Chapter 17

Floral Bay

We do have a lot in common. The same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different,...well, who knows? - Meowth, Pokemon.

***

"She's responding to the treatment greatly, her large and small intestine, stomach, and liver have healed but the cut is still fresh and there's a chance it will still open." The queen explained. "When will she wake up?" Talia asks. "That depends on her." She answered. "Thank you my queen." I said. She nods and went away. Ender entered the room. "How's Bean?" I ask.

"Fever and cold." Ender answered shortly. "Riley?" He asks. "Still recovering." I answer him. We heard a groan, we look back and saw Riley trying to sit up. "Explain to me why my tongue tastes like horse pee." She said in a raspy voice. "And why I feel like crap." She said and placed her hand on her stomach. "Riley!" Talia and I jumped on her and squeezed her tight. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" She said. We quickly let go. "Do you know who I am?" Talia asks. "I think? You are the girl with a loud mouth right? Is it Tarnie? Trina? I forgot." She said. I saw Riley crosses her fingers behind her.

"Afina! Riley forgot about me!!" Talia shook my shoulders. "It must be the side effect from Vex's enzyme that we injected to her for her to be able to heal! I knew we should have used a monkey to experiment before we shot it in her." Talia wailed.

"You WHAT?! You used me as an experiment?!" Riley yelled. "We were trying to save you." I answer. "What if I grow pincers on my back?!" Riley asks.

"You won't." Ender answer. "How sure are you that I won't?" Riley ask. "82%" He answered. "That's good enough, but can you tell me if my plan worked." She said with a smug look. "Idiot! You died!" I said and hit her head. "Ow!" She said and rubbed her head. "You should thank Bean for saving your life." I said to her.

"Uh… I knew it. I am dead because I remembered vaguely that it was ME who saved him." She said. Ender, Talia, and I exchanged looks. "I guess its an equal situation." Ender said.

"Riley?" Talia said. "Yeah?" Riley answered. "Bean jumped after Vex in the water to get Vex's enzyme to save you."

"What in the hell was he thinking?!" Riley ask. She swing her leg and grabbed the bed post. "Where are you going?!" Talia asks. "You have to stay in bed." I said. "No I don't!" She said and glares at us. Talia and I backed away. She walked, step by step until she reached the door.  She went out the door leaving us starring at the door. "I'll go help her. " Talia said. "I'll go with--"

Ender grab my arm. "No, stay." he said. "Riley--"

"Will be fine with Talia." He said. He stared at me hard, he to talk to me. I look at Talia and nodded, she went out. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I just feel that you need to stay. Something is about to happen." Ender slipped his fingers in mine. "I've been meaning to ask this but." He looks away. "What?" I ask. "Well the Formics are going to enlarge the house, a home with pet room, bigger living room, more bed rooms and I just want to ask if you'd like... if you'd want to move to my room?" He asks, his cheeks turning red. "I thought you'd never ask." I stand on my toes and kissed his cheeks. He hugged me and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

***
Riley

I stormed in Ender's room and kicked the door open, Bean is on the bed, sleeping. A white cloth on his head. I pulled his shirt and shook him. "WAKE UP!" I yelled. His eyes flew open. "Riley? You're alive!" He pulled me into a hug, heat radiated out of his skin, he is burning hot. I have to snap out of it. I pushed him away. "What were you thinking?!" I yelled. "You could have froze with the freak in the pond! I saved you because I want you to live." I yelled.