what i want//steve harrington

By whateverdude_05

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 16 year old Jamie Henderson has a lot of tension with her ex, Steve Harrington. She wants nothing to... More

CAST
SEASON 1
001: Will Byers
002: The Party
003: The Photos
004: The Darkroom
006: The Fight
007: The Walkie
008: Reunion
009: The Bathtub
010: Monster Hunting
011: Aftermath
SEASON 2
012: The New Guy
013: The Party
014: No more Sunshine
015: Apologies
016: Dart
017: Junkyard
018: Confused
019: Interrogation
020: The Bench Team
021: Tunnels
021: The Snow Ball
SEASON 3
022: Russians?
VALENTINES SPECIAL
023: Spycraft
024: The Vents
025: The Elevator
026: Caught
027: Trapped
028: Bathroom
029: Rescued
030: Trouble
031: The Battle of Starcourt
UPDATE
032: Grief

005: The Tree

52 4 0
By whateverdude_05

 ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

The funeral was any old funeral, except it didn't feel right because Will could still be alive. After the funeral Jamie pulled Dustin away from his friends.

"Dustin, after the funeral is over I want you to stay at the Wheelers."

"Why?"

"I am not going to be able to look after you today."

"Why not?"

"I am going to be with Jonathan, he needs someone right now."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too," She says while kissing the top of his head.

"Ew, stop that," Dustin says while pulling away.

"Whatever, I'll see you later."

"Bye."

Jamie then walks over to Jonathan and Nancy.

"What's the plan," She asks.

"We are going to go look for this thing, then kill it." Jonathan answered.

"Woah there, how do we even know where it is?"

"This thing isn't traveling far since all its sightings are within a mile," Nancy explained.

"Exactly. We are going to go to our homes and look for any weapons then meet up at the field near my house," Jonathan said.

"Yeah, okay."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Jamie arrived at her garage where she started looking for anything that could take down a monster. She opened all sorts of bins but found nothing, that's when she remembered to check the shed in the backyard. She turned on the light where she found a small pistol, 2.1 Beretta 92FS, her mother bought in case of emergencies. So, Jamie took the pistol and the bullets and packed her bag and set off.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

She arrived at the meeting spot and saw that Nancy and Jonathan were already there.

"Hey guys," She said.

"Hey Jamie," Nancy said.

"Did you find anything?" Jonathan asked.

Jamie nodded, "What were you guys talking about?"

"Oh, just our shitty parents," Nancy answered.

"What about them?" Jamie asked?

"Just how if or when they ever loved each other," Jonathan explained.

"Ah, I see."

Nancy shot another can, "What about you Jamie? Do your parents love each other?"

There was silence.

Jamie finally spoke up, "Loved. My mom hates him now and honestly, me too."

"How come?" Nancy said.

Another can was shot.

"He's in prison." 

"For what?"

"Geez you ask a lot of questions," Jamie snapped.

"Shall we go?" Jonathan asked.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The three of them were walking in the forest in silence until Nancy spoke up.

"You never said what I was saying."

"What?" Jonathan asked.

"Yesterday," Nancy clarified, "You said I was saying something and that's why you took my picture."

Jamie could tell where the conversation was going.

"Oh, uh...I don't know. My guess...I saw this girl, you know, trying to be someone else. But for that moment...it was like you were alone, or you thought you were. And, you know, you could just be yourself."

"That is such bullshit."

"W-What?"

"I am not trying to be someone else. Just because I'm dating Steve and you don't like him–"

"You know what? Forget it. I just thought it was a good picture."

"He's actually a good guy."

"O-Okay."

"Yesterday, with the camera...He's not like that at all. He was just being protective."

"Yeah, that's one word for it."

"Oh, and I guess what you did was okay?"

"No, I-I never said that."

"He had every right to be pissed–"

"Okay, all right. Does that mean I have to like him?"

"No."

"Listen, don't take it so personally, okay? I don't like most people. He's in the vast majority."

"You like Jamie!!"

"Hey, don't bring me into this conversation," Jamie said.

"That's because she doesn't care about what other people think of her! She doesn't try to impress others, she loves being there for people," Jonathan says.

"You know, I was actually starting to think you were okay," Nancy said.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I was thinking, 'Jonathan Byers, maybe he's not the pretentious creep everyone says he is.'"

"Well, I was just starting to think that you were okay. I was thinking, 'Nancy Wheeler, she's not just another suburban girl who thinks she's rebelling by doing exactly what every other suburban girl does...until that phase passes and they marry some boring one-time jock who now works sales, and they live out a perfectly boring little life at the end of a cul-de-sac. Exactly like their parents, who they thought were so depressing, but they, hey, they get it.'"

Nancy was stunned. She didn't say anything and walked ahead.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

It was now dark and still they hadn't found anything; not a word had been spoken since the conversation earlier. All of a sudden Nancy stopped walking.

"What, are you tired?" Jonathan asked.

"Shut up."

"What?"

"I heard something."

There was a whimper out in the distance. It kept whimpering so the three went to investigate. Eventually, they found what was making the noise, a deer.

"Oh, God," Nancy said.

All three bent down to the ground.

"It's been hit by a car," Nancy said, "We can't just leave it."

Nancy looked at the gun she was holding and looked at the deer. Nancy was hesitant, which Jonathan noticed.

"I'll do it," He said.

"I thought you said–" Jamie started to say.

"Jamie, I'm not nine anymore."

Nancy handed him the gun. All three stood up. Jonathan cocked the gun, ready to shoot. Nancy looked away and Jonathan was about to pull the trigger when something dragged the deer away. All three were startled.

"What was that?" Nancy asked while panting.

"I think it was our little friend," Jamie answered.

They followed the trail of blood on the leaves.

"Where'd it go?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know," Jonathan replied while looking around.

Jamie and Nancy were looking around too where they walked a little further away. Jamie noticed a tree trunk had a strange liquid dripping from inside. She went closer to investigate. When she got closer she shined her flashlight and she saw fresh blood on the leaves.

"Nancy?" Jamie called out. 

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Check it out, I think that thing went in there."

"You're right."

"Jonny?" Jamie called out.

No answer. Looking back at the tree then at Nancy. Both girls gave a nod, dropped their bags then crawled in the tree trunk.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

While crawling through, it was covered in weird skin and the liquid from before. When they reached the end of the tunnel, their lights were flickering on and off. Nancy didn't realize she strayed form Jamie and then she heard a noise, Nancy turned and saw a monster eating the deer. She started walking backward when she stepped on a twig. The monster turned around and opened his face. She screamed. She dropped her light and ran. 

Jonathan heard Nancy scream, "NANCY!!!" 

He ran towards the sound of her scream. He stopped running when he found their belongings in front of the tree.

"Nancy?" He called out.

"Nancy?" He repeated, looking around, "Nancy, where are you?"

He started walking away from the tree.

"NANCY? WHERE ARE YOU?"

"JONATHAN!" Nancy cried out while running, "JONATHAN, I'M RIGHT HERE!"

Then Jamie screamed.

"JAMIE!!!" 

"JONATHAN WHERE ARE YOU!!!" Nancy cried out.

"I'M RIGHT HERE! NANCY AND JAMIE! I'M RIGHT HERE!!!"

"JON-" Someone's hand covered her mouth

"Stop screaming. That monster is going to hear you." Jamie whispered.

"How do we get out?" Nancy replied.

"We need to find that portal."

"JAMIE! NANCY!"

Jamie starts following Jonathan's voice. She turns around and sees the monster. She screams and runs. Jonathan heard her scream and followed it, it led him to the tree. The tree's portal was closing. 

"NANCY RUN!" Jamie yelled. 

The girls got split up. Jamie was behind a tree and Nancy was nowhere to be seen.

"Nancy! Jamie! Just follow my voice!"

She turned her head to the right and saw the portal. She turned her head to the left and saw the monster looking for her.

Jonathan got closer to the tree, "Jamie?"

Suddenly a hand stuck through the portal causing Jonathan to fall backyards.

"Jonathan!" Nancy called out.

"Nancy!" He immediately got up and helped her through.

Jonathan shouted, "JAMIE HURRY! THE PORTAL IS CLOSING!" 

Jamie was still behind the tree trying to stay calm. She could hear the monster looking. She took a deep breathe, then ran for her life. The monster heard her and started chasing her. She didn't look back, she kept going, refusing to stop. She dove into the tree and started crawling as fast as she could. She reached her hand out and Jonathan grabbed it. He started pulling her out when Jamie screamed; the monster had her leg. 

"JONATHAN! PULL! PULL PULL PULL NOW!!!" Jamie screamed in agony.

Jonathan pulled Jamie with all his strength and she finally got free. The monster screamed and Jamie crashed into Jonathan.  

"I got you. I got you Jamie." He says while hugging her.

Jamie was hugging her best friend for dear life. Jonathan and Nancy were looking at the tree, and the weird portal closed.

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

*A/N*

I'm a stan for Jonathan and Jamie's friendship <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 423 38
SLOW UPDATES Please vote and comment it lets me know if I should keep writing the story or not. Steve Harrington x Henderson!Reader This will star...
235 2 5
One date with Steve Harrington, what could go wrong? *THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE THEMES! ANYONE WHO PARTICIPATES IN S3X OR DR!NKING IS OF AGE* I tak...
490K 13.9K 22
「𝗗𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗗 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗦」❝damaged goods, fuck, that has a nice ring to it❞ Started: July 22, 2019 Finished: July 28, 2019 (STEVE HARRINGTON X OC) (...