I Love You... In Every Univer...

By EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... More

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
26. Smile
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
65. The Door of Hope
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
75. Children of the Forest
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

60. That Day

314 10 2
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The sun shone down on a beautiful city with cobblestone streets. Well-dressed civilians walked and talked in the streets as they went about their days. A couple drove on the road in a car.
.

"That naive day of my youth," Grisha's writing said. "...when I..."
.

Holding holds, Grisha and Faye watched the streets outside of the internment zone with stunned looks.
.

"...had to face the truth of this world."
.

Faye and Grisha walked quietly on the side of the road as the other people shot them dirty looks.

"Move it, you vermin!" A man said, bumping Grisha with his suitcase.

Faye hid behind Grisha, scared.
.

The friend of Tom Ksavar who scoffed. "What, more devil-bloods?"

The men started to walk.

"Damn Eldians crawling around as they please."
.

"Grisha..." Faye started nervously.

"It's alright. Aren't you used to it?" Grisha asked. "Look!" He at the street ahead of them that led to a grassy bank. "It's right over that bank."

The two kids walked up the stairs, admiring the view when they reached the top.

Across the river sat the airship they had followed.

"It's so big!" Faye said with amazement, eyes sparkled in delight.

Grisha smiled fondly at her.

A voice came from the side. "Have you come to see the airship, too?"

Grisha noticed the two men in blue and gray uniforms. They were sitting on the grassy decline, the fatter one smoking.

The siblings stepped back, Grisha's arm going up protectively before Faye.

"Uh, yes." Grisha answered.

"You from the Liberio Internment Zone?" Kruger asked. "Let's see your exit permit."

"What? Um..." Grisha said, searching his pockets. "I don't have one."

Kruger fixed his cap on his head. "You entered the city without permission? You know what that means, right?" He went up to them.

"Yes." Grisha replied.

"Labor or beating." Kruger asked, kneeling before him. "Which is it?"

"A beating..." Grisha replied.

"Brother!" Faye cried out.

"Oh?" Kruger said. "You don't want to trouble your parents?"

"Yes. I forced my sister to come with me!" Grisha spoke quietly, frightened. "Please give her punishment to me, too!"

"Very well." Kruger accepted, Gross standing behind him, smoking as he listened.

Kruger grabbed Grisha by the collar and buried his knee in the boy's stomach.

"Grisha!" Faye cried out.

"Here's another!" Kruger said.

Faye covered her eyes, crying as the sound of the beating continued.

"Sheesh, go easy on him, Kruger." Gross said. "Come on." He went to the weeping Faye, placing his hand on her shoulder and guiding her away. "Let's get you on your way home."

Grisha's pained gasps were heard, his cap lying in the grass as Gross and Faye left.
.
.

A plume of smoke flew into the air.

"It was smart not to take off your armbands." Kruger said, sitting on the bank. Grisha lay curled beside him, shaking slightly. "Eldians without one are sent to paradise, even if they are kids." He took another drag of his cigarette.

Grisha sat up weakly. "I'll go... home."

"Wait." Kruger said, stopping him. "Didn't you come to see the airship? Might as well see it."

Grisha didn't reply, only moving into a cross-legged sitting position.

"How horrible is it that he just beat a kid for something dumb like leaving his home without permission and I'm over here thinking he's kind of okay because
.
.

A small hand could be seen in the grass. Blood had coagulated around the ripped flesh of the wrist.
.

"The following day, my sister was found in the river."
.

Two security officers stood before the small body by the water as a third man knelt, taking notes.
.
.

Grisha stood in front of his parents, his mother covering her mouth.

Arms crossed, Kruger stood leaning back against the wall behind the empty chair next to Gross.

"I showed the girl to Liberio's gates and went on my way." Gross informed Mr. and Mrs. Yeager. "I'm busy with work, you know. Eldian kids shouldn't be roaming the city without permits in the first place. It seems that your son doesn't grasp the place of his people. Shouldn't you be teaching him the sins that your ancestors committed?"
.

"I knew that man from Marley Public Security was lying through his teeth."
.

Gross continued to chide Mr. and Mrs. Yeager.

"If that's not enough to make him behave, put a collar on him." Gross said.
.

"He had been slacking off and was napping on the bank. He wasn't busy at all. Though my mother grieved, my father..."
.

Tears ran down Mrs. Yeager's face as she sat there, unable to speak.

"Thank you so much for your guidance," Mr. Yeager said. "I assure you, I'll teach my foolish son to know better."
.

"He demeaned himself to the men."
.

Grisha's eyes were blank with rage.

"I began to hate that man and my father so much that it made me dizzy. But more so, I cursed my own foolishness."
.

.
.

Mr. Yeager sat at the table, holding a book open, teaching his son. Mrs. Yeager stood with her back to them

In that book, there was an illustration of a girl holding out an apple as a horned demon reached for it.

"One thousand, eight hundred and twenty years ago, our ancestor Ymir Fritz made a contract with the Devil of All Earth and obtained the Power of the Titans." Mr. Yeager said.
.

In the next page, there was a portrait of soldiers holding swords and spears confronted a large female Titan with long curly hair and pale lightning surrounding her.
.

"Upon her death, Ymir's spirit was split into the Nine Titans who formed the Eldian Empire." Mr. Yeager said.
.

In the next page, there was a drawing of a small group of soldiers was shown fleeing from three giants. One giant had plucked a soldier while it held a hammer in its other hand. Another giant was on all fours. The last one held a massive rock between its hands.
.

"After defeating the great nation of Marley, they ruled over the continent. Thus began the Dark Ages... The Subjects of Ymir called other races inferior and began to oppress them." Mr. Yeager said.
.

In the next page, there was a drawing of a Titan crouching before a burning building, dangling a person by the arm. A group of soldiers was carrying crates out of the building. Another soldier forced some of the scared people to follow one of his comrades.
.

"They stole lands and fortunes, and forced other races to bear their children to increase their numbers. Their ethnic cleansing continued for some 1,700 more years." Mr. Yeager said. "But the once-great nation of Marley plotted to subvert Eldia and its arrogance from within. They brought seven of the Nine Titans under their control and were victorious in the Great Titan War 80 years ago." He clenched his hand into a fist. "The Eldian King at the time erected three Walls on the island of Paradis." He pointed to the island on the map. "And fled there with many of his people." He moved his finger moved to the continent. "Our ancestors were abandoned and left behind on this continent, but..."

Grisha listened without a word, his face blank and his eyes dazed.

"The gracious people of Marley let us live and stay on their land..." Mr. Yeager said.
.

"My father was talkative for someone who had just lost his daughter. He obeyed his master's command and gladly shamed his own ancestry, much like he was their dog."
.

"That man was telling lies." Grisha said at last.

Mr. Yeager startled and his wife, still crying and holding a handkerchief, turned to look at their son.

"The truth wasn't good for him, so he lied." Grisha said.

"Quiet." Mr. Yeager hissed at him. "The walls here are thin."

"I bet he's the one who took Faye and-" Grisha said.

"Silence!" Mr. Yeager yelled at his son, standing and hitting his hands on the table. Silence fell. "I told you..." Sweat covering his face, he sat back down and returned to the lesson. "Our ancestors did terrible things. They believed in eugenics and tried to cleanse-"

"Faye and I did nothing like that!" Grisha screamed and hit his fists on the table, almost crying. "We were just walking around!"

"What is wrong with you?" Mr. Yeager asked. "Are you that eager for all of us to get shipped off to paradise?"

Surprised, Grisha looked from his father to his mother.

"Listen, Grisha..." Mr. Yeager said, appearing tired and beaten down. "It doesn't matter that we're not directly responsible for the sins. But what we are able to do is live humble lives within this internment zone. I'm begging you. Please don't lead us all to the same fate as Faye."
.

"I wonder who was truly in the wrong. Was it me or this world?"
.

"Okay." Grisha said. "I understand."
.

"Perhaps it was both."
.

.
.

A shovel dug into bricks and a teenage Grisha straightened up.
.

"I was ignorant and foolish."
.

Grisha and another Eldian flinched, bracing themselves as a Marleyan threw a bottle at them from the other side of the hole in the street the boys were fixing.

There was a crowd around the man, some of them holding bottles of their own.

They cheered or made angry faces at the two Eldians.
.

"The world was irrational and insane."
.

.
.

A room with a bed and a large cabinet near the window appeared.

Grisha sat at the table before the cabinet, a patient sitting before him.
.

"I discovered my own path in life when I was eighteen. It was around the time I was to take over my father's clinic."
.

"What is that wound of yours?" Grisha asked, holding a pen to a piece of paper.

Grice removed his shirt further to fully reveal the x-shaped scar on his right upper arm.

"This is proof I'm a patriot." Grice replied.

"A patriot?" Grisha asked.

"Your sister was killed by a man in Marley Public Security." Grice's words made Grisha gasp. "We have an informant inside the Marley government. There are some things you need to hear."
.
.

"It can't be!" Grisha exclaimed, tears falling from his eyes. "You're kidding me!"

Six other men sat around him in the underground room.
.

"When I learned the truth of my sister's death, I swore in my heart... that I'd show them who the real devil was."
.
.

Faye was on the ground, three snarling dogs set on her.

Three boys and Gross watched as the dogs went after the terrified Faye.
.
.

.

"That my ancestors had done the right thing."
.

Grisha cut an x just above his heart, the other men cheering him on.
.

"In order to correct the world again, Eldia would have to be restored."
.

Grisha gritted his teeth, fury clear on his face.
.
.

.

"Our informant in the Marleyan government was called 'the Owl.' He led the Restorationists without ever showing himself."
.

The group was inspecting rifles and going through books in the underground.
.
.

"Look!" Grisha said, standing before the table and they gathered around him. "This is the truth!" An old book and a worn scroll were laid out on the table. "Our founder Ymir awakened the Power of the Titans... Cultivated the wilds... Built roads... And bridged the mountains!"

The scroll had a drawing of what appeared to be large figures holding up a bridge between a valley as people led a cart across it. Around the two Titans were trees with animal drawings on each side.

"She helped the people prosper and develop this entire continent!" Grisha declared confidently.

"The history we were taught is just a convenient deception for Marley!" One man said.

"Impressive, Grisha..." Grice said the others continued to talk.

"That's right!" Another man said.

"Even if they fool the others, they can't trick us true Eldians!" Another man said.

"You can read this ancient language." Grice said, impressed.

"No... I still haven't deciphered most of it." Grisha said.

"Then how did you know the truth?" Grice asked.

"Isn't it staring us in the face? I know it because I believe in our founder Ymir!" Grisha said. "We're the chosen children of God! The Subjects of Ymir!"

The group thew up their arms and cheered. "Yeah!"

A man opened the door. "Comrades! The Owl sent us somebody!"

"Nice to meet you, everyone." A woman stepped through the door and removed her hood. "My name is Dina Fritz. I'm a descendant of the royal family."
.

"I allowed fate to steer my life and followed wherever it took me."
.

.
.

The group sat and listened to Dina read from a book, standing before them.
.

"She was the last descendant of royal blood who remained on the continent. She provided info about the Titans that only the royal family knew. This was the break we needed for victory."
.

.
.

A drawing of a tall woma with two giants bowing on either of her sides and five more below them was attached to a wooden board.

"I'm sure of it!" Grisha said and slammed his hand on the drawing pinned to the board. Dina stood beside him as the others were gathered around them. "The King took the Founding Titan into the Walls! If we obtain that, we can control all other Titans and completely annihilate Marley!"

"But if he could wield a power that absolute, why did he flee to an island?" A man asked.

"That is because he refused to fight." Dina answered.
.

There was a drawing of a large crack in the earth with two groups facing off against each other, both with giants mixed among the soldiers.
.

"At the time of the Great Titan War, the King abandoned his role of balancing the continent's powers and moved the capital to a remote island." Dina explained. "And so, these wretched days we live all began when the king turned away from conflict."

"Let's fight!" Grisha said strongly and Dina looked at him in surprise. "The true royal family held their ground on this continent for the sake of Eldia!" He gestured his hand toward Dina. "It's time we bring the Founding Titan back to them!" The others stood up. "My comrades! We'll overthrow Marley and restore the pride of Eldia!" Grisha yelled.

"Yeah!" The group roared in unison.

Grisha was surprised when he noticed Dina. She cried and threw her arms around him.
.
.

.

"The next year, the two of us married and were blessed with a son."
.

Grisha held the small blond child. Dina smiled, sitting in bed behind him.
.

"His name was Zeke."
.

"A child with royal blood..." Grisha said eagerly, holding Zeke close to his face. "Someday, this child will lead us all to victory..."
.
.

A photographer stepped out from under the black cloth of the machine and smiled at the family.
.

"As time goes on, people change..."
.

.
.

The trio straightened up, Zeke sitting in his mother's lap in the green chair with Grisha standing next to it.
.

"As the world around us rapidly advanced, a turning point came for the Restorationists."
.

"Listen up, Eldians!" A man in a gray uniform addressed the crowd from the stage. "We will be selecting warriors from various zones around the continent!"
.

"The Marley government needed Subjects of Ymir to serve as vessels for the Nine Titans and become Marleyan warriors."
.

"If chosen,their family will be granted the title of Honorary Marleyans and..." The man said.
.

Dina and Grisha looked at each other.
.
.

"According to info from the Owl," Grisha read from some pieces of paper in the underground room, surrounded by his fellow patriots, "the reason Marley is making a move is to prepare themselves for a struggle for resources as military technology advances. Though Marley leads the world using the power of the Seven Titans, the end of their dominance is nigh."

On a map, Paradis Island was shown.

"A massive cache of fossil fuel lies beneath Paradis, and gone are the days they can ignore it. But the King of the Walls left this warning behind eighty years ago..." Grisha said, looking up. "'If you ever interfere with us, the millions upon millions of Titans in the Walls will flatten the entire world.'"

The group listened to him, appearing stunned and intimidated.

"As long as this threat exists, none dared to confront him. The thing is, the Marley government has the same goal as us. To infiltrate the Walls and recover the Founding Titan," Grisha concluded.

"What do we do?" A man with long white beard said. "At this rate..."

"...Marley will get it before us." Grice finished.

"If that happens, Eldia won't see the light of day again!" Another man said.

"No... There's still a way for us. We'll have my son Zeke to become a Marleyan Warrior." Grisha said.
.
.

"Got it, Zeke?" Grisha instructed the dazed boy who sat between with his father on one side and his mother on the other.

Grisha was pointing to the book open in front of Zeke, his hand on the boy's head.

"Everything the Marleyans are telling you is wrong. But more so than anyone else, you have to obey exactly what they say." Grisha said.

"You're the one who will save Eldia from disgrace." Dina said, her hand on her son's shoulder.

"Okay... I understand..." Zeke replied with a trance-like look on his face.
.

"But if anyone, I should have known... How terrible the sin to besmirch one's beliefs on your children... Not as a child of royal blood... Not as the hope of restoring Eldia... But as my son Zeke, had I ever thought of him that way?"
.

.
.

A young Zeke stood, eyes wide and glassy. He pointed straight ahead.
.

"In any case, Zeke chose to protect himself and his grandparents..."
.

Mr. Yeager and Mrs. Yeager stood behind their grandson.

A man in glasses, Tom, knelt by the boy, hands on his shoulders.

Surrounded by Marleyan soldiers with their guns aimed, Dina and Grisha stood in complete shock.
.

"...in exchange for turning in his foolish parents to Marley Public Security."
.

.
.

"We're here." A Maleyan soilder said.

The blindfold was removed to reveal a sandy landscape with small rocky hills in the short distance.

Grisha opened his eyes slowly. "This is... paradise..."
.

Rocky formations surrounded the small wall with a smattering of humans atop it. Eight flights of stairs led down to four wharves, against one of which a ship was docked.
.

"That's right," Kruger said, hands in his pockets, standing behind Grisha. "The penal colony of Eldian traitors: Paradis Island. This is where you'll serve your life sentence..."

Grisha turned his head back to look at him. His hands were tied behind him, the bandages wrapped around them bloody.

"As a Pure Titan, that is." Kruger finished.
.
.

Grisha screamed in pain, naked and restrained to a wooden chair with leather straps. Two men stood on either side of the chair.

Behind the interrogator with glasses, Kruger was seen with his arms crossed, leaning by the wall.

"Answer me!" Demanded a man with round glasses. "Who is the Owl?!"

"Please! No more!" Grisha begged, crying. "I told you everything! It's true!"

"That's unfortunate. Let's do another." The man said.

Kruger didn't react, listening to them continue to torture Grisha.
.
.

Recognition flashed on Grisha's face, remembering seeing Kruger in his home with Gross.

Grisha faced the desert before him. "I've met you before... When I was little..."

"You remember that?" Kruger asked.

"As if I could ever forget what happened that day!" Grisha yelled.

A black cloth tied around his eyes and hands restrained behind his back, Grice was escorted past Grisha. "Please, just kill me..." His voice shook as he spoke weakly. "Don't..."

"Keep walking!" The Marleyan soldier said and forced him to keep moving.

"Please not a Titan..." Grice pleaded.

"Grice?" Grisha called out.

"Grisha?! What the hell?!" Grice yelled, turning his head right, where Grisha's voice came from. "Why in the world did Zeke betray us?! He's your son!" His blindfold was removed. "I was an idiot to entrust everything to you! The Restorationists!" He screamed in frustration. "Dina, too! Say something!"

Grisha's eyes widened in sorrow. "I'm sorry..."

"Why did we let... a guy like you...?" Grice wept, head bowed. "Eldia is finished..."

Gross walked up to Grice. "We've got a lively one here. You're free to go." He kicked Grice off the wall.

"Grice!" Grisha yelled.
.

Grice went rolling down on the ground.
.

"Hey, Grice!" Grisha yelled.

"Run straight north!" Gross yelled, cupping his mouth with one hand. Grisha looked at him in surprise. "If you're lucky, you might make it to the Wall!"
.

Hands still tied behind him, Grice struggled to his knees.
.

"Sergeant Major Gross?" The Marleyan soldier said in confusion.

"Hmm? This your first time here?" Gross asked, arms crossed. Ten Marleyans stood behind a prisoner each on the wall. "If we let him run off," Gross said as Grice ran. "the Titans we're about to make will chase him down and leave the area. It won't be long till he's eaten. Isn't that right, Kruger?"

"Yeah." Kruger replied.

'It's him... Without a doubt..'. Grisha thought, staring at Gross. 'He's the one who killed my sister!'

Gross clapped his hands. "Alright! We've got a bunch to do this time!" At his words, the soldiers began getting the injections ready. "Let's get a move on!"

"Guys..." Grisha said, stricken.
.

The men screamed when they were injected.
.

"Don't do it!" Grisha yelled.
.

They were kicked off the wall and went crashing into the sandy ground.

An blue orb glow covered a whimpering Grisha as he watched them transform.

"Guys!" Grisha yelled.

The Titans noticed the man running in the distance.
.

"Stop it! Guys, stop it! It's Grice! Can't you see?!" Grisha yelled.

"Kruger! He's so annoying," Gross complained. "I can't stand it."

"I still want to interrogate him a bit." Kruger told Gross. "Continue without
me."
.

"Oh? A woman this time?" Gross said when a soldier brought Dina over. "What a waste... If only you weren't a devil!"

Distraught, Grisha looked to see Dina on her knees to his left. "Dina..."

"Darling..." Dina whispered after her blindfold was removed.

"Why are you here? I... I told them everything there is to know! She's a royal-" Grisha said.

"Silence!" Kruger growled, slapping his hand over Grisha's mouth and twisting Grisha's arm behind his back.

'Could it be...' Grisha thought, struggling to speak. '...he's trying to cover it up?!'

"Sheesh," Gross said. "Make him a Titan and shut him up already."

"Grisha, I..." Dina spoke with a sad smile as she was injected. "No matter what form I take, I promise I'll come and find you."

"That's lovely." Gross said and laughed and came up behind Dina, kicking her off. "You'll make a great Titan couple."

"Dina!" Grisha cried out as his wife transformed.
.

The Titan appeared with a disturbingly wide mouth and an eerie smile.
.
.
.

Eren woke, screaming at the top of his lungs, crying.
.

It startled Armin, Mikasa and Faye, who just entered his room to check on him.
.

Eren was stunned at first before looking around. "Where is this? Who... am I?"

"Eren, relax!" Armin said, coming towards him with Mikasa and Faye following behind. "You're in the barracks."

"Were you having a nightmare, Eren?" Mikasa asked with worry, holding his hand.

"Eren?" Faye asked.

"Yeah..." Eren replied. "I was..."

"You just said... 'Who am I?'" Armin told him.

"What?" Eren asked, surprised.

"You did." Mikasa confirmed.

"Eren, why are you crying?" Faye asked.

"I feel like... I just woke up from the longest dream ever." Eren said, looking down. He touched his forehead. "No... Not a dream... Memories... Just now, I was connected to Dad's memories."

Mikasa and Faye's eyes widened.

"That Titan..." Eren said with teary eyes. "It was you..."
.
.
.

"Dina..." Grisha said softly, watching the Smiling Titan leave.

Gross laughed, pointing at the Titan. "Look! She's running after Grice and forgot all about you! I guess she fancies that guy more than you!"

"Shut up!" Grisha snapped, forehead touching the ground, eyes squeezed shut.

"Did you say something?" Gross asked.

"It's you!" Grisha said and lifted his head, growling at Gross. "Fifteen years ago, the one who fed my eight-year-old sister to the dogs was you!"

"Tsk. Let me get him off your hands." Gross said and stopped the soldier escorting one of the prisoners. "You can head back to the ship."
.

"Um, yes, sir." The soldier said and left. "What was that all about?"

"The Sergeant Major wants some time to have fun, rookie." The other soldier said as they left. "It's best to leave it at that."
.

Gross lit his cigarette. "Kruger, are you done interrogating? Let's have that lad dance for us."

"Dance?" Grisha echoed, not following.

"I remember you now, son." Gross said, the prisoner on his knees before him shaking and crying. "Let's not make you a Titan. I'll have this one turn into a 3-to 4-meter Titan so you can fight him."

"Why would you... do something like this?" Grisha asked slowly. "Do you get enjoyment out of people getting eaten by Titans?"

Gross took a drag of his cigarette and blew out smoke. "Why, you ask? Because it's interesting." Grisha stare at him in shock. "Do you think that's a little crazy? But you know, people actually want to see cruelty." He readied an injection. "Peace can be such a wonderful thing, but something about it is lacking. Losing touch with life and death, perhaps? We should live thinking this might be the last day we've got. That's the only proper state of mind for living things. I'm ready to accept it when that day comes for me. That's because I've faced this cruel world head-on and deepened my understanding of it." He injected the prisoner without breaking eye-contact with Grisha. The man whimpered in pain. "Yeah... It was educational having my sons' dogs eat your sister."
.

The prisoner was sent off and screamed as he went down.
.

"Do you not feel any remorse?" Grisha said and moved his eyes from the prisoner to Gross.

"Well, I get what you're saying. If something like that happened to one of my sons, it would crush my heart." Gross said.
.

The prisoner transformed in a bright blue light and explosion.
.

"You poor things." Gross remarked, bringing the cigarette to his lips. "If only you weren't Eldians."

Grisha gasped at him.

"Look. That's your people's true form." Gross said.
.

The steam cleared to reveal the Peering Titan.
.

"All it takes is some Titan spinal fluid and you turn into gigantic monsters." Gross said. "The world needs to wipe out every last one of you Eldians." He glared, holding up a fist. "That's the wish of humanity everywhere."

"What did you...?" Grisha trailed off.

"Of course I don't feel remorse." Gross said and tossed his cigarette away. "You're the murderers here." He stepped closer to Grisha. "What were you Restorationists planning to do to Marley?" He bent down slightly. "Don't you feel any remorse?"

"It's a lie!" Grisha said, refusing to steadfastly. "I know the truth! Our founder Ymir helped people prosper on the continent-"

"Yeah, whatever." Gross said in boredom, scratching his head. "Since your history is so grand, go and share it with your friend down below!" He grabbed Grisha, forcing him closer to the edge of the wall.

"Stop it! Don't!" Grisha yelled in desperation.

"Hear that?" Gross asked the struggling Grisha gleefully. "Your sister is calling for you!"

"Dammit!" Grisha screamed, his voice echoing.

Suddenly, Kruger was between them, shoving Gross with one hand while his other held Grisha back safely.

Gross stared at the stoic Kruger in shock as he fell off the wall.
.

He hit the ground and rolled to a stop, his hat falling off.

Grunting in pain, he finally noticed the Peering Titan glaring at him. Gross stared at it, mouth open.
.

Kruger sighed, taking off his cap while Gross's screams were heard.

Grisha watched as the Peering Titan brought the screaming and struggling Gross closer to its mouth.
.

"Well? Is it really that interesting?" Kruger asked.

"You're..." Grisha trailed off, staring at him.

Kruger tossed away his cap. "I'm the Owl. Remember this, Grisha." He held a knife to his palm and sliced the skin. "A Titan uses their power like this."
.

Blue lightning struck down and the soldiers at the wharves cried out in surprise, covering their eyes.

Some of the soldiers and crates were flung off by the force of the transformation.
.

Grisha struggled to his feet and stared at the scene before him.
.

The Attack Titan gripped the ship tight and broke it in half over his shoulders.
.

'The Owl... A titan?'

_____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.5K 30
πŸ”žThis is a very dirty Eremika fanfic, if you are not mature enough please click away. That being said: In an alternate universe where the Yeager bro...
2.8K 161 20
Levi and Eren are about to die and Levi reacts in a surprising way. A way that changes everything...a way that changes them. This Ereri/Riren fanfic...
22.5K 511 25
LevixReaderxJake Alternate sequel to "Meeting the Higher-ups" This is an alternate sequel to "Meeting the Higher-ups" where the AOT higher-ups went b...
20.7K 552 200
The rise and fall of Eren Jaeger was no mystery to the world. Neither was his love for the people he needed more than anything. But that was hundreds...