I Love You... In Every Univer...

By EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... More

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
26. Smile
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
60. That Day
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
75. Children of the Forest
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

65. The Door of Hope

307 8 0
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

A young Reiner was laying in bed and his mother was sitting on his bed beside him.

"We were abandoned." Katrina said while stroking Reiner's forehead. "That's why we live in a camp surrounded by walls. Because the blood of devils runs through us. That's also why your father isn't here. Your father... is a Marleyan." Reiner looked at her with wide eyes. "He can't be with us Eldians." She hide her eyes behind her hand. "If only we were Marleyan."
.
.
.

Reiner was laying in his old bed, looking at the ceiling. 'Oh yeah... Back then, I strove to be a Warrior so we could be Marleyans.'
.
.
.

It's a rainy day, a young Reiner was running with a heavy bag and a rifle, panting heavily.
.

Magath was yelling at the Warrior candidates, while he was sitting on a horse. "Who said you could walk? Run, you filthy seed of swine! Don't you wanna be Honorary Marleyans?!"
.

A young Zeke was talking to the other Warrior candidates: Marcel, Porco, Reiner, Bertolt, Annie and Pieck.

"Did you guys hear? We're attacking Paradis Island in just a few years." Zeke said.

"Huh?" Porco asked.

"It's almost time for us to inherit Titans." Zeke said and threw his apple to Marcel, who took a bite. "Out of the seven of us, they're picking six!"

Marcel handed the apple to Porco.

"Yes!" Reiner said excited. "I can finally be Marleyan!"

"Huh? Why so excited? If anyone's the worst it's you." Porco said and took a bite of the apple.

Reiner turned to him. "Excuse me?!" He glared at him.

"What's your strong point?" Porco asked.

"Huh?" Reiner asked.

"Your strength? Your brains? Your aim? Combat ability?" Porco asked.
.

Annie turned her attention to the ground, not listening anymore.
.

Reiner gritted his teeth, while Porco continued. "Nope. The only value they see in you is your loyalty to Marley. 'I'll slaughter the island devils real good for you, sir!'" He mocked him.

Reiner grabbed his wrist and the apple fell to the ground. "You making fun of our mission?!" His glare deepend. "Or maybe you're a stray Restorationis?!"

"Huh?!" Porco said.

"You are, aren't you?! I'll report you to the commander!" Reiner said.

"Report this, you little shit!" Porco said and punched Reiner in the face and Reiner fell to the ground on his stomach. "You want some more?"

Marcel intervened and held Porco by his shoulders. "Porco, enough!"

"Hating the island doesn't make you special!" Porco continued. "Have fun waiting 13 years alone!" It was silent for a moment. "Tsk!" Porco walked away.

"Porco!" Marcel called after him.
.

"Let's go, Pieck." Zeke said to her. He walked away with her, while he said to Reiner. "Don't cry too long or the commander will chew me out."
.

Reiner was sobbing.

"Reiner, I'm sorry." Marcel apologized and walked away.

"Stand up, Reiner." Bertolt said and helped him to stand. "C'mon."

"I'm gonna become a Marleyan and live with my mom and dad. I can't wait 13 years. But it's like he said. I'm the worst." Reiner said.

"Porco doesn't make the decision." Bertolt said. "Besides, loyalty is important. Right, Annie?" He turned to her.

She looked at them. "Huh? What? I wasn't listening." She ran away.
.

They lookes after her and turned back where she was standing before. A grasshopper was dead, ripped apart.
.

Bertolt and Reiner started jogging along the wall.

"You really want that as your goal?" Bertolt asked him.

"Huh?" Reiner said, confused.

"Thirteen years is all you get." Bertolt said.

"Thirteen years to be a hero." Reiner said and stopped and Bertolt turned to him. "If I crush the devils on the Paradis, I'll save the world. Then my parents will be proud to have me as a son." Both of them looked at the sky.
.

A young Eren was sitting on the ground and looking at the sky. "I wish something would happen."

Armin and Faye ran towards him.

"Eren! There you are!" Armin said.

"See? I told you." Faye said.
.
.

Reiner leaned against a wall and Porco slammed his hand beside Reiner's head.

"It's messed up!" Porco yelled, angered. "Why was the worst of us chosen? What did you do?"

Reiner smirked at him. "Seems you're the worst. That's all there is to it, Pock."

Porco gritted his teeth and took his hand off the wall. He went to punch him. "You little..!"

Marcel intervened and held him back. "Porco! You sure you wanna defy the brass?"

"Huh?" Porco said and fell to his knees and sobbed.

Reiner tugged at his collar while he looked down at Porco.

"Reiner... I'm sorry." Marcel apologized.
.
.

The four Warriors were in coach, on the way through the streets of a cheering crowd.

They waved at them.
.

Katrina was watching him proudly.
.

Reiner smiled at her. Then he saw a man entering a building who was his dad. His eyes widened. He imagined how they would meet.
.
.

Reiner slammed the door open. "Dad! It's you right? Mom used to work in these barracks before I was born. That's were you met her! Karina Braun!" He walked towards him. "Look at this! Mom and I are Honorary Marleyans! We can all live..." He was cut off.

"Bloody hell!" His father yelled at him. "Did that woman send you here?! To get revenge on me? Shit! Now her kid's a Warrior?! If they found out where you from, my family is screwed! You're gonna get me hanged! I'm running the hell away! Away from you and your Eldian mother!"

Reiner's eyes widened.
.
.

"Reiner!" Katrina called out. "Reiner!"
.

Reiner's attention was back to his mother.

They were now on a ship which was on the way to Paradis Island.
.

"I'll be waiting for you." Katrina shouted, waving.
.

'That's right.' Reiner thought. 'Even without a father, I'm still the chosen warrior of the Armored Titan. I'll save everyone from the island devils and be the world's hero.'
.
.

The full moon night, they were riding on horses.
.
.

They had lit up a campfire and were sitting around it.

"We didn't cover much ground tonight." Marcel stated.

"Can't do much about the clouds." Reiner said.

"Will the king really not use the Founding Titan even if we break the wall?" Bertolt asked.

"What's the use in asking now? Trust Marley's research." Reiner said.

"That's right." Marcel said. "We can't turn back. Tomorrow, we reach the wall... and then..."

Silence fell upon them.

"Huh? What's wrong?" Reiner asked them. "Are you having second thoughts about killing the devils? Have you forgotten what they've done?" He stood up. "We're the world's chosen Warriors sent to punish the island devils!"

.

Marcel looked down. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Reiner said, confused.

"Reiner, I'm sorry." Marcel said and they looked at him. "You were never meant to be chosen as a Warrior. I talked you up and critizied my brother to influence their decision."

"Huh?" Reiner said with wide eyes.

"I... just wanted to protect my brother." Marcel said and he began to cry. "I'm sorry. Reiner... I'm sorry."

Behind Reiner the sun rose. "Why.."

The earth rumbled.

"...are you apologising?" Reiner asked.

Ymir's Pure Titan rose up behind him.

Reiner turned around and the Titan went to grab him.

Marcel pushed him aside and was eaten.
.
.

Panting, Reiner leaned against a tree. He vomited and fell to his knees. He was alone. "Bertolt...! Annie...! Marcel...!" His eyes widened and he held his head, he was terrified. "They got eaten! They got eaten because of me! And I'll be next! This is where I'm gonna die!"

Suddenly he was kicked and he rolled away. Scared, he screamed and tried to defend himself thinking he will be eaten.

"Not bad." Annie said panting, Bertolt was behind her. "This is a first. You actually beat me... in a long-distance... race..."

Reiner looked up. "Huh?"

"If we... took out that Titan... we wouldn't have... lost Jaw..." Annie continued. "Shit! Now Marcel's gone for good."

"They said there wouldn't be Titans this far out!" Reiner replied.

"We've gotta go home." Annie said.

"Huh?" Reiner said, confused.

"Let's find Jaw and leave. They would've changed back to human." Annie said and turned around. "Besides, without Marcel to lead, this mission is doomed." Bertolt and Annie began to walk away.

"Wait... we can't..." Reiner whispered, then called after them. "We can't!"

They turned around and looked at him.

"We can't go home! We've gotta continue this mission!" Reiner said.

"Oh yeah..." Annie said. "If we go back now, you'll just get eaten by the next warrior." Reiner nodded. "Not that I give a shit."

"You think only I will?" Reiner asked.

"Huh?" Annie said.

"That only I'll get the blame for running away? You guys are that certain you won't get eaten, too?" Reiner asked. "Catching Jaw won't be easy either. If they used its power and run, our Titans could never catch up."

"They can't control it right after becoming..." Bertolt began to argue, but Reiner cut him off.

"You controlled the Colossal Titan, no problem!" Reiner said. "Anyways, we're doomed at this rate! Without the Founding Titan, there's no going home!"

Annie closed her eyes. "Back there, if you were a fraction as calm as you are now, we wouldn't have lost Marcel or Jaw." She went towards Reiner. "But you've got no problem intimidating us to save your own ass, huh?!" She kicked him in his face. "How about you come clean to Magath?! Tell him, 'It's all my fault!'" She continued to kick him in his face, while she spoke. "Honorary Marleyan, my ass! Chosen Warrior, my ass! Marleyans, Eldians! They're all liars! Everyone only thinks about themselves! I'm no different! I've gotta get home alive! If you feel guilty, just die! Take all the blame and die!" She was panting and began to walk away.
.

Reiner was laying on his face, he didn't move.
.

Annie stopped walking, Reiner stood behind her, face all bloody.

She turned around and he lunged at her and began to choke her.

"Reiner is dead." Reiner said. "If we need Marcel, then I'll be Marcel."
.

Tears rolled down on Bertolt's face. "Please, stop this..."
.

"This is the only way we'll be able to go back home!" Reiner said and Annie's face turned red. "Let's go back together.. to our hometown!" Annie's eyes turned red.
.
.

Young Armin, Faye Eren and Mikasa were staring at the wall.
.

The Colossal Titan kicked down the gate.
.
.

Bertolt was outside of his Titan form.

He turned around and saw a Titan walking towards him. Thinking it was coming for him, he froze and looked scared.
.

The smiling Titan ignored and passed him.
.

He looked after her confused. "Huh?"
.
.

'I wanted to be a Warrior. I thought I could make my mom's wish come true and we'd live with my father.' The Armored Titan turned around the corner. 'But... I had a father who didn't want any part of us.' It began to run to the inner gate. 'My mom had a dream she knew would never come true. I should never have been chosen. I should have died today.' He thought of Marcel. 'Why'd he apologize? Why'd he save someone like me?' He was close to the gate. 'No! I'm not ready for this to end! I still don't understand anything!' He went to break through and the screen turned white.
.
.

Annie woke up. Reiner and Bertolt sat beside her. She sat up.

"Where is this?" Annie asked.

"Inside Wall Rose." Bertolt answered.
.

In the distance were Mikasa, Faye Armin and Eren, sitting together.
.

Reiner put his arms around them. "Annie... Bertolt... I'm sorry. Marcel... I'll be the Warrior I should've been."
.
.

A man was telling them his story. "I lived in Wall Maria, deep in the southeast mountains. It happened at dawn. The animals were all stirred up and I heard a strange rumbling. Thinking it was footsteps, I opened the window... The rest is a blur, but I ran away on my horse. Leaving behind three kids about the same age as you guys."
.
.

Shadis was yelling at Reiner. "You! What the hell did you come here for?!"

"To save humanity!" Reiner replied.
.
.

Annie was walking in a dark alley. She turned around the corner and the person was gone.

Suddenly Kenny was standing behind her, a hand on her shoulder. "Hey missy. You've got good taste in men to tail a geezer like me." He smirked.

"I was born at an inn." Annie said, not turning around. "My mom, who works there, talks about my father much, I know that it's you."

"Well, that's real touching. If you want a hug from papa, put your hands up." Kenny said.

"How are you sure, it's not you?" Annie asked.

"I swear to my sister, this joke of yours ain't making me laugh." Kenny replied.

"You're so mean, papa!" Annie said and kicked the wall right beside his head. She ran away from him.
.

"Hey, now... Having a rebellious phase, are we?" Kenny yelled, running after her.
.
.

Crossed legs leaned against a wall, Bertolt was sleeping with his arms behind his back.

"That's a new one." Thomas said, watching Bertolt.

"Are his legs saying snow today?" Marco said.

"Nah. That's the clear skies position." Connie said.

Reiner walked towards them. "Call it hail or you'll be late for muster. Bertolt, wake up!"
.
.

Annie, Reiner and Bertolt were meeting together outside of the train camp.

"While you two snoozed after playing with your friends, I was busy crowling around the capital's sewers." Annie said, looking down. "I've hit my limit if he's around."

"Your limit, huh?" Reiner asked.

"Let's take what we know back to Marley. They'll be happy to hear anything." Annie said.

"Do you honestly think that? Not if it's all we have to show after five years." Reiner said.

"Then, what are you saying we do?!" Annie asked.

"Destroy Wall Rose. It's the only way we can smoke out the Founding Titan." Reiner said.

"A lot of your friends are gonna die." Annie said.

Reiner kneeled in front of her. "I keep telling you: They're not friends... they're devils... But gaining their trust can't hurt. And frankly your aloof behaviour isn't..."

"I'm gonna barf. Can you move your face away from mine?" Annie said, cutting him off.

Reiner sighed and stood up. "I bet you're exhausted. Sorry for always laying the burden on you." He walked away. "Let's call it a day."

Annie stood up and walked away, too.

Bertolt sighed. "I keep having the same dream."

They stopped and looked at him.

"I dream about the guy who hung himself in the fields."
.
.

The man who told them his story was hanging from a tree.

The kids and other people were standing around it.
.
.

"Why did he tell us that story right before he hung himself?" Bertolt asked.
.
.

The sun was setting. The trainees were practising with their gear.

Eren fell to the ground and Reiner went to him. Eren was panting heavily.

"Eren, take a break. You're gonna die." Reiner said.

"Reiner... How do you do it? At this rate, I'll die without doing a damn thing." Eren said, looking down with teary eyes.

Reiner just stared at him, remembering of himself laying on the ground.

"Just do what you've gotta do." Reiner said. "Keep moving foward." Eren looked at him. "That's all we can do." He took Eren's hand.

"Yeah, you're right." Eren said.

"Aren't you gonna join the Survey Corps to avenge your mother?" Reiner asked with a smile. "I know you can do it."
.
.
.

Reiner was sitting in a small room, with the rifle in his mouth.

He was about to pull the trigger, when suddenly someone punched the wall outside.
.

"Shit! I can't let this go on!" Falco said, defeated with teary eyes.
.

Reiner removed the rifle out of his mouth and coughed. He looked outside and saw Falco walking away. 'That's right... I still have those guys..."
.
.

Falco was walking along the sidewalk. He looked at a big building. "The hospital..."

"Hey!" A man called out.

"Huh?" Falco said and turned around and saw the man, he helped the another day with his armband, sitting on a bench waving at him.
.
.

Falco sat beside the man. "Um, I guess you're recovering well. You're good enough to talk now."

"Kinda." Kruger said. "I'm here for emotional trauma but it's a lie."

"Huh?" Falco said.

"I said I lost my memory and can't go home, but I just don't want to." Kruger said. "It'd be hard to face my family now. Will you snitch on me?"

Falco looked down. "I wouldn't do that."

Kruger looked at him. "You're hurt. Is it from your Warrior training?"

"Yeah, but I won't become one. Another candidate is so talented, I don't even stand a chance." Falco said.

"That's good to hear." Kruger said and looked away from him.

"Huh?" Falco said and looked at him.

"You're a good person. I hope you live a long life." Kruger said.

Falco looked down again. "But I don't want them to be a Warrior."

Kruger looked at him. "Why not? Is the other candidate a girl?"

"She's famous around here. She did incredible things in the war." Falco said. "Everyone's saying she should be the next Armor. But since I'm powerless, I can't do a damn thing about it."

Silence fell upon them.

"Every day I'm here, I think... why did it ever come to this?" Kruger said.
.

A man was in a wheelchair.
.

A nurse was taking care of a man with bamdages around his eyes.
.

A man was sitting on the ground.
.

"Damaged minds and bodies... Their freedom taken away. Even losing themselves." Kruger said.
.

A man banged his head against a wall.
.

"If people knew it would come to this, nobody would go to war." Kruger said. "But most people are pushed by something, forced to march into hell. That 'something' wasn't their choice. Their situation or others made them do it." Falco looked at him. "But people who push their own backs see a different kind of hell. They can see something beyond the hell. It might be hope. It may even be another hell." Kruger's face had a angered expression.

"Only those who keep moving foward will ever know."

______________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 1.3K 21
MANGA SPOILERS: I know a lot of people have already written fan fictions on this topic but this one will be different. After Mikasa killed Eren, Ere...
828 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
5.3K 136 21
What if Eren and Mikasa swapped genders? Would Eren have to act like Mikasa? Would they tell their friends? Would the others understand? How would th...
127K 4.3K 49
What happened when Levi mum died Sure we know the story of how Kenny found him But what if there was an alternative universe where a different Acke...