It Began In Italy | ✔️

By moonlighttkisscs

One last trip with her family before she goes to University. Her intentions for this trip were to spend ever... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
EPILOGUE
Thank you :)

Chapter Sixteen

155 6 0
By moonlighttkisscs

Maria returned with these sunset looking drinks and refused to tell us the contents. Let's just say you could tell there was much more alcohol than mixer.

We danced to the music, swaying our hips and laughing. Nico's hands somehow found their way to my waist whilst he'd pressed against me. Maria raised her eyebrows suggestively and I came to the conclusion that she would get on very well with Vienna.

"I think I need to sit down," I say, out of breath, and moving away from Nico's touch. His hands slide down my arms, soothingly.

"I'll get you some water," Nico says before moving towards another stand.

Maria and I sit down at a table, the both of us having had too much to drink. "Those cocktails are lethal. A few sips and I feel like I can do anything," she laughs and I join her. "I'll tell you a secret... not even I know what are in the drinks." Maria immediately hushed me.

"Maria! You lied to us," I say in between drunken mumbles.

"You know what we should do? We should jump off the docks and into the sea. It'll sober us up a bit," she suggests. Over the course of the day we had gravitated further down the street. We tried an array of traditional foods and drinks, getting fuller and drunker with each step. Nico seems to have held his drink much better than Maria and I.

"Yes! That sounds like fun," I laugh and Maria grabs my hand, pulling me towards the docks.

It only takes a matter of seconds before we are at the edge, where the concrete meets the water. Kicking off our shoes, we stand looking down at the abyss. "Are you ready?" she asks and when I nod we count down from three.

"One... two... three!" we scream before jumping off of the edge. The water is freezing as it washes over me, surrounding me. I float there for a second, letting my drunken state enjoy the feeling of the ocean meeting my skin.

Eventually, I break for the surface, gasping for air. I splash Maria and she returns the gesture. However, Maria and I can't contain our laughter when there Nico stands on the dock, water bottle in hand and a glare settling on his features.

"You could have drowned," Nico professes, holding out his hand to help me get out. "You two have had more than enough to drink."

Nico helps me out of the water and runs a hand over his face before groaning. "What's wrong now?" I ask and he stares at my dress.

"There is no way you are going anywhere dressed like that," Nico says, voice stern. Furrowing my brows in confusion, I look down at my dress. My white dress that is now completely transparent. Maria lets out a howl and I can't help but join her. My black lacey underwear is more than visible.

I'm glad I chose somewhat appealing underwear today otherwise I would be rather humiliated right now.

"Damn girl!" Maria cheers me on and I laugh at the scowl etched into Nico's face. I grip the hem of my dress before peeling the wet material off of my skin. Maria whistles and I contemplate throwing her in.

"Very funny, Heidi, put it back on," Nico says and I give him a sweet smile. Never did I think I'd be standing in front of Nico, in only my underwear, ever again.

"I'm gonna let you deal with her," Maria sings before walking back to where we left our drinks.

"Make me," I say, the most childish thing known to mankind. I just love seeing the way Nico lets himself get so agitated by my goading. I laugh before moving around him and running down the dock, Nico's hand just about skimming my hip in a late attempt to halt me.

"Heidi, you won't get very far. You're drunk and manage to stumble every few steps," Nico says, his arms wrapping around my waist, stopping me.

"We should skinny dip," I say the first idea that comes to mind. Nico groans in what I am sure is frustration.

"I would love nothing more than to see every inch of your beautiful skin again but you are drunk and you need to go to bed. You're going to get ill, amore mio," Nico says and I huff. "If I let go, will you promise to not run off?"

I nod. "Yes," I yawn. Nico lets go of me, a cold chill running through me at losing the warmth of his body pressed against mine. He takes off his t-shirt before handing me it and picking up my dress off the floor, as well as my flip-flops. Putting on the shirt, I savour his warmth and scent.

"If you weren't so adamant on us being strictly platonic, we'd go back and I'd make you pay for this little scenario," Nico leans down and whispers in my ear. A shiver runs down my spine, spreading goosebumps across my body. "But we're just friends."

Moving onto the tips of my toes, I wrap my arms around his neck. "Or you could just take me back to the cove and have your way with me?" I suggest, my mouth moving without consent from my brain.

Nico's hands squeeze my hips. "I will not be taking advantage of you, rosa," he says before kissing the tip of my nose. I rest my forehead against his bare chest, feeling sleep coaxing me towards the dark. "I will not let that coglione take advantage of you either. You're coming back to mine."

I mumble in agreement and Nico drapes his arm over my shoulders, tucking me into his chest. "I loved the festival, it was really good. Thank you for sharing your culture with me," I mutter and I feel the shaking of Nico's chest, telling me that he was laughing.

"You are very welcome. I see that Maria has had a large influence on you and her strange drinks." I can't help the small laugh that escapes my lips as I close my eyes, finding salvation in the darkness. I'm beyond tired, as soon as my head hits that plush pillow I will be out like a light.

"Maria is the best," I admit and Nico rubs my shoulder.

"I'm offended," he rests his chin atop of my head. I wrap my arm around his waist and ignore everything screaming at me to stop, to create distance between the both of us.

When we finally get back to Nico's house, we attempt to be quiet as we walk up the stairs and towards Nico's bedroom. Although the creaky floorboards gave us away almost immediately. The lights flicker on and Mila stands at the top of the stairs, Nico and I pause.

We looked like an utter mess. Nico is topless, holding my wet clothes and I'm well... wearing only a t-shirt and my hair is damp.

"What are you doing? Do you know how late it is?" Mila whisper-shouts and I cringe. This is the worst time to be having a conversation with Nico's parents - of all people. "Hurry up and go to bed," she scolds us like little children and we quickly scurry into his room.

I make a b-line for Nico's bed, slumping onto my stomach. "On your side, Heidi," Nico moves me so that I'm laying on my side. Groaning, I lift one of my legs to get comfy. It's always the weirdest positions that are always comfiest. The mattress dips behind me as Nico shuffles and I savour any bit of warmth I can get.

Before I can take another breath, I'm fast asleep. In a sleep so deep that I'm sure even a global panic could not wake me. Nor the fireworks that sounded loudly throughout the night, casting the bedroom in wonderful colours of green and red.

The next morning I am woken by strong arms and a banging headache. Moaning, I open my eyes, shielding them from the sun. I bury my face between the pillows. A heavy presence can be felt upon my skin and I turn to see Nico's head laying on the small of my back, his arms wrapped around me. His face is mere inches from my arse and I feel myself cringe.

Turning over, I let Nico roll off of me and back onto the bed. "Heidi..." he trails off and against my better judgement, I run my fingers through his thick locks. Forcing myself to gain some self-composure, I pull away. "No, don't stop," he groans.

Oh well, just this once. I return to running my fingers through this hair as he rubs small circles on the inside of my thigh. The curtains sway in the breeze coming from the window, creating a scene that one could only find in the worn pages of a book.

"I need to go back... my mother is probably beyond angry at me," I say, my voice laced with sleep.

"I want you to stay, don't go back to him," Nico says and I'm sure he's implying more than me simply going back to the house that Ambrose is staying in.

"I wish we could stay like this forever," I mutter and Nico moves to place his head on my stomach, his leg moving between both of mine. Strictly platonic.

Sometimes I hate myself for the things I say.

"But you're leaving soon," Nico murmurs and I close my eyes, my fingers still sifting through the soft strands of hair.

"Soon. Not now," I confirm and Nico attempts to bury his face deeper into my stomach.

Nico and I spent the better part of the morning in bed, speaking mindlessly and living in our own little world. It was when we were interrupted by the ringing of my phone, far too many times, that I had to leave.

When I was home, I was greeted by several angry faces. "I went to the festival and then I went back to Nico's!" I shout for the millionth time.

"You have no business sleeping around with that boy! You have a decent man waiting for you... he made a mistake that can easily be forgiven. I just want to see you happy with the right person," my mother progresses and I grow angrier by the second.

"When did you think you could get so heavily involved with my life? When did you think it was okay to talk to my ex behind my back and arrange an ambush against me? It's fucked up!" I shout for the whole of Vernazza to hear.

"Don't you use that language with me!" she shouts as I storm towards the stairs with her hot on my heels.

"Michelle, I think it's time to leave her alone," Vienna speaks up with Terrone nodding beside her. I thank the lord for someone finally being on my side.

It's times like these that I appreciate Nico even more. When I'm with him there's no arguing, there's no pretending to be someone I'm not, and there's no manipulation and backstabbing.

"Sit down, darling," my father finally speaks on the matter.

"Ungrateful child," my mother huffs and my eyes burn with tears of fury. I've never felt angrier and more betrayed in my entire existence.

I spent the next few hours reliving that night and being reminded that the boy I have spent so long getting over, is next door to my room. Tears dropped until I was sure my body had become bone dry.

It was a long day indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 589 24
Journeys end when lovers meet...but what happens when two people that have already met a long time ago have their paths crossed again? Is it two stra...
Pitieous By

Romance

9 0 8
Summer, a timid and introverted third-year student, who loves adventure within the comforting embrace of her favorite books. She also loves surfing a...
3.7K 81 16
You have been dating Italy since your first day at Hetalia Academy where you started as a tiny unknown island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. It...
215 0 35
Anna Bella rested her arm on her luggage as she waited for a cab. There was literally not even a single cab and she was jet-lagged. "Yea, dude. I'll...