Obsession Starts with a V

By GypsyWhite

David looked away as he went over something in his mind. When he turned back his eyes had gone back to an icy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Untitled Part 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
EPILOGUE: THE WEDDING
10 Years Later

Chapter 21

123 4 4
By GypsyWhite

I wrote this story forever ago (like more than 10 years ago) and it makes me so happy to see that people still enjoy it and still know what The Lost Boys is! Thank you so much to everyone who is reading/voting/adding it to their libraries. I see each and every one of you and appreciate you so much!

 ● Ɲσω Ɓαcк тσ тнє Sтσяу ● 

Night of the 4th of July

No one was successful at getting Michael out of the house. David had even ventured down there against Max's wishes, but the only result was a pillow thrown at his head.

Night had fallen and everyone except Paul and David were in the park setting up blankets and food for the fireworks show. Laddie was off playing on a swing set with Dwayne never too far away. Sam and Veronica were picking on each other, running around the park throwing twigs and other small objects. Lucy called to them before they hurt themselves.

"Aw come on mom, we were just playing around." Sam whined at his mother's request.

"I don't care. Quit throwing things. Max? Is Maria going to join us? I need to know if I need to set out another plate."

"Yeah," Max responded while unfolding another blanket. "We're going to need two extra plates, actually. David is bringing his new girlfriend, too."

Veronica froze in her place when she overheard the news. She felt as if her world had stopped turning.

"Since when did David have a girlfriend?" Veronica whispered to herself, her voice raspy with hurt and confusion.

Sam looked at her with annoyance crossing his features. "That's news to me. She probably won't last very long, if you know what I'm hinting at." Sam used two fingers to stab his neck.

"Well good, she probably deserves to have all of her blood sucked from her veins." Veronica pouted.

"Whoa, this is a new side to you that I've never seen before."

"She doesn't deserve him."

"Aw, is someone jealous? You know you don't have a chance with him, right?"

"Sounds like you're the jealous one. Are you jealous that I like a vampire better than you?"

"Shush! Would you keep quiet about knowing? I wasn't supposed to ever tell you."

"David almost told me last night, but the others wouldn't let him."

Veronica looked to the parking lot as soon as the sound of motorcycles hit her ears. Paul and David were parking their bikes with two long haired women on the backs.

"I wonder if David would take me for a ride?" Veronica asked.

"I'm pretty sure he's a little busy." Sam eyed the new girl sitting behind David. She was not giving off a special vibe like Star did, so he knew he wouldn't be seeing her as a vampire. As for her looks, well she did not get hit with the ugly stick. Her wave of blonde hair looked perfect even after the motorcycle ride and her low cut top revealed a pink bra that made Sam fantasize about what they were holding.

"Why do they always get the pretty ones?" He murmured to himself.

"Hey Maxie!" Maria called as she hopped off behind Paul.

"Isn't Max her boss?" Veronica whispered to Sam.

"Yeah, but she never acts like it."

Paul slide off his bike and put his arm around Maria. They strolled over to the blankets and joined Marko and Dwayne. Paul plopped down and pulled Maria into his lap to nuzzle into her halo of hair.

"Keep it PG, please." Max sighed. "I would like to enjoy my night."

"I'm sorry, but she's just so fluffy!" Paul's muffled comment made everyone roll their eyes.

"Why are you into weird guys?" David asked Maria as he helped his new flame off his bike. The new girl giggled at his touch and intertwined her hand with his. He didn't seem to notice as he dragged her along.

"Because the weirdos tend to be pretty." Maria answered and blew a piece of Paul's hair off of her face.

Veronica tried to sneakily study David's new beau, but her heart stopped when she realized how pretty and womanly the girl was. She knew she could never compare.

"She's just a blonde bimbo!" Veronica grumbled.

Unfortunately for her, David had heard her little comment and looked down at the frustrated girl with an icy star that had a glint of humor in it. "Mighty strong words coming from a shrimp like you."

That did nothing to help Veronica's self-esteem and her face turned bright red.

David introduced his new girlfriend as "Harley" and she waved to everyone before patting Veronica on the head.

"Looks like you made a new friend." Sam attempted to hold back his laughter.

"I bet she was a snotty cheerleader in high school." Veronica said.

"A hot, snotty cheerleader." Sam responded as he continued to ogle Harley.

Veronica noticed, and snarled at him. "You're disgusting." She said before walking away to join Laddie on the swings. Sam was about to follow her, but one glare from Veronica was enough to keep him far far away.

"So Laddie, how's it going?" She asked as she matched Laddie's speed.

"Good."

"That's good. So, anything new happening?

"No."

"Okay."

They swung in awkward silence for a few minutes until Laddie stopped. He waited for her to slow down, then leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"I have a secret."

Veronica's curiosity peaked. "Yeah? What's that?"

"I have a friend that nobody knows about. She told me to keep it a secret."

"Ooh, who is it?"

"Ah!" Laddie shouted in her ear, then grew so excited he started bouncing up and down on the swing. "I forgot! I actually have two secrets! I'll tell you the other one, it's funnier!"

"Okay," Veronica winced. Her ear felt like it had exploded.

"Sometimes when I'm over at Max's house, I'll hear noises in the kitchen at night when all the adults are working. So, I went there one night with my pillow- in case I needed to attack whatever was there- and guess what I saw!"

"What?" Her interest came back when she remembered the mystery of all the missing food.

"You have to promise you won't tell anyone."

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

Laddie paused, debating about saying his secret. "Never mind!" He jumped off the swing and ran into Dwayne's lap, climbing onto his shoulders like he was a tree.

Veronica felt her eye twitch. She had been so close to solving the mystery, but Laddie punked out. Maybe she would have to sleep on the couch that night to find out who was raiding the kitchen.

"Hey brat! Do you want to miss the fireworks or what?" David called over to her.

Veronica smiled and joined them, sitting between David and Marko. It didn't take her long to notice Paul and Maria were missing.

David noticed her looking for them and leaned over. "You don't want to know where they are."

Harley didn't like David not paying attention to her, so she grabbed him by his shirt collar and planted a kiss on his lips. Veronica scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"What's the matter, Little V? Never been kissed before?" David laughed at her expression, causing her face to turn an even brighter red than before. David went back to Harley as she demanded more kisses from him.

Veronica got up and made her way over to where Sam was piling up food onto two plates. He finished topping off his mountain of food and nodded his head, indicating that she should follow him. Veronica didn't question and walked with him over to a park bench that was just out of sight of their group.

"Here," he handed her a plate. "You can see the fireworks even better right there. Me and Michael found that out last year."

"Thanks." She smiled at him and they sat down shoulder-to-shoulder. A loud boom signaled the start of the show. They both looked up just in time to see bright greens, blue, reds, and purples shine in the night sky and reflect off their mesmerized faces. 

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 140 19
Voldemort escaped the underworld. The two worlds, who only briefly knew of each others existence, then merge, to drive Voldemort into Tartarus, a p...
194K 4.8K 97
Jiang You has been struggling in the apocalypse for 20 years. She has mastered all kinds of martial arts with swords, guns and sticks, and her moves...
701K 25.6K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...