Ender's Game 2

By halfofmeisinyou

Ender went out to find a planet suitable for the queen, the command center found out a few days after that. N... More

Ender's Game 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Halloween Special
Chapter 17

Chapter 10

497 18 3
By halfofmeisinyou

Between the Horizon

You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise Love is enough to get everything done. -Charlie chaplin.

Ender run to the entrance of the pond with the Formics, he step out of his shoes. "Go get the queen." The queen is floating at the pond while Afina is nowhere to be seen.

What are you going to do Ender? The Formics' voices echoed in his ears, low and high pitches of sound. Because their minds are connected, their questions are as one also. "I'm going to go get Afina." He take off his shirt and dive to the pond.

It wasn't hard to find Afina because the water is glowing, Afina is drifting in the water that made her look like a goddess swimming in clusters of stars. Her eyes are closed, Ender reach the curves of her waist and pulled her to him. Ender supported her body by pushing her to his, he can feel her heartbeat. Her eyes fluttered open, two gray eyes are looking at him. She didn't fight him or do anything at the particular, her eyes are sad that she looks like she's crying if it weren't for the water.

When they reach the surface, Afina swam away from Ender and crawled to land. She sat there away from the Formics, the Formics are holding the queen. Ender doesn't know much about Afina but it has something to do with her father, Feeble went to him when Afina reached the tribe. He was waiting for Afina at the entrance but unfortunately she used another way in. He walk to him feeling sorry even though he didn't do anything. "Afina."

"Why?" Her tears flowing down her cheeks. "Why did you save me?" She croak. "I almost killed the queen." Ender stared at her, long enough to really see her.

"Every sin can be paid. I'm still hunted of the memory of my past but as long as I know I'm doing the right thing I can feel happy."

Afina bit her lip and tried to restrain herself from crying but it turned into loud whispers. "I'm horrible, I'm a horrible person, I can't even smile."

Ender offered his hand. "You can always start over, I'll be with you along the away. Now can you take my hand without headbutting me like before, you almost knocked me out that time." Ender smiled.

Afina stare at Ender's eyes, she place her hand on his hand and he help her up. "Look at that you are already smiling."

Unknowingly she is. Afina took a step but her legs shook that she almost fell but Ender caught her, unfortunately Ender is too weak to move also. So Afina is on top of Ender. "Its the pond, it takes away a person's strength." Ender explained, he reach for his pocket and pull out a kinap berry. He chew it and sip the juice. Afina is shaking vigorously above him, he only has one kinap berry and its pain relieving is only temporary. He sat up supporting Afina's back, he took her legs and carried her.

If a boy says that carrying a girl same as height as him is very easy well that is a big fat lie. Sure Afina is not fat, she's actually very fit and a bit muscular but she is not light. Take her to the creek. Ender smiled at the Formics.

"I will." He walk off carrying Afina. Her hair smells like jasmine well it makes sense because her hair is sprouting white, small jasmine flowers. They reach the creek, Ender step in the water. The water reach Ender's waist. "Afina." She open her eyes.

"Hold your breath." Ender command. Afina nod her head and Ender dip her slowly in the water. The baby blue glitters are starting to wash off her skin. Ender carried her higher to get her out of the water. Afina squeeze his shoulder. "I think I can wash myself now." Afina asures. Ender carefully put her down and rinse himself. He was washing his hair which grew a little when he heard her sniff.

He looks at her, her back is on him. She looked up then looks at Ender, she forces a smile but a tear escaped her eye. What is a good way to hush a girl?, Ender thought to himself. A hug maybe? Valentine always hugs me when I feel down but it's inappropriate right now especially I'm shirtless. Ender goes with his second option, straight to the point questioning.

"Afina how did you get here? What is it about your father that you wanted to kill me?" I ask. She flinch a little then she did the breathing exercise. "Colonel Graff sent me, every month in the command school they choose a hunter to find-"

"Command school?" I interrupted. "They open a year ago when you- they- um." She bit her lip. "They know what I did?" I ask and she nod her head. She's not the first one they sent and she's not going to be the last one either. "The Formics abducted my dad well that's what I thought." She sniffed again. "I wanted to kill you because you where going to revive the colony of Formics but the queen showed me everything. My dad he willingly went with the Formics to stop the war but Mazer's ship it went-" She cough and more tears slip down.

"You are Barry Summer's daughter?" I ask. She stare at me. "How did you know my father's name? Did the Formics tell you?" She ask. "They praise him and he is the first person who got the gift of comunicate." I explain. "Gift of what?" She ask.

Hey Ender!

"Feeble." His nose twitch. "Moldy! Oh where did you go?" Afina grab Feeble and hug him. Lady! My name is not Moldy! Afina scratch his ear. Yup I'm Moldy and keep doing that.

"Feeble I need more kinap berries." I said. He stare at me then hop to the rock. Can't I stay for a little while?

"It's your choice." He hop back to Afina, Afina is starring at me. "You understand him?" She ask. "That is the gift of communication." I point out. She fell silent again, starring at the flowing water. "You are in a different world, nobody is stopping you to change. How about a new name? Pick one."

She look at me then her lips pointed upward. "Sabrine, I would like you to call me by my first name and its Sabrine." She explained. I clap my hand once. "Sabrine it is." She smiled a little but her smile turned into a frown. "You know Moldy, does that means that you sent him to watch me?" She ask. She's using a warning tone.

Watch you? That would be great if that is all he ask me to do but no, he ask me to babysit you.

"First of all his real name is Feeble and yes, I sent him to watch over you." I answered. She close her eyes and she started shaking in anger, her fist balled. I watch her every move because she might swing that fist on my jaw, I may not know her well but I'm fully aware that she can wrestle me even with one hand behind her back.

She inhaled, exhaled, inhaled, then exhaled. "I need to-" She didn't continue, she pick up a rock as big as Feeble and threw it with one hand. I whistled as I watch the rock disappear into the night sky. She has a very disturbing anger management.

I know that you are smart but don't make a mistake by making her mad because you'll be next in line to that rock.

"Noted." I answer Feeble. Sabrine sigh heavily, her eye lids flutter. "I'm sorry." She said sheepishly. I nod my head. "Let's go, you need a rest." I offer my hand to her, she smiled and willingly take it.

I don't get it, what is so nice with your hand? I will never understand you humans.

Feeble follow us as I guide Af- Sabrine. Sabrine pulled her hand lightly to the one I'm holding but we didn't let go. "What?" She's looking away. "Aren't you? I don't know, going to wear a shirt or something?" I look down. I forgot that I am not wearing any shirt. "I have some back home." I pull her again. She followed until we reach the tribe. The Formics stop and stare at us, I felt Sabrine stiffened.

The Formics bow down to Sabrine, I step back and bow down to her also. I look at Sabrine, she's biting her lip. She must be feeling awkward by this, I walk to her and smile at her. I nod at the Formics and they stand. I pull Sabrine and the Formics walk back making a trail. I pull her in my house, I pull my drawer and took two shirts.

I threw her the other one while I wore mine. She sat on my bed, she is looking around. "Nice place." The Formics are great builders I even have a life time supply of clothes. "Thanks, you will sleep here for the night."

"Where will you sleep?" She ask. I pointed at the door on the wall next to my shelf. "I have an extra room connected to this room." I answered. "Just make yourself feel at home, if you want to know the time and date the Formics made me a digital clock, dinner in 15 minutes." I fix my drawer. "I will ask Nid to sew clothes for you." She didn't answer. I look back, she's already asleep and she's hugging my shirt.

"Goodnight Sabrine."

***
Afina/Sabrine's POV

"Afina! Afina!" Mom? "Mom where are you? Mom!" I circled our house. "Afina! Help me!" I ran to the kitchen. "Mom I'm here!" I race upstairs but there is no trace of my mom.

"Afina!" Her voice sounded angry. "You are a disgrace!" The house shook, her voice is so loud. I covered my ears. "Can't even kill a bug?!" The windows shattered. "Please stop."

"You are not my daughter!"

"Stop!"

"Sabrine wake up!" I open my eyes and saw Ender's face up close. His face full of worry. Where? What? "You were having a nightmare."

"Was I that loud?" I ask. "No." He answered shortly,he is telling the truth. I have a feeling that he is keeping something. "Ender how did you know that I'm having a nightmare?" My tummy growled loudly that it ruined the intense moment. Ender stand up. "I'm going to get you something to eat then we'll talk, there is clock on the wall, I'll be back."

He is so captain material, he walks and talks like one. The way captains talk is like: Just shut up and listen, you are not allowed to complain or I will punish you and it will be ugly. I never liked talking that way, I'm just forced to do it when we are being watched by the council. The way I often talk is more like: Oh shut up! I'm not the king of the world so stop acting like I'm one or I will be angry, you don't want me angry especially if you like your bones working properly.

Ender entered, carrying a wooden bowl, plate, and mug. He place them on my lap. "Eat." He gave me the wooden utensils. I won't argue with that, I'm starving. The meat tastes so good and big. Its as big as my arm. Barbequed leg of something, mix vegetables that consist of whatever these are, brown rice, and a thick stew which I also don't know what is in it. "What meat is this?" I pointed at the barbequed leg. Ender is sitting on a chair facing me. "Frog leg."

"Frog leg?" I'm not a picky eater but I'm sure that a frog is not as big as a pig. "Frogs here grows as big as cows." Ender answered. I cleared my throat. "Okay I can't ignore the fact that you are answering questions that I did not say out loud. Can you read minds?" I was expecting him to laugh but he didn't, he shruged. "A bit, I think, I'm not sure." First time that heard him unsure of the answer. Lines appear on his forehead when he is not sure. He caught my gaze and a smile formed on his lips.

I look away and focus on my food. I put a spoonful of the unknown stew- "That's squirrel." I glared at him and swallow the stew inside my mouth. "Can you not read my mind? Its weird."

He nod his head. "Sorry, I'll try." Try? That's not good enough! "I can't help it, I thought you were talking to me because it comes to my head or ears like that." Hearing thoughts?. I raise my eyebrow at him. "Yes I can hear thoughts but not all the time." He answered.

"You just did it thrice smarty pants." I said to him. "My mouth didn't even open.".

"Sorry." He repeated. He sounds frustrated, I hope it isn't me he's frustrated about. Thankfully he didn't hear that because he did not react. "So you heard my thoughts that is why you knew I was having a nightmare?" I ask. He shrugs again. "You can say that." Oh goody.

I inhaled loudly, Ender can hear thoughts no big deal you just can't keep secrets to him or criticize him or- why does it smells like jasmine? "Your hair is growing jasmines." My jaw fell. "My hair?" I ask in disbelief. I untie my hair and let it fall to my side, there are white jasmines growing at the strands of my hair. "Holy cow." What is with this planet and my hair?! They love sabotaging my hair. I bit my last food. "I'm done, thank you for the food I think I'm going to continue my sleep." I'm too frustrated to do anything.

He pick up the plate, bowl, and mug. He push the door open. "Your hair suits you." He smiled and left me flabbergasted. Did he just say- I found myself laughing in a very small tone, I think this is what they call giggling. My daddy always tells me that I'm pretty and it makes me feel nice but with Ender he makes me feel giddy.

***
Ender's POV

I entered my room or Sabrine's room, she's still asleep. I put her newly sewed clothes and a pair of shoes on the end of her bed. The digital clock is blinking red stating that it's 7:30 pm on Earth and 5:00 am here. She shivers a little, I walk to the window and closed it. I walk to her and pulls the blanket under her chin. Deja vu kicks in, I tuck her in like this just yesterday when she irresponsibly slept in the open woods. Her eyelids flew open, she grab my wrist and kick my gut. Next thing I know is that she's pinning me on my/her bed and my stomach is stinging. Her hands are pushing my wrists beside my head.

I am surprised but it change to amusement, you should never mess with this girl. "Morning." I greeted. Her eyes grew big and her face is red. She let go of me and covered her mouth but she's still on top of me or I'm between her legs. "Breakfast is ready, I brought you your new clothes, go and change, I will need to get off of your bed if you're going to change so maybe you can move a little?" I ask politely. Her face grew redder which I didn't know that is possible. She move off of me and I sat on her bed. "I'll wait for you outside." I went out of the room and leaned on the wall.

I close my eyes and concentrate. "What was he doing?! God, that was so embarrassing! I hate myself." I know that I promised Sabrine that I'll try to get off of her head but I also promised the queen that I'll practice using this so maybe 1 thought at a time. Last night, I did try not to do it but it involuntary happened. The door opened and Sabrine peeked. She's wearing the new clothes that I brought her, a white T-shirt, black shorts, and a pair of black snickers. Her hair is flowing at her back in a messy way, the flowers is making her hair look like a goddess. "Do you have a hair brush? I look hagard."

"Top drawer, the one next to the bed." She nod her head. She came back, her hair is fixed. "I don't suppose that you have extra toiletries I can use because heaven knows that I still have morning breath."

I smiled at her, she always has her way with words. "They are already working on it."

"Okay." She step out of the door and the early sun hit her skin. She covers her eyes, I step infront of her to block the sun. "Shall we go?" I offered her my hand, a playful smile appeared on her lips. Offering hands just became something special for the both of us. I lead her to where we eat, its a cabin full of tables. "It's empty."

"They usually eat at 4 am in the morning, they go to the feild early." I look at her and she's pouting. "What?" I ask. "I didn't say anything." Oh, she was only thinking about it. "Sorry."

Hey Ender! Our deal is still on right?

I look back and see Feeble. "Yeah, join us." I answer.

Sweet! Feeble answered.

Sabrine saw Feeble, she scoop him up and hug him. "Hey you, you little bunny spy. You must be hungry." She rub her cheek to Feeble.

Too tight! Too tight! Bunny spy choking here!

I smile at them. Ender tell her to stop squeezing me! I'm going to be Feeble juice if you don't stop her! Feeble squeaked. "You'll be fine." I joked. "What?" Sabrine ask.

"Nothing, let's eat." She place her hand on mine and we ate breakfast together with Feeble munching anything he get his teeth into. "So." Sabrine stretched the 'o'. "The Formics works in the field?" She ask. she plays her thumbs. "Yes, they plant all sorts of crops."

She's starting a conversation, unfortunately I'm not good at having one. Maybe I can ask her about her friends? But she might get depress if she remembers them and that is the last thing I want to do. "Ender?"

"Sorry did you say something?" I ask. She bit her lip. "I asked if you work in the field too." She's looking at me with those assertive gray eyes. "No, I guard the Formics." I drink my juice.

"Guard them?" She ask. "Yes, they aren't the highest predators in the food chain." I answered. "No offense but they can protect themselves." She toyed with her bacon. "Their number is low, they can't think for themselves. Only the queen and few other Formics can, their minds are all connected to the queen. Right now they are all in it to farm and to create a sustainable home." I answered. She nod her head and went back to eating. I look at her and concentrate but nothing happened, I can't hear her thoughts.

"You can ask me anything and I'll try to answer them." I asure her. She stop and look away. "It's just funny, I used to joke with my friends that I'd rather die than to be stuck with you or I would never like you even though we are the last person on earth but now I'm clinging on to you like a life support." Bitterness coated her voice. "You were always there even though I threatened you... I mean cut you, several times. But you kept on looking after me I just figured it out. Moldy, he came right after you left, the furry blanket, I woke up in a cave even though I fell asleep in the forest, and the no show two headed snake, mysterious blanket, and me waking up in the cave. That was all you wasn't it?"

I don't like getting all the credit infact I don't like getting credits at all. "Feeble helped out alot of times." I point out.

That's right human! Feeble snorted. She bites her lip. "Can't you see Ender? I'm nothing but a consumer, I get all the benefits while you produce me with everything I need." I haven't thought of it that way. "You are like a really tall tree and I'm this aggresive little vine that is in need of sunlight so what I do is a crawl on to you and take some sunlight and kills you slowly by strangling you to death." I bowed my head a little to stop myself from laughing. I just got lectured about Consumerism with a story about a tree and a vine, adorable.

"Do you always make this healthy metaphors?" I ask half chuckling. "Well yes, they make good examples but that is not the point you- why are you laughing?" She ask, annoyed. I coughed and stop myself, she is being serious. "Ender I want to help. I'll do anything."

"You don't have to Sabrine." I answer her. "But I'm being a drag, I want to help you." She's being persistent.

"You, being here is enough for me." Her eyes grew big and her face is flushed. I realized what I just said.

Awkward. Feeble comment. I want to push him off the table but first thing's first. "That came out wrong, I wasn't trying to be romantic I was going for a friendly approach." I explain.

"Oh, oh, oh!" Those are three different toned 'oh's. "Of course! I know that!" She said as she fidget with her thumbs. "I totally know that! Friendly and all. So, the weather is nice." The weather? "Yes, the weather here is unpredictable. Storms comes without warning but sunny day are warm and nice. Winter days is very unpleasant, frostbites can be a menace." I glance at her and she's looking at her lap, she is still playing her thumb and she's bitting her lip in other words: she's not listening. "Mac and cheese shouldn't be over cook because the hot dog will burn, the patty will be soggy, the ribs will be raw so you have to be extra careful right Sabrine?" I grin at her. "Huh? What? Oh yes! Love the weather." She force a laugh. I can never be too amuse with her.

She stare at my face, I feel uneasy with her heavy stare. "How..." She stop to scan my face. "Old are you?" She ask. "17? I think?" I answer. "That's not right you are supposed to be only 11 or 12. Only 2 years passed not 6."

I shrug. "I've been trying to figure it out too, I don't know how but I'm 6 years older than I should be." I have a theory, the blackhole that sucked us and sent us here has a time gap. "How old do you think you are?" I ask her. "13." She answered. She is definitely not 13 years old. "You don't look 13."

"Do I look 20? Do I look that old?" She ask worriedly. "No, when is the last time you look at the mirror?" I ask. "I look at myself at my canteen but I can't see myself clearly." She answered. "You look younger than me but older than 13 maybe you are 15." Her jaw dropped.

"15? Why do you get to be 17 and hot and I get to be 15 and not?" She complains. "I don't know, blame the blackhole?" I suggest. "I hate you blackhole! You sexist prick!" She yelled while looking up. I smile at her. "You think I'm hot?" I ask, I really like playing with her.

"That is not what I mean and you know it! What I was trying to say is that you look more built and athletic." She explains. I slowly nod making sure that I annoy her. "I'm telling the truth!" She half yelled.

Ender, you know better than to make her mad. Feeble warned.

"But you think I'm hot." I point out again. "Ugh! You are as annoying as Bonzo the ass." She covered her face. Bonzo? "Bonzo? He's okay?" I ask. "Yes, the ass is moving and healthy. He has this scar on the left side of his head though." She explain as she twirls her fork and roll her eyes.

"I'm guessing that you aren't friends." I said with a tone of manner of fact. "We are more than friends, we are enemies." Her expression is replaced with anger. "What happened?" I ask. "Colonel Graff place me in Salamander Stealth, Bonzo and I are always getting tied in first..." She continue talking, she told me about the different teams, how she got place in Dragon Team, Mazer became her tutor, and how she kicked Bonzo on the sensitive part. She sounds like me when I got to command school.  "Ender?"

"I'm listening." I smiled at her. She looks away. "Do you miss them?" She asks. I suck a breath, not my favorite topic but I told her that I'll answer anything she asks. "Yes especially-"

"Your sister." She finish for me. "We know that you are very close to your sister, don't worry they never told us who she is or what she looks like. Her identity is classified." That's a relief, I don't want them going after Valentine because of me, if they hurt Valentine I don't know what I'll do.

"But Peter Wiggin is not." She continue. "Peter Wiggin, age:19, he has mental illness." She waited for me to say something. "They told us that maybe you too are…" She stop.

"Psychotic?" I ask. She bit her lip and nod. "What do you think?" I ask her. She smiled. "I think you're crazy awesome." She answered. Sabrine and her words. We finished our breakfast, I stand up and dumped our plates in the sink. "So what do you want to do?" I ask her.

"Aren't you suppose to guard the Formics?" She ask. "Feeble can stay and alert me if anything happens." I stated.

Say what?! First the human girl now the Formics?! Are you serious? Feeble complains. "Fine! The Formics can alert me." Feeble glares at me and I glare back. Sabrine walk between us. "Boys, you two are giving each other a hard time."

She scoop up Feeble and face me. "How about a tour on this planet?" She asks. "I have the perfect transportation." I said. I took her hand and guide her out. I whistled, Oracies I need you.

I see her flying in the sky, she landed infront of me. She rub her head to me. "It's nice to see you too good friend."

Her eyes drifted to Sabrine. She's here. Oracies notice. "She's not going to hurt us." I face Sabrine and offered my hand to her. She's staring at Oracies with admiration, she put her hand to mine while the other is still hugging Feeble. I pull her and place her hand on Oracies forehead. "He's beautiful." She whispered. "She, actually." I told her. She smiled. "Well hello there sister." She trace circles on Oracies' head. Oracies giggled, she finds it relaxing. A sun tattoo glowed on Oracies' forehead, I never saw that before. After a second the tattoo faded back into her skin.

"We are going on a tour Oracies, how about a lift?" I ask. Just a lift? I'll give you two a ride! Hop on!

I climb on to Oracies while I pull Sabrine up. She is still bringing Feeble. I'm not good with heights. Feeble back up to Sabrine's chest. "Just hold on to Sabrine." I said to Feeble. "What is it?" Sabrine ask.

"Just hold Feeble tight- I mean Moldy." I turn around to face her. She can't hold on to me with only one hand the wind will push her off. I jump down. "Where are you going?" Sabrine ask, a little startled. I flung my leg on Oracies and sit behind Sabrine. "What are you-"

"Calm down and move a little to the front." She moves. I slide my hand beside her waist and reach for Oracies' tendrils that appears on the side of her ears. I felt Sabrine stiffened. Oracies' place her tendrils on my palms. "Let's go." Oracies run and open her wings, she jump up making Sabrine's back lean on my chest as she was pushed by the wind. Oracies flew straight in the wind, Sabrine move away from me but her hair is hitting my face like a whip, it smells nice alright but I can't see a thing with her hair on my face. I should have thought this through. "Ah." Her hair hit my eye and it stings. "Ender? Are you okay?" She ask. I nod my head. "I'm fine." She gathered her hair to look at me. "Are you sure? Your left eye is bloodshot."

"Look ahead." She did. I move close to her and rest my chin on her shoulder. "Holy cow." She said. "Why?" I ask her. She look at me and she's a bit tense. "What? why?" She ask looking puzzled. "You just said 'holy cow'."

"I did? It must be the wind!" She bit her lip and avoided eye contact. The wind saying 'holy cow'? Now that's new. I look down and saw the Heaven falls bellow us. "Oracies down." Sabrine looks down. "Woah."

"Set us down right there." I pointed at the rock beside the first fall. Oracies landed on the rock. Sabrine and I hop down, Sabrine is looking at the view and puts down Feeble. I unstrap my turtle shell from Oracies' body. "Hey I think you would want this back." I threw the black stick to Sabrine. She caught it on air and it grew long and two blades came out of the end, the other end of the blade almost cut Feeble's snout.

What are you going to do Ender? Oracies ask. "Just a little waterfall slide." I answer. "Can you make sure that we don't tumble over?" I ask Oracies. Of course child. I'll stay close.

I walk to Sabrine carrying my turtle shell. Sabrine is starring at me. "We are going down the Heaven falls." I told her. Her eyes sparkled and she hop up and down. "That's crazy awesome!" She's smiling widely.

Nope! Nope! That is only pure craziness without the awesome. Ender will you stop killing her?! I remember you scolding me about her safety and now you... you do this?

"We'll be fine. Oracies will be watching us." I assure him. Just make sure that she still has her hand after this because-

Feeble is cut off by the sound of cloth being ripped. Feeble and I glance at Sabrine, her T-shirt is now a sleeveless shirt. She's looking away tying her hair with a white cloth that I suppose was the sleeve of her shirt. She scoop water from the current come wash her face. Her body shows that she works out alot, she's physically fit. I look away, I don't want her to think I'm scanning her when she's not looking. But you are, my subconscious answer. "Hey, are we going?" She ask. "Better lose your shoes, they take longer to make than shirts." Her mouth became the shape of an 'o'. She sat on the rock and work her shoes off. I sat on the dirt and take off my shoes and shirt. Barefooted I drop the shell on the dirt. "Get in."

She jumped on our make-shift boat. She jab her blade into the small space between the rocks. "Now you." I sit beside her. "Ready?" She ask. "You should be asking yourself that." She grins at me, her sweet smile is now replaced with an adventurous and wild smile. She pull her two way blade and the intense current push as making Sabrine fall on her back to me. My quick sense of guard caught her side but I caught her a little higher than I expected, I stop her from falling at the side of her breast. "Be careful."

She nod her head and move forward, she avoided eye contact. "Its going to get bumpy." I said as the huge rocks came to the view. "I got it." She pointed her blade but the other end is almost at my nose. "Do you have any other weapon that does not consist of blade sticking at both ends?" I ask. I use my pointing finger to push the blade away from my face. She looks at me but she does not look sorry about it, she's holding back a laugh.

She sit beside me and whisk her weapon and it turn into a sword. "We will need length." She turn it back into a two way blade. I can see a little separation at the center. "How about try twisting it." She twist it and the stick moved like a cap the shape of the blade changed, it's triangular. "A harpoon, a long harpoon."

Sabrine smile. "Will this baby do?" She ask. She's obviously happy with her new toy. "That'll do." I answer. She stand up. "Sabrine sit down." I commanded, we are almost near the huge rock. "I got it Captain Ender." She said and smiled. With the point of the harpoon facing down, she hop off our boat and landed smoothly on the rock probably 5ft away. Its like watching an action movie come to life. She run and hop at the rocks and she pushes our boat with the harpoon away from the rock. "Come on Sabrine!" I call out. She's looking a head. "I'll catch up!" She yelled and run. The one who should be catching up should be me. She's sprinting on land looking far, I follow her gaze and saw a bigger rock where the current is heading. She's not planning to jump on that is she? That looks like 7ft away from her and last time I check she's growing flowers and not wings. "Sabrine!" I am not sure that she can hear me or she choose not to listen. "Sabrine don't!" She jump off the edge, her arms stretched at her side and wind hit her brown and gold hair. My head is buzzing saying that I just brought her to the brink of her existence, I can't think straight. All I know in that moment is that I'm praying to 10 different gods that she lands safetly on the other side with no broken bones.  She landed or rolled at the other side and she's smilling like she just accomplished the impossible.

I breath out the heavy lump out of my throat. Dear Valentine, I know its wrong to tie a girl to a tree or even cage her in her room but if you will have to live with Afilina Sabrine you might die early of heart attack and worry. She push the boat away and this time she went back to the boat. Thank Gods!

"That was fun!" She giggled. I start coughing loudly. Sabrine pat my back, once I was done I'm looking at her like she just gone insane. "Once we get back I am going to lecture you all about the meaning of 'fun' and I can assure you that jumping on a 7ft. away rock is not part of it."

She cross her arms smiling. "So what we are doing isn't fun?" She ask. "No this is fun." I protest. "But it's as dangerous as rock jumping." She complains. "What you did isn't safe, Oracies is waiting for us down the fall so we can slide down safely." I emphasize on the word safely. "Now where is the fun in that?" She ask. She's getting annoyed and so am I. "That will be the part where we don't die." I snapped. "That is child's game!"

"Fine, Oracies go back to Feeble." I command. I saw Oracies a mile away flying to the sky. "His name is Moldy!" Now we're fighting about this? Great!. "What kind of name is Moldy?"

"A great one!" She snapped. "You got his name from blue cheeses and they stink." I answer back. "Blue cheese are expensive!"

"You named him after a fungus that grows on decaying organic matter."

"Well you- What's that?" She stop and look ahead. The loud noise that the water is doing from hitting the water below is deafening. "That would be the waterfall." I answered. "Why is the sound echoing?" She ask. "Cause the drop would atleast be 21ft."

"What?!" She raises her voice. "I said-" I was about to repeat but she stop me. "I know what you said! 21 feet?! Ender that can kill us." Now she's worried about dying? "Oracies will be there- Oh no! Ora-" Before I can call her the current ended there and the fall welcomed us.

***

Ender and Afina's first bickery contest! See you at the next update! Love you my inspiring readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 32.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
306K 17.5K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
401K 14.1K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...