The Summers After

By agirlnamedmk

Belly & Conrad got their happily ever after but what happens next? One thing is for sure, no matter what hap... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
AUTHOR'S NOTE
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE PT. 2
HEY YA'LL!!!
thank you
bonus chapter 1
bonus chapter 2
bonus chapter 3

forty-two

4.2K 28 22
By agirlnamedmk

BELLY

Hailey is staring at Belly, anxiously awaiting the start of this story.

But Belly doesn't even know where to start. Hailey said she wanted to know everything, but it's over 30 years of love and drama.

"Okay," Belly takes a deep breath, "The first thing you have to know is that I have loved Conrad my whole life." Belly crosses her legs in front of her, "He was the first boy I ever loved. And honestly, it was only ever him. But then Susannah got sick for the second time, and everything changed. Conrad changed. He became distant and cold towards me. I was heartbroken, and then Jeremiah was there. He told me he had feelings for me, and I guess somewhere deep down I did too. The summer of my 16th birthday, I kissed both of them and I pursued something with Conrad," Belly chuckles, "He of course ended up breaking my heart. And Jere was still there. Jeremiah was always there for me, so when we started dating he felt so safe. He was the Fisher who never hurt me. Of course I loved him, how could I not? He made me feel wanted and loved. And then when he proposed, I saw a life with him, one that Conrad never offered. But even when I said yes, there was something in me that knew it was wrong. I think I was trying to prove to myself that I could live without Conrad. And I couldn't. I don't know who I was fooling, probably no one."

Hailey is listening intently, hanging on Belly's every word.

Belly continues, "Before the wedding, Conrad told me he was still in love with me. And I was in love with him too, I always had been. So I knew that I couldn't marry Jeremiah. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Because there had been a time that I didn't love Jeremiah, but never a time I didn't love Conrad. Conrad was always there." Belly shrugs, "Jeremiah is the perfect guy, Hailey. He is strong and reliable, he's always there when you need him, he loves so hard. He is the guy that every girl hopes to find. And maybe in some other world, Jeremiah and I would have been perfect together. But not in this world, it was only ever going to be Conrad."

Hailey finally exhales, "I don't understand why he didn't tell me."

"Because it's messy, and it's hard. It's full of heartbreak and all of us hurting each other. We all made mistakes. I love Conrad and I's love story, but it's not a pretty one." Belly says gently, "Jeremiah loves you, in the biggest way he can." Belly runs her fingers through her hair, "Jeremiah told me the day of our wedding that he never got all of me, there was always a piece I held back from him. And that was true, it was the piece of me that would always be reserved for Conrad. But I wonder if maybe Jeremiah held pieces of himself back too, because the way he loves you, is a way he never loved me."

Hailey leans back on the couch, "I have a child, Belly. I don't want to play games, or always be the consolation prize."

"You're not," Belly says gently, "He is yours Hailey, all in, 100%."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I've seen him in love, up close, and it's different with you."

Hailey looks at Belly, as if trying to read her face. "Doesn't it all feel weird? You being married to your ex's brother?"

Belly chuckles, "Maybe, I don't know. It's all in the past. It probably is weird, but I don't know anything different."

"Do you believe in soul mates?" Hailey asks quietly.

Belly sighs, her face falling, "I do, because I found mine. You could line up every man on this planet, and I would still only love and want Conrad. He is the other half of my soul. But I understand why people don't believe in them. It does seem a little insane that of the 7 billion people on earth, there's only one out there for you."

Hailey nods, "I don't know if Jere is my soulmate, because I don't know if I believe in them. But I think I was destined to find him."

"Really?"

"I lost my job last year, and started waitressing to make enough to keep Mason in school and pay rent. Another waitress told me that she had made good money being a temp. So I called the agency, but 5 months went by without me getting a call. And I missed a few rent payments so I packed up my apartment and told my parents I had to move home," Hailey glances at Belly, then back at her hands, "The day my movers were supposed to come, the agency called. There was a doctor who needed a receptionist because his walked out, and the money was more than enough to keep me here."

"Conrad," Belly says.

"Yep. Conrad hiring me as a temp kept me in Boston. Otherwise, I'd be living in New Jersey right now with my parents. That call, saved my life, but also led me to Jeremiah. And that feels like destiny."

Belly reaches out and grabs her hand, "Then don't let him go. Don't let your pride get the best of you. He made a mistake, and he should have told you about us. But forgive him anyway."

Hailey squeezes Belly's hand, "I love him so much."

"So come on, let's go see him."

Hailey nods quickly, then wipes the few tears that have fallen from her eyes.

Belly and Hailey drive to the house in a comfortable silence. Hailey is practically bouncing in her seat when they pull into the driveway. Belly puts the car in park, and Hailey opens the door but then stops. Her hand still lingering on the door handle, she looks back at Belly, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Belly says with a smile.

Hailey runs into the house. Belly climbs out and closes the car door. Conrad is walking out of the house and towards her.

"Hey," He says calmly.

"Are they talking?" Belly asks, opening the trunk.

"Already making out," Conrad walks over to her and pulls her into his chest.

"Good," Belly stands on her tip toes to kiss him, "Do I tell you enough how much I love you?"

"Impossible. I can't hear it enough," Conrad mutters, moving his lips down to her neck.

"I love you so much," Belly says breathily. She tilts her head to give him better access to her skin.

"I love you too," Conrad mumbles, his voice vibrating off her neck.

Conrad helps her carry stuff inside. Belly can hear laughter out back. They haul everything upstairs into their bedroom.

There's a white box, tied neatly with a black bow sitting on the bed. Belly drops everything on the floor, "What's this?" She looks at Conrad.

"It's what I bought for you last night. I forgot to grab it on the way out. Shayla brought it over this morning."

"How mad is she?" Belly asks, running the soft velvet bow through her fingers.

"Oh I got an ear full from her," Conrad says with a smirk. "But she's fine, she said her inventory is almost gone so despite our antics, it was a successful night."

"Can I open it?"

Conrad walks up behind her and sets his chin down on her shoulder, "Mhmm." His arms snake around her waist.

Belly unties the bow carefully. She lifts the lid off and carefully pulls the tissue paper off. There's a red dress inside. Belly recognizes it immediately, it was the most expensive dress there.

"Conrad—" She glides her fingers over the material.

"I thought you could wear it to the gala," He says gently behind her.

"This is too much," Belly lifts the dress out of the packaging. It's floor length, with a high slit, it has a square neck line and tight bodice with puffy short sleeves. It's a stunning dress, and Belly knows that this dress took Shayla hours to perfect.

"It isn't."

"I thought you were going to buy me like lingerie or something," Belly says with a laugh, "Not the most expensive dress in the store."

"Oh I bought you lingerie too. But you can't have that right now."

Belly tosses her head back against his shoulder, "You're spoiling me."

"No, I just want you to always know how much I appreciate you and love you,"

"I don't need gifts, I already know that."

Conrad silences her with his lips, spinning her around in his arms, "You're keeping the dress."

Belly laughs, "Okay fine."

They go downstairs where Hailey and Jeremiah are sitting outside with the boys.

Henry hurls himself into Belly's arms, "Hi momma."

"Hi buddy, did you have a good night?"

"Yep!" Henry kisses her cheek before running out into the yard.

Conrad chuckles, and then Belly stops dead in her tracks. She has a feeling. She looks up at Conrad, "I'll be right back,"

Conrad looks at her questioningly but doesn't say anything.

Belly sprints up the stairs and slams the door to the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 609 30
Conrad and Belly are just married, and life doesn't seem to be able to get any better. They are on their way to honeymoon in Hawaii, and the couple h...
191K 3.1K 44
I don't wanna hurt you but you live for the pain. Female OC x Jeremiah Fisher (1) The Summer I Turned Pretty TV series fanfic Started: 07/09/2022 Com...
614K 9.4K 24
"I love you; I've always loved you b." "You make me go crazy fisher." -------------- what happens after 1 year of seeing each other? --------- Conra...
2.5K 42 8
Y/n lives in Cousins year round, but it isn't until June when she feels alive again. The Fisher's and Conklin's have finally made their way back to t...