I Love You... In Every Univer...

By EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... More

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
26. Smile
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
60. That Day
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
65. The Door of Hope
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

75. Children of the Forest

329 10 5
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

In Ragako Village, several people were speaking with each other, tending horses, going about their daily lives.

The hat of a woman by the well is blown off her head by the wind onto ground.

She walked over and brushed the hat off before she turned around, distracted by a hissing noise.

She saw a strange white mist spreading through the village before it overtakes her.
.

Gas canisters, being deployed by several Marleyan soldiers spray forth the mist in thick white clouds, all of them lined up outside the village.
.

"It's called a gas weapon." Zeke's said.
.

Soilders were wearing gas masks.
.

"The gas contains some of my spinal fluid. Breathing just a slight amount makes Subjects of Ymir freeze up. They can't control their bodies and lose consciousness."
.

Cart Titan was standing behind them with several barrels strapped to its back.
.

"On my command, I send the Power of the Titans to the Coordinate via Paths."
.

The soldier standing near Zeke gave a signal before Zeke began to scream.
.

In a flash of blue lightning, the various villagers transformed into Titans.
.

"That's why the people of that village obeyed my orders."
.
.
.

"It's not 'that' village. It's Ragako." Levi said, sitting infront of a campfire. "Don't forget the name of the village you slaughtered, you bearded shit."

"Well, I didn't want to do it." Zeke said with a dull expression. "But if I hadn't, and they found out I was sided with Eldia, I couldn't have brought hope to this island. You know, I told you all this when I landed on the island. Why do you keep asking?"

"You don't have a shred of guilt in you and it shows." Levi said. "You may or may not want to save Eldia, but those lives meant nothing to you."

"I bet you're not popular. Don't act like you know someone's feelings." Zeke said.

"I do know." Levi said, looking away slightly. "And I was popular enough."

"Well, ain't that great?" Zeke asked. "So? When will Eren and I begin the test? And when will I get to meet my sister?"

"It's not up to me. We're waiting for HQ." Levi said.

"They may think they have time to spare, but they don't." Zeke said.

"Captain Levi!" A soldier called out, coming up to Levi and whispered into his ear.

"What? Are you serious?!" Levi asked.
.

The Braus family with Gabi and Falco were in front of Nicolo's restaurant.

The various family members all spoke in awe of the building.

"What a big building."

"I've never seen anything like it!"

"Me, either!"

"It's yer lucky day, kids!" Artur said.

"Y'all fixin to eat?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah!"

"What's wrong, Mia? Got the jitters?" Artur asked the clearly nervous Gabi.

"You're so nervous, Mia!"

"I know! What a total bumpkin!"

"N-No!" Gabi replied, a bit flustered. She then leaned over to Kaya. "Kaya! Does a Marleyan captive really work here?"

"It's true, so get a grip. Soldiers use this place, too." Kaya whispered back.

"It'll be good to know another Marleyan." Falco said to Gabi in a hushed tone.

"Mr. Braus! Thank you for coming!" Nicolo said, coming up to them.

"Thanks a bunch for the invite!" Artur said with a smile. Then he looked around. "M' daughter haven' arrived yet?"

"She will come shortly. Don't worry, Mr. Braus." Nicolo said and looked at the children. "Oh, my. You sure brought a crowd."

The Braus family walked in.

"Since it's on the house, I brought the whole gang. Sorry." Artur said.

The entire group was smiling, Gabi and Falco included but the sweat on their faces showed their nervousness.

"It's fine. Welcome, everyone. This way, please." Nicolo said and motioned to a table as the family went to sit.

"I'm starving, dad!"

"You and me both!"

"We skipped breakfast for this!"

Kaya went over to Gabi and Falco, placing her hand on Gabi's shoulder. "That's Nicolo, the Marleyan who invited Mr. Braus. See if he can help you."

"Mr. Braus isn't a soldier, so why was he invited?" Gabi asked.

"His daughter was the girl soldier who saved me." Kaya explained. "She was shot in her shoulder so she was in the infirmary. Nicolo met her there and purpose the idea to treat her parents. But personally, I think they are in love."

Falco gasped slightly at the realisation.

"Ben?" Artur asked. "What's wrong Tummy ache?"

"Uh, no!" Falco said.
.
.

The Braus family started eating.

Falco slowly tried the food while all the others are eagerly digging in, Gabi included.

"Delicious! I've never had anything this good!" Falco declared.
.

Nicolo was working in the kitchen. "Just wait till you've had the main dish!"

"Nicolo, you've got guests." A sever told him as he walked in carrying stacked plates.

"Huh? Who is it now?" Nicolo said.

"The Scouts." The server said.

Nicolo walked out to greet them. "You guys? What, is it urgent? My hands are full with some customers." He turned to Sasha. "And Sasha, your family has arrived already.

"Uh, you can get back to work if you want." Hange said as she raised her hands up. "It's just, we'd like to talk once you're done."

"Talk? About what?" Nicolo asked.

"Oh, you know. Like any concerns you have." Hange said.

Onyankopon then stepped forward. "They're investigating our detainment. We're hoping you can help."

"Yeah, all right." Nicolo responded with a serious look on his face. He led them to an empty dining room. "You can wait here."

"I will come shortly, Nicolo." Sasha said.

"Oh? What a fancy room." Hange said.

"I bet it's reserved for MPs." Connie said.

"Huh? Is this the wine all the soldiers are gossiping about?!" Jean asked as he picked a bottle up. "They say only higher ranks can get it!"

"Yeah? Aren't we high rank in the Scouts?" Connie said.

"Don't touch that!" Nicolo shouted as he dove between the two, wrestling the wine out of their hands and into his embrace.

"Ch-Chill out, Nicolo. We're just screwing around. No need to overreact." Jean said, surprised at his actions.

Nicolo's face was one of frustration and simmering anger. "This good stuff would be wasted on Eldians!"

"Huh?" Sasha said in confusion.

"Nicolo, you're still saying stuff like that?" Jean said and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "The booze don't give a damn what a race we are!"

"Don't touch me, Eldian! Just because I've been nice doesn't make us pals." Nicolo yelled.

Jean then snarled at him. "Have you forgotten what you are? You're just a-"

"A filthy captive, huh? That makes us even Eldian." Nicolo said, a bit nervous. He pulled himself away and walked out of the room.

"What's his problem?" Connie asked, confused.

"Dammit! Hell if I know." Jean said.

Faye and Mikasa looked at eachother and shrugged.
.

Nicolo walked away from the room, a nervous and worried look on his face.

As he walked past the dining room with the Braus family Gabi and Falco saw him.

"Go." Gabi told Falco.

"Argh! My stomach hurts!" Falco proclaimed loudly on que.

"You okay, Ben?" Artur asked.

"Eat something bad?" Lisa asked.

The Braus family looked at him with concerned looks.

Falco stood up. "I think I need to use the restroom!" He then walked off, hunched over.

Gabi then stood up, too. "I think I better go help my brother!"

'Good luck.' Kaya thought to herself.
.

Down in the cellar, Nicolo was hunched over the table, looking exhausted.

He turned around and saw Gabi and Falco walking down the stairs.

"Hmm? The restroom is the other way." Nicolo said.

"That's not why we're here, Nicolo." Falco said.

"We came from Marley. We're Warrior candidates." Gabi explained.

"What?" Nicolo said and gasped.

"We think there will be a huge offensive against the island soon." Falco said.

"Until then, hang in there! And let any of your Marleyan comrades know!" Gabi said.

They both continued to explain.

Nicolo put his hands up, looking worried and confused. "H-Hold up! What are Warrior candidates doing here?"

"The island devils raided Liberio. We got aboard their airship as it retreated and rode it here." Gabi explained.

Nicolo gasped again with wide eyes. "Did you... shot anyone? A female... soldier?"

Falco gasped as it dawned on him, his face one of terror.

"Yes, I did!" Gabi said with a smile. "I've only killed a few, but our real revenge has yet to begin!"

"Gabi, wait! Hey!" Falco said.

Nicolo continued to stare at them as Gabi continued even as Falco put a hand on her shoulder.

"We won't let those spineless devils get away with-" Gabi said.

"Gabi, stop!" Falco proclaimed.

"What?!" Gabi asked Falco, turning to him.

"So it was you..." Nicolo muttered in a low tone. He brought his hand up. "...Who shot her? You're the one who shot Sasha?" He swang his hand towards Gabi.

Falco shoved Gabi out of the way and took the hit.

Gabi was thrown back and Falco's head hit the counter and the wine fell near his face on the floor and broke down.

Nicolo stood there, staring at them.

Gabi slowly picked herself up. "Falco?!"

Falco was laying on the ground in a pool of wine.

Nicolo breathed heavily.

"Hey, Falco!" Gabi yelled and rushed over to tend him. "Are you okay, Falco?!"

Nicolo continued to stare at them.

"Falco! Falco! Get up! Wake up!" Gabi said and began to shake him but he didn't budge. "Falco! Hey! Say something!"

"S-Shit!" Nicolo muttered in a panic.

Gabi turned to see Nicolo swing a punch across her face.
.
.

Upstairs the Braus family was eating when Nicolo came in, dropped Gabi on the floor.

Nicolo was holding an injured Falco under his arm.

"Nicolo! What'd you to Ben and Mia?!" Artur asked while Lisa looked horrified behind him.

Gabi began to pick herself up, her nose and mouth bloody.

"She's the one who shot Sasha. She could have taken your daughter's life." Nicolo said in a calmer. "Though she's just a kid, she's a trained Marleyan soldier. She got aboard the airship leaving Marley and shot your daughter."
.

The other family members just continued to stare at her.
.

"She shot Sasha." Nicolo said.

"Daughter." Gabi muttered looking up at them. She gasped as she met their gaze.

Nicolo clenched his fist. "Mr. Braus, here. If you can't punish her then I will."

Artur and Lisa stared right at his fist.

Armin appeared at the doorway. "Wh-What the-?! Come here, guys!" he shouted down the hall.

"Huh? What is it?" Hange asked from
down the hallway.

Jean, Connie, Faye, Mikasa and Sasha walked in.

"The kid who shot Sasha! What's going on, Nicolo? I heard she's on the run!" Jean asked.

Nicolo didn't respond.

"What do you think you are doing?" Faye asked.

"Don't move!" Nicolo yelled and brought a knife to Falco's throat. "Get back! I'm punishing her! Stay put!"

"Stop..." Gabi muttered. Nicolo looked down at her. "Not Falco!"

Sasha rushed towards him. "Nicolo stop. Let's us handle her."

Nicolo hesitantly nodded and slowly dropped Falco to the ground. "I am... Sorry..."

Mikasa walked over to Gabi, a hand on her back and one on her chin. "Are you hurt?"

"Mia... You okay?" Artur asked her.

Gabi's eyes were watering as she stared in shock. "Do you really... not hate me?"

Kaya grabbed the knife from the table and ran around Mikasa, lunging at Gabi her face full of tears and rage.

"Kaya! No!" Sasha shouted.

Kaya was about to stab her when the blade was stopped an inch away from the back of Gabi's head.

Kaya snarled in frustration as Mikasa held her arm.

"Kaya..." Gabi muttered, staring at her in shock.

"How dare you?!" Kaya yelled while she was held back by Sasha. "I thought you were a friend. But you almost killed her!"

"Kaya. I am still alive. Don't worry." Sasha said, patting her head.

"Let's move you. Come on!" Armin said, holding Gabi by her back and picking her up.
.

Gabi walked down the hall with Mikasa and Armin, her eyes stared at the ground before her as she seemed almost dazed.
.

Nicolo looked over at them. "Now the food's gone cold." He looked ahead. "Hange-san, try to rinse out that kid's mouth. Some wine got in it."

"Huh?" Hange said, looking over from tending Falco with Onyankopon.

Nicolo looked down. "Though... it's probably too late."

Hange gasped. "What's in... the wine?"

"I think... Zeke's spinal fluid." Nicolo replied.
.

"Zachary's office was blown off?" Levi exclaimed at another scout.

"Yes. The Yeagerists effectively control everything in the walls." A soldier explained to him.

"We think it's all a part of some plan Zeke put together using Yelena and Eren."

"And?" Levi asked, standing with two soldiers.

"Soon, the Yeagerists may bring Eren to see Zeke like they've been demanding."

"I see." Levi said and turned around.

Another soilder came up to Levi and muttered something in his ear and Levi nodded in reply.
.

Jean slammed Nicolo against the wall. "What do you mean?! Zeke's spinal fluid is in the wine?!" He held Nicolo by his collar.

"I don't have proof..." Nicolo said in a fearful and strangled tone.
.

Falco's mouth was having water poured into it by Faye, trying to rinse the wine out.

"Again." Hange said to Faye as she finished pouring.
.

"Around the time I secured my job here as a chef, I was told to serve it to high-ranking officers." Nicolo said.
.

"One more time." Hange said to Faye.
.

Jean slammed Nicolo against the wall again. "By who?"

Nicolo shifted his gaze away. "Yelena. As far as I know, she's the only one in on it."
.

Hange and Onyankopon stared at him.
.

"Can't speak for the other volunteers." Nicolo said.

Hange looked at Onyankopon.

"Th-this is the first time I've heard about it!" Onyankopon said in a panicked tone.

"It doesn't make sense! Don't Eldians freeze up if they drink his spinal fluid?" Connie asked.

"According to Zeke. Nobody witnessed it, so there's no way to confirm it." Hange said. "But... the effectiveness of his little lie has been enormous." Her eyes widened. "Because nobody has frozen up, no one is even aware they drank it."

"Yeah, but... You don't know for sure, right?" Jean asked Nicolo with a distressed look.

"Yeah, I can't prove it." Nicolo said. "But Marleyans know how Zeke's spinal fluid has been used in the past. About ten years ago, we conquered a capital in just one night. Hundreds of Titans sprung up in the city. Unless that's what she's plotting." He said while the rest continued to look at him. "I don't know why she wants it served to your military's top officers."

"So earlier, you grabbed the wine away 'cuz you were protecting us?" Jean asked him.

"Who knows? I don't know what I'm doing." Nicolo muttered. "I came here to save the world from island devils. Now that I've opened my mouth, I'm sure my days are numbered." He grabbed Jean's arm. "I was about to hurt a child? What's wrong with me?" He began to cry and weep.

"Nicolo..." Sasha muttered.
.

Hange and Faye shared a look and nodded.
.

In another room Gabi was at a table with Armin sitting across from her and Mikasa standing next to her.

"Why did you protect me?" Gabi asked with that sullen look still in her eyes.

"Because. I don't have a reason." Mikasa answered.

"I'm the one who killed your comrade. I'm the one who bludgeoned the guard." Gabi muttered. "Falco didn't do it. Kill me, not him."

"We won't kill you." Armin said with a straight face.

Gabi looked up at him. "But you want to, don't you?"

"No. It's kind of justified in a way." Armin said. "We destroyed your home and you just wanted to get revenge on us."

Eren suddenly walked in the room.

Armin and Mikasa turned to him in surprise and gasped.

"Eren?" Mikasa said.

Eren came over and took a sit infront of them.
.

Hange and Faye were still washing off Falco in the sink.
.

"Commander Hange!" Onyankopon cried out from another room. He was held on gun point by Floch.

"Floch!" Hange exclaimed, entering the room along with Faye, Connie, Jean and Nicolo.

Several Yeagerists pointed their guns at them.

"I'm glad you're here." Floch said and lowered his gun and walked towards Hange. "I imagine you know where Zeke's at. We'll have you take us there."

"Wait. We have no intention of fighting you." Hange said.

"We rejected your proposal. We won't negotiate with the military." Floch said.

"And why is that?" Hange calmly asked.

"It's Eren's decision." Floch said. "Pixis would never leave the fate of the island in our hands. I'm sure he's frantically devising a plan to take the Founder from Eren while we're on the move."

"You're imagining things." Hange responded. "Or is that what your comrades in the Garrison Regiment said?"

"Does it look like I'm one of your lackeys that'll answer you?" Floch said and loaded and raised his gun. "I suggest you get moving before I prove to you I'm not." He shrugged slightly.

"Shit. How'd they know we were here?" Jean muttered.

Greiz walked out with the Yeagerists.

"Greiz? Did Yelena put you up to this?" Nicolo asked him.

"Nicolo, you're too obsessed with Eldians. I knew this day would eventually come." Greiz said. "I was right not to tell you how to reach them."

"We don't have time to be fighting among ourselves!" Hange said. "Wine with Zeke's spinal fluid was spread through the military! Zeke fooled us all with this of his!"

"So what? It'll just make the idiot MPs into bigger idiots." Floch said with a serious expression and began to turn away.

Hange gasped and the various Yeagerists began to detain everyone. "I never said the MPs drank it!" She was bend over, hands behind her back as they were bound. "No way! You guys knew about the wine?!"

Floch turned to her and nodded with a serious expression.

The others all gasped in shock and terror.

"And soilders, take everyone except for Hange-san to the next room." He turned around. "Eren wanted to talk to them."

Two Yeagerists took Hange away.

The rest of the Yeagerists escorted the scouts to the next room.
.

Floch opened the door and the scouts entered the room.

"We're going ahead." Floch said and left with Hange and two other soilders.

"Okay." Eren replied.

Inside the room, Eren was sitting at the table with Mikasa, Armin and Gabi while the rest of them stood behind Armin.
.

On their way, a Yeagerist muttered something to Hange and she nodded in reply.
.

"Eren! What in the-" Connie yelled but cut off when Eren raised his bleeding palm up to show them.

Everyone except for Faye, Mikasa and Armin gasped.

"Eren..." Sasha trailed off with wide eyes.

Gabi sat there in wide eyed and fear while Faye, Armin and Mikasa had a straight face as if they knew about it beforehand.

Eren placed his bleeding hand on the table.

"I wanted... to talk with you guys."

_____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 157 33
Bringing Eren Yeager back to life, Ymir connects him to Mikasa. Allowing them to feel each other's physical pains. Forced to run away from Erens cho...
126K 4.8K 46
Mikasa had many troubles in her past and she left it all behind by changing schools. She may be independent and strong, but as soon as she meets the...
51.4K 1K 36
Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another chance to be with Eren and prevent his i...
126K 4.3K 49
What happened when Levi mum died Sure we know the story of how Kenny found him But what if there was an alternative universe where a different Acke...