like you're still together. The way you looked at her was humbling,"

Anisa looked between us, her eyebrows furrowed together.

He played with the rings on his fingers and walked toward me. "Why does it concern you? We're not together,"

"But I—," I groaned, throwing my hands up, even more tears falling from my eyes. "Don't you want us to be something?"

He ran his hand through his dark strands. Finally, he turned his head, looking at Anisa.

It didn't take long for me to realize he wasn't going to give me an answer and I felt the life in my body get sucked away. This is what I got for calling him mine.

"You used me," I said, feeling my eyes growing blurry, my lips parting. "You took advantage of the fact that I liked you to get into my pants,"

"Come on, Selina. I don't owe you an apology, we were having fun,"

"Fun is riding a bike down the street. Fun is playing tennis or riding a horse. Fun isn't telling someone they're the most special girl in the world only to not mean any of it. Fun isn't sleeping with the girl that you know has feelings for you. Fun isn't making her feel any less than she already does," My voice cracked but I didn't care. I needed him to know how much he hurt me, how much he embarrassed me.

"Don't do this. We can still—,"

"Fuck?" I asked, crossing my arms. Suddenly my eyes widened, and it all clicked. "You never took me seriously," I whispered, my lips trembling.

He tried to grab my hand but I simply took a step back, and a suffocating silence surrounded us. I scoffed, grabbing my keys with shaky hands and opening my car door. I was about to get inside when his hand closed the door, and his body flushed against my back.

"Look, I care about you, Selina. A lot more than you think," He whispered in my ear.

"But you like her,"

"I don't like anyone," He assured, and I rolled my eyes, turning around.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

We stared at each other for a moment, those eyes that used to make me weak only fueled my hatred for him.

I shook my head, and opened the door again, this time he didn't stop me. After getting inside, I turned the car on and drove off. I made the mistake of looking back, only to see his eyes were still planted on my car.

When I returned to my manor, I parked in front, handing my keys to the valet. I knocked on my mother and father's door, soon hearing my mother's voice from the other side. Luckily, my father was in the shower so it was just the two of us.

"Hey, baby," She said, adjusting the glasses on the bridge of her nose, as she sat at the table in their master bedroom room. When she noticed the tears that fell from my eyes, she quickly stood up and pulled me into her arms. Whenever we could, my mom and I always hugged, I was so glad that I had loving parents who just wanted me to be happy.

"What's wrong?"

I found myself crying even more. Whenever someone asked me that question, I always began sobbing. I just had no control over my body anymore.

"I just hate men..." I started but my voice died out. When she put two and two together, she pulled me for another hug, her arms wrapped around me. "You are so beautiful, my love. Don't you ever forget it, okay?"

We stayed like that for a while, she held me in her arms while whisperings sweet nothings in my ear. I was never one to share my feelings with anyone, but my mother knew the most about me. She could see through my fake smiles, she could see the tear stains under my makeup.

"Now, stop crying. I didn't give birth to a weak bitch," She said, and I smiled softly, another tear falling down my cheek.

••••

This chapter was ehh. I could have made it better but whatever.

Ricardo's back to being a dick but I guess we didn't expect anything less. What do you think is going to happen now?

Thanks for the support.

- Best, Niki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.7K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
187K 1.6K 55
"Pick up the vibrator." I picked it up, placing it against my opening. "Good girl." I moan at his words, biting down my bottom lip. "Now. Slowly push...
60.4K 906 37
"What's your name?" His tattooed fingers tapped my knee, his tone was flatter and more insistent this time, I swallowed hard. "Juliette Larson," I wa...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...