I Love You... In Every Univer...

By EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... More

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
26. Smile
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
60. That Day
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
65. The Door of Hope
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
75. Children of the Forest
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)

276 8 1
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

Levi, Hange, Pixis and Erwin were in a room, waiting for Zachary.

The titan spinal fluid injection that Kenny gave was placed on a table.

Then, Zachary arrived at the room and closed the door behind him.

"Sorry, I am late." Zachary said and walked towards his chair and sat down, fingers interwined. "Well? Have you figured out what's in that vial?"

"Well, unfortunately..." Hange said. "We don't have the technology necessary to analyse something like this. Just like Eren and Historia have said, it seems to be made from some kind of human bodily fluid." She looked down at the vial. "But because it evaporates on contact with the air, a detailed analysis is currently impossible. Whoever made it must have had technology far superior to ours. If the Reiss family made it, I can't imagine how they did it."

"Hmm... In that case, we should forego further testing and instead use it to further our objectives." Pixis said.

"Then who do we trust to hold on to it?" Zachary asked and looked at Erwin. "Would you take it, Erwin?"

"No." Erwin replied. "My days as a soilder are over. The box should be entrusted to one of our strongest soldiers with the best odds of survival." He looked at Levi. "Levi, could I ask you to take it?"

"If you're giving me an order, just say so." Levi said, looking at Erwin. "Why are you making it a question?"

Erwin looked down. "We can't predict what situations might call for the use of this vial. We'll have to trust in your ability to make decisions on the spot. That includes deciding when and on whom it should be used." He turned to Levi. "Can we leave that to you?"

"If this dream of yours comes true, what will you next?" Levi asked.

Erwin furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know. I'll find out when it happens."

"I see. Fine then." Levi said. "I'll do it." He closed the box.

Zachary lowered his head. "By the way, I'm hoping to present my artwork to the public sometime soon. What's your verdict on that?"

"You're still going on about that?" Pixis asked. "If the public saw that horror show of yours, it would destroy all the trust we've built up."

"I see you still have no eye for true art." Zachary said.
.
.

At Royal Capital, a meeting was held between Erwin, Hange, Levi and squad leaders Dirk, Klaus, Harold and Marlene.

Erwin placed a paper on the table. "In summary, Eren and Faye's father, Grisha Yeager, is likely to have come from the world outside the walls."

"Yes. Just like Annie, Reiner, and Bertolt, he possessed the power of the Titans." Hange said, looking down. She looked up. "But unlike them, he put his skills to use to help people within the walls."

"If he was really so interested in the Survey Corps, we could have used his help in other ways too." Klaus said, arms crossed.

"I am not so sure." Hange said. "He must have been searching the identity of the royal family from the moment he set foot here." She turned to Erwin. "No matter his reasons, that isn't a task a single person could undertake lightly. And this same person wished to show his ten-year-old children, especially to Eren, who admired the Survey Corps greatly, the basement of his house." She looked down with furrowed eyebrows. "Before he died, he claimed that the truth was hidden in that basement. What in the world do you think is down there?"

Erwin looked away, remembering his father. "Something that cannot be spoken of." He narrowed his eyes. "No, something Grisha Jaeger couldn't speak of even if he wanted to. Something the first King Reiss erased from our memories about the outside world." He looked down. "That's what I hope for.But we accomplish nothing through speculation." He looked up. "As of today, our preparations are complete. The operation to retake Wall Maria will commence in two days. What's really in the basement? All we need to do is go see for ourselves. Is that not the way of the Survey Corps!" All squad leaders smiled. "Let all your squads know."

"Understood. We will continue to act in secret." Klaus said.

"Think this is the right occasion to have meat for dinner?" Harold asked.

"Yes. We've gotta show those brats what grown men are capable of." Dirk said, standing up and walking towards the door. He turned to Hange. "What do we do about the information Commander Shadis is withholding?"

"Just forget about it." Hange replied, leaving. "We don't have time to drag it out of him."

"Wow, Hange. I can hardly believe you used to look up to him!" Marlene said with a chuckle.

"Shut up!" Hange said with embarassment.
.

Levi closed door on Hange's back by leaning on it.

"What is it, Levi?" Erwin asked.

"It may be too soon for this, but what do you plan to do after retaking Wall Maria?" Levi asked. "I assume defense would be the next priority, but then what?"

"We take our threats." Erwin replied. "Someone outside the walls seems to want us all to be eaten by Titans. I suppose the basement might tell us more about who exactly that someone is. But as I said earlier, further plans will come after we see the basement."

"I'm asking because there's a good chance you won't be around by then." Levi said with a dark expression. "You won't be able to move like you used to." Erwin looked down at his right shoulder. "Let Hange lead this mission. You'll only slow the group down. Stay here and let the good news come to you. We can tell the others I relentlessly talked you into it. Well, that's actually what I intend to do either way. What do you say?"

Erwin looked away, remembering his father. He narrowed his eyes. "No." Levi looked up. Erwin looked at him. "I dont care if I end up dead even act as bait. That's why the chain of commandis in place. When I die, Hange will take over. And another will come after her. You're right about this being a dangerous operation, but it's also the single most important step for humanity to take. That's why I have gone to such lengths. This is all part of the plans. If I stay behind, the odds of success will plummet."

"That's true." Levi said. "The operation might fail, but if it fails and you also die, think about what will happen. That's why you should use your head from the safety of that desk. That's the last thing the Titans would want and the best thing you could do for humanity."

"No, that's not it." Erwin said. "Our best bet is riding on the success of-"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Stop right there." Levi said, pointing at him with a frightened expression. "Next time I hear that excuse, I'm going to break both of your legs. I'll make sure it's a clean break that will heal up nice and easy, but you'll be sobbing in this room while the rest of us are retaking Wall Maria. And you'll dread using the toilet in the meantime."

Erwin looked away and let out a small chuckle. "That doesn't sound inconvenient. I can't deny that you're right." He looked down. "A wounded soldier should stay off the battlefield." He looked up at Levi. "However, I cannot allow myself to say in this room at the moment when the truth of this world is discontinued."

Levi was staring at him with mouth open.

"That's what's so important to you?" Levi asked and stepped forward a bit. "More important than your legs?"

"Yes." Erwin replied.

"More important than humanity's victory?" Levi asked with narrowed eyes.

"Yes." Erwin replied.

Levi looked down. "I see." He turned around and held the door handle then turned to Erwin. "Erwin... I'll trust your judgement." He turned around and left.

Erwin kept looking down.
.
.
.

At Royal Capital, a special dinner was held for the members of the Survey Corps.

"This is a special night for you all, but try not to let the whole city know, alright?" Harold said, looking at the scouts. "Act like soldiers and don't let things get out of hand!"
.

Connie and Sasha were staring at the meat loaf on their table.

"Huh? Meat?" Connie said in disbelief. "What? This is really meat?"

Sasha grabbed her head. "Am I dreaming?"
.

"Tomorrow we go to retake Wall Maria!" Harold said, holding a cup. He brought his cup upward. "So eat up!"

Everyone started cheering and started fighting for food.
.

"Wait!" An scout called out, panicking. "Calm down! We can all have an equal amount!"

"Hey! That big piece counts as two!" Another man yelled, looking over at his friend.

"The hell it does!" His friend yelled back.

"But you're terrible in the field! You're useless, so gimme your piece!" Another scout yelled.

"What was that?" The first scout called out.
.

Sasha was biting into a whole meat piece with a crazed look while Connie was holding her neck.

"Don't you start pulling that shit, potato girl!" Jean yelled. "What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

"Stop it, Sasha!" Connie said, on the verge of tears. "I don't want to have to kill you!

Jean grabbed and pulled away the meat piece from Sasha's mouth. "Like hell we're letting you eat the whole thing!"

Suddenly, Sasha bit Jean's palm, trying to eat. Jean dropped the piece on the floor.

"You're biting mol Those are my fingers!" Jean cried out.

"Sasha! That's Jean you're chewing on! Have you lost your mind!?" Connie yelled.

"Do the Survey Corps not usually get to eat meat?" Marlo asked after taking a bit. "Poor souls-"

Sasha interrupted him by throwing a punch at his face causing his nose to bleed.

"Connie, would you knock Sasha out already?" Mikasa asked, looking over at them.

"I am trying." Connie replied, still squeezing her neck. "She should be out already, but she's still moving!"

"Well, I guess only a titan can stop her at this point." Faye said after taking a bite.
.

"Hey, I think someone's gonna get hurt." Dirk said, looking over his shoulder, still chewing.

All other squad members except Levi were eating beside him.

"Whose brilliant idea was it to serve meat?" Klaus asked, chewing. "At least we've learned the consequences of blowing two months food budget in one night.
.
.

Eren finished tying up Sasha to a poll.

"That should do it." Eren said, standing up.

"She finally tired herself out." Connie said, putting his hands on his hips. "Can you believe she's the same person..." Eren looked at him. "Who once offered to share meat with the rest of us?"

"Huh? When was that?" Eren asked, turning to Sasha.

Connie looked at him. "Four months ago, when we were servicing the cannons."

Eren got into a trance.
.
.
.

"Umm, everyone?" Sasha said, grabbing The 4th canon maintenance squad members attention. "I brought some meat from the officers' storehouse!"

All her fellow soilders were surprised and shocked.

"Sasha! Do you want to end up in solitary confinement?!"

"You really are crazy!" Daz said.

"So much that it's scary." Connie said

"We can all share it later. All sliced up, and between some bread." Sasha said, drooling. She let out a guttural sound in delight.

"Go put it back!" Connie said.

"Yeah. After we lost all that land, meat's become really valuable." Thomas said.

"It'll be fine!" Sasha said and went to the wooden ice-box. "We can just raise more cattle and sheep once we retake our land."
.
.

Eren was looking over at the Throst City under him when blue lightning struck and the Collosal titan's face appeared behind him.
.
.

Eren swang up to slice the nape of the Collosal titan but it disappeared in the steam.
.
.
.

"Hey!" Connie called out, putting his hand on Eren's shoulder, breaking his trance.

"It's only been four months since then?" Eren asked.

"Only four months." Connie said, firmly. He smirked and removed his hand. "In other words, it only took us for months to get into Levi's squad. We sure climbed the ladder fast."

Eren smiled and patted Connie's head. "Only because you're such a genius."

Connie punched him playfully. "Damn straight I am. Let's eat before the food gets old."
.

Sasha gained her consciousness and groaned as her mouth was covered by a cloth.
.
.

"You're in the rear guard cause you are a recruit." Faye said, looking at Marlo. She turned to Jean. "Jean will be with the Levi squad as he had fought in the the battle of Throst."

"I know I am still weak." Marlo said. "But how can I learn anything if I'm stuck in the back?"

"What? You think that self-sacrifice shit makes you sound tough?" Jean asked.

"How can a team be effective if its members aren't prepared to make sacrifices?" Marlo asked.

"Well, we can't just throw all the recruits on the front line." Faye said. "You will learn eventually."

"And you can't always charge head fast like a suicidal idiot I know." Jean cockily said, looking at Eren who was taking a sip.

Eren glanced at him. "Well, if you are talking about me, you are not wrong." He looked down while Jean slightly gasped. "Sometimes, you have to head fast, Jean." He sighed. "Afterall, you are a recruit so you have more things to learn."

Jean gritted his teeth and went silent.
.
.

After a while, Levi entered the mess hall.

"Stop shouting like the Collosal titan breached Wall Sina." Levi said, silencing everyone. Everyone stood up. "Go to sleep." He looked at his left. "After you clean that up."

"Yes sir!" The scouts replied and started leaving.
.

Sasha groaned and shook her body watching everyone leaving.
.
.

"I expected you to fight with Jean today to be honest." Faye said, walking along with Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

"Well, I didn't have the energy to deal with him." Eren said, tiredly.

They sat on the stairs.

"Well, you have been dull lately, Eren." Armin said with concern.

Eren looked down. "Hmm... I'm glad we met the commandant. But, as for me... Whether I'm feeling dull or not, I'll still do what I have to do. Everyone has their hopes on me... on us." He looked up at the sky. "Who knows what lies in the basement." He looked down again and smiled a bit. "But, we cannot achieve anything if we don't work together and it makes us powerful. I'm sure the reason everybody is unique is because it's needed in times like these."

Armin looked down remembering how Mikasa, Eren and Faye used to save him from bullies.

"Yeah..." Armin replied. He smiled at looking at the night sky. "I think you are right."

All of them slightly gasped as a man who looked like Hannes was walking in a distance with another Garrison soilder.

The four of them looked down after the man left.

"Once we retake Wall Maria and defeat all our enemies out there... Will the lives we had before ever come back?" Mikasa asked, looking down.

"We'll bring them back." Eren said with confidence. "But something's are gone forever." He looked at the sky. "We just have to make them pay for that."

"Never thought our childhood would be turn out like this." Faye said, looking down. Eren, Mikasa and Armin looked at her. "I sometimes wonder... How it feels... To have a normal childhood... How it feels to not be someone special..." She sighed and smiled while the others looked down. "Anyways, since we are here, I hope we will get to go outside the walls one day."

"Yeah." Armin replied and looked ahead, smiling. "That's not all we can do." He looked down. "The ocean... It's a salt lake so big, merchants could never deplete it even if they spent their whole lives extracting salt." His friends smiled at his dream while he looked up at the sky. "There are so many ler things besides Titans out there. Fiery water, lands office, snowy deserts..." He turned to his friends. "I joined the Survey Corps so could see all that."

"Yeah. The ocean..." Faye said.

Armin suddenly stood up. "So let's go see the ocean! I know you guys don't believe it! But, you guys will see! I know it's real!"

Eren chuckled slightly. "All right then."

"Guess we'll have to go see the pond of salty water." Faye said and chuckled.

"That's ocean, Faye!" Armin said and chuckled a bit. "But, it's a promise that we will see the ocean one day. There is no taking back! I know we'll get the chance to see the outside world!"

"This is a conversation only the four of us could have." Mikasa said.
.

In a corner, Levi was sitting against the wall, eavesdropping their conversation.
.

"It's gotta be unimaginably big compared to the inside!" Armin said

"Okay! I know!" Eren said.

"Armin is so energetic today." Faye said and chuckled.
.
.

The sound of a log falling on the nape of a titan echoed through the place.
.

Some scouts were using the lift to go down the wall with their horses while Eren, Mikasa, Faye and Armin were standing on the wall with their horses.

"The sun is almost down." Eren said, looking over at the sunset. "It's finally time..."

"To return to our old home..." Faye said.
.

All Scout squad leaders were at the Royal Capital, standing before Pixis, Zachary and Nile and some MPs.

All of them saluted to Erwin and the squad leaders did the same.
.
.

Scouts were going up to the Wall in the lift while a large crowd gathered at the bottom.

Mikasa's parents were among them. They had a face of concern.
.

Hange and Levi were going up with a lift.
.

"Hey!" Flegel yelled, standing on a house, grabbing Hange's attention. Levi and Hange looked at him. "Hange-san! Good luck!"
.

"Flegel?" Hange said.
.

The civilians started cheering.

"Take back Wall Maria for us!" One civilian yelled.

"We're trusting you with the future of humanity!"

"Captain Levi! Thank you for saving our city!" Another man shouted.
.

All the scouts had gathered on the wall.
.

"All of you better come back in one piece!" Another civilian yelled.

"But make sure you get our land back!"
.

"Someone couldn't keep a secret." Levi said, looking down at them.

"Well, anyone would have figured it out after all that commotion." Hange said.

Harold turned to her. "But the meat we ordered was also from the Reeves Company..."

Dirk chuckled a bit. "Damn that Flegel."
.

"Yeah! We'll make you proud!" Sasha, Connie and Jean yelled, throwing up hands.
.

Klaus turned to Dirk. "When's the last time the Survey Corps got this big of a send-off?"

"I dunno. Has this ever happened before?" Dirk said.

"As far I am aware, this is first." Erwin said.

He gritted his teeth and threw his left arm up and shouted.
.

The civilians cheered loudly.
.

Erwin again shouted while Levi was looking at him, dumbfounded.
.

Faye, Armin, Eren and Mikasa were shocked.
.

Erwin brought his blade up. "The operation to retake Wall Maria begins now!"

The civilians cheered and the scouts got on the lifts and went to the other side of Throst Wall.
.
.

All the scouts were in their position.
.

"Advance!" Erwin ordered.

With that, all the soilders marched foreword, letting out battle cries.
.
.

On top of Wall Maria, Bertolt was standing beside a campfire while Reiner was sitting, covered in a blanket.

'When will these be over...?'

_____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 387 23
Eren has only been given two months to live. What does he choose to do with his time? ___________________________________________ ~ A modern Attack O...
657 25 11
Eren Yeager is given a second chance to relive his life. He can change the past and make better decisions and he has a brighter dream for everyone in...
2.8K 161 20
Levi and Eren are about to die and Levi reacts in a surprising way. A way that changes everything...a way that changes them. This Ereri/Riren fanfic...
1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa