My New Home

By TVreviewer

After suffering abuse from her dad and having to bounce from foster home to foster home, Carrie Hudson has be... More

1: Meeting The Anderson Boys
2: Family Dinner
3: Fist Night
4: Morning!
5: Adler Highschool
6: Practice
7: Workout
8: Little League (short)
9: Girl's Day Out!
10: True Intentions
11: Liam And Charlotte?
12: Brandy's Check In
13: Mrs. Anderson
14: Rainy Days (Short)
15: Comfort
16: Brent's Cookies
17: House Party
18: I'm Fine
19: Standing My Ground
20: Talking About It
21: Hard Times (short)
22: Losing And Winning In A Thin Line (short)
23: Friday Night Game
24: Get Ready With Me (short)
25: First Date
26: Fishing With Eric
27. Welcome Back
10k Special: Fun Facts And Secret Info
28. Rendezvous Minus The Sexy Parts
29. Father Figures
30. Dads Of Different Kinds
31. Daddy Dearest
32. Love Hurts
33. Mall Brats
34. Meals and Melodrama
35. Car Forplay
37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)
38. "NORMAL"
39. Nana
40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter
41. Partners....With Him?!
42. Babysitting The Boys
43. "I do not judge you"
44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame
45. The Reeds
46. Brothers Love
47. Breakfast & Besties
48. Benji, My Brother.
49. Father vs. Dad
Extra Notes: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
50. OWEN I
51. Quiet Drive
52. Hotel Hopping
53. Razor Sharp Tension
54. Owen II (Part One)
55. OWEN II (Part Two)
56. Just Like Your Mother...
57. ERIC I
58. The Time Between
59. Numb I (3rd Person)
60. Numb II (3rd Person)
61. Numb III (3rd Person)
62. Feeling I
63. Feeling II
64. RG
65. Two Months Later - Beach Day
66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day
MY NEW HOME SERIES & NEXT BOOKS

36. Brother Battle

994 45 4
By TVreviewer

It was Monday again.

No joke the worst day of the whole week.

Especially now. With having to face with the outcome yesterday's events.

I carefully come downstairs, it was super early, I was hoping to get a peaceful breakfast alone- maybe with Eric- before Owen, Hank, or Liam come down.

"Morning!" I'm met with after coming to the bottom of the stairs. It was Eric- thankfully. He was flipping pancakes in Hanks Number 1 Dad apron.

"The apron suits you." I said as I entered the dining area. I place my backpack on the seat I want to use and walk over to him.

"Thanks. I really do want to be a father soon. I mean like by ten years soon- not like now." He would make an amazing father- he's like Hank in that way.

"You'll be the first to give Hank grandkids- I'm sure of it." His eyes go wide. "I'd hope so- can't be Owen, Liam or Luke, definitely not Xander. Benji's a big no- he's seven. Oh God, out of all seven of his kids- I'll probably be the only one to give him grandkids."

I waved him off. "Nah Benji will most certainly be a dad- just not for twenty more years. And what about me?" He shrugged. "Do you want kids, Carrie?"

"Not in the distant future but someday." I can't even fathom a child right now- let alone how in the world Hank has seven of us.

"Want some freshly made pancakes?" I got a plate and let him fill it with deliciousness. I'd definitely like some.

"You talk to Owen yet?" Eric asked me out of the blue as I begun to eat.

"Not yet. He left me a note though- last night." I admitted. Eric can know, I can trust him with a lot of things. "What'd it say?" He was curious, I would be too.

"Just that he's sorry and that he loves me." Oh I can't help it, I smiled slightly at that. "He really is sorry, I could tell on his face yesterday. He's just got anger issues- hey what'd made him so angry anyway?"

I swallowed hard. "W-what do you mean?" I fake stupidity. He sighed. "Yesterday- you said something right before he hit you- What was it?" Oh jeez.

"Well I told him about seeing my dad a few days ago- he didn't let me finish and explain everything. So he thinks I want to go back to him. I don't obviously. And he was mad- I don't know."

I couldn't reveal the real reason. That the word "Gay" had struck such a nerve with him. Owen should be the one to tell Eric- to tell whoever he wants- I'm not coming out for him.

And that's all if it's true. Which I'm starting to think it is.

"Oh well- just tell him. He'll understand then. It'll all work out." If only I was as optimistic as Eric. Life would be a lot better.

"Yep." Is all I said in return.

"Carrie!" Another voice entered the room, it was Benji. He sprits toward me and jumps into my lap. I laughed.

"Good to see you too." Eric brings a big plate of pancakes and Benji digs in. Through bites, he begins to talk about what happened after I stormed off to my room.

"You shoulda seen Carrie! Liam clocked Owen in the face! Owen took it like a champ! Then he fought back and they fought! It was scary! Eric and Hank broke them up. Xander took a video, you wanna see? HEY XANDER, SHOW CARRIE THE VIDEO!" He shouted the last part so loud- no doubt the whole house woke up.

"No Benj- I don't wanna see it." Benji frowned but nodded. "NEVERMIND XANDER- DO NOT SHOW HER!" Eric tried desperately to hold in a laugh but it comes out anyway.

Hank comes barreling in- still in his dad robe. Hair messy and eyes tired. "What's with all the yelling?!"

Me and Eric pointed at Benji. Hank grumbled. "Too early to be screaming, Benj. Please pipe down." He looked at Eric. "Do me a favor today and drive Benji and Xander to school, son?" Eric nodded without a second thought. Hank really did deserve a break.

"You okay dad?" Benji asked, Hank got the energy to ruffle his sons hair. "I'm fine, just a little tired is all." Benji went back to his food after feeling satisfied with his answer.

Hank takes the opportunity to kiss the top of my head and whisper. "You doing okay? Your cheek okay?" I shrugged. "It doesn't hurt. I'm fine." I hoped to God that sounded convincing but it probably didn't.

When I looked in the mirror earlier, I got a tiny bruise on my left cheek. But it didn't hurt at all anymore so it's no big deal.

My brother hit me- that's a big deal.

"He's grounded for a long time." Hank said as he grabbed a mug of coffee that Eric made. "I should be too." Everything- including me- was surprised by that answer.

"What did you do?" Hank asked, shocked. "I made him mad." Eric answered Hank's next unanswered question. "Owen knows about her dad thing- he's mad about it." Eric whispered so Benji wouldn't hear.

"That's no reason to be grounded-" he paused and took a sip of his coffee. "But I can think of another reason." I froze. I thought about all the things I could've done to make Hank give me punishment but I only came up with one.

"What?" I asked. Benji stopped eating- he was clearly eavesdropping on our conversation. "I know your a teenage girl but- I have rules. You can't just go and spend time with Brent at night and come home damn near in the morning." I looked down- not before Benji's curios look.

I cleared my throat. "I know. I just- I needed to talk to someone." I admitted.

"You can come to me." Hank said at the same time Eric said. "You were doing more than just talking."

Hank's head snapped in Eric's direction. "Huh? What do you mean? Carrie?" He looked back at me. I curse Eric in my head.

"We didn't go all the way." I said, regretting it after seeing Hank's expression. "Hank. I'm so sorry." He sighed deeply. "Your grounded for a week. Found fair?" I nodded silently. I put my fork down, I suddenly wasn't hungry.

The room was quiet- Hank left after finishing his coffee. Benji ate all his pancakes and ran to get his backpack on. Xander was already up and getting ready from the sounds coming from the 1st floor hallway.

The twins walked into the kitchen. Luke's face looked alright. No marks or bruises. The same couldn't be said for Liam. His right eye was all purple and black and he had a few cuts on his hands.

I didn't know if he won the fight since I hadn't seen Owen's face yet.

He turned to me with a warmness that shocked me. Even though he looked hurt. "How's that face of yours?" Luke asked, getting some food for both him and Liam.

Liam walked to me, ignoring the food. And squinted at my face. "She looks alright. If there was a big bruise I'd definitely knock Owen off his rocker again-" Eric puts his hand up.

"No more fighting- please." He added the last part quietly. Liam heard him loud and clear. "I know, I know. Don't want my week long prison sentence to be longer." They laugh at his joke.

From the living room, Benji yelled. "Carries grounded too! Don't worry!" Benji I love you but that was screwed up.

Liam looked at me in confusion. "Why? You did nothing wrong?" I shrugged. My face went red when me and Eric's eyes locked.

"I'd like to know." We all look to the entrance to see Owen. In that moment I knew that Liam most certainly won that fight.

Not only did he have a black eye- but his lip was busting and he has a few cuts on his cheek and chin. It hurt just looking at him.

"Owen, Jesus!" I run over to him and examine him closer. "Are you okay?" Liam scoffed from behind us.

"She asks him- not the brother who fought for her." He murmured. "Fine." He gritted out. I can't help it- I asked. "Well does it hurt?" His eyes finally meet mine.

"I said I'm fine." I moved back- hating myself for it. I didn't actually think he would hit me for a second time but- I don't know.

He looked down, clearly embarrassed at his outburst. "Carrie, I'm sorry. I really am." Liam steps in-between us. "You think sorry is going to make everything better. You hit her. You hit your sister."

Owen doesn't look up. "I know." Eric pulled Liam away from us two. "Let Carrie decide for herself." Liam turned away and ran out of the room, Luke right behind.

"I'm sorry." He said again. I put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed. "I forgive you. Hey- we should talk after school." He nodded but still didn't look at me again.

Progress. This is progress.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey!" Charlotte yelled. I nearly fell off the metal bleachers. "Oh hey! What are you still doing here?"

It was after school- most of the other students are gone expect for the ones with after school stuff.

I don't have any of that but I was waiting for my three brothers to finish their football practice. I was sitting alone- sort of watching them- really I was reading a book I was into.

Charlotte normally goes home on the bus so it was weird seeing her here.

"Liam wanted to spend the day with me- since he's grounded and all." I nodded. She sat next to me and leaned close.

"We can all watch a movie or something- since your also grounded. I have no idea why still by the way. You did nothing wrong."

I didn't tell her about me and Brent yet. I didn't want too. Not yet. "Yeah but it's fine. I don't go out a lot anyways." She sighed looked at all of the players.

"Look at my man." She hummed. "I'm so glad he defended you." I smiled.

Earlier today- when Charlotte and Brent found out about Owen hitting me- they both had two really different reactions.

Charlotte literally jumped at him- only being stopped by Liam who grabbed her waist and threatened to kick him in the balls if he ever hurt me again. Even though I was scared for Owens life, I still laughed and appreciated her caring about me so much.

Brent just looked- I don't know- disappointed. He told him to never do it again but also tried to understand why Owen did it. He pulled him aside and they talked for a while. Nether of them told me what happened.

"I know. I love him- and Owen." I did. I really did. Charlotte groaned. "I still can't believe he did that. I mean what the hell?!" She was angry again. I put my arm around her.

"It's all good. He's forgiven." Charlotte crossed her arms. "You might have but I haven't. Owen shouldn't have-" I put my hand up. "I know."

We both grow quiet and wait for the next thirty minutes. After a while, they start to walk off to the locker room. Charlotte runs to the car and I attempt to follow her.

I'm stopped by a voice. One that makes me pissed every time I hear it.

"Carrie- wait." I turned around, seeing Elliott. I knew it was him, even with his helmet on. "No. Don't talk to me." I turned to leave but he took my hand- surprisingly gently.

The other guys were inside the locker room and Charlotte was busy on her phone by the car that's far away.

"Can we talk- just for a minute?" I pulled out of his grip and groaned. "A minute." I said, a hint of warning in my tone. He nods his head in the direction of the bleachers. He takes me below them and I start to reconsider agreeing.

"I heard that Owen hit you." He stated. "Okay and?" I crossed my arms. "So is it true?" I roll my eyes. "Why do you care?" It was his turn to cross his arms.

"So he did. Why?" I was annoyed. "It's none of your business. Elliott- My life is none of your business and yours is none of mine." He takes his helmet off then and I clearly gasp.

"Jesus!" And I thought Owen looked bad. His face banged up. Worse than both Owen and Liam combined. It was horrible- so bad that I nearly felt sympathy for him.

Almost.

"Yeah. It starts with a little hit or two but then it gets-" I put a finger in his face. "Don't say that! Owen is nothing like whoever is hurting you." I was angry now. He looked away. "I know him. Owen can get really angry. I don't want you to end up like me."

I actually laughed. "Well I don't sexual assault people so I'm nothing like you." He sucked in a breath. "I regret that." I laughed again. "I'm not going to forgive you. Ever."

"I don't want forgiveness, Carrie."

"I'm not gonna ask you what you want because I don't care. Just leave me alone. Me and Owen are just fine."

I started to see some of the guys leave the locker room. I needed to speed this up. "Times up." I turned to leave but- surprising myself- I added.

"Talk to Mrs. Edith. She might be able to help with whatever is going on in your home life. I know she'll listen at least." He was silent. As I walked away, he said. "I can't do that."

I didn't know what else to say. Owen did that for me.

"Carrie!" Owen grabbed my arm and looked furiously at Elliott. "Get the fuck away from my sister." Elliott listened and- without another word- walked away.

From the corner of my eye- I see Brent running to us. "Why- Elliott was he- Carrie what did he do?" He put a face on my cheek and rubbed it slowly.

"Leave him. It wasn't anything." Owen knitted his eyebrows together. "He shouldn't be near you. I'll kill him if he-" I snapped my head up in his direction.

"Stop it!" He moved back from shock. So did Brent. "I don't like how violent you are. I said drop it- so drop it!" He looked guilty again. "I didn't know you cared about him." Brent said, almost like he was mad.

"Of course I don't. I'm sick of you guys acting like I can't handle myself. I'm a capable girl." Brent sighed. "You are. I'm sorry." He pulled me in a hug.

"I love you." He said. Owen glanced at Brent and me but didn't say anything. "Love you." I mumbled.

"Let's go." Owen takes my arm and walks to the car in a fast walk. Everyone was already there when he got there. I said my goodbye to Brent.

The drive home was quiet. After dropping everyone off, me and Owen lingered.

"Let's go somewhere." He said after a minute.

"We can't. We're grounded." I reminded him.

He groaned. "Still don't know why you are." I waved him off. "Doesn't matter."

"Let's go to my room then. We'll talk there." I nodded as we both walked into the house and down into the basement.

* ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT! Elliott's back and trying to be nice...Carrie isn't falling for it! Owen and Carrie are about to have a heart to heart and all your queer related questions will be answered! *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652 18 15
PLEASE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY FIRST TWO STORIES "ADOPTION" AND "JUST LIKE YOU" THEN DO SO BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE! First there was the adoption. Th...
3.1K 96 22
WARNING: IN SERIOUS NEED OF AN EDIT!! "It's always been me, myself, and I. Now? More like me, myself, and others. Six more others." ••••• Haley McBri...
834 73 11
Four boys meet at Hillston boarding school and become best friends. Together they experience drama, love, trouble, parties, parents and secrets. How...
1.2K 57 30
Owen and Sarah were best friends, their mutual distaste solidifying their bond. Then Sarah got hurt and Owen couldn't pretend he didn't care anymore...