what i want//steve harrington

By whateverdude_05

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 16 year old Jamie Henderson has a lot of tension with her ex, Steve Harrington. She wants nothing to... More

CAST
SEASON 1
001: Will Byers
003: The Photos
004: The Darkroom
005: The Tree
006: The Fight
007: The Walkie
008: Reunion
009: The Bathtub
010: Monster Hunting
011: Aftermath
SEASON 2
012: The New Guy
013: The Party
014: No more Sunshine
015: Apologies
016: Dart
017: Junkyard
018: Confused
019: Interrogation
020: The Bench Team
021: Tunnels
021: The Snow Ball
SEASON 3
022: Russians?
VALENTINES SPECIAL
023: Spycraft
024: The Vents
025: The Elevator
026: Caught
027: Trapped
028: Bathroom
029: Rescued
030: Trouble
031: The Battle of Starcourt
UPDATE
032: Grief

002: The Party

92 5 0
By whateverdude_05

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

"Will is missing??"

"H-He wasn't at school and then Chief Hopper came and asked us questions," Dustin let out some more tears. After a few minutes, he continued, "Then they told us to be careful going out alone because they don't want any more missing kids."

"Oh Dustin," Jamie says while hugging him, "I'm sure Hopper will be able to find Will. He couldn't have gone that far."

"I hope so."

There was some silence when Jamie spoke up, "How about we watch a movie to distract us?"

"I like that idea. What movie?"

"How about...Star Wars."

"But it's a school night."

"Does it look like I care?"

Dustin smiled, "Yeah okay."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Hours passed by and Jamie fell asleep on the couch while Dustin kept watching. All of a sudden heard a knock on the door. He got up and paused the movie and walked over to the door. I looked through the peephole and saw it was Mike and Lucas. He unlocked the door and went outside, not wanting to disturb Jamie.

"What are you guys doing?" Dustin asks.

"We are going to look for Will," Mike answers.

Dustin sighs, "Are you kidding me? We were told NOT to go looking for Will."

Mike rolls his eyes, "Look, Will didn't cast protection last night and did a fireball which he was taken by the Demogorgan."

"What are you implying?" Dustin asks.

Mike rolls his eyes again, "I'm implying that Will could have been taken by the Demogorgan. And that means we need to go look for him. Tonight."

"How do we know that?"

"I don't know! It doesn't hurt to go look."

"I don't know man..."

"Don't be a wimp Dustin! Are you coming or not?" Lucas says.

There was a brief moment of silence. Then Dustin answers, "Fine. I'll come."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Jamie wakes up to the sound of Dustin walking in the front door.

"Hey, where did you go?" She asks.

"I....went to Lucas'!! Yeah! We were REALLY sad about Will so I went over!"

"Alright..." She had a doubtful look on her face.

"Well! I'm going to bed! I'm really tired soooo I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight, love you!!" Then he runs to his room.

"LOVE YOU TOO!" She shouts before going to bed herself.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The next day at school, Jamie walks to her locker only to see her friend Barb waiting. 

"Hey, Barb." She said with a smile.

"Hey! Why'd you decline Steve's invite?"

"First off, I hate parties. Second, why would I go to my ex's house with the girl he cheated on me with?"

"Oh...yeah. I kind of forgot about that."

"Are you going?"

"Yeah, I was gonna ask if you would come.

"Why?"

"Because Steve and Nance are going to be together and Tommy H and Carol annoy me. I'm third wheeling."

"I don't know...I promised Dustin I'd be home tonight."

"Pleaseeeeeeeee."

"Okay fine. I'm not going to stay long."

"YAY! You are the best!"

"No problem."

"Come by at 8!!!"

Jamie nodded. 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·. 

Jamie parks in her driveway after a horrible day at school, having to deal with her best friends ignoring her, failing a test, and being worried about her brother. She walked inside an empty house. Her mom was at work and Dustin was most likely at Mike's. She went to her room and started some homework before the party. She couldn't focus without knowing where her brother was, so she walked over to the phone and dialed The Wheelers. It rang a couple of times but then someone picked up.

"Hello, this is Mike."

"Mike! Is, uh, is Dustin with you? He isn't home and I'm just worried."

"Yeah, Dustin and Lucas are with me."

"Thank God. Alright, that's all I called for. Tell Dustin I'm going out for the night."

"Yeah, I'll do that."

"Thank you. Bye"

"Bye"

She hung up the phone, feeling a huge wave of relief off her chest. She walked to her room to get ready for the party. She decided to go with some mom jeans, a sweatshirt, and her beat-up Converse. 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

She arrived at Steve's house before Nancy and Barb but she did hear Tommy H. and Carol screaming. She sighed then got out of her car and walked into the Harrington household. She went to the backyard where the teens were located.

"Jamie? I didn't think you were coming." Steve said.

"I changed my mind." 

Steve let her in and she followed him to the back. She sits down in one of the chairs and lights a cigarette, watching Tommy H. and Carol flirt. Steve sits next to Jamie and lights a cigarette. There was a lot of tension between them. Jamie hated Steve for what he did and Steve hated Jamie for not understanding why. The doorbell rang and he got up.

A few moments later Steve walked back with Nancy and Barb. They were all just sitting and talking while Steve shotgunned a can of beer. Then sat down

Nancy noticed and said, "Is that supposed to impress me?"

He looked at her while lighting a cigarette, "You're not?"

She looked back again smiling, "You are such a cliche, you do realize that?"

He rolled his eyes, "You are a cliche. What with your grades and your band practice."

He lights his cigarette and she says, "I'm so not in band."

"Okay, party girl. Why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done then?" He says handing her a pocket knife.

"Okay." She says taking the knife and reaching for a can of beer.

Jamie rolled her eyes and Barb looked down in disbelief. Nancy then stood up.

Steve said, "You gotta make a little hole right in-"

Nancy cut him off, "I got it."

Steve puts his hands up and Tommy H. goes, "Yeah, she's smart, you douche!" Then proceeds to crush his empty can on his head and throws it on the ground.

Nancy finally puts a hole in the can and pops the lid open.

Steve starts to chant, "Chug, chug, chug."

Then Tommy H. and Carol join Steve, "Chug. Chug. Chug," and they keep going until Nancy finishes. She drops the empty can on the floor and all 3 teens cheer for her. Nancy does a little bow.

Nancy turns around to Barb and asks, "Barb, you wanna try?"

Barb looks up and looks at Nancy, "What? No. No, I don't want to. Thanks."

Nancy grabs a can anyways and says, "Come on."

Steve agrees and says yeah.

Barb tells Nancy, "Nance, I don't want to."

Nancy, ignores her friend's answer, "It's fun! Just give it a-"

"Nance." Barb interrupts.

Nancy hands her the knife and beer, "Just, just give it a shot."

"Barb, you don't have to." Jamie speaks up.

"Shut up Jamie." Tommy H. says.

Jamie gives him the middle finger.

Barb gives into peer pressure and stands up, "Okay." She holds the beer and knife and tries to cut a hole, but she misses and cuts her hand making her drop the beer and knife.

"Gnarly," Tommy H. says at Barb's bleeding hand.

"Are you okay?" Nancy said with a worried tone.

"Yeah," Barb says.

"Barb you're bleeding," Nancy replies.

"I'm fine," She says to Nancy. Then looking at Steve she asks, "Where's your bathroom?"

Steve gets up, "Oh, it's...It's, uh, down past the kitchen, to the left."

"Okay, thanks." Barb makes her way to the bathroom.

Jamie gets up and goes after Barb when she's questioned by Steve. Not in the mood, she ignores him and helps Barb in the bathroom.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"Thanks for coming," Barb says.

"No worries," She looks at the wound, "Damn. That's deep."

"Tell me about it."

While Jamie was helping clean Barb up there was a scream from the pool.

"What was that?" Barb asked.

"Tommy H. most likely pushed Carol in the pool," Jamie answered. She grabbed the bottle of disinfection, "This is gonna sting, okay?"

Barb nodded. Jamie then poured some on the wound and Barb winced at the sting. Jamie then put a towel around it.

"Sorry, I couldn't find any bandages, so you'll just have to put pressure on the towel," Jamie says.

"No worries. Thanks for helping me out."

"Don't mention it."

"Some lame party."

"I agree."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The two girls walk out to see Nancy going up the stairs after Steve.

"Nancy," Barb says, which stopped the girl from going up the stairs, "Where are you going?"

Nancy replies, "Nowhere. Just..upstairs. To change. I fell in the pool."

"Yeah, no shit," Jamie says under her breath.

Barb looks at Nancy and Nancy says, "Why don't you go home. I'll just...I'll get a ride or something."

"Nance.." Barb says.

"Barb," Nancy says while looking at Barb, "I'm fine."

"This isn't you."

Nancy repeats, "I'm fine. Just...go ahead and go home, okay?" She then went up the stairs leaving Barb and Jamie alone.

"Barb, forget it. Let's just go." Jamie says looking at the stairs.

"You go home. I'm going to wait for Nancy when she's...When she's done." Barb answers.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes. I'll be fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

Jamie was surprised by the tone Barb used, "Yeah, alright. See you tomorrow."

Jamie then left the Harrington house and drove home. When she got home she crawled into bed with a feeling that she made the wrong choice by leaving Barb.

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

*A/N*

Hey guys!! Who else hates Tommy, because I do. Anyways this was a long chapter and I hope you liked you! See you next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1K 39
#1 IN STRANGERTHINGS 15/4/24 in which the older henderson child cannot cope without the ...
39.3K 1.1K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
69.6K 1.6K 31
Max Mayfield x fem OC season 2 - ✅ season 3 - ✅ season 4 - ✅ season 5 -
12.3K 422 38
SLOW UPDATES Please vote and comment it lets me know if I should keep writing the story or not. Steve Harrington x Henderson!Reader This will star...