Chapter 14

Love In A Bottle

Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life. -Swami Vivekananda.

***
Riley

"Alright! Plan rescue Afina is on going! We are on the go Team Pink Bulldogs go!" Talia cheered. Calvin, Bean, and I made an approving look between the three of us. "The 3 of us don't usually agree but we can all agree right now that we are not going to be called Pink Bulldogs." I sip my coffee. Talia pouted and glance at Bean.

"Even if Bean has a crush on you he doesn't like the name so don't use your charm on him." I said to Talia. Bean flush as he tried to ignore us by being a geek lord with his computer. "Bean doesn't have a crush on me besides I like someone else." Talia sat and gave a quick look at Calvin or should I say Private James. I must say he looks dashing in his brown leather jacket, white shirt, and jeans. He is not my type though. He knows that it was him that Talia mentioned because he choked on his coffee right after. He reach for a napkin and wipe his mouth and chin.

"Bean has a crush on you." I push the matter. Bean stayed quiet. "No he doesn't." Talia fought back. "Ask him then." I challenge. Talia gave him a puppy dog look while I glare at him. "I'm sorry but I have a girlfriend." Bean lied. The coughing between his words showed everything. "See, I told you." Talia smirk. I face Bean and glare at him again. "You big, fat, liar."

"Can we just finish this. I don't have time for your teenage crushes, torture, and in-denials." Calvin complain. "I'm sorry grandpa, I don't mean to hold you from your chess game with your other old friends." I annoy. He might be hot but he knows nothing about 'goofing off'. He clench his teeth and ignores me. "Riley." Talia scolded.

"What?" I ask innocently. "I need to speak with Taylor." Calvin said casually. He stare at Bean and I. Oh, he means alone. Fine. I pull Bean by his collar and went to the counter. "Where are you taking me?" Bean stutter. "Wrong question. You mean 'what would you like me to buy you?'" I push him to the glass case full of treats.

***
Talia

"I'm sorry about Riley, she's acting like a sourpuss. She's actually sweet." I explain. "No, this is not about her." He looks at me with those brown eyes. I nod my head and tuck some blonde locks behind my ear. "I know that you have a crush on me." He started.

Oh boy, I watched hundreths of chick-flick movies I know where this is going. This is like that famous cheap break-up line It's not you it's me, I think we need to see other people because we are just not meant to be. "Stop, just stop." I push my hands lightly and close my eyes. I look at him and he is waiting for me to speak. "There is an 80% chance that you will say 'But I can't give you what you want' or 'I don't feel the same way so I'm sorry'." He's eyes widen. "And if you are going to use those cheap internet sensational line on me I might just turn Riley on you." I said. He nod his head.

"I really am sorry Taylor but I like someone else and I've been courting her for 4 years now."

I think my jaw just fell and jealousy bubbled inside of me. 4 years?! What is wrong with that girl?! Such ungrateful person! Private James looks like a boy pulled out of a magazine cover. I fake squeaked, I'm good at convincing people and I'm on full boost now. I fake giggle. "That is so sweet!" I said. Inside I already slayed that woman. "You… are happy about it?" He ask looking confuse.

"Of course! I understand love more than anyone! I watched countless romance movies. 4 years? Wow! I will grant you boyfriend of the year. So who's this lucky girl?" I ask, acting all happy and interested. He hesitated but smile to himself, I almost frown. If only I could be the reason of that smile... Burnt cookies! That girl is freaking lucky.