𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐄𝐋...

By sadgirlzera

Selina Aakifah Maxwell was just like her mother. At the age of 16, she was the Queen of Pengry Private School... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
TOUR DATES
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Epilogue
Book Four: The Rules of Lorenzo

Eight

6.6K 186 12
By sadgirlzera

CHAPTER EIGHT
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

I sat at the grand piano in the formal living room, my fingers pressing different notes as the staff cleaned around me. "I'm at your mercy but tell me would you come if I rang your line? You picked me up to throw me against the wall, yet you're still on my mind,"

"I didn't know I was replaceable but here you are with your new valentine,"

"When you touched my skin, I knew you felt my heart rate. But us together is my Recipe of Hate,"

"Ever since you changed, we don't have fun these days. And this used to be our world but look what you've done,"

"When you stopped loving me, I believed it just was a phrase. I guess when the lights went out, it meant you're my Recipe of Hate," I hit the last note, and took a deep breath. After closing my eyes, I released a sigh before shrugging. "It's okay. Could be better," I whispered to myself.

I suddenly heard clapping behind me, Tasha had walked into the formal living room and made herself comfortable on one of the chairs. "Are you singing about—?"

"No," I said, before chuckling to myself. She made her way over to me and sat down on the piano bench. "Oh come on, are you sure it isn't him?"

Recipe of Hate was a song I had written two years ago yet for some reason, I was always changing the lyrics. I wanted the heartbreak to stay the same but I was always revising it.

"Oh no, I'm over him," She narrowed her eyes playfully, and I shrugged. "Okay, so why do you look like you're glowing? Is there another love interest?"

I felt my cheeks burn at the memory of Ricardo but I couldn't let her know about him. He was deeply implanted in my mind and this morning when I woke up, I fingered myself to his face. I remembered the way those fingers held the beer bottle yesterday, and I imagined them inside me.

"I'm just singing about an old love, just getting my album ready," I assured, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Your nose is twitching and it's something you do when you're lying. Spill," Tasha demanded, but I simply turned my attention back to the piano.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I sang, making sure to hit notes that matched my pitch. She crossed her arms and titled her head to the side, earning a sigh from me. "Selina,"

"Okay, fine. There's this man, his name is Ricardo and he's so fucking fine. Like I want to be on my knees and if he asked me to, I'll spread my legs so wide for him. But he's so grumpy and mean to me. So I'm mean to him back but I'm only just flirting," I whispered, keeping my voice low.

A big smile made its way to her face. "Does Selina Maxwell have a crush?"

"Keep it down!" I exclaimed. "My dad and brother will literally kill me. So they can't know about Ricardo," My dad and brother weren't stupid. Dad was 50 and Lorenzo was 19, so they were always on my case about boys.

"Yeah, I got that... Well, what are you doing here? If you like the man, go get him," She said, making me chew my lip due to nervousness. "You'll only regret it when he finds someone else,"

Tasha assured tapping my shoulder before getting up and walking out. I ran my hands through my hair, playing a few notes on the piano, while millions of thoughts traveled through my mind.

I parked my car and in front of me was a sign that said Ricardo's Auto Service. Other than the fact that it was the most basic name, the building was quite nice. About three men worked on cars outside, wiping sweat off their foreheads with their rags. Today, I decided on wearing something a little sexy: black shorts that barely covered my ass with a bodysuit that anyone could see my lacy bra under. The outfit matched my Dior converse and my black nails.

When I walked inside, about 2 more men worked on cars. I smiled at the receptionist, who was reading a newspaper with the title: Getting past the Talking Stage.

"Yes, how can I help you?" He said once he put the newspaper down, a small blush coating his cheeks due to embarrassment. "I'm here for DickRic,"

His eyes narrowed, confusion evident in his orbs. "Is that the name of your car?"

"It's the name of your boss," I said. My eyes trailed behind him and I spotted the mechanic I was here to see. Ricardo walked out of his office, with a bottle of water in his hands. I felt the insides of my mouth water since he was wearing a black tank top that showed off his muscular arms. Picking up an impact wrench, he chatted with a few men before working on a car.

"Excuse me," I said, making my way over. The mechanics whistled at me, their eyes traveling up and down my legs. I rolled my eyes, ignoring them even though I made sure to sway my hips. Pulling off my sunglasses and placing them on my head, I connected my eyes with Ricardo. He rolled his eyes when he saw me, his jaw ticking.

"What's with the long face? I thought I was your best friend?" I playfully frowned. He was so easy to piss off.

"What the fuck do you want?" He gritted out, his eyes growing darker by the second.

"That's no way to speak to a customer?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together while leaning on the car.

"Don't touch," Ricardo grabbed my forearm and guided me to his office, slamming the door behind me. He pulled me into a chair, running his hands through his brown strands that were damp from sweat. "What the fuck are you doing here, kid?"

I adjusted my shirt and yet, not once did his eyes travel down to my lacy bra underneath.

"I want my car serviced," I said, clearing my throat. My hands picked up a book before he snatched it out of my grasp.

"Go somewhere else," He said, pinching the bridge of his nose. I frowned and grabbed about a few lollipops that were on his desk. When he demanded I give them back, I rolled my eyes and placed them on the desk.

"That's a bit rude, don't you think?"

"Fuck off," He cursed.

"I think I should get a free service now that you've insulted me. After all, I could sue you for emotional distress," I smiled, my eyes traveling to the lollipops again. "My mother is an attorney,"

"We don't do free car services," He said, putting them out of my reach. A giggle escaped my lips, and I placed my elbows on his desk. "I'm very persuasive,"

"Listen," Ricardo muttered, clenching his jaw. "I don't know why you keep entering my life. You're an annoying brat, and you cause me to have headaches with your screeching voice. I don't give a fuck about you, so why don't you just walk out and never come back?"

My lips formed a straight line, and my vision began to grow blurry. It felt like he had taken a knife and stabbed me with it, his words hurt. I hated myself for being such a weak bitch, he didn't get to see my cry. He didn't deserve my tears but it didn't matter.

Because I was sitting in front of him with a tear down my cheek. I didn't mean to cry, sometimes I just do and I can't help it.

Ricardo was a miserable man, but he was able to make me feel like shit. Here I was wearing a cute outfit just so he could notice me. And in the end, it didn't even work.

"I get the point," I whispered, lifting myself from the chair and keeping my gaze on the floor, trying to hide the fact that he made me upset. "I hear you loud and clear,"

And with that, I walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 5.8K 28
|COMPLETE| Started on: 8/4/2022. Finished on: 30/7/2022. _____________ Diana Everett; a 19 year old kindergarten teacher who loves kids and her job...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
1.5M 36.1K 69
❝You Might Be My Angel In Public, But You're My Whore In Bed.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "Are you ready for me baby?" I nodded my head licking my lips seductivel...