Against Reason

flungoutofspace111 द्वारा

In which a fragile housewife and a fed-up high schooler gradually discover a mutual interest in the other. Th... अधिक

~
Best Neighbor Ever
Sports with Balls
I Think of You With Nothing On
Break Up With Your Boyfriend
...Cuz I'm Bored
Jealousy, Jealousy
If We Had Been Closer in Age
Right Person, Wrong Time
Another Hangover
I Need to Start Going to Church
I'm Sorry
I've Got a Bat With Your Name on It
Feelings
Watch That Mouth
Lesbians?!
I Care About You
Verena
I Know How You Flirt
Get Out
My Darling
Are You Santa Claus?
Typhoid Mary
You Like How Stubborn I Am
Terribly Domestic
Alone With Her
Really Aria?
Teacher's Pet
Stupid, Hot, Bitchy, Fine Ass Woman
Illicit Affairs
Disastrous
Mourning
Love Made Me Crazy
Gracious Your Form
Love Bite

Space

1.2K 33 2
flungoutofspace111 द्वारा

~ "I never wanted anything so much, than to drown in your love" ~

Vera's POV

I'm working on grading some papers when I hear a knock at the door. Who the hell would come to my house? I put the papers on my desk and go downstairs to get it.

"I swear to fuck if it's those goddamn Girl Scouts again...."

I open the door to see Sean standing there looking tipsy and angry, never a good combination.

"I lost my key" he mumbles, before shoving by me into the house. I roll my eyes and shut the door.

————————————————————————

"You spent how much on curtains?! Vera..we already have goddamn curtains!"

"I know we already have curtains but the ones we have now make our house look cheap!!"

"Are you fucking calling my house cheap?! You fucking bitch!" Sean grabs my wrist, turns it behind my back, making me wail in pain. He violently pushes me against the wall. My cheek collides with the drywall, making dust rain down onto the flooring. He hasn't gotten this angry before, to the point of abusing me. He just came home this afternoon angrier than I've ever seen him, then saw the curtains I just bought, and flipped out. I'm terrified, but all I can think about at the moment is I hope to God that my girls aren't watching.

"I bet you won't spend my money on stupid expenses again, dumb bitch" Sean whispers right in my ear. Tears fall from my eyes and I can't help but wonder why now. Why is he only now becoming violent. Sean grips my wrist tighter and I fear that he's going to break it. Thankfully, his phone rings and distracts him. He shoots me a nasty look, before aggressively flinging my arm against the wall and walking to get his phone. I cry out as soon as he lets go and my legs give out. He leaves the house, still on the phone, and I sob silently on the floor, gripping my bright red wrist.

I hear tiny footsteps on the staircase. Elody and Haven come into the living room and pause in their path when they see me.

"...Mommy? What's wrong?" Elody asks. I quickly compose myself, wipe my tears, and pick my body up off the floor.

"Nothing baby. What do you girls want for dinner?" They both immediately cheer up.

"Mac and Cheese!" Haven shouts. I chuckle some.

"Okay, I can make that happen."

Aria's POV

After sleeping off my hangover, I feel a little better. I slept from 4 pm to 6 am, and was woken up by my alarm. I hop in my shower and rinse off the odor of booze and cigarettes. In the shower, I think about my conversation with Vera, and a feeling of guilt settles in my stomach. I was so mean to her. It was partially the leftover alcohol in my system talking, but I was also pissed that she wasn't willing to drop everything and fully involve herself with me. Whatever, all that is in the past now because I've decided to move forward, and also drink less. After flashing my tits to everyone at that party, I realized I might have a tiny problem with alcohol, so I'm going to try to limit myself more.

I pick out a decent looking outfit, black jeans with a crème sweater. Then I do some minimal makeup, put in my curl products, dry my hair, and I'm ready to face the day. Until my phone rings, and I see Mother flash across the screen. Fuck.

"Yes?"

"I hope you're doing alright. Look, my job gave me an assignment in Washington for a couple weeks, and I was thinking I'd bring you as well, if you're interested."

"Have you been day drinking again?"

"Don't be a smartass Aria. It's a good opportunity for you to get out of the city for awhile, and we can spend more time together."
I don't give her any verbal answer, because I don't think she's being serious honestly.

"Fine. Don't answer me now, think about it and let me know by the end of the day." Then I hear the hang up tone. Seriously, what the fuck?

————————————————————————

I'm putting my skateboard in my locker when I see Michael making out with...Iris? Oh for fucks sake. What a bitch.

I walk over to the happy couple, and passive aggressively slam Iris's locker door shut, almost catching her hair. They finally come up for air and seriously look like a couple of deer in headlights. I shoot them a toothy grin.

"Hey Michael! I was just curious, has life been more difficult since your syphilis diagnosis? I imagine it would be tough on someone like yourself, since you were already compensating for your micro-dick with that god awful ego of yours, now you have to deal with the syph as well! My thoughts and prayers are with you brother" I say with a huge smile as I pat his shoulder. Both of them look flabbergasted and I have to contain my laughter.

I can feel it, today is going to be a good day. Minus detention after school but there's nothing I can do about that. 

"I swear I don't have syphilis! I don't know what she's talking about!" I hear a commotion behind me as I walk to class, and I let out the laughter I was holding back.

I actually pay attention in most of my classes today, which is a change in pace from my normal learning style: napping on the desks. I spend lunch alone because I don't have it in me to converse with Iris.

The final bell rings and everyone flees, except me. I grudgingly drag my feet to Vera's classroom. I walk in and spot her reading at her desk.

"I'm here your highness" I say, punctuating my sentence with a goofy curtsy that draws a laugh out of the older woman.

"And by your own free will? Well, I am shocked Miss Zerafi." I laugh and go sit at a desk. Don't get me wrong, I'm still annoyed at Vera for giving me detention, but there's no point in being a brat about it. "Don't get too comfortable, I need you to do something for me. I'm gonna make you organize that bookshelf in the corner. The books need to be alphabetized and the shelf needs to be dusted." Vera stands from her desks and walks over to said bookcase. I watch intently as she moves. Really though I just stare at her ass. "Get moving" Vera demands when she sees I'm still sitting down. "And quit staring at my ass."

She shows me how she wants the books organized and I listen carefully. She reaches to the cabinet above the shelf to get the duster, and I see a purple-ish bruise coating her petite wrist. Instinctively, I gently grab her elbow and pull her arm closer to look at the bruise. I'm not an idiot, I know Sean probably did this to her.

"Vera...." I mutter. I want to murder him for even laying a hand on her. How could anyone hurt her? It physically pains me to think about it.

"I'm fine Aria" she states.

"Was it him?" Vera pulls her arm back out of my grip and looks at the floor.

"It's none of your concern." She seems genuinely angry and I take a few steps back, only for my back to be pushed up against a wall.

"It is my fucking concern because I care about you" I seethe.

"Well you shouldn't!" Vera steps closer to me, and I watch as her eyes search my face.

We're now practically standing toe to toe. If I leaned forward just a few mere inches, I would feel her heavenly lips on mine again. She's clearly thinking the same thing, because her eyes fall to my lips. I swear she leaned in even more, but just before our lips met, she pulled away with a sigh.

"What are you doing to me Aria?" she mutters. I just sigh and drop my head, not having any sort of answer for her. I eventually turn around and begin organizing her bookcase. She goes back to her desk and grades papers, and we work in silence for the rest of the period.

When the detention bell does ring, I wrap up my project and go gather my things. Vera does the same, and there's a palpable tension between us. I leave her classroom without a word, and skateboard home. I use the time to try to clear my head, but it's proving to be impossible. Tears gradually start to fall from my eyes. This whole situation is just so frustrating.

I get home and don't even bother dragging my ass upstairs. Something keeps invading my thoughts.

"What are you doing to me Aria?"

The way she said it sounded so tired and it concerned me. That's what worries me, that this whole thing between us is just too much for her right now. I don't want to ever be a burden or add to her stress. If this is actually causing her anxiety, then someone needs to put a goddamn end to our little situationship.

After lots of wracking my brain, I finally gather the courage to walk myself over to the Avila's and knock on the door. I wait a few minutes before Vera opens it. She looks surprised to see me, and for a second I forgot why I came over here.

"Uh- I.." I start to stutter, feeling small under her gaze.

"What do you need Aria?" I find the balls to push past her and into her living room. She shuts the front door and turns to me with a confused expression, waiting for an explanation.

"Earlier. You said 'what are you doing to me Aria?' Can you elaborate on that because I'm just losing my mind over it" I say with a sort of crazed laugh at the end.

"What- is that why you came over here?"

"Yes! Because I'm worried that I'm adding to your stress just by being a part of your life and that thought makes me anxiousbecauseidontlikebeingaburdentoanyoneandifyoufeltthatwayaboutmeimightjusthaveabreakdownorsomethingand-"

"Okay okay I get it!" Vera takes a deep breath, struggles to find the words, and pauses before continuing. "I...It's-It's like you just- you waltzed into my heart! And no matter how hard I try I cannot get you out!" I wasn't expecting a confession of any sorts from her, but regardless, I think my heart just stopped. She's obviously struggling with this, maybe even more than I am, which is what I was worried about.

"Then stop trying so hard" I mumble. She draws her eyes back up from the ground to look at me. Her lip quivers and she shakes her head.

"It's not right."

"Who gives a shit? You can't keep living in denial Vera! There's no way you're actually happy in your relationship with Sean! He's abusive Vera!" I cry out, trying to get some sense into her.

"Aria, stay out of my marriage." She says warningly, but I ignore her.

"Try to tell me it's not killing you. Because it's sure as hell killing me not being able to touch you or kiss you or even really talk to you!"

"What am I supposed to do Aria? I mean what do you expect me to do?! Tell my husband that I'm leaving him to be with the 18 year old girl next door? Be realistic." She punctuates with a scoff and I decide then and there that there's no way all of this pain is worth it. Someone has to put an end to this and obviously its not going to be her. She thinks I'll keep being satisfied living on the sidelines, only part of her life when she needs someone to listen or give advice. That's not what I'm going to be.

"Fine. I'll be realistic. You go back to your abusive douchebag of a husband, and I'll leave this fucking city for a little, and we get a break from torturing each other."

"What do you mean leave? You're leaving?"

"I need a break from this town and everyone in it. Including you. I'm getting whiplash here and it's like you don't even care. Anyway, that's my realistic solution."

Awkward silence

"...What- when will you be back?" Vera asks.

"Don't know." I start to walk past her, getting ready to leave. Vera follows me and watches me grab my bag. I swing the bag over my shoulder and start to walk to the door, until Vera gently puts her hand on my shoulder from behind. I take a deep breath, and try to ignore the fireworks going off in my stomach simply from her touch.

"I don't want you to leave" she whispers. I slowly turn to meet her glossy eyes. I can feel my heart shattering into a million pieces, but I know this is what's best for the both of us. I suck in another breath, grab her hand, and place a chaste kiss on the back of it. All the while pretending I'm not pissed off at her.

"You need to figure out a lot of things, and I can't get in the way of that." I don't let go of her hand, and just stare deeply into her watery azure eyes. Fuck. Just one more time, I need to feel her lips just one more time. I slowly lean forward, and softly put my lips on hers. She immediately accepts the kiss, and put her hand on my neck to return it. We kiss very softly for a few seconds, until I pull away and give her a sad smile.

I sadly smile to myself, before I use all my willpower to turn my body around and leave her home. Leaving town because of these confusing feelings seems drastic, but I feel like space will help both of us figure everything out. Right?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

438K 8.5K 25
Temptation had always been Lily's hamartia... Just starting her final year of high school, never did she expect to plummet so deep and become so sin...
122K 4.7K 28
Xiomara isn't having the best luck with dating. When it comes to her priorities, her life as a mother of four and a striving film director seems to b...
21.5K 662 31
Brianna Parker, an 18 year-old high school student, embarked on a new journey when she encountered her teacher. From that point onward, she aimed to...
399K 7.9K 26
𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧 - 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫...