Chapter 4

Drugged

His face changed, he looks scared. I don't know if its still me who's moving but I struck him through. His lips parted, his eyes wide open, he looks at me. His hands tried pushing the blade out but I push harder.

I gritted my teeth and let go of it. He won't live. I look at my bloody hands and wiped them on my clothes, I look at Ender... my neck hair froze.

It's not Ender.

My heart shattered and tears started swelling. It's my father who I killed! His knees fell on the ground, his mouth gagging out blood. "Dad! Dad!" The blade fell on the dirt that is now as long as a pen. I ran my fingers through my hair, what have I done?!

I feel like vomiting, my head is aching, my world is spinning, I killed my father! I can already imagine the looks of my mother when she found out that I killed my father.

The Ender stepped out behind him and grew a pair of locust wings. "We are not so different after all Afina."

No! No! No!

"NO!" I sat up. The cold stung my palms. My eyes are blurry but it got clearer. "Madame you are finally awake." Nebula said. My body feels weak. I'm on the floor of my shuttle.

I place my hand on my forehead. Ugh. "How long was I out?" I ask. "3 weeks madame." 3 weeks?! "Nebula I need my food palettes." I use the walls to support my trembling knees.

The drawer opened with ten food palettes and water. My food looks like dog's food, I didn't even crunch it between my teeth like I used to I just sip it and let the bacon taste explode in my mouth.

"Madame, I called sergeant Dap 43 hours ago. He is now calling back." Nebula said. "Well answer it quickly!" I sat infront of the screen. Sergeant Dap's face appeared. "Summers, I'm glad you're awake." I almost saw him smile but two pair of hands took the camera. "Afina! We were so worried when your shuttle messaged the base! We thought you were dead!" Talia exclaimed with so much emotion. She even wiped some invisible tears from her eyes. Then the camera got jumbled again. I heard Talia complain then I saw Riley's face up close. "Hey Afina! How's the galaxy?" She asks, Riley is a girl-ish. She's a tomboy and she's super nice. She likes to stay positive at all times.

"It has alot of space." I answered. Then they burst out laughing. "Haha! Anyway, Afina you look horrible." With a matching grimace on her cheeky face. "Wow, way to greet your friend whom you did not see for a month." I said sarcastically.

"Everyone misses you, even the other teams. Bonzo is a complete ass." Riley said. "Anyway any sign of Ender?" Talia ask.

I shook my head. "Hey you'll find him for sure." I know that they are just trying to cheer me up so I smiled at them and tried to sound positive. "Girls I need to talk to Afina now." Sergeant Dap said, Talia and Riley frowned. They gave me an assuring nod and left. "Sir." I stand up straight.

"We found that the further you go the harder that the signal can be sent." It feels like someone buried me to the ground. She wants to complain, she wants to say more like: Why do I have to be alone? She feels so desperate that it's fine with her if they sent Bonzo with her just to keep her from getting crazy.

"Summers, people makes mistakes." He looks so serious. This seriousness is far different when sergeant Dap is commanding them, this seriousness is full of fear. Afina does not know how she see so much emotion through someone's eyes but she has it. She wanted to ask sergeant Dap what he means but the connection got lost.

"Madame the server is lost." Nebula said. "It's alright and thank you for contacting them while I was… out, you've been a great help."

Nebula did not answer. "Sorry for the delay of answer madame but I was not program to be able to recieve compliments, my system is not ready for an answer." Nebula answered.

"A simple thanks is enough."

"Thank you madame." Nebula said.

Nope, Nebula is so much better than Bonzo as company. Afina said to herself.

-------------Day 68

I don't know what happened but it just did! I can't contact anyone, the whole shuttle is blinking red and making those annoying buzz.

"Nebula! Boosters in full power!" I switched the emergency boosters trying to get away from whatever is sucking us. "It is already in full power madame." She answered. I'm freaking panicking! "Madame…the…the…mad…mada…the."

Nebula! Argh! Why now?! Then I found out what she's saying. I feel lighter, I'm floating from my chair.

The colors bent from outside. I feel so scared. What's going on?!

----------->