Song For My Lady

By HayleeMikaelson

(Y/n) is the biggest superstar actress and singer, who has everything she ever wanted, and what others only d... More

Sick of This
Someday Soon is Today
Bucket List
What I Want Is?
What A Mess
Just Being Honest
Light Rain
All I Need To Know
Colorful
Play A Song
Chernobyl In My Head
One Need Only Ask
It's Okay?
Look At Me
I'm Not Here
A Wish A Heart Makes
Feeling All to Feeling Nothing
The Game
UnFriendly
Daddy's Girl
Suffocate
Told Me You Knew Me?
I Don't Really Mind 'Cause I Love You
I Found You
Space Ships and Dinosaurs
Please Give Me A Better Day
I choose You
Pretty Girl Who Cares The Most
Night of Tribulation (pt 1)
Night of Tribulation (Pt 2)
The Apathy and Urgency
Spoke The Cowards Phrase
She Wears Her Loneliness Just like A Crown
Tragedy Is Not The End
Back and Forth
I'm Really Not Okay
All figured it Out
Somebody Set The Truth On Fire
Let's Hurt Tonight
It's Like Knives To The Throat
What Should I Do?
Just Like We Were Kid
Let's Go Together
Song For My Lady
Stay Alive For Me

The Only Thing I Fear Is

1.1K 54 4
By HayleeMikaelson

"Alright, I think I remember where Niall lives" Y/n said putting on her jacket. Even her dad was getting ready to leave the bedroom clean before they left. Y/n never really understood why her dad had the urge to clean when he was nervous but she couldn't complain. She liked to work out or do something active when she would get all anxious. Maybe thats why she was pacing back and forth at the moment.

"Seems like it's pouring rain. I'll pull the car around so you wont have to be exposed to the rain and get more sick." Elijah said. He looked around her bedroom one more time, seeing the empty yet full space. He loved that y/n's master bedroom had 2 levels.

The first one was like its own living room area. With a huge tv and all of her game consoles on the side of it. Couches and other things around it. Bookshelves behind it, running along the entire back wall until it made space for the stairs which only had about 5 steps leading to the next level.

The second level where they were currently at had the king size bed, and of course the walk in bathroom and closet. But what he really loved most was the panorama window that took up the entire side of the room. You were able to see the beautiful L.A mountains covered in rain.

What caught his eye was the picture of young y/n. It was fairly large, and of black and white. This one was different then the one in the living room. This was a picture of the both of them, walking the red carpet to her very first event. He remembered that day fondly because y/n was the one to ask him to be her date. That was the first and Last time they walked the red carpet together. It hurt Elijah a bit, but understood.

"I thought you were going to get the car" Y/n said fixing the last button of her jacket. She looked at what her dad had been staring at, and smiled going to stand next to him.

"You know I wanted to invited you to more events... but mom-"

"I know bud. You dont have to explain to me" he said. "I was just thinking about something else"

"and what's that" she asked.

Eliaj looked at his daughter and back at the picture of when she was a child. A knot in his throat burned but tried to force his words out. He reached his hand placing it on the side of her head, gently rubbing his thumb along side it.

"Everything is going to be okay" he said. "And I'll be by your side until then. I wont leave you alone anymore." he smiled.

"Dad, I didn't tell you about my sickness so you could get all sentimental on me. I told you because... because I wanted you to know that everything i'm doing... I'll able to live a good rest of my life. Spend it that way I want. Be happy until then" y/n said. "Come on we cried about it a lot. Can we please go get hailee now. I really want you to meet her" y/n said pulling her dad towards the door.

She reached for the handle but noticed it didn't side open. She tried again and again but it wouldn't budge.

"Let me try. Maybe its stuck." Elijah said. He placed both hands on the handle and tried to slide it open but nothing. He used more strength feeling as though if he were to use more force it would break off. He looked at y/n who only shrugged. Taking off his coat he tossed it onto one of the couch and began to try and open it once more.

"It's locked from the outside" they heard an all too familiar voice say. Both Elijah and y/n's eyes went wide when they heard Isabelles voice from the other side.

Y/n pushed her dad away and started banging on the door harshly. Elijah pulled y/n back.

"Isabelle what is the meaning of this" Elijah calmly said. "Open the door"

"Sorry uncle, but aunt Caroline made a strict order that y/n is not to be out from this point on" Isabelle said hesitantly.

"How did they get into my house." Y/n said placing her hands all over her body in search of her phone. Surly she would of gotten a notification if someone even stepped foot on the outside gates. But she felt nothing. It wasnt until she remembered she had left her phone in the kitchen. Downstairs. 'Fuck' y/n mentally cursed.

"Isabelle" y/n shouted banging at the door once more.

"She said it'll be the end of your career if you cause any more trouble. I already made a tweet explaining the situation. You will not come out of that room until becky comes back from Miami. You two will be seen together and your little relationship with hailee will be buried"

"I'll bury you if you dont fucking open this door" Y/n shouted once more. "Open it!... OPEN IT BEFORE I KILL YOU!!" Once more y/n punched the wooden door but nothing. Not even a dent. Over and over, y/n used her fist, the side of her arm, she even kicked the door but nothing.

"Y/n/n please," Elijah grabbed her, trying to get his daughter to calm down.

"Hey! I can't open it even if you kill me. Your mom has the keys to your house. Only she can open the door. Look I may not agree with my aunt on many things but I have to be on her side this time! Just think how you got this house to begin with. Are you going to mess it all up over a woman?!"

"You better open it while I am still speaking nicely"

"Please get a hold of yourself, y/n" Both Isabelle and Elijah said in unison.

"ISABELLE" she scream. "OPEN IT!"

"I cant"

"Please open it." Y/n cried out. "Please Isabelle" y/n fall onto the floor.

"Y/n, you can't break the door open. Not in your condition" Elijah held y/n tightly scared that if he let her go she would go into a rampage, and hurt herself in the process. Clearly y/n was determined but there was only so much she could do.

"Dad I have to get hailee. If she's with Niall then she isn't safe." Y/n whimpered into her dads chest.

She knew Niall like the back of her hand, the type of person he was. The one who got everything he wanted, even by using force. If he wanted hailee it was only for one reason and that was to hurt y/n. Of course she knew he didn't want her for any other reason. If y/n lost interest then Niall would too. All he wanted was to hurt y/n, because of his stupid ego. Mad that y/n, someone who worked hard to get where she is rejected his proposal to work with him.

It wasn't like she had a choice in the first place. They were both 16, and now as adults Niall thinks he could ruin everything she ever loved. Y/n wasn't sure about it at first. She wanted to believe it wasn't true, especially when she ran into him at school and then at her house. But now it was clear as day.

Her mom doing everything she could to make sure her career stayed afloat and then there was Niall who wanted it to go down the drain. Two people making her life a living hell.

There was no denying it now. This was her hell. Not being able to get to hailee. Niall possibly hurting her to get to y/n, or worse.

Y/n clung to her dad. "Dad, I'll do anything. " She cried. "I'll take my medicine, I'll get treatment, anything you say... just please... I have to go." she cried.

Elijah picked y/n up, carrying her in his arm. He sat her down on one of the couches and began walking around the room. He looked outside seeing the many bodyguards. Y/n turned on the tv going into all of the security cameras around the house. Everywhere she looked there were guards.

"Okay you stay there, im going to see if I can break your door down" Elijah said. He walked towards the door and began pounding on it. One hit, two hits, three hits but even Elijah knew the door was too strong. But when he turned towards y/n seeing the sadness in his only daughters face he began to pound on the door harder.

Finally after what felt like forever Elijah stopped. He saw the few cracks he had made but nothing to indicate it was ready to be torn down. He felt wetness in his knuckles and knew he was bleeding, but he didn't care.

Y/n handed him a water and saw how tired her dad was.

"What the hell is that door made out off" Elijah panted out. Y/n took her dads hand and began to clean it. Elijah groaned a bit when y/n put alcohol on it, but stayed still when she started to wrap it.

"I dont know" y/n said softly. She sat on the floor and leaned into her dad. She grabbed her head and curled into a ball. Elijah hugged her, hating seeing her daughter in pain.

"Y/n"

"It's okay" she said. "The pain will go away. it always does"

"These bastards. A child is in such poor health and they're confiding her?" Elijah scoffed. "What are they even doing?" he said. "I'll go get your medicine."

"I can't leave this room" Y/n said with a shaky breath. "But you can. You have to go get Hailee. Help me. She isn't safe. Not with Niall and with mom running around." she said in a panic.

Elija kissed y/n head before picking her back up and taking her to her bed. He laid her down giving her the medication and water from her mini fridge. Y/n was quick to take it. Kneel down, he tucked a few pieces of loose hair behind her ear. "I promise I'll get your little girlfriend, but don't forget the promise you made me."

Y/n didn't have enough strength to speak. Her eyes slowly closed, finally letting sleep consumer her.

"You better wake up to greet hailee when we get back" Elijah mumbled. Y/n only let out a soft hmm which made Elijah release a breath he didnt know he was holding. He kissed her head once more and walked towards the door giving it one last good punch. Still no hole, but he knew he got the attention of everyone in the hall.

"Isabelle!" he shouted. "I know you are outside. Let me out of here now!"

"I-I I cant do that uncle, aunt Caroline gave me orders not to let y/n out"

"Y/n isn't going anywhere. It's me who you are letting out"

"But I--"

"Isabelle Brianna Cortez if you don't open this door... because you are my dear niece conflict between us will not end well for you at all." Elijah shouted giving the door one last hit, this time a piece of wood fell from the door. He waited for a few seconds hearing the sound of the door unlocking. He slid it open harshly seeing Isabelle along with 3 bodyguards waiting just outside. He scoffed, knowing Isabelle was lying about Caroline having the key to the room. It was Isabelle after all who locked them in.

"Uncle" Isabelle said nervously.

"Where is Caroline" he said in a low tone.

"I don't know. I can leave her a message if you'd like."

"Perhaps that might be a good option." Elijah said turning his head back towards the bedroom. He didn't hear a sound, happy his daughter was still sleeping. "I'd speak to her myself but I fear the conversation might become a little unpleasant."

"We still can't let y/n leave. These guys will make sure you leave the home. Sorry uncle"

"Thats okay, I told my daughter I'd do my very best to help her little girlfriend out. When I leave I will return with Hailee, and you all will be out of y/n's home. Stay and the situation becomes irrefutably awkward."

"But aunt Caroline said."

"Isabelle, I do hope you understand that anyone who Is willing to stand aside and allow my family to be threatened I would be forced to consider them an enemy. Im warning you Isabelle. Don't make this harder then it should"

Elijah looked at Isabelle once more before walking out of the halls. He went to the kitchen noticing y/ns phone on the counter. The security guards where looking around but their backs where turned to the man. He smirked slowly passing the counter and quickly grabbing the phone. A few guards moved out of his way allowing him to pass. Then when he was out of the house, he got into y/n's car and drove off.

"Alright Hailee, lets see where you are at." Elijah said going through his daughters phone after pulling into an empty McDonalds parking lot. But when he turned on the phone he couldn't help but smile. Who would of thought that y/n would be one of those who puts the picture of their significant others on their phone wallpaper.

"I don't know who's worse. Hailee for sleeping in class or y/n for taking a picture while her girlfriend was sleeping in class." Elijah chuckled. Curious he unlocked the phone and began going through her pictures. He only saw 2 pictures of the girl. The one from the Lock Screen and the other he remembered y/n sending him. He went back to the messages rereading it.

Y/n: Hey dad I'm about to do my
first concert at school really
wish you could be here.
But this is how it's going so far.
See that cute girl sitting down.
She chased me around the
school trying to get me to sing.
She even had me in a choke hold
pressing the microphone to my face.
It was the most fun I had getting
ready to preform in like ever.

Y/n: She is really beautiful,
and despite her aggressive side,
she is a very kind person.

Y/n: Hey dad can I tell you a secret.
I'm going to marry her.
She knows dont worry, I already told her.
But what she doesn't know is,
im going to make her the happiest
girl in the entire world.
And im going to love
her until my last breath.

Y/n: I have to go now.
I have to do one last sound check.
Hailee is glaring at me. I hope one day
You can meet her. I'm sure you'll love her
Just as much as I know I will.

Daddy Poppins: She's very beautiful bud.
You better make sure to treat her well. We can
Have dinner next week.

Elijah swallowed thickly, finally understanding what y/n meant when she said 'until her last breath'. At first he thought it was cute the way his daughter wanted to love someone for a very long time, and grow old with them. Something he had wished for once upon a time. But now he knew what she really meant. That she would love her for the remaining months she had left with her. Make her happy and overall love her until her last breath.

Elijah took a breath, hating the stupid burning knot in his throat. But for the first time he decided to let the tears fall. He didn't cry when his daughter explained her illness. He didn't cry when he hugged her tightly, or cry when he knew no matter what it won't change the outcome no matter how many doctors or treatments his daughter gets.

Elijah only cried a few times. Once when y/n was born. Another when his ex-wife got custody and packed y/n's schedule tight so she wouldn't spend time with him. The amount of time he took off work and other things so he could see his daughter. Elijah never told anyone about the number of jobs he lost because of it. And lastly when y/n won her very first award making a speech and thanking her dad. Elijah wasn't there but he watched from the tv at his house cheering her on and crying with her happy his little girl was happy.

But now. It was like his heart was getting ripped out all over again and there wasn't anything he could do. He closed his eyes, taking slow breaths letting out his emotions. After a few minutes he wipes his tears and cleared his throat.

Going back on y/n's phone he began to look for Hailee's contact. When he found it, his thumb hovered over the name for a moment.

"She still loves you Haiz. Please don't break her heart" he whispered to himself before pressing the call button then bringing the device to his ear.

Hailee walked around the night streets of L.A just wanting to get out of Nialls place. She didnt think that in a million years, Niall would get aggressive with her, the way he did. She wished she had gone with y/n when she had reached her hand toward her. Now she was stuck in the rain trying to find her way back to y/n's place. At least she hoped y/n would forgive her.

She took a breath, rubbing her hands on her arms trying to keep warm. She rushed out of the apartment so quickly that she had forgotten to grab a jacket. She felt like a big idiot.

Taking out her phone from her back pocket she knew she wasn't going to last long out in the cold, so she decided to call y/n. But as luck would have it, y/n was now calling her. Quickly she answered the call.

"Y/n, I was just about to call you. Listen... I know I was an ass the past couple of weeks, and I just want to say Im sorry. I really messed up. Can you forgive me" she said, trying to keep her teeth from chattering.

"Im sure, y/n would be more then happy to accept your apology, but she isn't here at the moment" a man answered. Hailee raised a brow, now a thousand thoughts popped into her head.

Niall left an hour ago and suddenly someone else had y/n's phone. Panic shot through her wondering if something happened to y/n.

"Who is this" she said, more demanding.

"You forgot my voice already, oh how you wound me. I know we haven't spoke in a while." he said happily.

"Papa Y/Ln long time. Where is y/n." she asked.

"She's at home. Something came up and she asked me to look for you and bring you back to her house." He said.

Hailee didn't know whether or not to believe him. But if he was telling the truth then she would finally get out of this freezing weather and finally be back with y/n. At least then she could apologize properly.

"So if you would be so kind as to provide me with your location, we can get you home quicker" Elijah said, causing hailee to snap back into reality.

"Oh, im here in North Hollywood." hailee said giving the man the street name. She even went as fair as sending her location, hoping he could get there faster.

"Good, ill be there in 20 minutes." He told her. Elijah took a breath then cleared his throats. "Hailee would you mind staying on the phone. I would very much like to know that you are okay until my arrival" he said kindly.

Hailee smiled a bit; just like y/n he was very caring. She liked that she wasn't so alone anymore. Even if she was on the line in awkward silence with her future father-in-law.

Hailee laughed at the idea.

She liked the mans voice. It was very prime and proper, elegant unlike y/n. But what she loved the most was the calmness and comfort he brought with him. It really did remind her of y/n. She was really longing for the older girl and it took her seeing Niall so aggressive to see it. She really was a selfish person. Hailee already knew, but what else was she suppose to do.

Niall was a friend she thought she trusted. Thought he would never hurt her. How wrong she was.

And even after fucking up with y/n so many times, y/n never once raised her voice at her. Never touched her the wrong way, or made her feel incompetent. If anything, y/n bottled everything up and made herself a punching bag for hailee to take a wack at.

And how does she repay back that kindness. By betraying her, and not believing in the words she spoke. Y/n loved her, she said it countless times, and as much as she wanted to believe. She still wanted to know why her of all people. How did y/n fall in love with her, and why was she willing to go so far for someone she just met a few weeks ago.

"Hailee are you there" The man said.

"Yea, sorry. Im just lost in thought at the moment" she responded. She sat down by a park bench, kicking her feet slightly. She watched as the water droplets dripped from her shoes and onto the puddle forming at her feet.

Hailee saw from the corner of her eye a flashing light. She turned her head seeing a car approach her. She quickly got up, thinking it was Elijah she walked towards it. The car was coming in fast and with the wet streets, hailee didn't think it would make a safe stop.

Centimeters.

It was only a few centimeters between both the car and hailee. Covering her eyes and placing her arms over her head, hailee was ready for the impact but luckily the car had stopped just in time. This was the second close call for her in one night.

Confused, hailee tilted her head seeing a lady come out, holding an umbrella.

"Im sorry" the lady said with a smile. "You're not hurt are you? Im really sorry. Im not usually a person who makes mistakes like these. It could've been really bad. If I had stepped on the breaks 0.1 second late... Gosh, I dont even want to think about it." the woman said.

Hailee didn't know what to say. She looked at the blond lady wondering what the hell was wrong with her. Even her apology was half ass, almost taunting. And she knew the lady knew too. Because the look she was getting from her was far from friendly.

"But now that you're here. Im glad I... ran into you. Let have a little chat, Ms. Hailee Steinfeld"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
215 25 17
Lily is a nobody or at least was. In her last year of school things drastically change, she gains the attention of an old friend, notorious Kai Wilso...
248 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...
36.4K 743 40
Y/n and her father were moving to Los Angeles. Which meant a new school for y/n. She didn't have a lot of friends at her old school. She was the lone...