𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… 𝐒𝐄𝐋...

By sadgirlzera

Selina Aakifah Maxwell was just like her mother. At the age of 16, she was the Queen of Pengry Private School... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
TOUR DATES
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Epilogue
Book Four: The Rules of Lorenzo

Fifteen

6.4K 163 8
By sadgirlzera

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

Storms were the only thing I really feared in my life. I hated the flash of lighting and the sound of thunder. They were terrifying.

But when I met Ricardo, it all changed. Now, I was scared of him because he had manipulated me at a time when I was vulnerable. Never again, will I let another man prey on me when I'm weak. Never again.

I hadn't spoken to him in 2 weeks but that didn't mean I didn't think of him every second. It was the Aquarius in me.

My life felt like one big cycle. Wake up, head to the studio, get glammed up for an interview, get ready for a photoshoot, and come back home. The only exciting part of my life was my album coming out, and I just had to finish up two songs before then.

Since I had just shared my album date, Selina Maxwell was trending on Twitter and I was #3 in the entire world. Seems like all those interviews and photoshoots really traveled far. 

"Alright, mom. You ready?" I asked my mother who only granted me a smile. Mom was beautiful, I knew why dad fell hard for her. We were currently in the studio and we were recording the Intro to my album, Mama's Wisdom.

I knew my fans were mostly women and didn't want them to lose themselves to a man that wasn't any good, the same way I had. My mother was perfect to say this because she was older, so she could be the sister, the mother, or the best friend that they needed.

Tj gave us a thumbs up, and soon the soundtrack started. It was composed of a deep cello, one that highlighted all the anger from my past situationships.
Mom placed her hands on her headphones, an excited glint evident in her eyes.

"Always protect your heart, always protect yourself," She started, her voice gentle and pure.

"You may think you found someone who completes you but sometimes being complete, kills you.

You want to leave your other side open so you can continue to discover yourself, continue to hang out with your people and continue to have fun.

You're young and you're just living life. Enjoy yourself, and learn to love the body you've been gifted.

Being so serious with someone so young and quickly is not always the best. You're only giving someone the power to ruin you and in the end, it's up to you to pick up the pieces.

No matter how good you think someone is, always read the flags. They'll be the reason why you'll leave,"

The cello slowly died out and I pulled her for a hug, her blonde hair resting on my shoulder. "That was perfect, mom,"

"Good. I was afraid I would mess up," She giggled, once we broke apart. Together, we walked out, feeling the AC brush against our skin.

"Maybe, I should dye my hair blonde?" I said, shrugging earning chuckles from Tj. Mom just shook her head, kissing my cheek. "You know your father would kill you. Anyway, I've got to prepare for my court case tomorrow. I'll see you at home?"

I nodded, watching as she grabbed her belongings and walked out, leaving us alone. I plopped onto the couch, and Tj handed me a bottle of water. "Don't get too comfortable. Doja is coming any second now,"

"Oh shit, she's today?" I asked, pulling myself up from the couch. "I thought we were recording Boyfriend tomorrow?"

He only shook his head, and my nerves began to dance. Doja Cat was another one of my idols. The way she moved on stage was mesmerizing and she was also very versatile. The fact that I was meeting her was unlike anything I've ever gone through. I would be working with The Doja Cat.

"She just texted me. She's here," He said, standing up from the chair. I wasn't surprised to see he had her number. After all, Tj was the producer of Streets.

When he opened the door and she walked inside, my eyes widened. Tj pulled her for a hug, saying it was good to see her or something like that. I was stuck in the corner, frozen while my brain felt like it was on fire.

"Selina," She said, and my throat tightened. Tj watched me as I slowly made my way over. "Oh my god. I'm like totally fangirling right now. The stuff you've done in the last year was insane. I mean, Planet Her was incredible,"

"Thank you," She smiled. "Honestly, I don't normally do this type of shit but I think you're fucking fire so I'll let you call me Amala,"

"Okay," I whispered, nodding my head. "Amala,"

For the next hour, we read over the lyrics and planned the song layout. Next, we headed into the room, recording the main vocals and the background vocals.
After we left the room, we listened back to the song once again. The melody consisted of an electric guitar, bringing a rough edge to my album.

"Was it all my fault?
Should I have approached you differently?
But I told these were my rules, you should have listened,"

The beat dropped, and I moved my head along.

"I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend.
I'm just looking for someone.
Someone I can call for just one night, I'll admit.
I told you, don't give me your heart cause I'll break it.
I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend (boyfriend),"

"You let me get my claws in on you.
You let me do what I do.
I said I'll leave an imprint like a tattoo.
With me, your heart will change into a royal blue.
You should have known I wasn't any good.
Got me acting like it's Hollywood.
I'm just doing my job.
Doing what I'm supposed to do, oh baby,"

"I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend.
I'm just looking for someone.
Someone I can call for just one night, I'll admit.
I told you, don't give me your heart cause I'll break it.
I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend,"

Amala's verse began playing, and her voice sounded incredible.

"Saw you looking at me in the club.
I can tell you love the way I drip.
Hope you not expecting too much from me.
But can I slide outta yours and into mine?
I just got a feeling we might fuck for a long long time.
That romance shit is overrated, just let me come over.
I'll wear my red lingerie if you pick me in the rover.
I just wanna see you, is that too much to ask?"

Now, both of our voices blended together. She sang the lower pitch while I sang the higher pitch.

"I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend.
I'm just looking for someone (someone).
Someone I can call for just one night, I'll admit.
I told you, don't give me your heart cause I'll break it.
I told you I wasn't looking for a boyfriend, yeah,"

The melody slowly died out, and nothing but the sound of my humming could be heard.

"Jesus," Tj said. "There's your 1 billion streams right there,"

"I think that was my favorite fucking feature. I'm dead serious," She told me, and my eyes widened. "Your voice is unlike anything I've heard of before. You're a real star, Selina,"

"You have no idea how much that means to me,"

"I'm just being honest,"

"So how's that boy of yours—The dude from Stranger things?" TJ asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I narrowed my eyes, noticing how awkward he suddenly became.

Amala frowned and rolled her eyes. "He was never mine, to begin with. And there were leaked pictures of him with a white girl so safe to say, there's nothing between us,"

"Damn," He said, his tongue sliding across his bottom lip. "What you need is a man who knows what he wants,"

"Oh please. I don't need a man," With that, she laid down on the couch, and I nodded at her words.

After we got takeout and the three of us just talked about everything under the sun. It felt refreshing to share conversations with people I could relate to.
Amala was impressively funny. At every opportunity, she would crack a joke here and there. Before we knew it, it was late at night, and time for us to head our separate ways.

"I know my manager won't agree with this but here's my number. I want to stay close to you," She told me, and I smiled, pulling her for a hug.

"It was an honor,"

"Selina Maxwell, you're on in 5,"

I nodded, standing up from my makeup chair and pacing around my dressing room. Today, I was going on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and to say I wasn't nervous would be an understatement. Thousands of people were going to watch me tonight, and my nerves weren't resting.

I was guided to a prop elevator that was used at all the entrances. "Relax, Selina. Remember to smile, always smile," Running my hands through my straightened hair, a sigh escaped my lips

"Please Welcome Selina Maxwell!" The elevator doors opened and I walked inside, waving at the loud audience. Making my way over to Jimmy, I pulled him for a hug before sitting down.

"It is good to finally meet you. You know we had your father here, back when I was young," He said, earning a laugh from the audience.

"So you have us permission to release the album cover and the track list," He said, and I smiled, placing my hands together, nervously. "Are you ready?"

"I'm so excited,"

"Then Allow me to introduce Selina Maxwell's first album Resurrection," He said, pulling out a display of my album picture and tracklist.

The audience cheered, and I earned a standing ovation. As my eyes bounced from person to person, a genuine smile landed on my lips. I couldn't believe people were this excited about my album. The fans made my life worthy, they made my life living. Even though everything else had made me upset, music was something I could always look towards. It made me feel at home.

And I wouldn't wish for anything else in my life.

•••
Ya'll I'm really #1 Sensual as I'm writing this ( August 11th, 2022) Like that's crazy.

I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting my books.

You guys make writing fun. I love it when you comment and leave votes, it encourages me.

What do you think will happen next? Leave a comment, I don't bite.

Ricardo is a complete dick to my baby Selina. She ain't even do anything wrong but have a little crush.

Anyway, I saw Doja cat shaved her eyebrows on instagram, she will not be doing that in this story.😭

Thanks once again.

Best, Niki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

823K 14.8K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
187K 1.6K 55
"Pick up the vibrator." I picked it up, placing it against my opening. "Good girl." I moan at his words, biting down my bottom lip. "Now. Slowly push...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...