where I should've been (EDITI...

By 6ixtsix

UNDER MASSIVE RECONSTRUCTION BECAUSE THIS BOOK BADLY NEEDS IT Promised a total turn around in her life.vaness... More

authors note
chapter 1**
chapter 2**
chapter 3**
chapter 4**
chapter 5**
chapter 6**
chapter 7**
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
author note

chapter 20

394 20 2
By 6ixtsix

Petra's pov:

           I still can't believe she had no problems with me being in the mafia. More like being the mafia boss.

      "I'm in the mafia"

     "For real? You're in the mafia, mafia? Godfather and shit? Just when I thought you couldn't get anymore interesting." She said all giddy and giggly.

    I was shocked because this isn't the reaction I was expecting. How is she so freaking calm about this?!

    "You're okay with it? Ain't you scared?"

     "I would have been scared if you told me the first time we met. But ive lived with you long enough to know that,you won't let anything happen to me and my child."

   "I didn't know you would take it so well, I thought you wouldn't want anything to do with me once you found out"

     "Nothing is gonna make me not want you. You being in the mafia is a bonus." She said coming closer to me and wrapping her arms around my neck.

     "How is it a bonus? And also my dad's right hand man runs it,while I run the companies. I only get called when there's an emergency."

    "Well,that's a relief but anyways I still get to be the mafia's girl."she said  in a seductive voice.

   "Hmmm.....the mafia's girl" I said with a thinking face

   "Petra?"

    "Yes?"

    "Will you be my girlfriend? Because at this rate you will never ask the question."

       She just asked the question I've been meaning to ask her for so long. It's not like I was scared or something. Okay I'll admit I was a little bit scared.I thought asking her to be my girlfriend would be a whole different level and she wouldn't want that. But I guess I was wrong

    "Wowwwww I see." She said backing away slowly snapping me back to reality.

   "Oh no,no baby come wait."I immediately held her close.

   "Yes I will be your girlfriend.  I was just lost in my thoughts. You literally just did what I've been chickening out on. Yes Vanessa I will be your girlfriend. But I'm a bit pissed though, I wanted to be the first to ask"

    "Too bad. I said it first" she said smiling.

    "Wanna give me a kiss girlfriend?"

   "You know I do" she said pressing her soft lips against. Mine.

     "Bitch why are you smiling so hard?"

   I was brought back to reality by stupid ass Maddy.

  "None of your business, now why are you at my office?"

   "Can't i just come to my bestie's place of work to spend time with her?"

   "No. Like you said, this is a place of work. Not a place to chilax and spend time with buddies."

    "Oh shutup. You don't even do any actual work here." She said putting her feet on the table making me pushed her legs down.

    "I do.......well, sometimes. But I need to monitor the company's progress anyways."

   "That's true. So how are you and baby mama?"

   "Don't call her that. We're good. Great actually. She asked me to be her girl friend the other day."

    "No wayyyyy.... You were too much of a pussy to ask her out so she had to do it for you" she said laughing making me stand and smack the fuck out of her head.

   "You asshole. I didn't want to rush her into a new relationship yet. That's why I delayed, and asking someone out goes both ways. The important thing is that she's my girlfriend now and there no one that can take her away from me." I said smiling, I don't care if she think im whipped. All I know is that she makes me really happy.

    "So that's the reason you were smiling."

     "Don't worry. You will find someone who will make you feel this way."  she scoffed. She has been very unlucky in the aspects of love. She doesn't believe she will find love. So right now she's just...... Pimping. Yeahhh that's the word for it.

   "Whatever, anyways your sister said she's coming today. Is it true?"

   "Yeah. You just reminded me, I'm supposed to pick her up by... 2 andddd it's 2 already. You want to come with me to the airport?"

    "No thankyou, I don't wanna face Laurel right now." I chuckled. She and Laurel has this no strings attached situationship thingy going on, until Laurel came home one with this dude. Introducing him to us as her fiance. Maddy was so pissed at her, they didn't talk for the whole of last year. They recently started exchanging text when Laurel broke it off with the boy. (I still don't know his name). Laurel never said why she broke off the engagement but a part of me knows that Maddy has something to do with it.

   "Alright lover girl see ya later" I said standing up from my chair, she did the same and kissed my cheeks. I took my things and head out with her following behind me.

    Before I got to the airport she was already blowing up my phone. Couldn't she have called Mom to pick her up? Why does she have to stress me....ugghhhh I wanna go home to my baby.

    I got to the airport. I immediately found her. She wasn't that hard to find. She was the only one dressed like she was going for the met gala.

    She's so extra. I rolled my eyes and dragged her along the airport, wanna be disturbing me and shit.

    "Why did you come here to hold a sign for me before the plane landed." She asked as soon as we got to where my car was parked.

     "The fuck do you think you are? Now get in the car before I leave your ass behind."

    "Wowww. Just as nice as I remembered you to be." I rolled my eyes and help her put her bags in the trunk. I just wanna go homeee.

   My phone rang and I pick it up. Oh, its my baby calling.

Vanessa
Hey baby

Me.
Hey mama. What's up

Vanessa.
Can you please pick up Dami on your way? I have cramps. It hurts real bad.

Me.
Yeah sure. I will, are you okay? Do you need me to get you anything? Any pills?

Vanessa.
I will be fine, I just need you to bring Dami back and come cuddle with me.

Me.
Alright I get home as soon as I can.

Vanessa
Thank you very much.

Me
You're welcome baby.

  She ended the call. I dropped my phone in the coffee holder to see Laurel staring at me amusingly.

  "What?!"
  "Who's that?"

    "None of your business laurel,now put on your seat belt....or not. I don't care. Just shutup" I said backing up the parking lot.

   "So there's actually a person who can make the great Petra Kings sound so sweet and nice" She said teasingly. I would have dropped her by the side of the road. But the headline tommorow are gonna be so bogus, so I decided against it.

   "So who's she" she said again.

   "My girlfriend. Now shutup,your voice makes my ear itch."

    "I'm gonna tell Mom you're being mean to me"

    "Right." I stale faced her

    I drove off to Dami's school. Stopping at the entrance.

   "What are we doing here?" Laurel said again. Seriously doesn't she know the meaning of shut up? Don't get me wrong I love my sister. But I really wish I was home with Vanessa right now.

    "To pick my child up, now get down let's go find her" I said getting out of the car

      I saw Dami holding hands with a girl in the playground.. They were both giggling she saw me and walking towards me still holding the girl. I was surprised. I didn't know she was the type to make friends. She gives off that 'fuck off' energy.

     "Who your this?" I asked crotching down to their level.

   "She's my girlfriend" she said like it was a normal thing to say. I  gave her a questioning look but she just shrugged.

   "No silly, I can't be your girlfriend, you're a girl." The other kid spoke up. Oouu I like where this conversation is going

    "Why's that?" Dami asked, I looked over at Laurel who had an exhausted look on her face. She must be jetlagged. Too bad she asked me to be her driver.

     "Girls are not supposed to date girls." She said smiling, I would have punched her in the face if she wasn't a kid.

    I wanted to say something but Dami spoke up "who told you that?" 

    "My mom"the other kid said.

   "Well.... Your mom is a dumb bitch." She said and removed her hands from the girls hand and held mine

   "I'm telling my mom" the other one said.

   "Tell her my daddy has men with guns that are not afraid to shoot an ugly lady." She said and flipped her hair making it hit the other girls face.

   I know I shouldn't allow this but this is wayyyy to funny.

    I turned to see Laurel laughing out loud making the kid cry. I felt so bad for the poor child. So I gave her 5 dollars hoping it shut her up. She immediately shut up.

    "Go inside kid" I told her and she nodded.

    "Kid you're amazing." Laurel said high five-ing Dami. I glared at her.

   "What? She handled the matter so well"

   "But she's just a kid I don't want her cussing. What did your mom said about you cussing?"

    "I'm sorry daddy. She provoked me. Are you gonna tell Mommy?"
(Yeah she calls me daddy now. Hehe)

    "I won't if you promise not to make it an habit."

  "I wont, I promise." I put her in her seat and put on the seat belt before getting I to the driver's seat.

   "Petra who's child is this?"
   "Didnt I tell u she was mine?"

  "I know but who's her mother? Is she yours biologically cos I won't be surprised if she's yours. She's the little version of you."

    "If I answer the question would u shut up?"

    "Yeah"

   "She's my girlfriend's child."
    "Oh, why does she call you daddy then?"

    "Because she'll be my daddy when she get married to my mommy" Dami said.

    "That means I'm gonna be your aunty then?"
   "Daddy is it true?"

    "Yes she's my sister. You can call her Laurel or relly."

   "Aunty relly it is"

   "What's your name?" Laurel asked her.

   "Damilola Delaney Daminabo."

    "Really" I asked. Even I didn't know her full name. Delaney, nice name.

   "I love your name."  Laurel said.

   " I love yours too. I'm going name my new panda teddy after you"

   "Awwww. That's so sweet"

   "Yeah obviously she is. I would have named my alpaca after you."

   "Petraaaaa!" she screamed punching my arm. I chuckled and blocked her weak punches and concentrated on the road.

   Finally I'm gonna be in my baby arms. Home here I come.

A/N: this book wont have any mafia activities in it. Because it's not a mafia story, I just wanted to shed light on why Petra had that much security at her house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.8K 18
They were only supposed to be acting, it should all have been pretense, so how dare she fall in love. Falling in love wasn't part of the agreement...
33.9K 3.7K 44
☆ Featured ☆ NA ✔︎ AmbassadorsNG ✔︎ Wattpad ✔︎ It's challenging to be yourself in a society where being a lesbian is an offense with a fourteen-year...
50.2K 3K 20
Halfway through her walk, her secretary appeared. Helena stopped to hear what he had to say. My vision for this long awaited day shattered when she t...
225 14 9
A Lesbian Romance based on true story. Get inspired with Amara and Erin. A Muslim and Christian journey, two different women, from two different worl...