Masterpiece 2

By BriaNextDoor__

Sequel of Masterpiece. More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

6

957 88 17
By BriaNextDoor__

"You would change your mind at the last minute."

Brooklyn sat in her closet, packing some of she and Braylie's clothes. Kevious waited a day before the funeral to say he wanted to go.

He had talked to his therapist, whom said it would be better to go. He was attempting to ignore everything around him but she convinced him not to do that.

"I'm sorry shorty, I just needed to think."

"Great ideas you came up with."

Brooklyn luckily was able to get them plane tickets. They would be leaving later that night, she was nervous to take Braylie on a plane.

Braylie was somewhat in between a six and seven with irritably.

She just hoped it was a one on the plane.

"Q and his girl going with us, you cool with that?"

"Yes, I'll finally get to meet her."

"Yeah." Kevious said lowly eyeing his surveillance camera. He noticed two cars pulling into his driveway.

"I'll be back, stay here." He told Brooklyn while grabbing his gun. Heading out of the room, he peered in Cj's to see if he was still there.

He was sleep, Kevious closed the door and headed downstairs. Looking out of the door, he sighed deeply.

His doorbell rang multiple times before he opened it.

"Yo that shit was not necessary." He said to the older woman. She just walked into his home, her and some guy following.

"It was indeed necessary, hence the fact that your family loves to ignore everyone. Where's my grandson?"

"Took you a minute to try and find him didn't it?" Kevious rubbed his chin.

Ebony looked Kevious up and down before observing his home. She was thrown off by all the black furniture, most people are.

"I see nothing has changed...I just came to make sure he's okay, since he's decided to come live you with I brought the rest of his things."

Kevious just observed the men bringing in the bags. He could see that she brought them for protection.

He knew Ebony wasn't there just to check on Cj. The woman was evil, surprisingly it wasn't always that way.

After Keli killed her husband, Kevious and Ebony fought over custody of Cj. Kevious had to stay out of all trouble and he was going to get him.

That was until, Lauren whom appears in the first book in chapter one, fucked that up for him.

She was an informant, and although the case got dropped, she cost him his nephew.

(I think I'm going to do a chapter dedicated to that, and the situation with Noelle. What do y'all think?)

"You want to see Cj? Alright I'll go get him for you."

Kevious walked up the stairs and went into Cj's room. He was just waking up, wondering why he heard a familiar voice.

"Sound like my nana down there." He mumbled climbing out of bed.

"Yeah she is, go brush your teeth and come speak to her. She say she want to see you."

Cj sucked his teeth walking into the bathroom. Kevious waited for him, a little distracted by the strong marijuana smell.

Kevious ran a hand over his face, he was not feeling like a good guardian. Part of him didn't care if Cj smoked, but the other part was the parent in him.

He decided on what he would do later when Ebony left.

Cj walked out of the bathroom, Kevious nodded for him to go first. He glanced in his room quickly to see if Brook was good.

She was busy watching his surveillance footage, he just shook his head.

"Carlton Jr, you know you're in a lot of trouble right?"

Cj rubbed his head, watching Ebony approach him. She checked him out, trying to see if he was harmed anywhere.

"You kicked me out, I thought about my uncle saying I could always come live with him. Well I'm here."

"You traveled all the way from Louisiana to New Jersey, how did you even get a ticket? You know what that doesn't matter. Terrance bring in the rest of his things." Ebony turned to her guard.

She then turned her attention to Kevious.

"I'm not going to take you to court because this is where he wants to be. But if I hear that you do one thing wrong, I will be back here to get him."

Kevious wasn't phased, he was sure he wouldn't be the one to fuck up.

Suddenly, there was some beeping noises. Both Cj and Kevious looked at each other and then the guys.

They were huge men, up in height with Kevious. He ran his tongue over his teeth, a small smile traveling to his face.

"Stupidest shit someone could ever do is think they can just bring shit in my house without me knowing. What you got in the bag?" He asked calmly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ebony said, Kevious avoided grabbing his gun.

"Nah...nah. You fucking with me, I know you up to some. Fuck out my way."

Kevious walked over to the bags and opened them. He removed the clothes and tore the bottom open.

"Fucking cameras, you trying to spy on me?"

"Just so I know you won't hurt him like your embarrassment of a sister hurt my child. I don't trust your family at all."

Those words felt like they had some power to them, he could feel a wave of anger come over him. Hearing people talk badly about Keli usually drove him nuts.

But this time he refrained from reacting violently, and just pointed towards the door.

"Get the fuck out, and take all this shit with you. I got my nephew." He said, Ebony rolled her eyes hard.

Kevious watched them leave before closing his door. He checked the surveillance footage once more to make sure they weren't being sneaky.

Cj hadn't really known his uncle to react all meanly. He couldn't really blame him though, he knew his grandma was a pain in the ass.

To keep it from being awkward, he spoke up.

"Im about to eat, and I'll go finish unpacking."

Kevious watched him head into the kitchen. He wondered if Cj seen him differently now.

On the other hand, Brooklyn was amused by Kevious ripping open the case. She was just always enjoying anything he did.

"You could've called me down there, I would've handled her well." Brooklyn said, Kevious grabbed his weed tray.

He took a seat in his chair, contemplating between sativa and Indica. He needed to relax his mind so he chose indica.

"I know, I ain't want you assaulting that old ass lady though."

Brooklyn rolled her eyes and stood. She grabbed her coat and slid her feet into her boots.

"I wouldn't have done that. Anyway I have a doctor's appointment in like 40 minutes so I have to go. Please don't wake Braylie up before 11, she needs all of her sleep."

"I won't, Im trying to have a session."

Brooklyn grabbed her keys and her purse. She checked on Braylie once more before heading out of the house.

As she got into her car, she received a message from her dad.

Staples: We need to talk, as soon as possible.

She sat there for moment, trying to figure what could he had possibly wanted.

Meanwhile Kevious had finally decided to go find the bag Kenny told him about. Looking into the closet, he grabbed the bag.

"Nah this is crazy." He whispered seeing what was inside. There were at least 20 stacks of cash.

It made him wonder if that was the money he'd stolen, or did he actually make it?

Hmm.
:
:
"You shitting me."

Kevious stood in his brother's home, just admiring how huge it was. The two were down in Baton Rouge, where Kenny's funeral was held.

The repass was at his home, which was a 3 story 6 bedroom home. Kevious was focused on finding out what else Kenny did besides stealing that money.

His judgement of that was because Kenny didn't graduate nor did he attend college. And the money he found in his guest room back home?

Definitely seemed like some illegal actions happened.

"Kevious? My lord, Kevin didn't tell me you had a baby."

Kevious turned his attention to the short green eyed lady. He could see that it was his grandmother, his dad's mom.

"I didn't tell him I had a kid."

She just smiled awkwardly, leaning over to see Braylie. She surprisingly smiled at her, Kevious was shocked.

"So precious, who is her mama? I'm very curious."

Kevious knew that she was implying that it was odd that any woman could have a baby him.

"My lady in the house with Kenny's girl. I would introduce you to her but she don't like old snarky bitches." He said as blunt as ever.

The women around them gasped, eyeing him up and down.

Kevious's grandmother was beyond shocked, Kevious laughed walking away. His therapist did tell him not to hold back so he wasn't.

He surveyed everyone in the backyard until he spotted Quincy. Walking over to him, he nodded towards Ivy.

"Can I borrow my boy for a minute?"

"Please take him." She said continuing to eat her food. Quincy followed Kevious to the front of the home.

"You check for cameras?"

"Yeah, he just got one outside of his garage. I'm guessing that's where shit goes down at."

"Shit goes down? You find something out?"

Quincy nodded, watching the two men passed by. Once they were out of sight, he pulled something from his pocket.

"Found this in a car, it's a code to some bank security lock. I think he robbed one."

Kevious could see that being true, hence the house and the bag of money.

"I guess his family set for life."

"Speaking of family, your old man came over there trying to take my lady. Almost bust a cap in that nigga."

Kevious laughed, and then it got quiet. He started to think about the night he went to help Kenny.

"Speaking of busting caps, you alright from that? I know shit was tough after being clean from it. "

Quincy rubbed his hands together.

The story about Quincy.

His family were people who didn't play about their money. You could owe 5 dollars, they'd give you til the end of the week and if you didn't pay it back? Dead on the spot.

Quincy was a victim of seeing murder at the age of 5 from a situation similar.

He was never into those things, shit was traumatizing. He just wanted to be an industrial engineer.

Due to the pressure of being taunted by his father and brothers, he was forced into killing people.

He caught his first body at the age of eleven, and was taught exactly how to cover it up. At the age of 24, which was 2 years ago was when he stopped killing.

He was in a bad situation to where each soul he'd taken haunted him at night. Since then, he hadn't killed anyone.

He would just beat them up to refrain from doing it.

So the night a few weeks ago, his intentions of being there was to keep eyes on sneaky shit. He just happened to have to save his friend. 

"I'm good, shit kind of felt nice doing that." He said, Kevious nodded.

Braylie begin to cry all loudly, he grabbed her pacifier and placed it in her mouth.

"Let me take my shorty to her moms, I'll be in the house."

Kevious walked inside the home, instantly hit with a breeze of warm air. He surveyed each room until he reached the living room.

Brooklyn was sitting off by herself, just sipping the drink Erin made her. She was just staring at her phone because the women around were not that friendly.

Kevious approached her, she immediately looked up. He sat down beside her and kissed her cheek.

"You ready to get out of here?"

"We've been here for like twenty minutes."

"That's all I wanted to do, stay for a lil minute and show my support to Erin and her kid. We got a flight in the morning."

"It was delayed to 3 that evening, so you have time."

"You know what I want to use that time for, quit playing."

Brooklyn looked at the time, it was almost 7.

"Okay, let me say goodbye to Erin and her baby. Then we can leave."

Brooklyn stood up and headed into the kitchen. She spotted Erin with her baby, just staring out of the window.

Brooklyn had learned that she was only 19 and trying to get through college. She denied Kenny's offer to pay for school because she knew it was only to keep her under his wing.

Brooklyn felt for her so she gave Erin her number.

May be random appearances sometimes.

After saying goodbye, she and Kevious got into the rental and headed to the hotel. They were staying in Baton Rouge since Brook wanted to be close to Lafayette.

"You remember our first time at the hotel?"

Kevious rubbed Brooklyn's side as the two laid in the bed. She thought about their trip back to Vegas, where chemistry started.

"Dude you had me about to fuck you and I only knew you for like two weeks."

"Im just that nigga, cause look where we at now?"

Brooklyn stared at the ceiling, getting too deep in her thoughts. She felt like shit for having those moments of thinking they moved too fast.

She was pregnant the first time out of the them having intercourse.

But she had to remind herself, it was her life and everything happens for a reason.

She just wasn't quite sure what this reasoning was though.

"The fact that our first time was me being chased by penis is crazy. Couldn't even take it."

"Nah you could take it, you just couldn't handle that type of pressure right then."

"Were you mad because of my attitude or because I was with another guy? You never made that clear." She looked up at him.

He never admitted to being jealous but he def was with that situation.

"I was mad about both, but seeing you ignore me for that nigga had me ready to set that whole place on fire."

"Over lil ole me?" Brooklyn gave a sly smile. The psycho in her was here for his antics.

Kevious couldn't help but laugh. Brooklyn was truly his match made in Heaven.
:
:
Excuse errors, hopefully you enjoyed it🫶🏽.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 2.5K 19
THIS IS THE SEQUEL‼️‼️ Read the other Haze frst. Copy Rights All Rights Reserved By CrazyUnique 2019 productions Start Date: 2/6/2019
1.3M 60.6K 54
" 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪 𝘴𝘮𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘵" 𝐀𝐏𝐑21 𝐀 𝐑𝐈4𝐕𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
3.9K 135 14
- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨...