Forever Hers | 18+

Oleh Aurelia_2392

This is book 2 in the "Beautiful Destruction" series. You MUST READ "Theirs to Claim" first in order to under... Lebih Banyak

D i s c l a i m e r
C h a p t e r 1
C h a p t e r 2
C h a p t e r 3
C h a p t e r 4
C h a p t e r 5
C h a p t e r 6
C h a p t e r 7
C h a p t e r 8
C h a p t e r 9
C h a p t e r 10
C h a p t e r 11
C h a p t e r 12
C h a p t e r 13
C h a p t e r 14
C h a p t e r 15
C h a p t e r 16
C h a p t e r 17
C h a p t e r 18
C h a p t e r 19
C h a p t e r 20
C h a p t e r 21
C h a p t e r 22
C h a p t e r 23
C h a p t e r 24
C h a p t e r 25
C h a p t e r 26
C h a p t e r 27
C h a p t e r 28
C h a p t e r 29
C h a p t e r 30
C h a p t e r 31
C h a p t e r 32
C h a p t e r 33
C h a p t e r 34
C h a p t e r 35
C h a p t e r 36
C h a p t e r 37
C h a p t e r 38
C h a p t e r 39
C h a p t e r 40
C h a p t e r 41
C h a p t e r 43
C h a p t e r 44
C h a p t e r 45
C h a p t e r 46

C h a p t e r 42

22K 675 306
Oleh Aurelia_2392

Chapter 42 : Alec
Tuesday, December 27th, 2022

A chorus of groans ensue at the sound of my vibrating phone on the bedside table. Opening my eyes and reaching over to grab it, I instantly become more awake when I see the Caller ID. 

"Alecccc," Caleb groans as sleeping beauty himself tosses a pillow at my face. It's ignored as I throw off the covers and step out of the room, a quick glance at my clock telling me it's not even 4:00 AM yet. Business never has cared for rest.

 "Alec Sawyer speaking." Pressing the phone to my ear, a woman's voice soon fills the other line. 

"Mr. Sawyer, as per your request, I am calling to inform you of the results in relation to subject 00390. I'll give you a few minutes to situate yourself should it be necessary. Let me know when you're ready to proceed." 

Heading downstairs and into Caleb's office, I take a seat in his chair before grabbing a stray pen and paper.

This conversation has everything to do with Madelyn and the fact that Lev Ivankov dropped off a package for her two days ago with claims it was simply left on her old apartment's doorstep. 

I'm calling BS. 

"Please proceed," I confirm, and when I hear a shuffle at the door behind me, my heart stutters to see Madelyn there drowning in one of Xavier's t-shirts. "Come," I mouth silently while holding out my hand to her, hating what she's about to hear but knowing it was her right regardless.

Placing my phone down on the desk, I hit the speaker button so Madelyn can be a part of the conversation too. 

"As we expected, mixed DNA results were obtained from the various swabs we took, indicating the presence of DNA from at least four individuals; at least three males, at least one female." 

Madelyn was silent as she finally braved stepping into the room, shuffling to my side before I pulled her into my lap. As Maria, my hired forensic analyst, continued her report, I closed my eyes and kissed the side of her head, wishing I could take away the worry and confusion that marred her once rested expression. 

It was mere seconds before Caleb and Xavier joined us.

"On the box's exterior, the prints found were a match with those of Caleb Harris and Lev Ivankov. What's curious is that we also found small traces of DFO powder present on the box prior to our own attempts at detecting the latent fingerprints. This means—"

"Somebody did their own check for incriminating evidence prior to," I interrupt, the gears spinning in my brain damn near giving me a headache. 

It was too early for this. 

"Exactly," Maria confirms. "Whoever left you this box has a very perplexed mindset. Why take the time to remove any fingerprint evidence from the exterior when DNA evidence is intentionally left on the interior?"

"Perhaps their intention was to deliver a message," Xavier chimes in. "One where he or she only revealed what they wanted us to find?"

My heart was racing in my chest at all of these discoveries. 

Something wasn't right here. Apart from Madelyn having a stalker in the first place, something about this felt too dark, too manipulative. 

I've done and seen worse throughout my career so I don't know why I'm so irked by this in particular, but if the Mafia has taught me anything, it's to never doubt your gut. If you do, it's only a matter of time before you're dead. 

"Behaviors like this are most often conclusive within stalkers," Maria ponders aloud, causing Madelyn to stiffen where she's sat on top of me. "The underwear speaks to their passion, their obsession with—" 

"Wait..." Madelyn suddenly speaks up, her eyes shooting to me in confusion. "I don't understand, what is all of this about?" 

I frown as the panic begins to seep into her eyes, but I made my promise to not hide things anymore, and I was going to stick by it. 

"Maria, what you're telling me is that we have nothing then?" I ask, my tone hinting that this conversation was coming to a wrap. 

"With the DNA evidence I have been provided with, I'm afraid not Sir."

A near silent sigh escapes me as I plant another kiss to Madelyn's forehead, but I cannot fault Maria for what is not there.

I conclude the call with a polite thank you and tell her I will keep in touch. With her payment already sent, now all that was left was a second conversation, one that was much harder to have. Moving to a more comfortable setting to accommodate the four of us, we were soon settled on the living room couches with coffees in hand. 

"You okay?" Caleb asks as Madelyn takes a seat beside him, thanking me as I gently toss a blanket over the two of them. 

"Yeah," she murmurs, but I know the little information she currently has must be stressful on her. It's been weeks since we've heard anything from this Darmonio prick, and all of a sudden he's sending out gifts on Christmas. 

I don't like any of this. 

Even as I relay what happened for a second time, things only seem to grow more confusing.

"But I still don't understand," Madelyn's voice betrays her as her words contain a slight quiver to them, and I hate most of all that this is impacting what was supposed to be a relaxing week. "He sent me a box of my own items... as a gift?"

 Items she'd left behind in her studio apartment. Items including her forgotten panties that he'd taken the time to cover in his own semen. 

The second Maria had collected the necessary evidence, I had them burned. I saw to each and every one of them being lit on fire until there was nothing left that could hurt what's mine. Madelyn's underwear was only an example. As soon as we catch this fucker, I'm going to personally ensure that hell would've been a kinder sentence than what he will be forced endure as repentance. 

My fists have to remain clenched at all times with how angry I am, hating myself for not having found her stalker yet. I am heir to the Mafia for fucks sake and my best friend already holds the title of Don. We have more resources than the Government of the United States, and we can't track down some limp-dicked little boy who has nothing better to do with his time than jerk himself off with worn garments.

It makes me want to burn the whole apartment complex to ashes just in case he's stupid enough to try and come back for more. 

"I know, princess. None of this makes sense," I say, reaching over to grab her hand in mine. "I'm going to find answers though. This has gone too far, and nobody gets to hurt the people that I love. Nobody."

I look to both Caleb and Xavier who are both sporting the same look as I am, understanding in their eyes as we have already discussed our next course of action. 

We've been waiting around for far too long for Darmonio to come to us, and now that we know Madelyn's stalker is male, we were able to narrow down our suspects just slightly. 

For example, her ex from the Keep, Kiana, is no longer a main focus for us. 

Regardless, this lead was minuscule and I needed to change that. I had to. There is no cost too high when it comes to the protection of the girl I was going to spend the rest of my life with. 

"But how?" Madelyn asks. "No matter what we do, my stalker always seems to be one step ahead of us."

I know that too. That's why the only other choice I have is to do something no one would expect us to do.

Standing from my seat, I walk over until I'm by her side again, leaning my body weight against the arm of the couch. My fingers glide gently over her cheek with the knowledge she likely needs the support, especially when I can only offer her a half answer. 

"Do you trust me?" I say.

She answers without a moment of hesitation, "Of course."

"This man, Madelyn... we can conclude he's somebody you know, and well." Panic flickers in her eyes, but there's also determination there. She can handle it, she has to. "In the mafia we all have our strengths, and mine is understanding an individual's psychology. Whoever this person is doesn't just want you sexually. This isn't a past lover fueled by rejection. This is somebody who wants your soul. The very essence that makes you human."

"Alec, what are you going to do?" Madelyn asks more firmly this time, and that's when I hear the text message I've been waiting for, telling me that my meeting is confirmed. 

"He's going to San Diego." Xavier answers for me.

I'm going to pay a visit to Madelyn's long lost father, Marcus Caddel.

- End of Chapter 42 -

─────⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅─────
Looking for updates ahead of time?
Instagram: aurelia.2395

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.8K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
1.6M 12.9K 47
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 (current status: editing) 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 (𝘷.) /kreɪv/ feel a powerful desire for (something). ...
580K 12.7K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...
51.5K 1.6K 31
Book #2 in the Theirs Series- can be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading book #1 They are so beautiful. They are so powerful. They are dead...