Chapter 2

The Reverie

I know that they are worked up about this but this is just too much. I pulled the latex suit up to my waist and wore my black boots. "You're going huh?" Talia ask in a very non-respectful way. Just the way I like it. "Complaining is something we can't really do."

I look around my quarter, I'm gonna miss this room. "Hey." I faced Talia and she just jumped on me. She hugged me tightly. "Come back okay?"

"I will." I answered shortly. "Here, I want to give you this." She hand me her long stick. "Uh...Thanks?" I answered. "You don't know what it is don't you?"

I shook my head lightly. "It's an all way weapon. My father gave it to me. Whisk it and it will change."

I whisk it and two blades came out of both ends. "You will learn how to use it further."

"Captain Afina." I turn around and face the General. I followed him without looking back at Talia. I clenched the weapon in my hand and I felt it change. I checked it and saw it as short as a pen.

-----

I stepped in the shuttle. Its cold, ice cold. I sat on the chair infront of the control ware. I'm going after Ender, the traitor who carried an alien with him. I pressed the buttons. I wore the headphones. "This is Afina P0101 taking off, permission to open the hatch."

"Afina P0101 permission granted." The voice from the other line said. I pushed the power lever, flicked the engine into light speed.

The light seemed to stretch out. I turn it off and went to auto pilot. I unbuckle myself from the seat and walk to the cryo. I pressed go. So this was it? I'll be sleeping for days until the shuttle wakes me up if it found the signal.

--------------
Day: 16

Silence is deafening. My messages can no longer be sent to the boot camp, no more messages from Talia or Riley. The alarm sounded, a signal is found 215 km away. I check out the location which brought me to a planet. There was no problem entering the planet's atmosphere which means it must be cold down there.

"Nebula R and D, this is your pilot Afina P0101 answer back immediately." I talked to the computer that is booting up. "I repeat Nebula R and D, this is your pilot Afina P0101 answer back immediately." A spectrum blue line appeared. "Good evening madame, I'm sorry for the inconvenience it seems I have some glitches." The robotic woman voice said.

"Give me my location and position. " I flick the back boosters and engaged the trusters. "Getting data... getting data... research complete. We are in the planet Nenogast, population: 0, made up of ice and water, oxygen level: 0, life:-"

"That will be all Nebula R and D." No one can live through this coldness. Ender is probably dead if he landed here. "Go forth the signal." The shuttle started moving to the planet's surface. "Lighting in 88%." The light grew brighter that the frozen land sparkled. A residue of metals made a track to a broken shuttle. "I need a closer look."

I pressed the button on my black latex suit. A selection appeared infront of me. I press the cold anti gravity suit. I can feel my suit changing, the black latex changed like chameleon skin. My suit turned clean white with skyblue lines, a glass oxygen mask, glass ear covers that are connected with Nebula R and D, fury animal skin around my neck, wrists, and boot edge.

"Be careful madame." I heard Nebula say. "Open the hatchet Nebula."

The hatchet swoosh open. Strong wind hit me but thanks to my suit I can't feel cold. I walk on the frozen frills of the frozen land with small crunches. I walk to the shuttle covered in snow. I press the flashlight on the palm of my glove. There are words written on the shuttle. "DX504, Nebula are you seeing this?" My eye gear made some calculation and blinking on the name. "Yes madame, DX504 is one of the battle shuttles used in space war."

"Thank you Nebula." I walk back to my shuttle. "Madame there are movements on the ground."

Movements? I flash my light on the ground and saw small spiders with 8 freaking legs. I stepped on it, with a crunch it died. "Nebula I thought the population is 0?!"

"I did madame, but the life is-is-is-is-is-madame-I-I-I-di-did-did-di." Crap. The glitches. Nebula turned off and load once again. "I'm sorry madame. There are more movements on the ground."

I flash my light to the darkness, but the darkness seemed to be walking nearer. "Shit!" I run to my shuttle. "Nebula! Turn on the engine! Run an analysis on those things!"

I kept running. "A test subject is needed." Nebula said. "Does it need to be alive?!" I ask.

"No madame."

"Perfect!" I pulled the weapon Talia gave me. I whisk it and two blades came out of the edge. I stop and turn around, I ran to them, I saw a huge lump of snow. I jump up and without gravity I somehow landed slowly, I struck an insect on its back and landed on the lump of snow. I jump backwards back to the clear snow and run to my shuttle. Barbecued in my blade is an 8 legged spider twitching. I place it inside a cylinder glass capsule. "Nebula?"

"Species: Unknown, nearest species: crab, skin covered in thick black shells."

"Thanks Nebula. Let's get out of here."

"Yes madame."

A day wasted, I stare at my new found pet.