Starchild

By xantiieri

There was once a pact in the magical community - one that left uncountable repercussions, and only one of tho... More

Prologue: To Make a Deal With the Devil
An Asgardian Dramedy
Political Asylum
Interlude 1
Wizards of Bleecker Street
Books, Stones, and Cooking Odes
Yahweh, God of Israelites
Interlude 2
Rex Mortuus Est!
Magic; The Science of the Unknown
A Ring or Two
Interlude 3
Pater Noster, Qui es in Cœlis;
Three Men, One Wardrobe
The Taxi to New York
Another Fallen Angel
Mirrored
A Girl's First Exorcism
Interlude 4
Not Until the Third Day
Under Supervision
Django, Love at First Sight
One by One
Interlude 5
Resting, but Not for Long
The Wives of the Lord
Too Many Visitors
Interlude 6
Untouchable
Personal Magic Doctor
The Third Day
Soon to Be, Queen of Hell
Breathe
The Cousin Tingle
Interlude 7
Happy Lughnasadh!
To Make a Sacrifice
Epilogue
Sabrina, Sacred Saviour
Interlude 8
Consequences
Desperate Solutions
A Friendly Possession
The Devil's Hour
Looped
Looped
Looped
Looped
Double-Edged Sword
Interlude 9
The House of Hell
Home
Interlude 10
Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters

Epilogue: The Three Things a God Requires

55 2 0
By xantiieri

Even though Loki Laufeyson was not particularly a king of his word, and was biologically a giant, the citizens of Asgard trusted his rule. They believed in his questionable decisions and were sure of his potential as the god they called him.

Meanwhile Sabrina, not particularly a queen of Her word either, was not considered much of a god by Her demon peers.

So what makes a god?

I now believe the status of god can only be granted by others.

A man doesn't need power to become a deity, yet being one gives him power. Most importantly, the power (whether it's magical or just political) comes from the people that believe in the man out of necessity. And a god without believers is nothing but a being without a purpose.

To put it simply, having believers gives the god power he must use to perform miracles for them, if he wants to keep the cycle going.

So the man is not a god until the believer thinks he is.

Both Loki and Sabrina had believers.

Both Loki and Sabrina enjoyed a great amount of power because of their following. Their influence was strong and their magic mighty.

Did they use their power to help their believers?

Yes. Yes, they did. Though Loki worked for his kingdom and the few humans that believed in him, and Sabrina only worked for Her coven.

Therefore, they are only deities to those groups. Just like Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Ra, others, and their own believers.

Following the same logic, wouldn't that mean normal beings can be gods to other people, too?

Maybe.

Definitely.

Perhaps only I have this definition of the concept. It might be completely wrong. But as "god" is a status that isn't universally understood, it is the duty of each being to create their own meaning, just as they create their own gods.

What makes a man a god, if not ourselves?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1.9K 83
Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usually, you don't meet them when you're dyin...
988 36 12
What if you're a demon and Jackson is a wizard? What if in a cruel world where mother nature is dark and cold and life is so unfair to humankind, fat...
35.3K 1.6K 70
Imagine awakening with amnesia. Most would lose their mind and our Main Character is no different. Though he handles it better than most, his curiosi...
41.7K 2.9K 46
*BOOK 2 OF THE GODDESS OF WAR SAGA* Completed Two weeks. Token has no more than two weeks to find a cure or her new family will be destroyed all over...