where I should've been (EDITI...

By 6ixtsix

UNDER MASSIVE RECONSTRUCTION BECAUSE THIS BOOK BADLY NEEDS IT Promised a total turn around in her life.vaness... More

authors note
chapter 1**
chapter 2**
chapter 3**
chapter 4**
chapter 5**
chapter 6**
chapter 7**
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
author note

chapter 10

414 24 0
By 6ixtsix

TW⚠️:mentions of blood and abuse ahead.if you're triggered by any of this you can skip to the next chapter,but if you're not please continue reading.

Vanessa' pov:

            "Maurice"I mumbled scared out of my mind.

     He was smiling maniacally at me.his hair was everywhere,his shirt has a stain on it. His pants barely hanging on his waist.

    He looks so tattered.why the hell would they let such a person inside this hotel? I know it's cheap and all but still!

     "You look like you just seen a ghost wifey" he said still smiling.

    I was too terrified to move or do anything,i guess I am destined to die anyways. Because there's no way in hell that he would let me live after running away.

    He has made that clear a thousand times.

      His hands started roaming my body.bile rising to my throat at the feeling of his hands on my body.

    I've never been so disgusted by a human in my entire life.

    He chuckled deviously and whispered In my ear "i thought you were smarter than this Vanessa."

    My head hitting the door was the only sound heard in the quiet room, the sound woke Dami up. She immediately started crying.

    He brought out knife and place it in front of my throat.blood was oozing down my face,I couldn't open my left eye because blood was flowing into it.

   "Keep your mouth shut! Unless I will kill your mother."

   Dami immediately placed her hands on her mouth.

   Maurice pushed me to the floor, he put his shoe covered feet on my injured head putting pressure,making me scream out loud.

    He kicked me in the stomach and crotched down and pulled my head backwards so i could look at him.

    "Pack your stuff we are going back." He pushed my head back to the floor and left to seat on the bed.

   I sluggishly got up from the floor, I felt dizzy and weak.there was this sharp pain in my stomach but I ignored it. And went to the closet to get our stuff.

   Thank God I didn't unpack our bags.

     "How are you doing?" I turned around and saw that Maurice was talking to Dami.

    Dami didn't answer him.he immediately raised his hands up to hit her.

     "Maurice!! Don't you dare touch my child" he quickly turned to look at me.

    He walked to where I was and slapped me hard across the face.

    "Don't you ever talk to me like that you dirty whore." He spat and then walked back to his former spot.

    Dami got up and came to my side crying.

    "Mommy are you okay? You should have let him hit me. He has hit you alot today" Dami said still crying.

   I wiped her tears.

    "Don't cry my love. Everything would be okay" I said the last part more to convince myself.

     "Hey! Cut that bullshit! I don't have time."

      I carried the bags and got to the middle of the room.

    "I'm done. Let's go"

     "Are you dumb or what? Go take care of that bloody mess you call a face,And change into something nice while at it. You look repulsive."

      Some people would have cried if they were told these words. But I'm used to it now, he has even called me worse so this is nothing.

     I went into the bathroom with Dami,I don't want that monster to start any stupid shit with her. Dami was holding my  change of clothes.

       I washed my face and dressed the wound on my head. I looked in the cabinet and saw ibruprofen and took them. The pain in my stomach was still there. I feel like passing out but I have to stay awake and strong for my daughter.

    After changing into my clothes.i peeped through the door to check on Maurice.

    He laid on his back facing the ceiling.

    Good

      I took my phone out from my pocket and handed it to Dami.

    "Baby when we get home and your daddy starts hurting me too much, i want you to call 911 okay? Can you do that for me?"

    "Yes mommy"

   I removed the password from my phone,so that she can easily get access to the phone. I showed her how to dial the number. And put my phone in the pocket of her jacket.

    With that,we walked out of the bathroom.

   Maurice held the two suitcases and starts walking out of the room.

    He turned around and looked at me "don't you dare pull any stunts as when we get down. If not...." He trailed off and continue walking.

   When we got to the front desk. I gave the lady a weak smile as she asked how was our stay.

     Maurice being the idiot he his jumped in and said "oh their stay was fantastic. My daughter wouldn't shut up about how nice you were. As nice as the stay was, it has to come to an end just like every good thing in her life." he said pointing at me and smiled at the front desk lady who was furrowing her brows at him. I guess trying to make sense out of the nonsense he just said.

     We got home without him hitting me ThankGod for that.

   We got out of the car leaving the suitcase in the trunk.

    As soon as the door closed he immediately landed a slap on my face leaving a stinging sensation behind.

   Dami was trying to walk away from the scene but he stopped her.

   "Where do you think you're going? Go sit over there and watch me teach your harlot mother a lesson she will never forget.so that next time when she  thinks of running away from me, you can remind her of the beating she got today.....not that there's gonna be a next time." He said grinning deviously.

      He started landing punches on my stomach. Making me cough out blood.

     "I will kill this little bastard in you and then kill you.... useless slut."

  He continued landing punching on my stomach. When he was satisfied with that,he moved to my face I was currently on the floor with him straddling me and  disfiguring my face with heavy punches.

   I don't know how I'm still conscious right now.

   He suddenly stopped and looked in Dami's direction.

  Oh no.i hope she isn't holding the phone.
Please God let the phone not be in her hands I'm begging you Lord.
      I silently prayed.

   But of course my prayers are never answered.

   He lunged towards Dami and took the phone from her hand and slapping her hard across the face.

  I wanted to stand up but the pain in my stomach stopped me.

    He marched angrily to where I was.

  "You gave your daughter your phone so she can call the police on me? You want me to rot in jail?  But guess what I'm gonna kill you,your bastard child and her.i was gonna spare her but she decided to be useless just like you." He said angrily.

    He started kicking my head making the band aid come off. Blood was every where.

   He stopped kicking my head and started kicking my stomach.

   "Die *kick* you *kick* bastard *kick* "  he kicked my stomach after every word he said.

  He crotched down to my level showing me a pocket knife.

    Everything was already blur to me.

    "Do you know what imma do with this?" He asked. I couldn't reply cos I was too weak.

    He immediately stabbed my stomach when I couldn't give him a reply.

    "I'm gonna perform a c-section on you. Imma bring that bastard out and stab it to death,before your eyes.

   Dami's cry and the nonsense he just spat was the last thing I heard before the darkness overtook me.

   .................................................

A/N: we've come to the end of chapter 10,I hope you like it. I want to say big thankyou to y'all for reading my book and also for voting.

   What do you guys think of the book so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 3K 20
Halfway through her walk, her secretary appeared. Helena stopped to hear what he had to say. My vision for this long awaited day shattered when she t...
369K 16.4K 17
Everything he did was for me. And everything I did was for him. I broke his heart. A heart I cherished. A heart he entrusted me with. A heart he l...
21.6K 3.1K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...