Orphic Ὀρφικά

By ph3onix_daem0n

(records of ragnarok x reader) A Long time ago a rumor was spread that a once celestial being had been sent t... More

Status
Chapter 1: Seraph
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Olympus
Chapter 4: Hestia's Palace
Chapter 5: Meet the gods
Status: Updated
Chapter 6: Survival
Chapter 8: Meeting the contestants
Chapter 9: Training
Chapter 10: Preparations
Status: Update
Chapter 11: Fuck you, Zeus
Chapter 12: A date gone... right?
No one is dying... except that bitch
Chapter 14: Anxiety is a Pain in the ass
Chapter 15: Luci! Tell me your secrets.
Chapter 16: Ugh... boys...
Chapter 17:A 'Secret' meeting

Chapter 7: Ragnarok

5.4K 243 104
By ph3onix_daem0n

The seven-million-year history of mankind is about to end.

It is not due to nuclear war or an invasion by an alien race, or even a collision with an asteroid. Mankind now faces its extinction, its end, at the hands of none other than the creators of mankind themselves, the gods.

In the council of Valhalla, all the gods sat around a single throne in the center of the room. Zeus sat on his dragon throne, holding a wooden gavel, his eyes sunken in as he visibly showed his age. Hermes stood by his side, holding two poles, each with its sign. One green circle and one red 'x'.

While the gods were busy discussing in the council of Valhalla, two demigods, or Valkyries, stood outside of the council waiting for their time to shine.

"The time has come, my sister, Brunhilde," Göll, the youngest, told her sister. They started walking to the entrance of the council, taking their time as Brunhilde felt anticipation with her plan coming into action.

Meanwhile, in the council, Zeus banged the wooden gavel against the small table on the side of his dragon throne. "Now then, everyone, 1,000 years already passed since the last session," Zeus spoke, his voice rough from old age. "Let us commence our meeting. The Council on the Fate of Mankind attended by all the gods of the world."

Zeus looked with a sinister look as he continued speaking. "The question is..." he paused, letting the tension rise. "...Do we allow mankind to continue to exist for the next 1,000 years..." Hermes held up the pole with the green circle, a pleasant smile on his face. "Or do we bring their existence to an end?" he asked. Hermes held up the red 'x', his smile turning into a small smirk. "Gods and goddesses, make your opinions known."

"Here's what I think," a voice said from the audience. Shiva, laying on a comfortable pillow, held up four red x's with his four arms. "They should be wiped," he answered simply. "I've watched them these last, 1,000 years, but they have zero intention of reforming. Let's demolish the whole lot of them."

"Yes, you are right, Shiva," Aphrodite said. "These past 1,000 years, the world has become increasingly unpleasant. The oceans are filled with trash and oil, the forests are dying out, and creatures continue to go extinct. You could even say mankind itself is a calamity that is annihilating all living things on the face of the earth." As soon as she finished talking, she held up a red x. The gods surrounding the council nodded along, some even shouting words of encouragement towards her statement.

"Aphrodite is right!"

"Mankind should be exterminated!"

"Those scums are a pestilence!"

"I'm weary of leading them."

Soon all the gods and goddesses held up the pole with the red x. They couldn't stand leading mankind anymore. All the horrible things done to the world were led by them, done by them, and controlled by them.

"Well, it seems we've come to a decision," Zeus spoke, lifting the wooden gavel in the air. "By unanimous vote, The Council on the Fate of Mankind has decided to end–"

Zeus was cut off by the doors to the Council slamming open. "Wait!"

The gavel, which was about to hit the small table, stopped midair. The force of the gavel stopping sends a gust of wind through the entire Council. Everyone looked up, seeing a determined Brunhilde and a small Göll standing by the side of her sister.

"What?"

"Who was that?"

"Well, if it isn't a Valkyrie."

Everyone kept on whispering about the sudden interruption. They couldn't believe a Valkyrie had stepped foot in the Council while a meeting was being held. Zeus looked at Brunhilde, slightly shocked at the interruption.

"What are you thinking, Brunhilde?" Göll asked her sister, looking up at her as sweat trickled down the side of her face. Why would her sister disrupt the Council while the gods were speaking? "You can't stop the gods from concluding a decision!"

Brunhilde ignored her scared sister as she started to speak. "With all due respect, gods and goddesses, I have an objection."

On the far side of the Council two crows, one black and one white shouted out. "Stay out of this, Brunhilde!"

"You stupid half-breed god!" Huginn, the white feathered crow shouted out.

"This is a matter for the gods, so butt out!" Muninn, the black feathered crow exclaimed. "You want to fight? Then bring it on!"

Brunhilde slightly glared at the two, continuing to speak. "Admittedly, mankind's tyranny and atrocities are egregious."

"How dare you ignore me!" Muninn shouted out in anger.

"However," Brunhilde went on. ", simply eliminating them would be too crude." Odin's eyes twitched as he listened.

"I see," Zeus spoke out.

"How about this? To determine whether it is worth allowing mankind to exist for another 1,000 years, demonstrate the mercy and power of the gods by testing mankind."

"Test them?" Huginn questioned. "Do you want to flood the earth again?"

"Or hasten the ice age and freeze them?" Muninn asked.

"No. There is a more effective method," Brunhilde said, shocking all of the gods.

"What?"

"What is she up to?"

"What is she saying?"

Brunhilde closed her eyes as she listened to them. " The final battle between god and man, Ragnarok." As she finished her sentence the god's eyes widened in shock. Who does she think she is?

Göll looked at her sister in curiosity. "Ragnarok?"

A flash of green appeared above Brunhilde's right hand. A book fell in her hand as it opened up to the page she wanted it. "As stipulated in the ultra-special clause of Article 62, Paragraph 15 of the Constitution of Valhalla it is "a one-on-one battle between the gods and mankind."

The Law of the Final Battle Between God and Man, otherwise known as "Ragnarok." It is a tournament of one-on-one battles between 13 humans and 13 gods. Whichever side achieves seven victories first wins. The moment mankind loses seven times, their destruction is decided. On the other hand, if mankind wins, their existence for the next 1,000 years is guaranteed. But this law has never once been applied since the birth of mankind.

This is because humans defeating gods is utterly impossible!

In other words, the statute is a mere formality. It was established purely as a joke by the gods.

Chaos erupted through the throne room. Gods and goddesses muttering in utter disbelief. A laugh echoed through the room.

"Ha! What a bunch of nonsense!" Huginn shouted. Odin started becoming more and more irritated by the crows interrupting and screaming in his ear. "I would've thought a Valkyrie as you would know."

"Humans are no match for gods!" Muninn shouted along.

"It's a total waste of time!" they shouted together.

In another flash of green, the book of rules disappeared from Brunhilde's hand. The gods around the room shouted their agreement with what the crows had said. They thought it was a complete fake, fighting against humans. How could humans win against literal gods?

"So I take it that it is the gods' opinion that mankind should be eliminated and..." Brunhilde paused, thinking. "that you want to avoid direct competition with humans?" The crows showed their confusion. "You want to eliminate mankind without battling them? You don't want to face them face-to-face?" she asked. Göll turned to her sister, wondering what she was up to again. "Could it be? Is it possible that you are chickening out?"

The sound of the question echoed through the council, making sure it reached every god and goddesses' ears. "If that's true, then please excuse me for interfering," Brunhilde said, a pout forming on her lips as she sadly looked to the ground.

"Brunhilde..." Göll whispered. Sweat formed on her eyebrows as she felt the auras of the gods become menacing.

"Please ignore my remarks. Let's forget about Ragnarok and all that," Brunhilde said, feeling Göll gripping her arms.

"Don't do that! You'll be up being eliminated before mankind is! Please apologize to them! Brunhilde!" Göll shouted, feeling scared for her sister. Göll stopped her tantrum as she heard laughter echo through the room. "What?" The gods were... laughing? "They're not angry?"

Oh, how wrong little Göll was.

There's one thing Brunhilde was quite confident of...

I knew it. The gods are far more short-tempered than mankind, Brunhilde thought happily.

An old crusty, dusty laugh was soon heard above all the others. Zeus was laughing. "I see. Ragnarok, right? I find your proposal intriguing. Thank you for bringing it up. Quite intriguing. What do you say, everyone? It's been a while, so wouldn't you like to see," Zeus spoke, his eye glowing a bright yellow. ", the thundering of the gods and our overwhelming ferocity? How about it, everyone?! Let us gods fight it out against mankind!"

Zeus grabbed his gavel, lifted it in the air, and slammed it down on the small table. The loud slap of wood against each other echoed through the room. The gods roared in approval at the decision.

Thus, the final battle between god and man, Ragnarok, was unexpectedly approved!

"Brunhilde," Zeus spoke again. Hermes stood in front of Zeus with his cane in his hands. "I would like you to select those who will represent mankind. You want to assist mankind, don't you?" he asked, pointing a finger at her. "After all, you are one of the tragic Valkyries, the half-god, half-human beings who were once reduced to being humans. Right?" His eye glowed the same bright yellow, threateningly.

"I shall select the thirteen most powerful humans from mankind's seven million years of history," Brunhilde said, agreeing to his statement. Little did they know, she had already chosen the strongest and most powerful humans.

As the two Valkyries bowed and prepared to walk away. Zeus spoke once more, sending shivers down Brunhilde's back. "And make sure to bring that human you stored away with as well," he added.

Brunhilde stood still before walking away. The gods and goddesses watched the two walk away, not noticing the dark stare Brunhilde had on her face. 

⋙—————————⋘

The two of them arrived back at Hestia's palace, Brunhilde storming off to her office. Göll jogged to her sister's side, looking at her concerned.

"Sister, where are you going?" she asked, skeptically.

"I am bringing back [Name]. Now," she answered. Pushing the doors to her office open, she walked to the middle of her office, extending a hand in front of her.

The same flash of green appeared above the floor, sending a person and a bird falling through. Brunhilde and Göll's eyes widened at the bird on the person's shoulder. "A phoenix?" Brunhilde whispered astounded.

"I thought... I thought they were extinct," Göll muttered, her eyes shining seeing the phoenix.

"You motherfucker..." the person in front of them whispered with venom. They turned around, pointing the arrow at Brunhilde. "How dare you send me off to a monster-infested fucking forest!" you shouted at her, glaring.

Göll quickly hid behind Brunhilde, shielding herself from the dangerous woman. "It was the only method I could think of to get your memories faster. I apologize for sending your there, without warning. But I have some good news for you. If you could put the bow down, I could tell you all about it."

You glared at her, tightening your grip on the arrow in your bow. Sighing you pointed the bow down, letting the string of the bow relax. Although you still kept the arrow knocked in.

"Thank you," Brunhilde said.

"Whatever. What is this good news?" you asked. Now that you were back, the rough day you had finally came down on you, tiredness settling in and your arms and legs hurting from the exercise.

"I have managed to convince the gods about Ragnarok. They have agreed to fight against the strongest of mankind's warriors," she told you. "If we manage to win seven rounds, then humanity is saved again for another 1,000 years."

"Then I can go home?" you asked.

"Yes," Brunhilde nodded. No.

You nodded. "Is that all?" you asked.

"Unfortunately, no. The bad news," she said.

"Of fucking course, " you sighed. There always has to be bad news.

"The gods know of your existence. They know that I brought you here and expect you to be there," she said, letting the information sink in.

You stared at her silently. "You have got to be kidding me," you whispered in disbelief. "This day just keeps getting worse and worse."

"If you want, I could get you a small spa treatment before the big day?" Göll offered. "I could even get you one for your phoenix friend."

"It's Kai. I named him after my hunting bird when I lived in Scotland more than 200 years ago," you said, scratching Kai's head.

"So you remember?" Brunhilde asked immediately. "What else do you remember?" she asked quickly, her eyes holding certain desperation that you couldn't make out.

"I have retrieved some important memories. I am pretty sure I gained more of Lagertha's memories as well," you said.

"Anything else?" she asked.

You shook your head. "No. And Göll," you called out to her.

"Yes?" she asked uncertainly.

"I would love that spa treatment and I am sure Kai would appreciate it as well," you said, smiling at her.

She nodded before leaving the office, forgetting to close the door behind her.

Brunhilde was about to speak, but you quickly shot the arrow next to her head. You missed on purpose, but it definitely shut her up.

"I am still pissed off with you," you said, glaring. You walked with Kai on your shoulder, out of her office, leaving her alone.

As you walked to your room you were met with two maids. "We were informed of your spa treatment, miss," they said.

That was quick, you thought. You nodded as you walked behind the two of them. As you followed them, you noticed the more secluded area. A calming aura surrounded you, as you entered a room.

"If you could please take off your clothes and into the bath, we can start you messaging earlier," they informed you.

"Thank you," you said. They left the room, quickly getting undressed, you let Kai fly away to another room where they would be treating him well. You climbed into the warm bath.

Your muscles immediately relax against the soft bubbles and fragrant. A minute or two later, you started to scrub the dirt out of your hair and body. The smell of roses lingered in the air as you used a sponge to clean the last bits of grime.

Climbing out of the bath you informed the maids that you were done. "If you could please follow me," a maid said, walking into a secluded room, where a comfortable table was placed. "If you could please rest on top of the cushioned table, I can get you your massager and we can get started, yes?"

You quickly climbed on top of the massage table, getting ready for a nice massage on your sore muscles. The door to the room opened up as someone walked in. They didn't speak so you assumed that you weren't supposed to talk. You had only been to a couple back on earth and some were very talkative while others just did their job.

You felt a pair of hands massage your shoulders, moving down to your back. Letting the massager do their thing, you relaxed the more they pressed and rubbed against your muscles. You then let out a breath as they moved on to your legs. It made you suspicious of the person. Sneaking a glance, you saw the familiar blue hair in the candlelit room.

What you didn't tell Brunhilde was the fact that you had retrieved all of Lagertha's memories. That includes the love confession Brunhilde told Lagertha, you.

You smirked as you rested your head back down on the cushions. As she rubbed your calves and moved up to your thighs, you let out a small moan at the relief. Her hands stopped a moment before they continued. She was a terrible liar.

She moved to your other leg, as you repeated the same thing just moments after. Another breath was released as she continued to message you. When she was done, you stretched.

"Hmm, thank you for that lovely massage, Brunhilde," you said, smirking as you heard her gasp slightly.

"You knew all along?" she asked.

You smirked as you jumped off the table, taking long strides towards her. "Of course, you were always a terrible liar," you said stopping in front of her.

"Um, I thought this was a way that I could show how sorry I am-" you cut her off by placing a finger on her soft lips. She stared at you, shock evident in her eyes.

"I know why you did it," you said whispering seductively. You carefully wrapped your arms around her. "There is no need to lie, Brunhilde," you whispered in her ear.

Her hands moved to grip your waist, tightening their hold on you as you kissed just below her ear. She breathed out, swaying lightly.

"Holy..." she whispered, her eyes closing as you placed another soft kiss on her neck.

As she moved her head to you, you let her go. "I think it is time I go to bed," you yawned. "Good night, Brunhilde."

You left, heading to your room.

As you opened your door, you found Kai sitting on the chair by your desk. "Well, hello Kai. Don't your feathers look shiny," you complimented him.

He whistled in approval. You smiled as you walked to your closet. Picking comfy pajamas pants and top, you climbed into bed, snuggling deeper before falling asleep with a smile. 

⋙————————⋘

Brunhilde stood in front of the door you were about to get your massage. She told the massager that she would be attending to you. As he left, she opened the door not daring to speak. She closed it before walking over to the oils.

Taking an oil that smelled of lavender, she squirted some on her hands, moving to you. She gently placed her hands on your shoulders, beginning the massage. She moved carefully from your shoulders and neck to your back. Biting her lip, she looked at your legs.

She moved to your legs, accidentally breathing loudly as she touched you. It has been too long since she touched you. As her hands moved from your calve to your thigh she heard a soft moan leave your lips. She stopped a moment, her thoughts running wild. She continued her message, moving to your other leg. The same reaction. She had to speed up this process before things get out of control.

She finished rather quickly, when she was done, you stretched, and the towel that was wrapped around your body moved a bit down. She gulped seeing the outline of your chest,

"Hmm, thank you for the massage, Brunhilde," she heard you speak.

Her eyes widened as she looked at you. "You knew all along?"

The smirk that played on your lips sent tingles down her spine, and the way you walked towards her made your curves show through the towel. "Of course, you were always a terrible liar," you said. You stopped in front of her.

Quickly coming up with an excuse, she started explaining. "Um, I thought this was a way that I could show how sorry I am-" she was cut off by your finger being placed on her lips.

This shocked her, you usually kept your distance from her, but this was new... and she didn't exactly hate it.

"I know why you did it," you whispered seductively. She wanted to deny her statements but was cut off again when you wrapped your arms around her neck. Your breath hit her ear, sending a shiver down her spine. "There is no need to lie, Brunhilde." Holy Hades, the way you said her name. Brunhilde wrapped her hands around your waist, feeling her mind go haywire.

Then you kissed below her neck. Her hands tightened their hold. Fuck me, she thought. She breathed out, feeling herself go on cloud nine.

"Holy..." she whispered, as you placed yet another kiss on her neck.

She wanted more. No, needed more.

Brunhilde moved her head, to kiss you. Kiss you more than any of the lovers you had in the past centuries. But you let her go.

"I think it is time I go to bed," you yawned. "Good night, Brunhilde."

She watched as you walked out of the room. As you disappeared she felt herself blush ten times than her usual self. She couldn't believe what you had just done. Does that mean... did you remember?

Brunhilde felt her confidence boost as she walked out to her room. She certainly couldn't wait to see you tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 508 19
Once upon a time two Goddess were the best of friends... Aphrodite the Goddess of Love and Astrior the Goddess of Emotions. The two were the best of...
148K 5.3K 19
After years of isolation, (Y/N) a Goddess of Souls and Life, must finally reveal herself when the other deities are threatening to annihilate humanit...
147 4 58
Ragnarök The war of the gods The Valkyrie are running short of Einherjar, the souls of the valiantly slain in battle. These souls are incorporated in...
225K 11K 30
❝If you return to your old world, we will follow you, and we will destroy everything you love. This is your home now.❞ Percy's world didn't teach her...